Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Poll: Reyweld...
This poll is closed.
Stop making so many things!
8.00%
2 8.00%
Button.
40.00%
10 40.00%
I love it!
32.00%
8 32.00%
Why...???
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Retcon
Author Message
Farewell
 RE: Retcon
#26

Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: Apr 2016
> Take their book.

did you know that i'm really just an excuse to make the adventure look amateur and bad??? because that's not true it's just that i forgot the whole point of doing this. - orangeaipom
05-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#27
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>"No big deal - wears off by itself. Are you here for the treasures below?"

They don't speak for a few more moments, before swallowing.

"Wow...

Oh, the treasures? No, I'm more interested in The Treasure. I had heard rumors about it in my university, so I decided to take a break from my book learning and explore the world!

I traveled here, following the rumors, until I heard from the locals about all the strange happenings. Townsfolk would drop their whole life and enter the dungeon, most never to be seen again. This one guy, he stopped mid sentence and ran in, grabbing his pitchfork. They say he came out bruised, wet, and burnt- but stronger. That's when I knew it: this was the place. I couldn't NOT go in, if you know what I mean. I had to figure out what kind of item could do something so..."

They pause, gesturing, wringing their hands slowly.

"Y'Know? Powerful."

They gaze towards the door in anticipation, as if they expected something wondrous to burst out.

---

Kilian (the 2nd), the Novice Kobold

Spoiler :
Health: 4/4 | Magical Energies: 9/10
Level: 1; 2/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Robe (worn), Spellbook of Spark (read, 1 ME cost), Potion of Rejuvenation, 3 darts, Wooden Trinket

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
05-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Retcon
#28
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Nov 2011
"Oh, haha, wow! You know, that's a bit of a coincidence, since it's the same for me."

You give the other Kilian a suspicious glance, as you walk down the stairs.

"Have you heard of doppelgangers?"
05-12-2016, 02:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Xindaris
 RE: Retcon
#29
Knight of Wolves

Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: Apr 2016
Above the stars; beneath the moon
>Invite them downstairs for tea. Even though you have no idea whether or not there's tea downstairs.
05-12-2016, 03:43 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ICan'tGiveCredit
 RE: Retcon
#30
Demonic Kitchen Appliance

Offline
Posts: 3,966
Joined: Mar 2013
The deepest, most petrifying depths of your local Wal-Mart
(05-12-2016, 02:26 AM)Kaynato Wrote: "Oh, haha, wow! You know, that's a bit of a coincidence, since it's the same for me."

You give the other Kilian a suspicious glance, as you walk down the stairs.

"Have you heard of doppelgangers?"

"Yes"

> Aim Spellbook of firefinger at Kilian numbah 2

[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
05-13-2016, 02:41 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#31
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>"Oh, haha, wow! You know, that's a bit of a coincidence, since it's the same for me."

You give the other Kilian a suspicious glance.

"Have you heard of doppelgangers?"


Kilian looks at you, as if thinking of his options.

"Ugh, are you a doppelganger? Seriously? I can't believe you stole my form without asking. How rude!"

Kilian the first huffs, and moves towards the door, weaving around the wooden spikes. You notice they wields their spellbook.

A strange desire to nurse a hot earl grey fills you, but then it subsides.

---

Kilian (the 2nd), the Novice Kobold

Spoiler :
Health: 4/4 | Magical Energies: 9/10
Level: 1; 2/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Robe (worn), Spellbook of Spark (read, 1 ME cost), Potion of Rejuvenation, 3 darts, Wooden Trinket

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
05-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Retcon
#32
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Nov 2011
As you follow in tow, you return the other Kiloan's accusation. "I should be asking you - I was born like this. You're saying exactly what a doppelganger would say!"
05-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#33
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
As you follow in tow, you return the other Kilian's accusation. "I should be asking you - I was born like this. You're saying exactly what a doppelganger would say!"

Kilian stops, gripping their tome.

"Stop trying to feign being me! There's no one else to fool!
You know what, I'll prove I am who I say I am!"

