Eagle Time
Great Haven - Sneak - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (http://eagle-time.com)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (http://eagle-time.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (http://eagle-time.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Great Haven - Sneak (/showthread.php?tid=929)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9


RE: Great Haven - To Felna - Justice Watch - 01-19-2018

(01-02-2018, 02:16 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: Get him to show you where Felna is.

[Image: vxLVYhn.png]

You convince him to take you to Felna, though he says you won't be able to get very far before you're stopped. It sounds like the chieftains are all meeting with this Hawren called Farragus, who seems responsible for the clan's location. The massive food stockpile is only due to their size, not their wealth. "If it weren't for Farragus," he adds, "we'd all be stuck back at the old den, outside the city. That old place just working out, t'say the least."

"I can relate," you tell him.

He continues. "If I'm bein' honest, this place ain't gonna work out for too much longer neither. Especially at the rate we're picking up outsiders... no offense."

"I don't want to stay anyways," you say, waiting for a chance to interject. "Do you know how I can get my bandanna back? It was a gift from a friend."

He doesn't get what you mean at first. "Your what? You mean that blue shawl you were wearin' when you ran into Felna? Pretty sure they took that back to Farragus so they could see if it were one of theirs; non-scouting members aren't allowed to have neckwear or magical items. Maybe you ought to see them after all, but..."

[Image: TRUR7yf.png]

"...You're gonna have to get past Rye first."

You can sense that Felna and the rest of the chieftains are a short walk through a tunnel past that door.

"She'll put up one helluva fight, too. And I'd much rather watch the fights outside." The rumbling of the audience outside is louder down here. You thank him, and he begins to head up top, saying that you can meet him again by climbing until there's nothing left to climb. Though you can't say you're too excited about rubbing elbows with the locals just yet.


RE: Great Haven - To Felna - tronn - 01-19-2018

>Lie that you have something super important to tell to the chieftains, and it's for their ears only.


RE: Great Haven - To Felna - SeaWyrm - 01-20-2018

>Trick Rye by throwing a rock to make a distracting noise.
>If that doesn't work, just go watch the thing.


RE: Great Haven - To Felna - Wheat - 01-21-2018

Rye looks asleep. Seems like nothing could go wrong with you trying to sneak past them.

On second thought, tell them that you want to volunteer as a scouting member, temporarily.


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - Justice Watch - 02-20-2018

(01-21-2018, 09:23 PM)Wheat Wrote: Try to sneak past them.

[Image: XpF6Gpn.png]

You wave you new acquaintance goodbye, and wait for him to be out of sight before you do anything else. First, you throw a few rocks at the wall behind the guard - it seems pretty clear that she's asleep, so sneaking past should be easy. Shouldn't it?

Standing up tall on your hindlegs, you start to sidle on past her... until you need to think about the different routes you need to take. Above all else, you need to avoid the risk of touching her. Maybe it would be easier if you snuck underneath the wooden cover, but there's not very much space behind that and the bin of dried mortar either. The sound of it clattering to the ground would be disastrous. By now, you'd be thinking of ways you could snag the sword before she could...

[Image: HJZEEmB.png]

...But as you plan, the sight of Rye waking up sets a flutter of panic in your heart. "Hmnn," she yawns. "...What exactly are you doing over here, kid?"

You hold your position, until you decide that you've already seen the worst today. You couldn't have less respect for an authority that takes away your belongings. "I have a message for the chieftains," you tell her. "And it's for their ears only." You thought it up on the spot, but it wasn't entirely false.

Unfortunately, Rye is much more informed than you are. "The chieftains are already discussing matters known only to them. You may as well tell me, so I can go tell them myself. Weren't they talking with you earlier?"

"Well," you think aloud, wracking your mind for another convenient excuse. "It's important that I tell them myself, because..."

(01-21-2018, 09:23 PM)Wheat Wrote: Volunteer as a scouting member.

[Image: Lti5v6j.png]

"...I want to be a scouting member!" You put on the most comfortable face you can, something you are well practiced in. "Honestly didn't get a good chance to say it, but I always wanted to be with you guys and help provide for the clan. And, get some fresh air and... all that."

"We could all use the fresh air here," she replies.

[Image: PoilZY6.png]

She also points her sword at your chest; it wouldn't be the first time this happened to you in the last 24 hours. "I sure hope you're willing to stick to that story. So tell me, why should we let you be a scouting member?" Your will is visibly faltering. "You look a little young to me. What can you do that the others can't?"


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - Schazer - 02-20-2018

Magic. Not very good magic (yet), but magic nonetheless


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - bigro - 02-20-2018

"THIS" you proclaim as you proceed to do a sick backflip, awing everyone in the vicinity and several that are not. Finish it up with finger guns to really seal the deal as they say on the streets.


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - Wheat - 02-20-2018

Knock out a rozo with a single electric shock. (don't ask me to do it now though, it takes a while; one reason why I don't want to tell many people is because my old clan thought it was a "curse" and I don't know how superstitious you all are.)

To be completely frank, I want to use do it for personal reasons. Just today I was part of a job that made me owed a pretty good sum of money. I was supposed to meet with the person who was going to give it to me when all this happened. If I'm a scout, I can more easily find my contact, get my money, and do whatever it is I'm doing next, giving this clan something for its hospitality if I'm going on my way. I don't know what I'll be doing next though, that depends on how I feel after meeting with the chieftains.


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - Smurfton - 02-21-2018

Do as wheat says. Rye will want evidence of any skill you claim to have, so try not to exaggerate.

Is there a way to demonstrate your magical abilities without knocking out Rye? Having the ability to use magic is the only thing you can offer, and Rye would be blind to ignore the value of magic in favor of superstition.


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - SeaWyrm - 02-21-2018

"w-well, I may not be experienced, but I have a lot of heart! And determination! And, uh, I was always really good at hide-and-seek..."


RE: Great Haven - Sneak - tronn - 02-21-2018

>you can do personal favors, if she knows what you mean hint hint nudge nudge