Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

TAKE X (6-5-17: The End)
Author Message
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-7-16: Chrome dome)
#76
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Check out the scrap of paper.

[Image: 4IrnawS.png]

You pick up the paper. It's another page of the journal.

P.5
Easily the most dangerous of all of the beings the Crystal created, they didn't look it - in fact, they seemed the most unassuming.

You sort it into the collection.

> Knock on the door.

[Image: LRemuUr.png]

You knock on the door, then get to a safe distance and watch.

[Image: EPCZ5EN.gif]

[Image: iCe31gF.png]

[Image: rFg6RH2.gif]

[Image: TXsL8Hj.png]

Whoever that was disappears back inside the dome.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: TAKE X (6-7-16: Chrome dome)
#77
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,654
Joined: Jul 2011
Nippon
Do it again with a disguise on, pretending to sell something
06-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-7-16: Chrome dome)
#78
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>Go to Primus

Maybe this guy lost these pages. Better get as many as you can, before you deliver them for a Grand Reward!
06-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: TAKE X (6-7-16: Chrome dome)
#79
 

Offline
Posts: 357
Joined: Nov 2015
>Knock again

[Image: egg003.png?raw=1][Image: egg001.png?raw=1][Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1]
06-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-9-16: Prime directive)
#80
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Knock on the door again.

[Image: oj6xuwm.png]

You go to knock on the door again, but that turns out to be difficult - seems like the guy left the door open.

> Go to Primus.

[Image: DOgEE7V.png]

Working under the logic that you probably ought to scope out the optics of all of the islands before anything else, you leave Secundus be for now and row over to Primus.

The building on this island is, oddly, lower than ground level. It looks like part of the building may be underground. That seems to you like a dangerous way to build something on a tiny island, but you're not an architect, so what do you know? There's a thick door on the front of the building that looks like it's made of obsidian, as well as a few barred-up windows.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-9-16: Prime directive)
#81
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>finish gathering The Notes, compile research
06-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: TAKE X (6-9-16: Prime directive)
#82
 

Offline
Posts: 357
Joined: Nov 2015
>row the boat to the other side of the island so that you won't have to cross the doorway twice
>Additionall consider that the buildings could be connected.
>It's illogical that such a large office building be built on such a small island. The weight could sink the building in especially concerning the age of the building.

[Image: egg003.png?raw=1][Image: egg001.png?raw=1][Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1]
06-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-12-16: Re-search)
#83
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Consider the logistics of the islands.

[Image: EPJ6Chx.png]

You get to thinking about how the islands are laid out. These buildings, all of them, look way too big to be supported on these tiny islands - surely they'd collapse in no time.

[Image: V0d7gDV.png]

Maybe the buildings are connected - maybe they link to each other underwater. If the foundations of the building were on something sturdier, that would explain a lot. You dutifully make a note of this possibility in "Notes on the Emek Archipelago."

> Gather these notes too.

[Image: GDdStQa.png]

You gather the pages that are on the ground while idly wondering how this journal got spread over three different islands.

P.9
One day, though, much later, one of the others - an olitha, a child of one of the original ones - found them. The olitha asked them why they stayed all alone in the dark like that. Who knows now if the olitha was genuine or if it was merely taunting them? It doesn't really matter at this point.

P.2
Cast your memory back ages and ages, to when the Crystal first appeared. You may or not be aware that the Crystal is the source of magic in Ennen - from it, magical energy flows through the entire world. When the Crystal first appeared, those that were exposed directly to it gained the ability to wield magic themselves.

> Compile your research.

[Image: fhfaxNw.png]

You flip through the pages you've collected so far to see what you can make of it. It looks like the notation at the top of each page indicates a page number, giving you a rough idea of how many you're missing.

P.1
Let these pages be a record of the hitherto-unknown missing chapter of Ennen's history. Even some of my colleagues would not believe you if you showed this to them; however, know that what follows is the absolute truth.

P.2
Cast your memory back ages and ages, to when the Crystal first appeared. You may or not be aware that the Crystal is the source of magic in Ennen - from it, magical energy flows through the entire world. When the Crystal first appeared, those that were exposed directly to it gained the ability to wield magic themselves.

P.3
---

P.4
---

P.5
Easily the most dangerous of all of the beings the Crystal created, they didn't look it - in fact, they seemed the most unassuming.

P.6
---

P.7
---

P.8
It didn't seem like they were, at first. They kept to themselves. They stayed in dark places - perhaps the light was uncomfortable for them. Who knows? In fact, it looked for all the world like they just wanted to be left alone. A lot of time passed like this.

P.9
One day, though, much later, one of the others - an olitha, a child of one of the original ones - found them. The olitha asked them why they stayed all alone in the dark like that. Who knows now if the olitha was genuine or if it was merely taunting them? It doesn't really matter at this point.

P.10
---

P.11
---

P.12
---

P.13
---

P.14
---

P.15
It wasn't an ideal solution, to be sure, but at the time, it's the best we could come up with.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-12-16: Re-search)
#84
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>go to the Secundus, and knock on the (open) door again
06-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-14-16: Second to none)
#85
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Return to Secundus.

[Image: NvBv0tr.png]

Having done a superficial search for journal pages on each of the three islands, you return to Secundus.

> Knock on the door again.

