Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Author Message
Whimbrel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 1,554
Joined: Jul 2011
Even if you look a bit different, they still know you in town, right? If you explain that Pan's helping you get around I'm sure they'll be tolerant of it.
10-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 6,246
Joined: Jul 2011
Masks
masks of paper masks of grass or giant leaves with eyeholes cut out
there is no way trouble can happen with masks
all problems solved and all dreams come true with masks
do masks today

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
10-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kitet
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
frog wife

Offline
Posts: 1,159
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
[Image: 057.png]
This... isn't going to end well. You decide to keep riding Pan to your destination.

"ARE YOU SURE THIS WILL WORK?
I DOUBT EVERYONE HAS JUST FORGOTTEN WHAT MY PEOPLE HAVE DONE
AND I DOUBT ALL OF THEM WILL LISTEN TO YOU"

Well, do we have any better ideas? We'll just convince anyone we see to escort us on our way.
If enough people think you're alright, then that's the first big step.
Let's go.



[Image: 058.png]


[Image: 059.png]
Well, you're at Bili Bridge... no sign of anyone yet... except for whoever's on guard duty.

"heyyyyyy!"


[Image: 060.png]
"hey friend, do you mind if we pass?"
Tolu mumbles, half asleep, and starts to scoot over before he sees you.


[Image: 061.png]
"uh, uh! no, demon, get off faun!
why havent you destroyed faun?!
what are you doing?!"


Tolu, listen, it's all right. This is Pan. He's not a bad faun. He's taking me into Topia. Let us through.

"uhhhhh! okay but im gonna come with you!
to make sure faun doesnt do anything bad! okay!"


"I CAN ASSURE YOU I WILL DO NOTHING OF THE SORT"

"aaahhhhhhhhh!!!"

Well, alright then.

[Image: 062.png]
You're at the front gate of Topia now. A few people are looking out their windows at you, no doubt confused and worried.

... Now that you think about it, you weren't even told where Mermaid is waiting for you.
10-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 8,814
Joined: Jul 2011
>Just act casual, don't do anything to draw more attention than you already are between your entourage and your very existence.
10-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Infrared
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
cuet anime grils

Offline
Posts: 1,863
Joined: Jul 2011
Edmonton, Alberta.
Ask Tolu about Mermaid

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
10-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
btp
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
word juggleryer

Offline
Posts: 3,849
Joined: Nov 2011
Texas
If people seem reluctant to accept a faun in their midst, start up a musical routine about tolerance and knowing your neighbors!
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Crowstone
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
squee~

Offline
Posts: 1,762
Joined: Jul 2012
usa
ahh she's probably just at the fountain

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kitet
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
frog wife

Offline
Posts: 1,159
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
[Image: 063.png]
Uhhhhh... Tolu, have you met Mermaid recently? Orrrr... do you know where she hangs out when she's in Topia?

"huh? oh no i haven't. but i think she is probably at the fountain in the middle of town."

Well, let's check there, then.

[Image: 064.png]
As you walk through town, you can't help but feel Tolu's presence is the only thing keeping Pan safe right now.
Some people are starting to follow you down the street.
Pan just keeps walking.


[Image: 065.png]
You see Mermaid at the fountain, talking to Fairy. They don't notice you arrive. You wonder what they might have been talking about while waiting for you.

[Image: 066.png]
"hey---"

[Image: 067.png]
"hey fairy! hey mermaid! you wanna help us with something?"
"Wha- Hi guys, what's up? What do you neeee..."

[Image: 068.png]
"... Oh. Hi, Alex. Is this a friend of yours?"

Sure, let's go with that. His name is Pan and he wants to be a regular citizen. Do you think you could help him with it?

"Uh. Probably? I don't... really... know..."

"IF I WANTED TO EAT HER, I WOULDN'T HAVE LET HER RIDE ME INTO TOWN FIRST
YOU HAVE NO NEED TO WORRY"

"Well then. Pan, was it? Let's see what I can do for you."
.
.
.
Mermaid floats over and mutters to you.
"Um, Demon? Alex? Why did you need to ride him into town?"

Because you don't have legs anymore???

"... Oh. I can teach you how to move on land later, if you want."
11-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 8,814
Joined: Jul 2011
>That sounds good. Let's do that. But first, we have some business here, right?
11-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Crowstone
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
squee~

Offline
Posts: 1,762
Joined: Jul 2012
usa
yes!
do that business!

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kitet
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
frog wife

Offline
Posts: 1,159
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
[Image: 69.png]
"So, you wanna live the civilized life, do you? Well, first I'd say you gotta introduce yourself, but that might... be difficult..."
"hey wait a second!"


[Image: 070.png]
An ogre separates himself from the crowd, with a face like he's got a lot of questions to ask and not enough time for the answers.

"you're just gonna let this crazy monster walk around town?
those things eat people! and they destroy stuff! how can you trust it?"


[Image: 071.png]
"NICE TO MEET YOU, TOO
DO YOU GREET EVERY NEW CITIZEN THIS WAY?"


[Image: 072.png]

[Image: 073.png]
He walks back home. The crowd starts to disperse.

[Image: 074.png]
"Well, that was more eloquent than I could ever be. Maybe this won't be so hard. Now, there's quite a few different places you can go, here in Topia, for different reasons, so listen up."

