Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

[Cosmosdex] : 7/26 Species Apps Opened
Gimeurcookie
 [Cosmosdex] : 7/26 Species Apps Opened
One Punch Kill

Big Apple or Bright Orange
[Cosmosdex Site Topic]

I decided to just change this topic in to a changelog topic for the site, mainly for my own sake of keeping track of what I'm working on. If you by any chance see any bugs or whatever on the site feel free to tell me about it on this topic. Also feel free to suggest improvements or give me suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site.

Currently working on: The Redux
Species apps are open click here before submitting.

To Do List
Spoiler :
- Cosmosdex section -

- Create a nominate entry fill out section.
- Add submit section for Other Gen AIs.

- Make art for all the place holders in the maindex area.
- Get rid of placeholder art for the header section of every main page. (Currently a weird blue thing)

- Create Layout for God and Item section.
- Create an application section for the [Items and Upgrades], and [Achievements] sections.

- General Site Section -

FINISHED

- Redux / Fortuna Section -

- Just trucking it to finish Fortuna now. Basically all bases and menus are finished.

Known issues / Bugs
Spoiler :
- If you click a trait on a dex page (Such as Hermes) sometimes depending on what trait it is and where it is located (as well as what device your using) it will fly off and becomes mostly unviewable or hover over the wrong trait. This only happens on phones. Will likely be disabling trait tooltips for phones until I can repair that or figure out a better way to make tooltips.
05-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] The great species migration
One Punch Kill

Change Logs

10-27-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates

- Species applications are now a thing (not currently open at the time of this posting, if you post anything it will be deleted.)
- The application page is now completed, it gives disclaimers, rules, and also tells you how to fill out applications correctly.
- The contact us page is now completed.

- New fauna preltyas added.
- New fauna Kirkland's (water) owl added.

Minor updates

- Footer now only has one dummy link in it (The last one) the other two have been replaced with a link to patreon and the mediawarks. (technically both link are useless because the donate and forum links are right above them but better than what was there before)
- Fixed it so that fauna can now have spaces in their name in the navigation.

10-19-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates

- Every part of the Cosmosdex should now be mobile, tablet, and other device friendly! There's only a few sections that mess up and they're under the known issue section.

Minor updates

- Corrected an error in which AI pictures weren't clickable.
- Depending on the size of your screen extra info on the dex nav pages will disappear, this is intended.

10-16-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates

- Sweats, I didn't do anything for a month other then minor updates.

- The Homepage of the site is now both mobile and tablet friendly! I will be likely working my way to doing the same with the cosmosdex section soon!

- Almost all of the cosmosdex main sections (As in the overviews not the entries) are now responsive (mobile friendly) other then the very top section, which I will be fixing soon.

Minor updates

- Helios's Patron Powers has been corrected.
- FlamingXsexual has been fixed. (Before it was "This isn't your name Xsexual." instead of "This isn't your normal Xsexual."

9-17-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates

- I just went ahead and finished the whole Art submission section, not counting any areas that aren't finished on the Cosmosdex. You can now submit art for Fauna, AIs, Species, Planets, and Galleries as long as the rules posted are followed. I do need to place art examples, which I will do later.

Minor updates

- I accidentally deleted a list of what I did but it basically boils down to a few minor updates, mostly tiny grammar errors.
- Mormites' dislike of hauling stuff has been moved to their likes.
- Placed create a contact us page on the todo list.

9-9-2016
Spoiler :
All Minor updates (Was busy today)
- Fauna has clickable art
- Planets and homeplanets have clickable art

- Fixed an error where clicking a planet in the sidebar wouldn't actually take you to a planet but to an error page.
- Made it so you're way more likely to get species or AIs in the maindex page.
- Corrected the main page featured section. Turns out I over wrote part of it with the old main page, woops.

9-8-2016
Spoiler :
Major updates

- A - M section in the AIdex has been changed to 1st Gens. N-Z has been changed to Other but has no info on it.
- There is now actual text in the species and AI section rather then filler.

- The Items, Gods, History, and Achievements sections have now been blocked off / have a mind our mess text.
- Updated the main dex page to have non Artemis art. Most of the art are currently placeholders, abit better ones then the ones before.
- Species, and main section have clickable images on their selection pages.

Minor updates

- Kounini, Oomn, and Oquintas now have art credits.
- tangledAlmond has been changed to TangledAlmond

- Magneto-Horzz had a few minor issues corrected. (Issues were mainly things like putting Horse instead of horse, and Magneto-Horzz instead of magneto-horzz.)

- Fixed a few tonal issues and other issues in the mormite entry. (Same with the Horzzs, species names are lower cased, ex: We say humans, instead of Humans. | Also edited the one section that had a You statement in it or spoke directly to the reader. Rule of thumb is to not speak to the reader. Ex: It shouldn't be "You should not eat a Mite", but instead "Eating mites is ill advised."

- The :) in the shambling messes entry was removed. :(

- Space bears had the requested edits made. (Also lower cased the species names where it was upper cased)
- Space Tuna have been edited. Same as the above.

9-7-2016
Spoiler :
- The Random Entries section in every dex entry now actually works and will show you random entries every time you reload the page or go to a new one.
- The random section in the main page, species page, fauna page, and AI section work, with the main random page drawing from all entries and the other ones drawing from only their respective pages.
- Only planets with actual info show up in the random section to prevent people from being taken to a blank page. As such there's only a pool of 3 planets currently.

- The navigation no longer shoves itself fist first in to the middle of dex pages if there's not enough info. (This was common in the homeworld sections.)

- Oomn have artwork.
- Kounini have artwork.
- Drakons have new artwork in the gallery.

- The trait submission section has been cleared with most being added. (Did not keep track of which traits were added, woops.)

- New fauna Magneto-Horzz added.
- New fauna Mormite added.
- New fauna Shambling Messes added.
- New fauna Space Bear added.
- New fauna Space Tuna added.

- New planet Moiresme added.
- Pacoficus now has a full entry unlike most homeworlds.
05-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Apo11o

I'll take my own species - the Mialcsem!
05-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

I suppose I'll be taking the Kouninis, seeing as I made them.
05-29-2016, 10:58 AM
TangledAlmond

I will take my own species, the Scretsens, as well as Tockhaus and The Fog.
05-29-2016, 12:08 PM
SirBlizz98
S. L. GG Esq.

I'll take my two species, the Oomn and the Vaeri.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
05-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Kíeros
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
I know the list says you're doing it, but if you need help with the Bobs, I'd happily do that. Other than that, I'll at least wait some time so species creators can grab theirs first.
05-29-2016, 01:19 PM
nonexistentPumpkin

I suppose I'll take my precious babies the Delphiks, and my other precious babies the Kuppas.
05-29-2016, 02:06 PM
a52
i will fourier transform anything i can get my hands on

the woods
I'll do the Weñar, then see what I can do for some other species as well.
05-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

Thanks for all the help guys! When you're ready to submit just post the info in this topic and under a spoiler!

Also I just remembered I'm adding an Original creator section to all entries under the god section. (There was no more room anywhere else)

This means your username will be placed there. If you want to be listed under an alias, your real name, or listed as Anonymous instead for all your entries (or some of them if you wish?) please send me a pm.

Also send me a pm if you want your name to link to your blog/website, the same way the credits under images link back to the artist's blog.
05-29-2016, 06:42 PM
a52

the woods
Spoiler :
Quote: "..." A typical Weñar response

Average Stats:

Strength: 5
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 1
Endurance: 6
Agility: 10
Luck: 1

Common jobs:
Pilot, Mercenary

Likes: Being alone, fighting, exploration of unclaimed space, honorable people
Dislikes: Being in crowds, robots, clockwork, other Weñar, dishonorable people

Common attack pattern:
When alone, tries to sneak up from behind. If in a group, usually organizes a pincer movement if possible. Always aims for the most vulnerable areas of the enemy. Favors light weapons.

Height: 1.5 METERS, but often hunched over to less than that.

