Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

SISTENE
Ixcaliber
 SISTENE
Merchant Queen of the Space Consortium

It had been raining for days, for four days to be exact. Not that persistent drizzle that you might imagine; it was a full on storm raging out there. It was raining hard enough that a hypothetical person might struggle to make themselves heard over the relentless thudding of raindrops hammering against a hypothetical windowpane. And still it showed no sign of relenting.

It was a magical storm, clearly. Anyone with any shred of magical ability would have recognized it as such. In fact scratch that, anyone with eyes to observe, a concept of how storms were supposed to be and the base understanding of what magic is would have reached this conclusion. This storm was not being subtle. The dark clouds, that had blotted out the sun for the best part of a week, were tinted a vivid violet. The rain pouring from gutters and running down empty streets was white yet clear and here and there in puddles and rivulets were rainbows of colour flowing through it. Occasionally a discord would ring out; a peal of thunder before a bolt of harlequin lightning would strike. The light from those brief strikes illuminated the world even through the thickest blackout curtains and eyes scrunched tight. It was clearly a magical storm anyone could see that. But there was only a handful of people who could have even hazarded a guess as to the why, and to what was to follow.

On the fourth day of the storm, if anyone had been studying the endless violet clouds that hung above they might have noticed something, a shape off in the distance to the west, out over the unknown. By the morning of the fifth day of the storm it was undeniable. It was massive, it was seemingly made of light, a huge white shape. It was faceless, motionless, but somehow undeniably aware if not exactly alive. There were whorls and spirals, tentacles and a pair of massive outstretched wings, limbs that whilst they were distinctly countable gave a distinct impression of being countless. In some places it was golden.

This was a spirit, larger and more powerful than any spirit anyone had seen before. And most importantly: unbound. Ripe for the picking for any capable mage brave, arrogant or just plain reckless enough to attempt to bind this behemoth to their will. All across the Principalities ambitious, reclusive and ruthless mages began to stir...

CHARACTER SELECTION TIME:
[Image: characterselect_zpsk3wm8dlf.png]

fuck photobucket
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 02:41 AM by Ixcaliber.)
01-15-2016 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lankie
 RE: SISTENE (probably a text adventure)
that one guy, that does that one thing.

Let's go with not-Duke of not-Detroit.
01-15-2016 02:11 PM
Mirdini

(01-15-2016 02:11 PM)Lankie Wrote:  Let's go with not-Duke of not-Detroit.
01-15-2016 02:22 PM
ICan'tGiveCredit
Demonic Kitchen Appliance

Location: The deepest, most petrifying depths of your local Wal-Mart
robot wizard

"A day without a laugh is a day wasted."
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png][Image: Sm02KV6.png]
01-15-2016 02:35 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Firehawk!!!!

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
01-15-2016 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dalmationer
Heck.Admin

idk who these characters are but i like the one with the weed sprayer

01-15-2016 05:02 PM
Sanzh
breaking the law

girl with the nice sweater

| Tumblr | Experiment Horror | Technician Alchemist Progenitor Tree | Armor Paladin |
01-15-2016 05:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

I think the poseable mannequin is the easiest to draw fanart of.

Let me out Stay safe inside | You're not kind | Ethics are overrated | What is life | Men are pigs | I'm so drunk | EAT ME NOW | Click clack fuck | Is this right Only money matters | Change my clothes | Little sun rising | One cat's future | Wax and wane | Dark times ahead
----
So very British / But then again | People are machines Machines are people | Oh hai there | There's no time
----
Superhero 1920s noir | Multigenre Half-Life | Changing the future | Command line interface
Tu ventire felix? | Clockwork for eternity | Explosions in spacetime
01-17-2016 01:00 PM
Kíeros
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

> Let's be the very first one
01-17-2016 01:19 PM
Whimbrel

Duke duke duke duke

~◕ w◕~
01-17-2016 03:00 PM
Ixcaliber
 RE: SISTENE
Merchant Queen of the Space Consortium

Spoiler :
Okay so I know there were more Baron Jormungandr votes here than there were Xannon The Great votes, but across here and mspafa there were more votes total for Xannon. I was planning to do the whole split paths thing with the different forums but thats out now that mspafa is dead. I might swing through all these characters as the story progresses, so I'm certain we'll encounter the Baron at some point. But overall if I'm just doing one version of this adventure I feel like it works better as not starring my Duke of Detroit knock off.

(01-15-2016 02:35 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  robot wizard

[Image: characterselectmspa_zpsh8obt4gx.png]

Xannon The Great, once known as H&C Futuristics Unit XTG-16, was most generally known as that robot that runs the curse shop (Xannon The Great’s Wonder Emporium of Hexes, Jinxes and other Magical Maladies to give it is full name). They were working in the back room, putting the finishing touches to a new range of Xannon The Great’s Skin Scratch Compulsion Pulverance, when they learned about the spirit.

They ground the carefully calculated mixture of herbs and other miscellaneous ingredients in a manner that was both very precise and extremely vigorous at the same time and they whistled along to a little light jazz playing from the battered old radio in the corner. The signal wasn’t the best at the best of times, Xannon had been surprised they could receive a broadcast from the mainland at all, but thanks to the weather outside the music was at least seventy five percent static. Xannon didn’t mind, they felt it had a certain charm all of its own.

Technically the shop was still open for business, but Xannon was not expected any customers. Since the storm had began their numbers had dwindled; even the residents of Freetown didn’t want to risk venturing out into this weather. If someone did happen to come in, Xannon probably wouldn’t hear the ringing of the bell above the door over the sound of the pounding rain and the static-jazz, but they were sure anyone would make themselves known; only a fool tried to steal from a shop that sold curses.

Suddenly the music stopped halfway through ‘Talk About My Voice’ by Hank Vaska, and Cithaeron, the announcer for JELR (Jorport Easy Listening Radio), announced an emergency broadcast from the Jormungandr Council. A recorded message played; the slightly alarmed voice of Princess Jormungandr, accompanied by a handful of identical voices bickering in the background.

“People of the Principalities, this is Jormungandr Cobalt. Please brace yourself for a level three? yes a level three catastrophe. A being of immense size and terrible beauty is flying, floating (?), over the Principalities. Though it hasn’t yet consumed the minds of those below some of us believe that this is a distinct possibility. We advise you to stay in your home, drink plenty of water and do not under any circumstances try to engage this horrifying sky leviathan. We are split roughly fifty fifty on whether tin foil fashioned into the shape of a hat will protect you, but my personal take is that it’s unlikely to hurt so you might as well try it and it could well be the latest fashion. We will bring you further information as and when we have it.”

This broadcast was, of course, interspersed with momentary bursts of static, but the thrust of the message was still loud and clear. Xannon stopped what they were doing, put down the half finished pulverance and drove over to the back doors, which they pushed open. The view from here was fantastic. The Emporium was on the edge of one of Freetown’s many cliffs; below Xannon could see the harbour district, normally packed day and night, now occupied by only a couple of individuals, some with umbrellas, some in thick robes or coats with hoods turned up against the neverending rain.

Xannon looked eastward towards the Principality of Jormungandr. Of course they couldn’t see the spirit itself, not from this distance, but the hue of the stormclouds was different there, a deep ethereal blue. Xannon had no personal experience of spirits, but it certainly matched the description Madame Agwyrs (the former proprietor of the curse parlour, back when it had been a curse parlour) had once given them. There was a bolt of blinding lightning somewhere out across the ocean, but Xannon barely noticed.

A spirit of such incredible power that its glow could be seen from here, even through this storm… Xannon considered. Then an alarming, and yet enticing thought, that this spirit and this storm might be one and the same. They could scarcely conceive of such power. It was a power certainly worth risking a trip into the Principalities once again, and they found that they were already considering how they would do so, how they would seize this tremendous power for themselves. They would become not just Xannon The Great but Xannon The Magnificent, maybe Xannon The Fantastic, perhaps even an adjective even more grand than that!

But this would not be an easy task. Freetown was an island and Xannon was pretty sure no ships would be sailing in these weather conditions, at least without a little persuasion. Not to mention that any wizard worth their salt would have come to the same conclusions. Xannon didn’t doubt that they would have a little competition in this spirit hunt. They closed shut the back door of the Emporium and considered their next actions. There was no time to waste.

fuck photobucket
06-01-2016 02:49 AM
Kíeros
 RE: SISTENE
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

> Pull out your stash of tin foil.

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
06-02-2016 11:33 PM