Kilian shoots you with Firefinger! It hits you in the foot, dealing 1 damage (ad making a small hole). A small fire starts, but flickers and dies immediately. The wound is cauterized.

---

Kilian (the 2nd), the Novice Kobold

Spoiler :
Health: 3/4 | Magical Energies: 9/10
Level: 1; 4/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Robe (worn), Spellbook of Spark (read, 1 ME cost), Potion of Rejuvenation, 3 darts, Wooden Trinket

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
05-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Retcon
#34
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Nov 2011
You raise an eyebrow, assuaging the wound.

"Alright, al - gah - right, I'll believe you for now. Let's just get down there as quickly as we can."
05-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Retcon
#35
Friend from the Cosmos

Offline
Posts: 1,579
Joined: Oct 2014
A City on the Moon
Dang! We gotta fight this this doppelganger back!

Shock 'em again, and put your back in it this time!

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
05-14-2016, 01:52 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: Retcon
#36
Gay Owl

Offline
Posts: 823
Joined: Nov 2015
>Use tome on Killian the 1st
>Get behind Killian the 1st
>Use Tome again
>Then Tackle them downwards onto the spikes
05-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#37
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>
Spoiler :
(05-14-2016, 01:52 AM)earthexe Wrote: Dang! We gotta fight this this doppelganger back!

Shock 'em again, and put your back in it this time!

(05-14-2016, 11:08 AM)LoverIan Wrote: >Use tome on Killian the 1st
>Get behind Killian the 1st
>Use Tome again
>Then Tackle them downwards onto the spikes

You cast Spark on Kilian for 1 ME, who is stunned. You then move behind them, and cast it again (-1 ME), making sure they stay stunned.

They quiver as you shove them onto the wooden spikes. Kilian the 1st is stabbed through by two different spikes, and dies.

You gain 50 experience! You feel your sin building up like plaque.

---

Kilian (the only), the Novice Kobold

Spoiler :
Health: 3/4 | Magical Energies: 7/10
Level: 1; 54/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Blood-Speckled Robe (worn), Spellbook of Spark (read, 1 ME cost), Potion of Rejuvenation, 3 darts, Wooden Trinket

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
05-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ICan'tGiveCredit
 RE: Retcon
#38
Demonic Kitchen Appliance

Offline
Posts: 3,966
Joined: Mar 2013
The deepest, most petrifying depths of your local Wal-Mart
> I don't suppose you can fish your doppleganger out so you can rob his dead body?

[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
05-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Retcon
#39
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Nov 2011
Obtain firefinger tome.

Continue.
05-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#40
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>
Spoiler :
(05-14-2016, 02:49 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: > I don't suppose you can fish your doppleganger out so you can rob his dead body?

(05-14-2016, 03:16 PM)Kaynato Wrote: Obtain firefinger tome.

Continue.

You loot their corpse, taking their Tome of Firefinger as well as a potion of Rejuvenation and 7 darts.

You walk to the door, heave it open, and enter the next room.

A large pond takes up most of the room. Several giant lillypads rest on the water's surface, with equally large frogs sitting on top of them. Each frog is almost double your height, with three visible in total.

The walls are still dirt, and there is no notable greenery attached to them. A door sits on the opposite side of the pond. Something catches your eye on one of the side walls, but when you look to it, you see nothing of interest.

1 of the 3 giant frogs turns towards you and blinks. You feel a rush of adrenaline.

---

Kilian (the only), the Novice Kobold

Spoiler :
Health: 3/4 | Magical Energies: 7/10
Level: 1; 54/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Blood-Speckled Robe (worn), Spellbook of Spark (read, 1 ME cost), Spellbook of Firefinger (unread, 2 ME cost), 2 Potions of Rejuvenation, 10 darts, Wooden Trinket

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
05-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Retcon
#41
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Nov 2011
Stun, dart, fire.
05-14-2016, 05:43 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Retcon
#42
Friend from the Cosmos

Offline
Posts: 1,579
Joined: Oct 2014
A City on the Moon
Neat, we killed the doppelganger.