[Image: wqRYYuy.png]

The door is still open. You wonder if the guy you saw earlier realizes he never closed it. Regardless, knocking on the door at this point would probably just accomplish a quiet "whiff" noise and not much else.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: TAKE X (6-14-16: Second to none)
#86
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 7,939
Joined: Jul 2011
Well, head inside then.
06-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Xindaris
 RE: TAKE X (6-14-16: Second to none)
#87
Knight of Wolves

Offline
Posts: 294
Joined: Apr 2016
Above the stars; beneath the moon
>Try to get the attention of the person inside and ask permission to come in. By yelling if necessary. It doesn't hurt to be polite, after all.
06-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: TAKE X (6-14-16: Second to none)
#88
 

Offline
Posts: 357
Joined: Nov 2015
>Knock on the side of the building.
>Excuse me, but I found this litter lying about on the islands.
>Are you familiar with what an Olitha is?

[Image: egg003.png?raw=1][Image: egg001.png?raw=1][Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1]
06-16-2016, 03:01 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-14-16: Second to none)
#89
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>Be polite! Apologize for the doorbell prank
06-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-18-16: Jar upon jar)
#90
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Ask permission to enter.

[Image: ZZzCujW.png]

You knock on the side of the building - it feels like very thick metal, and your knock echoes in a vaguely unsettling way. "Hello? Anyone home?" you call. "Mind if I come in?" After a moment, you add, "I'm sorry about knocking earlier and hiding."

There's no response. That's weird, you think, especially since the guy heard you knocking the last time. You suppose there's nothing for it.

> Go inside.

[Image: 4aR9r3A.png]

You enter the dome. You are now in a dimly-lit hallway. Aside from the way you came in, you can see a closed door at the other end of the hall. Shelves topped with several jars line the walls.

That guy is nowhere to be seen.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: TAKE X (6-18-16: Jar upon jar)
#91
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 7,939
Joined: Jul 2011
Get that scrap of paper, then look at the... puddle? beside the door.
06-18-2016, 05:31 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-18-16: Jar upon jar)
#92
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>Knock on a jar

((to see if they are full of a translucent fluid or empty))
06-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-22-16: Toil and trouble)
#93
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Get the scrap.

[Image: RVdBGlE.png]

You add the scrap of paper to your collection.

P.7
On top of that, they changed elements upon being exposed to the artifact. They became the 'void' element - the element of stealth and invisibility. That, combined with their magical talent, meant that they would be able to pass unnoticed in any situation. A very deadly combination, were they inclined to use it maliciously.

> Examine the jars.

[Image: AQn3rNT.png]

You walk along the shelves and examine the jars. Some of them are roughly half-full with an unidentifiable fluid, while some of them have... silhouettes inside. You can't make out exactly what they are, though; the glass is distorting the image too much.

One of the jars is completely empty.

> Examine the puddle.

[Image: kpZr5bp.gif]

It's started bubbling. That's a little concerning.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-22-16: Toil and trouble)
#94
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>Try the levers

They seem to be the "pull both sides at once" types
06-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (6-24-16: Applying leverage)
#95
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
Spoiler :
Hey, just as a heads up, fixing to do some housesitting, so I'm not going to be able to update for the next week and a half or so. Cheers!

> Try the levers.

[Image: jCg199W.png]

You pull the lever on the right and nothing happens.

[Image: 9pva8o0.png]

But when you then pull the lever on the left, the door slides open.

[Image: xF0d59x.png]

Weird. You thought you'd have to pull them simultaneously or something for that to work.

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (6-24-16: Applying leverage)
#96
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
>Logical explanation: someone pulled the other one when you had your back turned!
06-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (7-3-16: Welp)
#97
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
Spoiler :
And we're back!

> Consider the door.

[Image: ih2IjhY.png]

You were absolutely certain this was going to be some kind of puzzle or trap, wherein you had to pull both levers at once, perhaps by throwing a jar at one while pulling the other one? You don't know. Either way, though, the door's open. Maybe someone pulled the other lever while your back... was... turned...

[Image: qLxbiCA.png]

You begin to realize that this may not have been the best use of your time.

[Image: IfIQPI7.gif]

[Image: YYMePdJ.gif]

[Image: H2Z5afp.png]

[Image: eRGvfV4.png]

Shadan Hamidi, master shadow thief, has been unlocked!

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 05:11 PM by NonAnalogue.)
07-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: TAKE X (7-3-16: Welp)
#98
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 7,939
Joined: Jul 2011
Well. That was... unexpected, to say the least.

Looks like there's not much to do except pick Shadan.
07-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ProfessorLizzard
 RE: TAKE X (7-3-16: Welp)
#99
Doctor Wallrus

Offline
Posts: 696
Joined: Jul 2011
Oh noooo Justice ;-;

>Lets be Shadan
07-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NonAnalogue
 RE: TAKE X (7-8-16: Writ large)
Stay fresh!

Offline
Posts: 353
Joined: Apr 2016
19th floor
> Select Shadan Hamidi.

[Image: hol67pZ.gif]

[Image: 1aprjWC.png]

Your name is Shadan Hamidi, and today's going pretty well, all things considered. People who move in certain circles know that you're the go-to person when it comes to extricating certain items from certain places, or liberating certain economic-related goods from their trappings.

That's how they put it, anyway. You always put it much more simply: you're a thief. People can hire you to steal things. It's not what you'd call glamorous, but it brings in the money.

[Image: W4qQPrR.png]

You have on you your normal tools - a dagger, some rope, a map, a crowbar, and a lockpick. You also have the letter sent to you by your client for this heist.

[Image: 5keBVqY.png]

It has pictures of the two things you're supposed to steal, as well as instructions on where to find them. One of them is with this guy in Vezretti - where you are now - and the other is supposed to be in the Emek Archipelago. The Emek Archipelago gives you the screaming heebies, so you've started here, in Vezretti.

Where do you start?

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
07-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply