Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

The Grand OC SII: The Re-OCening: Week 29: UNINTELLIGIBLE!
bigro
 RE: The Grand OC SII: The Re-OCening: Week 29: UNINTELLIGIBLE!
Please explain

Radelaide
Username: Its media
Name: Babelshoes
Race: Manifestation of the collective feeling of isolation upon any being in the universe.
Text Color: Italics

Memo from veteran demon hunter: Babelshoes sucks. I hate them. Of all the tales I have heard of this beast none have resulted in a happy ending, the thing is just plain old fucked up. First of all, it doesn't have a consistent form. I mean, it might? I don't know and neither does anyone else honestly, if it exists it doesn't show it to anyone. Now that alone is bad enough but that....thing, it messes with people.
So what it does right, it appears to you as something you just don't understand. Not fear, not even dislike, you will just flat out not 'get' what it is under any circumstances. This takes quite a few forms to boot, from traditional 'undescribable hell beast' to simple behavioural quirks that you just can't quite explain the logic behind and everything in between. I can't really describe it too well, as going too far into it does actually summon them, last thing I want is a babelshoes curse.
Once its appeared, the disease starts to wear on you and consume you. It'll start of as just babelshoes being totally alien to you, but will eventually spread to more and more of the aspects of your perception until you are left in a state of total sensory shutdown. It's...not a pleasant way to go, I've seen it happen and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies.
Now there are some recorded defenses against this blight. None of them have any concrete evidence backing them, all ancedotal...apart from one method that is, I'll get back to that in a moment. First of all, Babelshoes wont target anyone that is juvenile. Doesn't like kids, go figure, you'd think they're easy prey but no. Next, unquestioningly accepting Babelshoes for what it is when it appears to you can mitigate the effects of their poison. Sometimes? Entirely stops it. It wont cure you until Babelshoes leaves, presumably through boredom. Which is the point. But again, very hard to pinpoint this as effective as its seemingly random when they abandon a target. Some living their entire lives out spanning hundreds of years and dying of natural causes before Babelshoes gives up, some only seeing it for a fleeting moment at all.
And as for the method that always works, I don't recommend it. It's to attack it, immediately. While yes, this will get rid of Babelshoes the chance of it not being Babelshoes is quite high and just makes you an asshole. It does have to be immediate, hesitate for even a second and you'll miss your opportunity. There's never any time to actually confirm its Babelshoes, which I feel is their gameplan here. Real piece of work. You'll have to watch yourself around these parts and make sure you're always understood and not too 'different' you know, plenty of folk just assume Babelshoes and knife you.
Lastly you might be wondering how we know of Babelshoes at all, if they even exist. Well, its not actually that much of a mystery. The damn thing leaves fucking clown memorabilia all over the place when it has a target. It's taken a shine to an ancient subculture from a long passed civilization. It's confusing and esoteric, which fits them quite well. In fact we think they may be an extant spirit from this time.
That's all I know about Babelshoes. Now I have a question for you, what IS your hat?

[Image: sdivps.png][Image: ldrohc.png][Image: rqgkny.png]
09-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Grand OC SII: The Re-OCening: Week 29: UNINTELLIGIBLE! - by bigro - 09-18-2017, 08:15 AM