Fairy continues to talk to Pan.


[Image: 075.png]
"Hey Alex. There's plenty more room in the pool here for you."

Sure, okay. You need to get used to swimming, anyhow.


[Image: 076.png]
"...So that's about it, I guess. I mighta forgot something. Where do you wanna go first?"

"I GUESS I'M A LITTLE HUNGRY
I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT THE DINER, PLEASE"

"Arright, let's go, then!
Oh, and uh, good luck with your mission, Alex."

Fairy gets up, and he, Pan, Dryad, and Tolu head off to Witch's diner.


[Image: 077.png]
"Well then. Alex, I'm gonna go ahead and assume Heaven didn't give you a whole lot of details about our mission."
11-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Whimbrel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 1,554
Joined: Jul 2011
Yeah, Heaven was kind of sparing with the details. Just that I had to be able to swim, because you found something interesting? So....What's up?

edit: TELL PAN TO ORDER THE SOFT BREADS
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 02:58 AM by Whimbrel.)
11-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Crowstone
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
squee~

Offline
Posts: 1,762
Joined: Jul 2012
usa
>Well, share what you DO know at leastttt

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
11-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kitet
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
frog wife

Offline
Posts: 1,159
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
[Image: 078.png]
Well, all Heaven said was that you found something interesting, Mermaid.

"Yyyyeah, it's interesting, all right."
Look here, Alex. You know what this is, right? You better."

Well, yeah. That's a bit of belief. Why's it in a bottle?


[Image: 079.png]
"Just... look."

She uncorks the bottle.


[Image: 080.png]
The belief slides out of the little bottle, and as soon as it hits the water, starts to swim around the pool.

Wait...

Who's belief is this?

"It's not mine, Alex. I found it in the ocean. There was a bunch of them, just, little disconnected bits of belief with minds of their own. I took a bit of it to Heaven, and Heaven said it had nothing to do with this."


[Image: 081.png]
"Alex, didn't you arrive in Realm without Heaven's direction?
Because... I think there's more where you came from.
And they're lost, swimming in the endless void that is Realm's Sea."
12-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Crowstone
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
squee~

Offline
Posts: 1,762
Joined: Jul 2012
usa
oh so are all the other dead people are coming here too except they are just little beliefyfish?

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
12-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Whimbrel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 1,554
Joined: Jul 2011
Can they communicate? Or, like, understand anything? How smart are they, basically?
12-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Infrared
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
cuet anime grils

Offline
Posts: 1,863
Joined: Jul 2011
Edmonton, Alberta.
Dude you gotta help them!

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
12-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
AgentBlue
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
that escalated quickly

Offline
Posts: 4,328
Joined: Jul 2011
Sunshine, Lollipops and Diabetes
How...how broken are these people?
12-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
btp
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
word juggleryer

Offline
Posts: 3,849
Joined: Nov 2011
Texas
Gotta go back to the human world and tell them to stop telling stories about magical brainless fish
12-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Whimbrel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 1,554
Joined: Jul 2011
(12-01-2012, 06:01 AM)btp Wrote: Gotta go back to the human world and tell them to stop telling stories about magical brainless fish

Oh, this got me thinking. Could they be caused by "people lost at sea" or something? Do you know any myths like that, Alex?
12-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kitet
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
frog wife

Offline
Posts: 1,159
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
[Image: 082.png]
What?! But... we have to help those poor souls!

"That's exactly it, Alex. There are potentially good people lost out there, who knows how many may have been eaten, or trapped?
That's pretty much our job. Heaven wants us to help them.
More importantly, Heaven wants us to find out where in Realm they're appearing from.
They can't all just be appearing in the sea, right? After all, you appeared in the forest."

That is true. So, once we rescue them, then what? They're barely living.

"Uh, Heaven said we should take them to it. Then it will take care of them, I guess?"

Oh. You think you know what Heaven will do with them... You'd rather not tell Mermaid.
Still, Heaven knows best, you guess.
So, Mermaid, what's our plan?

"Well, I figure we'll go from town to town, see if the locals know anything, so on.
We can cross Topia off the list of towns we'll be searching, as it's not really connected to the sea.
So, um... it's gonna be a long trip... is there anything you want to do in Topia before we leave?"
12-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Jacquerel
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 1,784
Joined: Sep 2011
You should probably make sure that nobody has killed Pan yet before you head off.
12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Crowstone
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
squee~

Offline
Posts: 1,762
Joined: Jul 2012
usa
>Gather a travelling party! Bring faerie!

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
AgentBlue
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
that escalated quickly

Offline
Posts: 4,328
Joined: Jul 2011
Sunshine, Lollipops and Diabetes
Foooooooooooood!
12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Offline
Posts: 6,246
Joined: Jul 2011
See about getting a wagon. A red wagon that is also a raft in that it has inflatable/buoyant things on the side like buoys or waterwings. Or maybe it's a raft that has wheels? Who knows--the point is, if you are going to be traveling across all these different terrains it is good to have some sort of all-terrain vehicle. You might get tired from swimming or walking. Plus, if someone else comes along with you, you won't have to rely on them for land transportation (and they won't have to rely on you for sea transportation.)
Bring an oar or two too, so you can push yourself along on land, or others can push themselves along on sea.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
12-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply