like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

Texas
Nope. Just a curious grebling kid.
11-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: Swamped
The Goddamn Pacman

For just a moment, you see a large reptilian face and freeze in fear. Has a tunneler surfaced?

But then you realize it's a lizard-worm and it's just very close by. In that it seems to have knocked you over just as you were getting your bearings.

"Are you the human who brought this here?" someone asks. "Don't worry, its teeth haven't grown back yet. It's safe to just push it off."

You do so, and then you get up to see a very tiny grebling. A child? They've got the lizard-worm on some sort of leash.

"Well, it wasn't my idea, but I guess it was with my group," you say. "Last I saw it, it was still missing its head."

"Yeah, they don't usually grow back this fast, that's what Max says. But the teeth are usually fully formed by the time the head comes back. Not this time. Max thinks whatever sped up the growth doesn't work on teeth, or not as well."

"You don't say."

"So Max asked me to help feed it stuff that it doesn't need teeth for."

"At this hour?"

"I'm old enough to stay up until midnight," the child shoots back. "Besides, I'm hunting sand beetles to feed it, and they don't leave their nests until it's dark."

"What's your name?"

"Max Junior, but everyone just calls me Junior," says the kid. "It's not a very good name, Max just couldn't think of anything better."

"I see. Well, nice to meet you. I'm Corvus."

"That's a way better name," Junior says, sounding a little jealous.

"I could call you something else if you'd like. Where I come from, most people pick their names. Well, sometimes they can't think of anything and they ask for a name. When that happens, they usually get stuck with a name they don't like."

"That sounds like a cool place," Junior says, awestruck. "I wish I could pick my name. I'd be..."

Junior seems lost in thought.

"I don't know, actually. Never realized just how hard this was. I guess that's why Max gave up."

You figure you may as well get some information out of this kid.

"Well, you don't have to answer right away. By the way, have you seen any other humans around tonight? I'm trying to check on the rest of my group."
Yesterday, 01:51 AM
Pharmacy
scraw.

Anywhere.
"Had you seen some priest-likes? Just sayin'."
Yesterday, 07:00 AM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

Texas
Huh. Corvus doesn’t actually know if greblings lay eggs or not. Does this kid have a mom?

This kid doesn’t know much about humans. Does Corvus have a Broodtooth?
Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

"Well, there was that human being dragged around the camp in ropes. That's the only one I really saw up close before now." Junior pauses. "Is it true humans don't have claws?"

"Pretty much," you say. "I mean, we've got something similar on our fingers, but they don't get nearly as sharp."

"Must be hard to climb trees, then. Not that I've ever seen a tree."

"It's not that bad. We've got bigger limbs than you, so we can reach around the tree. That helps quite a lot."

"Have you climbed a tree before?"

"Plenty of times. I live in a swamp, we've got lots of trees there."

Junior seems intrigued.

"What's a swamp?"

"Well, basically it's a big patch of water with lots of plants growing out of it. Ours is a real big patch of water, only it's so thick it's nearly mud."

"Sounds like it'd be easier to get food there than it is here," Junior says. "We get most of our food from the supplier. Not a lot grows here, and we can't really eat meat."

"Right, your teeth aren't made for it. To be honest, we don't eat much meat out in the swamp either. Not because we can't, but because we have trouble storing it and we couldn't make enough to feed a whole fortress on one day's hunt. Mostly we eat swampleaf because that's plentiful."

"What's that taste like?"

"Like a really flavorless leaf. Keeps us fed, though."

You feel like this isn't really getting anywhere, even if it is educating the kid. You're probably better off letting Junior here go on their way while you get your work done.

But before you can work out how to excuse yourself, they ask a question that, frankly, startles you.
9 hours ago
Pharmacy
scraw.

Anywhere.
"Can you help us?"
9 hours ago