REM: Into New Darkness

REM: Into New Darkness
#1
Continuation of adventure from MSPA Forums.

[Image: sig_WarpWindow.gif]

MIRROR


> A Legend from Another World

------- THE MAP -------

[Image: REM_0000136_map.gif]

------- THE LEGEND -------

[Image: REM_0000136_uncave.gif]

The Uncave
square - flat - leveled - stronghold - beacon
(((SECRETS))) (BACKDOOR) ((SHORTCUT))
The Source And The Destination

[Image: REM_0000136_man.gif]

The Seeker
individual - creature - different - tall
(((((NEW))))) (((INTERESTING))) (DANGEROUS)
He Means No Harm

[Image: REM_0000136_crystal.gif]

The Crystal
sacred - resilient - luminary - mnemonic
(((((AWE))))) (((((HONOR))))) ((PURE SIGHT)) (NEW DISTANCES)
Conductor

[Image: REM_0000136_hunter.gif]

The Hunter
tall - dangerous - isolated - shunned - thief
(((((BEWARE))))) ((REMOVE)) (FORGET) ((((REMEMBER))))
She Comes To Destroy

[Image: REM_0000136_what.gif]

?????
unknown - bright - dry - green - open?
(((((UNKNOWN))))) (((INTRIGUING))) ((((FEARFUL))))
The Bright Circle Rises

>....character chosen: BLUE.

[Image: REM_0000135.gif]

CONFIRM?
Quote
#2
Blue.
~◕ w◕~
Quote
#3
Green?
Quote
#4
Orange.
Quote
#5
I'ma stick with blue.
Quote
#6
Blue!
Quote
#7
> Blue

[Image: REM_0000137_init.gif]

> Chapter 2: Begin


[Image: REM_0000137.gif]

You feel like you have been wandering for hours through this elaborate underground cavern. It's easy to get distracted, but you're here on a mission.

==>


[Image: REM_0000138.gif]

You have to find the source of that signal.
Quote
#8
How are you doing for supplies? Enough to get back safely?
Quote
#9
How many bars've you got?
~◕ w◕~
Quote
#10
Do you ever get that weird feeling that you're being watched?

SpoilerShow
Quote
#11
SpoilerShow

What are you gonna do about the signal once you've found it?
Quote
#12
(04-26-2016, 04:39 AM)Nitro Glyde Wrote: »Do you ever get that weird feeling that you're being watched?

[Image: REM_0000139.gif]

Yes, all the time.

Tiny eyes stare back at you whenever you look down a corridor. They're curious. They don't run.

(04-27-2016, 03:48 AM)AScWCC Wrote: »What are you gonna do about the signal once you've found it?

(04-26-2016, 02:00 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »How many bars've you got?

[Image: REM_0000140.gif]

Oh you've got bars. So many bars. This thing has bars coming off of bars it's got so many bars.

But what are you going to do when you find the signal? Hmm.... you guess you haven't thought that far ahead. You think you're just supposed to find it... and then... radio back to base that you've found it? You guess?

(04-26-2016, 01:57 AM)Schazer Wrote: »How are you doing for supplies? Enough to get back safely?

[Image: REM_0000141.gif]

OH CRAP. YOUR SUPPLIES. YOU FORGOT ALL THE SUPPLIES. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? YOU HAVE TO GET BACK BEFORE...BE...BEFORE...
BARNACLES.
BARNACLES.
BARNACLES.
BARNACLES.
Golly. What were you doing again? Oh right, signal.
Quote
#13
>Tell us about yourself. Why you've been chosen to track the signal?
Quote
#14
See if there's any mushrooms you can forage. Do you at least have a field guide so you can tell what's poisonous?
Quote
#15
>Do you have something against barnacles?

>Barnacles
Quote
#16
(05-11-2016, 03:50 AM)Nitro Glyde Wrote: »>Do you have something against barnacles?

>Barnacles
Quote
#17
(05-10-2016, 08:56 AM)tronn Wrote: »>Tell us about yourself. Why you've been chosen to track the signal?

[Image: REM_0000142.gif]

You sigh heavily. It's been days. They sent you off alone into this untracked wilderness... what did they even want you to find? They... you dredge your memory... you think you were sent to respond to a distress call. Yeah, that seems right. You were sent here by the Emergency Rescue Alliance.

But come to think of it, why was it you? Could nobody else do this? You remember them saying you seemed like the best one for the job. You had all the required qualifications. The ability to read a neural net and set up a transponder node so that help could be relayed from afar. But why was nobody else sent with you? You're just a researcher, used to sitting in a lab. You're not well-suited for field work.

But perhaps you are not alone. You feel a comforting presence in your mind. The ones who sent you must be watching you. Tracking you. They must be, or how could they locate the emergency signal with such pinpoint accuracy in order to send supplies or evacuate people... or provide whatever help the people who sent out the beacon would need? This thought is reassuring. You're doing something important. You gotta keep going.

birdcat420 Wrote:> Just keep putting one foot in front of the next, following that signal

What is the color coding about? Are the blue and green dots corresponding to those small creatures? And the red dots?

You look at your device again. The color coding seems to correspond to the emotions of creatures around you. This was never actually explained to you, but your intuition tells you that this is the case. Red must be angry, green is for happy, blue is for sad, yellow is for distressed? There sure are a lot of indicators of distress coming from directly in front of you. You must be headed in the right direction.

(05-10-2016, 04:31 PM)AScWCC Wrote: »See if there's any mushrooms you can forage. Do you at least have a field guide so you can tell what's poisonous?

[Image: REM_0000143.gif]

This is an alien planet as far as you know. If you want a field guide, you'd have to make one. However, the scanner also has a mode that can tell the chemical components of anything. This could be very handy if you ever get hungry.

(05-11-2016, 03:50 AM)Nitro Glyde Wrote: »>Do you have something against barnacles?

>Barnacles

[Image: REM_0000144.gif]

"B...b...ba...barnacles. Barnacles. B....
Barnacles are the f....f-F-FIRST food in the food chain that contains nNN - N - N - NO synthetically produced COMPounds! Bbb...BUYYYY some at your nearest grocery store today!"


Wasn't this supposed to be a dream? Why are you having Tourettes symptoms in dreams?

arashi500 Wrote:>Beckon to the watchers that you mean them no harm.

[Image: REM_0000145.gif]

Anyway. You notice a little blue guy off behind some rocks. Maybe he's one of the people who sent out the distress signal?

"Hey there little guy. It's ok. I'm here to help."

You kneel down to appear less threatening. Seeing your outstretched hand, the little blue creature hesitantly approaches. He seems curious, but cautious.
Quote
#18
>Can the blue person speak in a language you understand? Does your doohickey have a translator?
Quote