THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)

THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)
RE: THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)
Today on "Gime comes up with a cool idea in the Discord server, lets me do it, and comes to regret it":
[Image: 0quHkz4.png]
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Everyone has to click that image and be taken to the album because this even was quite A TRIP.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
How does Fortuna function? Is it a suggestion comic? And if so where do i input my commands?
(08-23-2017, 09:20 PM)Angustine Wrote: »How does Fortuna function? Is it a suggestion comic? And if so where do i input my commands?
The fortuna adventure is actually a story spun around a famous let's play from the game fortuna.
@Angustine
Fortuna is a suggestion comic, sadly you caught us at a weird time cause the redux will be moving forward soon so that basically means suggestions will be down for a bit, except for the redux. Normally you suggest in the [Fortuna] topic.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Is the Cosmodex Fortuna not complete? Since i can't seem to progress byond the big red snake dog.
it's not. that's the "redux" which gime is getting gradually done
[Image: RjvYOd.png]
Yep the redux is not finished but is getting done. Hopefully it'll be done in my estimated 6 months but I can't give any promises.
Can someone find the savescum intermission? I skimmed all 99 pages, but I think it was in spoilers so I missed it.
What happened in the save scum intermission, I can't remember that intermission?
So Mors explains to Hermes how to record things by touching them. Hermes experiences a glitch, and everything is reset, except him and Mors.
At some point, Mors explains that the player is a savescummer.

This was likely some time before, or after the Kelda's Hotel debuted.
Apollo found it!
https://mspfa.com/?s=3646&p=4971
Bumping the pit so it's more visible. This is the discussion topic for Fortuna, feel free to post anything here. Going to be locking the other topic for a little bit while the redux and other matters are worked on.
Today I was able to locate the very first Joke non canon Inter-Mission. All the awful spelling is on perpose. You can see that this joke intermission would end up hinting to future events that would happen, like most of the intermissions.

Enjoy this train wreck I thought died with the MSPAFourms.

SpoilerShow
Yooo so I wrote this up in the discord and wanted to put the ideas out there

- Selene: May help keep Helios more stable, sibling stuff here. Patron powers are very worth all the risks.
- Hemera: No relationship info, but it's probably not that bad? Helpful though playthrough wise, but may summon AIs we've pissed off. Such is life.
- Mors: Probably so mad at us, and has done mean stuff, but works well with Helios. Good powers.
- Kratos: Might be good with Helios. Extremely good choice powers wise. Very Very Good for Overbuff The Captain choice.
- Opis: A good egg. Might be workable with Helios. Patron powers choice
- Circe: May annoy Helios, but may also cheer him up. Good patron powers, and will be fun to watch rolls get rigged.
- Coeus: Might annoy Helios, but good work relationship. Worthwhile patron power.

This is all regarding "what patron should we use with helios next game"

Also valid to consider is that we still have [Famous] trait, along with a number of other things we could do to buff Atheris, Nero, and our upcoming hybrids
Army mode, or a diff game mode could also be a consideration for our next crew.
[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed

(02-16-2018, 04:50 PM)LoverIan Wrote: »Yooo so I wrote this up in the discord and wanted to put the ideas out there

- Selene: May help keep Helios more stable, sibling stuff here. Patron powers are very worth all the risks.
- Hemera: No relationship info, but it's probably not that bad? Helpful though playthrough wise, but may summon AIs we've pissed off. Such is life.
- Mors: Probably so mad at us, and has done mean stuff, but works well with Helios. Good powers.
- Kratos: Might be good with Helios. Extremely good choice powers wise. Very Very Good for Overbuff The Captain choice.
- Opis: A good egg. Might be workable with Helios. Patron powers choice
- Circe: May annoy Helios, but may also cheer him up. Good patron powers, and will be fun to watch rolls get rigged.
- Coeus: Might annoy Helios, but good work relationship. Worthwhile patron power.

This is all regarding "what patron should we use with helios next game"

Also valid to consider is that we still have [Famous] trait, along with a number of other things we could do to buff Atheris, Nero, and our upcoming hybrids
Army mode, or a diff game mode could also be a consideration for our next crew.

With game 3 starting up it's a good time for us to start discussing:

- Patrons (Kratos or no Kratos?)
- Game Modes
- Fortuna Bonuses
- Game Bonuses
- Who will we use [FAMOUS] on, will we use it at all
- Will Atheris be a crew member
- Should we do a tutorial?
- Should we try co-op?
- What other player should we talk to

Aetheris should definitely be a crew member, that's the plan. However on this page https://mspfa.com/?s=3646&p=7101 Eris says they'd rather we didn't pick Helios as a patron (I think. They might just be saying that they don't want to be patrons WITH Helios? In which case there's no problem). So we need to decide if we'll listen to them on that. Helios is a good patron.
Also the next game should probably have more planets, because there arent all that many games left until the universe ends, so the more planets, the more stuff we can do to try and change things.
Could also do a tutorial, but, I don't really see a point in doing that? Unless there are some past events which we want to try to influence.

Also, why would Mors hate us? He'd probably be annoyed to be our patron, but only because he'd consider his time better spent elsewhere. We're on his side with the whole Sun God thing, and we've aided him in the past. I think.
(04-26-2018, 02:40 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »Also the next game should probably have more planets, because there arent all that many games left until the universe ends, so the more planets, the more stuff we can do to try and change things.

The only downside to that is both that increasing the number of planets increases the length of how long a crew narrative takes to finish, and that the game gets harder with more planets.

I'm not against more planets, as if we do it correctly we can buy new ships to increase our options next game and leave behind characters to get additional hybrid options for the next game.

Things:

- Having crewmembers leave the crew is a valid strat to both free up spots on the crew, but also as a way to secure hybrids
- This crew will start with a crafting machine, and we can craft in roomtraps. We can also roomtrap our patrons.
- Our culture god powers summon items from the future iirc

What we could do is specifically buy items from stores that we plan to summon into a roomtrap. If we see items we want to fuse in a roomtrap for future usage, we buy them, find a good time to roomtrap our patrons, inform them we just want to craft stuff, summon the respective items, craft them, and then end the roomtrap. Then we head over to the item, try to pick it up, oh no it's gone.
Worst case the crew thinks there's an anomaly stealing their shit.

- Also purebred shipping is powerful stat wise and has reduced red traits
- Hybrid ships are likely to get good green traits/abilities, but have more red traits. See Marble having sleep issues, but being a tank and an anti-psychic.

There's no guaranteed that the game will take the item we bought at that particular moment, though. Fortuna's probably a smart enough game to realize it when we're gaming our power.

Purebreed shipping means we'll have the same species on crew twice, if not thrice. Hybrids are more intresting to have.

It's likely going to be hard to ship crew with npcs now that we don't have a relationship counselor like Cea. Without one, relationships generally develop over the course of multiple interactions IIRC.

If we wanted to we could still make the fauna into a relationship counselor, or assign the Xenobiologist to be one. Since they have [Jack of Trades] they could probably do an okayish job at relationship counseling. Heck, we may not even have to assign the job, just make them try to matchmake between a character and a crew.
Ahh. I thought we were supposed to game our powers where we could.

That doesn't sound like a bad plan.

Oh, we probably are supposed to game our powers. However, given the way fortuna is, the item might opt to disapear at an inoportunate moment, rather than when the character goes to pick it up.
Hm. Then my plan would probably create a plothole, as:

Store has specific gun
We ask to see gun physically
We draw gun to summon
We gain Gun in patronspace
Gun has not been taken at that time
We buy gun
later at ship we look at gun once and never give it to anybody and ensure it never shows up again

this summon then must have been summoned at the time we saw it at the ship, or at another time. but since we forced it to never be relevant and thus not be a problem it cannot be summoned.
a plothole rips into the universe due to an unresolved usage of power.

I'm not sure what strategy we could entail to make having items disappear at crucial moments be an asset rather than a flaw, as we'd have to see into the future to see the item we would summon (say to take it away from an enemy), or we'd have to have certain game knowledge (say summoning o5's legs, and then later seeing o5).
As a result, if we cannot game the system to get around that fatal flaw, strategy would say we should avoid the usage of culture powers altogether.

We've probably summoned more markers than we'll ever be able to see disapear but that doesn't cause any plot holes either.
Hm true.