Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
letter to dad thread (now defunct)
KittenEater
 RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct)
big dumb whatever

cool planet
ALSO THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! i appreciate the good vibes!
earlier in this thread I said I'd share how I got out of that bad house situation, so, here it is:

important prerequisite: my dad didn't make me pay rent while i was living with him, so, it was possible for me to save up money for the trip. I realize if your family takes your money to justify letting you stay with them, this might be tougher to do.

Spoiler :
1. Have a plan of where to move to, preferably with a friend or partner you trust.
2. Try to get a job, any job, as long as it pays half-decently. I made this on a wage of 10-10.50 an hour.
3. As soon as you land the job, set a vague date for your flight/trip 6 months out. You can solidify the date later.
4. Work for at least a few months. Aim for 6 months, end up working 4 months because you're at a terribly-managed fast food job and it got unbearable after the third month. If you got a lot of hours because it's a fast food place that's trying to run on as few employees at a time as possible, you'll rack up 400-600 bucks per paycheck.
5. Now that you quit that garbage job and you have $fat stacks of cash$ on hand, uh... buy that dang ticket ASAP before it raises in price. Make sure you set the trip for a date that works for whoever you're moving in with, if applicable.
6. You bought the ticket, you should still have a lot of money on hand for shipping stuff ahead of time that you can't fit in your luggage. Make sure to pack nonessentials first, like, don't ship all your clothing and end up with no clothing for the next two months.
7. Keep shipping stuff until the date gets closer and you have to pack your essentials into your luggage and then realize you have to leave some stuff behind bc there's no space but whatever!!!!
8. Go on the trip! If it goes smoothly, then Mission Accomplished!

I hope this helps, I realize it's all obvious stuff though. :y
10-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

Washington State
Congrats on ditching your bad dad!!

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
10-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Myeth
waldo no more

The sand pits
Gratz Kitet!! im so glad yer out!

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
10-04-2017, 01:43 PM
wiltingMyosotis
Too Busy Reading

Congratulations on getting out!!!
10-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Reyweld
zip

Canadon't know please send help
I'm glad this thread had a happy ending. Good luck, Kitet!

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
10-06-2017, 12:46 PM