Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
TAKE X (6-5-17: The End)
Author Message
Taylor
 RE: TAKE X (1-25-17: Choices, choices)
Post: #251
slate furry thing

Offline
Posts: 43
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: NEO ZEALAND
Okay, obviously he has an ice shield. The obvious choice would be fire, right?

... but maybe that's a trick. Maybe it would be best to just throw giant boulders. Lots of them. It would avoid any weird self-negating element stuff, and it's efficient.

01-26-2017 12:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (1-25-17: Choices, choices)
Post: #252
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
>ROCK FROM ABOVE

if 'too far' is a mechanic, then surely 'artillery bypasses shields' is valid too, and he wouldn't be able to dodge at all

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
01-26-2017 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (1-25-17: Choices, choices)
Post: #253
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
You probably don't remember this, strictly speaking, but a long time ago- roughly five of them, actually- your fire magic really didn't work out too well against an ice spell. At best, your Last Chance would cancel out. If we want to melt through that shield without having our attack cancelled, we should use...

>Water- specifically, the sub-element of steam.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017 05:23 PM by Benedict.)
01-26-2017 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (1-28-17: Getting steamy)
Post: #254
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Access the sub-element choices for WATER.

[Image: spLlxUg.gif]

You select WATER, and it fans out into several sub-element options.

> Select STEAM.

[Image: 3K06ZaA.gif]

[Image: b1gLT4Z.gif]

[Image: s9mMde0.gif]

[Image: feOviGW.gif]

[Image: UCPVJNG.gif]

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
01-28-2017 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (1-28-17: Getting steamy)
Post: #255
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
>Take the LOOT

>Take his mask out of Pure Spite

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
01-28-2017 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (1-28-17: Getting steamy)
Post: #256
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
>Poke the loot with a stick first
01-29-2017 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #257
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Poke the loot with a stick.

[Image: C4jzLpI.png]

You poke the bag with a stick.

Something aggressively fails to happen.

> Take the loot.

[Image: PNjZMTp.png]

Inside the bag is Indivar's mask. Oh... joy.

[Image: b7qbcnf.png]

You try to ignore how sweaty it is as you stash it in your inventory.

You do not succeed.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
01-31-2017 01:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #258
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
>You super duper sure that thing isn't an implement of the One Goddess?

It does have suspicious white pixel eyes, which have been her calling card... hm. Unless you need it for something, you should probably... bury it, or hide it somehow. In the interest of proper paranoia.
01-31-2017 03:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flairina
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #259
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 2016
Let's at least wrap it in the remnants of the bag, or some leaves from the bush nearby, or something.

Do we want to do anything with Blue's unconscious body? Bury him? Toss him off the island? Go into the temple, grab the whatever, then drag him in and remove the orbs keeping the door open?

Not that I'm ADVOCATING killing Blue or anything, but he's been a pretty persistent problem so far. Just saying.
01-31-2017 03:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #260
The Goddamn Pacman

Online
Posts: 7,835
Joined: Jul 2011
If we need an in-character reason not to kill him... well, it's probably going to alert the One Goddess if you do, and you're not ready for her yet.

Maybe we can get the ammons to drag him off somewhere.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change | I'm overwhelmed
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it | Cleaning up someone else's mess
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe | Beauty is a curse
01-31-2017 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #261
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
>Let the ammons guard him

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
01-31-2017 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The One Guy
 RE: TAKE X (1-30-17: Baggage)
Post: #262
 

Offline
Posts: 84
Joined: Apr 2016
Just remember that killing Blue would allow the One Goddess to pick a new hero.
01-31-2017 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17: Masking your feelings)
Post: #263
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Be suspicious of the mask.

[Image: aK0AaNQ.png]

On second thought, you pull the mask back out of your inventory. You have no guarantee that the One Goddess isn't tracking this somehow or something.

[Image: JZ7FJK1.png]

You wrap it in some leaves. Leaves are well-known for their signal-dampening effects, right?

[Image: EpvTtm6.png]

Now you stash it in your inventory. For real this time.

> Consider what to do with Blue.

[Image: bRQzi2W.png]

That just leaves Indivar. Getting rid of him would rob the One Goddess of her main conduit in 'mortal' lands, so to speak. On the other hand, without Blue, the One Goddess might just pick someone else to act on her behalf. On the other other hand, couldn't she just do that anyway? You're not 100% clear on how that works.

[Image: M1WpvKr.png]

You eventually decide to just let the ammons keep a (cold, unblinking) eye on him.

[Image: TbxFfLs.png]

With that settled, you venture back into the monument.