Yeah, spark at the frog, but hopefully don't catch the attention of the other two. See if you can use this stunned time to read that other tome and reduce its ME cost.

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
05-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ICan'tGiveCredit
 RE: Retcon
#43
Demonic Kitchen Appliance

Offline
Posts: 3,966
Joined: Mar 2013
The deepest, most petrifying depths of your local Wal-Mart
> Converse with them. If they resort to violence, do the same.

[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
05-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kíeros
 RE: Retcon
#44
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

Offline
Posts: 3,155
Joined: Mar 2013
ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
> Hide under a lillypad.
05-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#45
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>
Spoiler :
(05-15-2016, 12:36 PM)ICan'tGiveCredit Wrote: > Converse with them. If they resort to violence, do the same.
(05-14-2016, 05:43 PM)Kaynato Wrote: Stun, dart, fire.

"Uh, hey there, frog. Can I get by you and your friends to that door over there?"

The frog opens its mouth, and a massive tongue shoots out. You jump to the side, narrowly avoiding certain death.

You cast your Spell of Sparks (-1 ME), but they dazzling lights are unable to reach it. You curse and cast Firefinger (-2 ME), hitting the frog's belly. It croaks loudly, alerting the other two frogs.

Their tongues whip at you, one catching you and pulling you back into a giant frogs gaping mouth. You are crunched like a bug.

-----

Create a new character:

NAME: ______

CLASS (pick 1):
Novice (Spellcaster, very weak)
Footpad (Sneaker, very weak)
Bard (Spellcaster, Musician, weak)
Farmer (weak)
Savage (Brawler, weak) {NEW: UNLOCKED FROM KILLING KILLIAN THE FIRST}
Apprentice (Spellcaster, weak) {NEW: UNLOCKED FROM OWNING TWO SPELLBOOKS}

RACE (pick 1):
Goblin (weak, cautious)
Human (weak, ambitious)
Halfling (very weak, brave)
Kobold (very weak, curious)
Homunculus (very weak, mindless) {NEW: UNLOCKED FROM DYING}
Ghoul (average, undead, aggressive) {NEW: UNLOCKED FROM KILLING KILLIAN THE FIRST}

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
06-29-2018, 08:46 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Retcon
#46
An Eggshell Painted Black

Offline
Posts: 966
Joined: Dec 2016
Killian the Second, Savage Ghoul.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
06-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LammarWesley
 RE: Retcon
#47

Offline
Posts: 305
Joined: Nov 2016
Brazil, Somewere
>Bard Ghoul
>Agressive hard metal.
>"Stonecold"

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
06-29-2018, 08:55 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
smuchmuch
 RE: Retcon
#48

Offline
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 2016
Kill-ian, the ghoul savage
06-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Xindaris
 RE: Retcon
#49
Knight of Wolves

Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: Apr 2016
Above the stars; beneath the moon
>Second LammarWesley's suggestions.
06-29-2018, 10:07 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Retcon
#50
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>Stonecold, the Bard Ghoul

You, a savage Bard Ghoul, enter into the depths.

In front of you are two Novice Kobolds. Neither notice you. The three of you enter into the first room.

Previous Description Wrote:At the end of the staircase, a damp dirt room waits for you. Moss carpets the ground and purple mushrooms cluster at the darkest recesses. The room is lit by the opening to the outside, as well as a crude lantern hanging from the wall. Many sharpened wooden poles protrude from the ground in front of a wooden door, dissuading the weak of heart.

The two kobolds begin talking to each other. They are both named Kilian.

Stonecold, the Bard Ghoul
Spoiler :
Health: 20/20 | Magical Energies: 8/8
Level: 1; 0/100 progress to next level

Inventory:
Plain Clothes, Spellbook of Dancing Thorns (read, 1 ME Cost), Guitar

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
06-29-2018, 11:42 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply