Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)
Hermes
 RE: THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)

Fair point, though I do think it's a viable option to consider. That is, if he refuses to talk to us and runs off like before.
12-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

My favorite dolly partron so far has been nike

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
12-25-2015, 03:35 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

I'm really liking BOLDER's character arc so far, I can't wait to see where it goes next.
12-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Wheat

Really? I think Bolder was a definite misstep. The whole character arc seemed rushed, and the motivations in the second act of it don't seem to follow with those of the first. It would appear that something happened to cause a great change in Bolder's behaviors and attitudes, especially those toward Fire Maiden Mariequa's media brand, yet no plot or reasoning was provided to tell us why. The lack of cohesiveness makes it feel like two different characters.
(We all know the real reason though. The change in characterization occurred RIGHT at the time that it was announced OOC that Stardew Cola was going to be a sponsor of fortuna from here on out, and someone doesn't want to upset the sponsors. So that whole plot thread was conveniently done away with.)

12-30-2015, 02:13 PM
The Flower King
The only goth in the desert

See user title
Your wit continues to amuse me, Wheat.

An introvert, even online.

Currently seeking cosmic knowledge. Contact me if you know anything about the following:
Spoiler :
The Time Before the Beginning
The Great Old Ones
The Great Ones
Byrgenwyrth and the Eldritch Truth
Paleblood
The Time Abyss
How to Dream the Living Dream
The Nature of Life
Entropy
The Colors a Mantis Shrimp Sees
Innsmouth
Owls
The answer to the Ultimate Riddle
Morella's Spirit
The Idiocy of Clocks
01-01-2016, 05:47 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

That bit about Slate's tail and horns not being good enough. Ouch.
01-11-2016, 09:26 AM
LoverIan

I feel like as time goes on Slate becomes more woobie like.
He's not lawful good, but he isn't lawful evil.
01-15-2016, 05:45 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

The warnings about staying underground and not letting the giraffe burn make me suspect a sands of fate style time loop. That is to say, repetition so long as the giraffe burns each day.
02-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
The fortuna website is going pretty smoothly. I should have most of the base html and Css built within the next month. I also set up a system that makes it so that the character art, background, textbox, and text is on it's own "layer" making it possible for people to highlight text or, well, do a little bit of replacement on the artwork....

Spoiler :
[Image: ouIXVNm.png]

It's in super super super beta (The .htmls aren't even removed and the read page has no php and thus is only a layout) but you can look at it over here. Only things that are up are the homepage and the proof of concept read page.

I'm super excited to be finally working on a website for Fortuna. Sometimes I dread what might happen if lets say, imgur, the MSPA forums or MSPAFA goes down so I decided it's about time it moved on its own site. It'll likely be a year or so before I can completely move over to the new site and leave MSPA forums behind so it'll be interesting to see how that goes and if it'll sink or swim. I'm really willing to swap over mainly because

1. It'll allow me to make the first parts of fortuna easier to read, and update the art. Basically make a few retcon / trim down sections where something got mentioned once and was never talked about again, or sections that kind of break canon such as this panel and this panel, which no longer make sense in the context of the rest of the story.

2. Easier to edit. If I see an error in a fortuna panel I have to open up photoshop, then edit it, then save it, then upload it to imgur, and then finally post it to the topics. It's a bit of a pain and most of the time I see an error I tend to pretend it's not there. With the site I'll just be able to reach over and edit the text / change the name of the image and save.

3. More user friendly seeing as due to caches instead of loading every single panel people will just load images they haven't seen before, and because things repeat a lot there are likely going to be a lot of pages where the only thing that needs to load is the text.

And of course no more dreading some sudden downfall of one of those other sites I sort of depend on currently.
02-24-2016, 12:05 AM
Wheat

Good to hear it's coming along nicely!

I clicked on all the site links even though I knew they would all be 404s.

02-24-2016, 04:06 AM
awkwardcarapace
York Upyup

The Year 2003
Holy goodness, that is a nice-looking website!
(and yes, like Wheat, I also clicked on every single link on the index.)

[Image: gmzzj.png]
02-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Hey, I think I found an early hint about Hermes' death clock ability.
03-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Wheat

that's a good catc—wait why are you looking at the space above my avatar like that

03-27-2016, 10:49 PM
LoverIan

wow that is a really good catch. I was more thinking about how Hermes may have been looking at Cobalt's death clock when we discussed Cobalt x Geko
03-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
I'd be worry wheat, you seem to have Wheat time to live. I didn't know how much time that was but thankfully I was able to enlist the help of leet speak to translate it in to 111-1347.