[Image: Qx75Rj2.png]

Once inside, you're faced with two doors.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
02-01-2017 10:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17: Masking your feelings)
Post: #264
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
If your enemy Ascended to godhood, you must

>take the descend door

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
02-01-2017 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flairina
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17: Masking your feelings)
Post: #265
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 2016
We can SEE the outside of the building. Unless there's some very weird internal geometry going on here, there is far less to check out on the upper floor than the lower one, so I say we go there first. Though these may not be doors to the stairs... still.

> Check the door(?) on the right.
02-01-2017 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17: Masking your feelings)
Post: #266
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
What Flairina said- the upper floor doesn't look too big, so we probably want to check that out first and then double back.
02-01-2017 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17 AGAIN: Doors)
Post: #267
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Check the door on the right.

[Image: zNra6oQ.png]

...Huh.

You decide to check the other door too.

[Image: Zkl200l.png]

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
02-02-2017 01:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17 AGAIN: Doors)
Post: #268
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
Hhhhhhhmmmm. Um. Do you have a light source you can use to illuminate the door on the left, see what's in there? Or are we talking just, straight-up magic inky blackness?
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 02:13 AM by Benedict.)
02-02-2017 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (2-1-17 AGAIN: Doors)
Post: #269
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
>throw a rock at both of them for science

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
02-02-2017 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (2-2-17: Staff meeting)
Post: #270
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Can you light up the door on the left?

[Image: rYUZbkm.png]

It's no good. That's some magical darkness right there. No telling what's in there from out here.

> Throw rocks into the doorways.

[Image: lfOpkBW.png]

You duck outside to pick up some rocks, then you lob them into the doorways.

[Image: Zkl200l.png]

Absolutely nothing happens.

At least not until you hear a voice from outside.

[Image: ECz4o6M.png]

[Image: Y1ypjj1.gif]
You worthless-- you lost again?! How many times is that now?! I am officially done with putting up with your uselessness!

[Image: Oy7ZRKz.gif]

[Image: Y1ypjj1.gif]
Now, where did that jumped-up little doppelganger get to?

[Image: vu4O5yG.png]

You get the feeling you may not have much more time to make a decision here. Impenetrable darkness... or blinding light?

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
02-03-2017 12:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Benedict
 RE: TAKE X (2-2-17: Staff meeting)
Post: #271
 

Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: Jun 2012
okay so suddenly going upstairs to a place that is smaller and there is less room to run around and escape from a deadly goddess who wants to kill you is, not, so much, a great idea

>DARKNESS DARKNESS EASIER TO HIDE IN DARKNESS
02-03-2017 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flairina
 RE: TAKE X (2-2-17: Staff meeting)
Post: #272
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 2016
Yep, guess we're going down then. Or at least somewhere it seems like we'll be harder to find. Into the darkness with us.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 07:06 PM by flairina.)
02-03-2017 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (2-3-17: Descend)
Post: #273
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 351
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: 19th floor
> Descend.

[Image: IexGDRX.gif]

You enter the door obscured by darkness.

[Image: TWpOUfF.gif]

It feels like you've blacked out, but only for a moment. You... do not know where you are.

You hear a voice, though. It's one that sounds faintly familiar to you, but you don't know why. "Travler," it says. "What, have you come to finish the job?"

You start to make an objection, but the voice continues. "Wait. You're... not her, though, are you? Even though you clearly are."

You feel a hand on your shoulder. "Either way, I have to begrudgingly thank you," it says. "You've opened the pathway for me. Now to see what she does next..."

> Chapter complete!

[Image: A39LvTm.png]

[Image: NRQxVqh.png]

Your character select screen currently shows the following--

Wait, hold on a moment.

[Image: mQqDSuV.gif]

[Image: 3wBbXMw.png]

That's better.

Your character select screen currently shows the following:

Duximas Peteia, master of the seas;
Palmer Deadman, demonslayer;
Celeste Aracely, expert crowd control;
Justice Steele, miracle woman;
Giovanni Abategiovanni, wall buster;
Makram Amjad, best defense in Vezretti;
Shadan Hamidi, navigator of the forgotten;
and
Sienna Travler, mage of mystery.


Select THREE CHARACTERS for the FINAL CHAPTER.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
02-03-2017 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (2-3-17: Descend)
Post: #274
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 694
Joined: Jul 2011
>Duximas, Palmer, Justice

Time for a divine revenge, a true hero, and some miracles

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
02-03-2017 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flairina
 RE: TAKE X (2-3-17: Descend)
Post: #275
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 2016
Duximas, Palmer, Sienna.

Really only seems fitting. If this is in fact the "final chapter", we probably want the two void characters. And how on earth could we consider leaving Duximas out?
02-03-2017 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply