Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Lucidstuck: It's not over!
martialAcademic
 RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!

God damn it, this is precisely what I didn't want happening. That's also not what we are actually here for, but backtracking at this point just makes us seem even more untrustworthy. Not to mention we probably need to weave in something to help Lucas bring back more memories of her humanity.
04-21-2017 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
juddy555

Location: In a house. On a mass of land. On the planet Earth.
>"You may not believe us, but we really are here to help as best we can. If you would like, we can go. But we can just talk too. We will not be doing anything you don't want us too and we really just want to be friendly."
Or you know, something to that effect. Being genuine really helps with people who have been hurt, and the monsters in this world are just hurt people.

Line from my favorite adventure, All Night Laundry! And its website! (I linked to the first page)

"I assure you, there is a rational explanation for this."

"Hey, how 'bout we don't lie to the nice lady with the baseball bat?"
04-21-2017 07:53 PM
Xoleuph

damn, looks like we gotta fix this.

(04-21-2017 07:03 PM)Fellow Wrote:  >Lucas: Offer Lethos companionship if she doesn't take your other offer. Suggest something to do like playing a game to make her remember what having friends was like.
(04-21-2017 07:53 PM)juddy555 Wrote:  >"You may not believe us, but we really are here to help as best we can. If you would like, we can go. But we can just talk too. We will not be doing anything you don't want us too and we really just want to be friendly."
Or you know, something to that effect. Being genuine really helps with people who have been hurt, and the monsters in this world are just hurt people.
a combination of the two is probably best. maybe first lay out our intentions in a less threatening/pushy way (than was done before, not in what I quoted), then offer to have some fun together either way.

I wonder, what could we play with lethos?
04-21-2017 08:32 PM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

(04-21-2017 08:32 PM)Xoleuph Wrote:  I wonder, what could we play with lethos?
Chess, perhaps? Lucas plays chess, and you can play it verbally so being a huge monster won't get in the way of it so long as we can project it. More physical games are a little difficult. Hide and seek might bring back childhood memories, and it could work if Lucas wore the tin foil hat and lethos did the seeking.

It's not the most exiting of pasttimes but Lethos has literally been standing alone in a field for eternity.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 09:16 PM by Fellow.)
04-21-2017 09:11 PM
Kayriel
Heir of Rage

She's suspicious, paranoid, and intelligent. This is dangerous, the level of stubbornness that creates is legendary. At this point she's convinced herself we're here to try and screw her over in some way. We need to tread carefully, do not make sudden and individual commands, people. Chances are you alone are not going to be enough to figure out something that will help us out of this. Work together.
04-21-2017 10:59 PM
Heyoceama

I suggest, if possible, that we stall until we can get Uilos. If Lethos' mind powers extend to mind reading then she'll know he's telling the truth about our abilities. And even if they don't his word could potentially add a lot of credibility to our word.

"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 11:08 PM by Heyoceama.)
04-21-2017 11:07 PM
martialAcademic

Oh, I just had an idea. If it's not looking like it's gonna work now, we should just delay it. If we say something like "okay, if you don't believe us then just wait. next time a viable candidate shows up we'll bring you proof" it would let us disengage from the conversation without giving up talking to her.

Alternatively I was thinking about having lucas say something like: "simple logic really: you walking around as a giant hostile entity is an unpleasant/terrifying thought. Making you smaller in a more comfortable/desired form both takes away the giant part, and giving you something you want would hopefully take away the hostile part. Plus, according to literally every source of information we have to pacify all the boss existences like yourself to do something important, so this is really multitasking for us"
04-21-2017 11:31 PM
infuriatingCrimson

(04-21-2017 06:52 PM)Panur Wrote:  > Garreth: advise.

I second this. We need to think of how to handle this.

If she can see with the flying monsters, then leading them to your group might help convince her this is no trick and that the light is only a tool to allow for speech.

I also agree this is a delicate time, we don't need to throw commands around, but instead spread ideas and info.

I say we show Lethos where we really are with the light projection. It's whole purpose was to get her attention and now it is causing us issues...

Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
04-21-2017 11:48 PM
TerraTorment
Genius of Gifs

(04-21-2017 11:48 PM)infuriatingCrimson Wrote:  
(04-21-2017 06:52 PM)Panur Wrote:  > Garreth: advise.

I second this. We need to think of how to handle this.

seconding the seconding

i dont really get why lethos is reacting like this, specially the line Lethos: Such rationale would make for sweet words onto a fool.

Spoiler: signature stuff
[Image: SQuWf7W.png]
04-22-2017 01:36 AM
Unclever title
incredible Username

>Lucas: Stop talking like a salesman.
>Be Honest: "You said it yourself. You've been here far longer than us. It would follow that you're much wiser than us too and quite naturally far more skeptical. To be honest, we don't fully trust you either. That's why most of our group have their minds protected. But we do want to help you and we believe we can."

We... do believe we can right?
04-22-2017 03:05 AM
Mousemallow

(04-22-2017 03:05 AM)Unclever title Wrote:  >Lucas: Stop talking like a salesman.
>Be Honest: "You said it yourself. You've been here far longer than us. It would follow that you're much wiser than us too and quite naturally far more skeptical. To be honest, we don't fully trust you either. That's why most of our group have their minds protected. But we do want to help you and we believe we can."

We... do believe we can right?

Seconded. Emily and Garreth should help with this, Garreth because of his title and Emily because she has the most experience talking to monsters. Maybe we should send one of the flimsy clones to retrieve Uilos, as he was a monster before and his experience could help set an empathetic link. Also, is there a way to bring a tinfoil safety lamp to Daydream, or maybe Bob? Letting Malice taking either of those would be a really bad idea.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:48 AM by Mousemallow.)
Yesterday 01:42 AM
TerraTorment
Genius of Gifs

>Lucas: ask Lethos if she remembers the sun, the blue skies, a world where there is light

Spoiler: signature stuff
[Image: SQuWf7W.png]
Yesterday 03:50 AM
Xoleuph

(Yesterday 01:42 AM)Mousemallow Wrote:  Also, is there a way to bring a tinfoil safety lamp to Daydream, or maybe Bob? Letting Malice taking either of those would be a really bad idea.
while I think that at least trying if tinfoil stuff helps against mal is a good idea, we still have no proof either way if it does.
also, bob is already immune to it, as daydream has told us. I dont recall the details, but I think it was something about bob being pure.
on daydream, she can make her own, the same way she made bob and just everything else in the construct. we could suggest it as soon as we get another meeting with her.
Yesterday 11:46 AM