If I'm right this is hinting at the year 1347. This is what wikipedia has to say about that year.
"1347 BC—Legendary King Erechtheus II is reportedly killed by lightning after a reign of 50 years"
As such I would be careful around time machines and/or stray lightning bolts.
03-29-2016, 05:05 AM
awkwardcarapace
York Upyup

The Year 2003
Hold on, I think I missed something. How is... (Game One spoilers)
Spoiler :
Nikki alive? I thought they got killed by that giant creature in space all the way back in Game One. And plus, hasn't it been 200 years since the last time we saw them? Surely they'd be dead after that long amount of time...???

04-02-2016, 05:51 AM
DS Piron

(04-02-2016, 05:51 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: Hold on, I think I missed something. How is... (Game One spoilers)
Spoiler :
Nikki alive? I thought they got killed by that giant creature in space all the way back in Game One. And plus, hasn't it been 200 years since the last time we saw them? Surely they'd be dead after that long amount of time...???
Nikki did claim he was a time traveler. But I think that this was the only time it was mentioned?
04-02-2016, 06:05 AM
Wheat

whoa 50 whole years of reigning at the cost of lightning-death? sign me up for that kind of mortality

as for nikki, i still hold by my earlier insistence that nikki is dead forever despite any appearance to the contrary, because i am a saucy/salty one

actual theories: 1. this planet is in a weird time loop so nikki can exist here, much in the way "dead" captain kirk did on that weird planet in that star trek movie with the time ribbon this is the nerdiest sentence i've typed on this website so far.
2. something having to do with a character on this planet which I can't reveal more of (i hope it's this one, it'd make the reveal better now that they're on our crew)
3. actually a time traveler? nahhhh that's too simple

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 08:01 AM by Wheat.)
04-02-2016, 07:11 AM
LoverIan

What if Nikki never actually died
04-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

(04-03-2016, 10:28 PM)LoverIan Wrote: What if Nikki never actually died
This may also be nikki from the past(or whatever the two things wheat mentioned).
I'm planning to send Helios a spoiler about weither or not Nikki could've survived fluking his miracle roll.
04-03-2016, 10:48 PM
awkwardcarapace
York Upyup

The Year 2003
Hope this hasn't been found before, but uh -

[SPOILERS]

Spoiler :

Remember this panel? Featuring you?

Well, I wondered what that glitch stuff at the end of the GIF was, so I downloaded it and picked it apart. I found THIS image:

[Image: zhhjg.jpg]

Daunting. The glitched text seems to say

APOLLO: It-It IT WASN'T ME! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! IT WAS THEM!
[Apollo yelled as his screen went dark. The others around him dared would not speak.]

Here's a version with the textbox fixed up:

[Image: djzgw.jpg]

It seems we had a hint about the wrong Apollo being imprisoned about 3000 pages before it was revealed.

04-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Ferociousfeind
That fiend seems ferocious!

western hemisphere
wait wait wait, what does Leonard say in this panel?

EDIT: Also, Gime, you should try working on the plot mentioned here, It would not only be hilarious, be we would then also get a better understanding of how things work.

EDITx2:
(04-18-2016, 04:07 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: Hope this hasn't been found before, but uh -

[SPOILERS]

Spoiler :

Remember this panel? Featuring you?

Well, I wondered what that glitch stuff at the end of the GIF was, so I downloaded it and picked it apart. I found THIS image:

[Image: zhhjg.jpg]

Daunting. The glitched text seems to say

APOLLO: It-It IT WASN'T ME! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! IT WAS THEM!
[Apollo yelled as his screen went dark. The others around him dared would not speak.]

Here's a version with the textbox fixed up:

[Image: djzgw.jpg]

It seems we had a hint about the wrong Apollo being imprisoned about 3000 pages before it was revealed.
You know what's exactly 3000 pages after that?
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2016, 11:31 PM by Ferociousfeind.)
04-18-2016, 11:22 PM
BananaPanda
Never trust gnomes

Over here.
Dang guys, nice finds.

Spoiler :
[Image: 2vIOREE.png]
[Image: 1gBPh1f.gif][Image: 8cpvsz.png][Image: doJGDrH.png] [Image: DAZzNDv.gif]
04-19-2016, 04:18 AM
awkwardcarapace
York Upyup

The Year 2003
(04-18-2016, 11:22 PM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: wait wait wait, what does Leonard say in this panel?

Spoiler :

[Image: fbfyp.jpg]

LEONARD: Ok, now that I've gotten Rodney calmed down, I can give you a very quick [??????] of what Apollo CAN do if we let him out. I say [??????], and I guess it's worth noting that if we don't [??????] he can be very useful but [??????] would want it his way it's near impossible. Also it's said he could [a verb, something like rip?] skins off.

Since the text isn't glitched, but instead just blacked out, most of this is just speculation.

04-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Now that we're talking secret messages, did anybody ever find out what Pembrose said? I don't recognise the font myself, but since each symbol is presumably a letter, one could presumably solve it if one were good at cryptology.
04-19-2016, 07:07 AM