Common Traits: [Disciplined], [Speaks with an Accent], [Speciesist] (Robots/Clockwork)

Religion:
Some worship the Limbo Gods, but for most, the honor system is the closest the Weñar have to an organized faith.

Trivia:

*Since Weñar are so distrustful of other Weñar and are generally disinterested in other species, they generally reproduce through cloning. A part of their honor code seems to be the necessity to keep their race alive. Withtout it, they probably would have gone extinct long ago, because of the rarity of natural Weñar births.

*Although most Weñar view other members of their species as competitors, they will rarely greet others as old friends or family, even if they have never met them before. This seems to be indicative of some sort of vestigial tribe or pack system, but no other species has been able to figure out exactly how the Weñar determine whether another is part of the same tribe.

*Weñar often get long well with Arma, valuing the Armas' emphasis on loyalty, honesty, and the glory of war. An Arma and Weñar pair well in battle, the Arma's heavy armor and weapons complementing the Weñar's swift and light attacks.
05-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Here's what I got for the Kouninis.
Spoiler :
Quote: "We shall now be exorcising the demon from the patient's body. Please lit the candles while I say the rites." -A Kounini Doctor in the middle of a heart surgery.

Stats:
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Charisma: 8
Endurance: 2
Agility: 5
Luck: 3

Common jobs:
Conman, Entertainer, Doctor

Dislikes: Transparancy, The Man

Common attack pattern: Try get the opponent at a disatvantage through trickery. Flee from fair fights.

Height: 5'4 ft (I really have no concept of how tall these guys should be)

Traits: [Street Smart]-[Show Off]-[Liar]

Trivia:
As a result from the rampant identity theft and the desire to pretend they're special, the Kouninis are ruled by an ever changing group of imposters that pretend to be the same monarchs. Instead of having elections, the goverment changes policies by faking a coup when nobody pretends to be a goverment official anymore.

Kounini parents change identities just as often as other Kouninis. Young Kouninis make use of this by asking these new parents for toys and trips they 'promised'.

Because of the strong reactions Aftiks tend to give, the Kouninis find that they make a great audience for their pranks and mythicism. Kouninis are fond of Aftiks because of of this, and Kounini conmen tend to avoid scamming them.

I'm not quite sure if street smart is appropriate but I couldn't really find a trait that fit better.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016, 09:34 PM by Fellow.)
05-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

Things that got done today

- Navigation buttons at the bottom of the page now work. Granted if an entry isn't in it well...won't work. I coded it to be fully automatic so I don't have to place it per page.

- Downside some species have alt names in the nav (but nowhere else) because I didn't want to mess with the semi automatic webpage creation code I made. So Weñar is Wenar in the nav and also in the url but the entry labels them as Weñar.

- If you click the top of quick info panel (where the name section is) the quick info panel collapses on itself. This is mainly for when I get around to doing a mobile version but if for some reason you don't want to see the quick info panel you don't have to now.

- For the related page panel I have come up with a system that will separate each species in to their own "tags". So if the species you're viewing has a "war" tag there's a chance Arma's or other war related species will pop up in the related section. It's not implemented yet (It would be useless right now considering most of the entries aren't in yet) but it is all coded and working.

- Wenar are added

- Kounini are added

- Drakons are added

- Geckrechauns are done

- Generics are done
05-30-2016, 05:22 AM
a52

the woods
I'll start working on Plague Doctors now.

Edit: Can you put up links to both the old and the new Cosmosdex google docs?
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2016, 08:18 PM by a52.)
05-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

Here's the main Cosmosdex sheet, and here's the old google spread sheet version. I'll put them both in the second post in a moment.

I have a few reports I need to do but I'll try to get at least two species done today.

Tweeps are added (With art)
Putleys are added
Drakons now have art

I won't be doing too much art as doing art for 69 species is off the walls but I'll likely do art of my species at the very least.

More things that got done
Arma's are finished
05-30-2016, 08:39 PM
a52

the woods
Spoiler :

> Quote: "As you can see, it is the best possible system you can own. Minimal damage to property, and it seeks and destroys any infected that step foot on your land."

> Stats
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Charisma: 1
Endurance: 1
Agility: 7
Luck: 5

> Job: Doctor

> Likes: Secrets, learning hidden knowledge, eradicating disease
> Dislikes: Speaking, being interrupted during work

> Common attack pattern: Rarely attack, prefer using poisons, pathogens, or assassins. If forced into battle, will choose the most strategic position and method available, if not simply quiet retreat.

> Height: 7 feet

> Common Traits: [Skill at treating infectious disease][Does not get sick][Unreadable]Unnerving
((I know they are only supposed to have one trait per, and [Does not get sick] is not an actual trait, but it seems appropriate in this case))
> Trivia:
*Although all Plague Doctors are hybrids, all Plague Doctors are more physically and mentally alike than most the members of most pureblood species.

*Plague Doctors, though genius doctors, show very little concern for their patients. While most doctors view infections as serious threats, Plague Doctors tend to look at them as interesting puzzles. Their sole concern is eradicating disease, not saving victims, so they may casually destroy patients who they believe could cause problems.

*Plague Doctors have a mingled hatred and fascination with Notaiils, finding their abilities to spread disease both infuriating and incredibly interesting.

((also, didn't it used to be called the "cosmodex", not "cosmosdex"?))
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 05:17 AM by a52.)
06-01-2016, 04:56 AM
nonexistentPumpkin

(06-01-2016, 04:56 AM)a52 Wrote: I've got everything done but the quote. I know that there was a canon Plague Doctor at some point, but without rereading the whole story, I cannot for the life of me find them, and I would rather use a canon quote if possible.

((also, didn't it used to be called the "cosmodex", not "cosmosdex"?))

There's one here but they barely say anything.

Also yeah, but when Gime tried to make the website the name "cosmodex" was taken.
06-01-2016, 05:11 AM
a52

the woods
(06-01-2016, 05:11 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: There's one here but they barely say anything.

That will do, ty!
06-01-2016, 05:15 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

I think I'll be taking the Didaskaloi on my plate.
06-01-2016, 10:02 AM
awkwardcarapace
York Upyup

The Year 2003
I'll try my Hand at the Husse!

[Image: gmzzj.png]
06-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

A couple of things I just noticed on the Generics page.
Don't the generics worship the Helper?
Aren't the generics consorts of Nike?
06-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Hichico

I'll be claiming the Klannecs
06-02-2016, 04:57 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

Yet again thank you so much for claiming species, it's a big help. I'll see if I can put together some prizes for a raffle this week so once everything is in the dex we can just raffle off some prizes.

(06-01-2016, 02:58 PM)Fellow Wrote: A couple of things I just noticed on the Generics page.
Don't the generics worship the Helper?
Aren't the generics consorts of Nike?

Corrected all of those mistakes, thanks for the info!

(06-01-2016, 04:56 AM)a52 Wrote: ((also, didn't it used to be called the "cosmodex", not "cosmosdex"?))
It's true, Cosmodex was taken, but oddly enough it turns out I've been spelling Cosmos wrong the whole time so I guess it worked out in the end anyway!

Tourists are added

Doctors are added.

I only got one more species that I need to do before I start sweeping through species in alphabetical order. Of course that last species is the notail which doesn't have an entry at all so this might take more then a little while.
06-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Here's what I did on the Didaskaloi:

Spoiler :
Quote: "Don't get me wrong though, I did it for the art and the experience. The philosophy conversations I have watched happen over these cocoons have been some of the most "Mind blowing" I've ever witnessed." -Lechugaa

Stats
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Charisma: 8
Endurance: 1
Agility: 3
Luck: 1

Common jobs:
Artist, Sociologist, Psychologist, Researcher

Dislikes: Work, Adventure

Common attack pattern: Tries to resolve things peacefully before resorting to violence.

Height: 5'10 ft

Traits:
[Social Butterfly]/[Knowledge of X]-[Philosophical]-[Lazy]

Trivia:
The Didaskaloi have lost some their practical knowledge because not many of them were intrested in preserving it. There have been a few times where the Didaskaloi had to buy back the knowledge they sold.

A large group of Didaskaloi thinks that the Kuppa's work centered mentality is primitive and several Kuppa Teas have been convinced to run art studios on Didaskaloi funding. The Didaskaloi are happy to help the Kuppas out, but the Kuppas find them condescending and won't return the favor.

[Knowledge of X] seem appropriate since the Didaskaloi learn for its own sake, but [Social Butterfly] is, well, they're butterflies. I couldn't choose.

Also, it looks like disease resistance on the plague doctors has double brackets.

Edit: Oh, and I considered putting in something about their ghosts in the trivia, but that seems more like it belongs in the special section.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 08:03 AM by Fellow.)
06-02-2016, 07:38 AM
Wheat

Prunus
Spoiler :
> Quote: "When going through this forest, make sure to leave everything as you found it. The trees here have eyes to see everything you do. Hope they never open their mouths, because that could mean one of two things. One: they could be raising an alarm to bring the whole forest against you, in which case you may have only moments left to live. Two: something far worse. They have decided to tell you a 'funny joke'." –Field guide notes by Madero Scadero regarding the Waterberry Settlement in Toporus, Pei'sre.

"WHERE ALL MY TREEPLES AT?!" –Deciduous Jay

>Stats: Strength: 5 Intelligence: 5 Charisma: 3 Endurance: 8 Agility: 3* Luck: 2
*Agility drops to 1 upon rooting. Other stats will likely increase throughout decades of rooted growth in good soil, though charisma may decrease after several decades of no-contact with outsiders.

> Common jobs: Logistics, natural sciences, medicine, communications

> Likes: talking at length, gossip, or meditation (depending on how social the individual is), good weather, animal friends, friendly clodfights, leaf postcards

> Dislikes: fire, wild climate fluctuations, situations with too many variables, artificial environments, concrete, paper, things that are too tall

> Common attack pattern: concentrated, overwhelming long-range artillery barrages or rain-of-arrows, though this is much more common in defense of a settlement than in militant expansionism.

> Height: On average, 6-7 ft during ambulatory stage after 4 years. Can grow much, much taller during sedentary stage.

>Traits: [Patient] [Green Thumb] [Highly Flammable]

Trivia:
Prunii are vulnerable to close-range offenses in their sedentary stage, so they know too-aggressive expansion risks a devastating tit-for-tat down the line. Prunii are more likely to expand through a slow creep into territories of naïve or lenient communities/individuals of other species who may learn too late the result of having a Prunus rooted in their community (that is, if you can't live symbiotically with one or more Prunus that's taken root, it's nigh impossible to get rid of them without sparking a conflict with any Prunii they're socially connected to).

A settlement is the name for a group of Prunii who have rooted near each other.

Rooting is looked forward to positively by almost all Prunii, as the mechanism of rooting activates the production of a hormone that all but eliminates anxiety (an effect compounded by the elimination of the need to find food). Depending on the quality of soil rooted in, a Prunus's sedentary stage can be 100-150 years of bliss.

Soil quality is important, by the way. Soil with too high or too low of soil pH, contaminants, or a lack of nutrients, versus rich, healthy soil spells out a 50-to-100-year lifespan difference for a rooted Prunus. A difference in placement by even a few feet can translate to ±2 years. This is why much time, thought, and measurement goes into combing over potential plots before rooting takes place. Prunii may enjoy telling stories, but they're much more compelled, evolutionarily, to this process of "plotting."

Prunii can get a good feel for a spot of soil's properties (including nutritional value and composition) through taste and touch alone. Toxicity, too can be detected this way without much risk other than a temporary ache since there's no continued exposure (unless it's something unnaturally potent and deadly). Still, Prunii have developed tools to get more exact soil readings. A Prunus in your community may start repeatedly taking soil samples from a particular spot. This is a sign that they may be plotting something. Depending on whether or not you want an irrevocable relationship with ridiculous joke trees, you may wish to take action at such a point and shoo them away.

Prunii are naturally logistics-minded. Much of Prunus culture is structured around the fact that the majority of a Prunus's life is spent unable to move from one place—so if one can't go to where the party is, why not bring the party to you? The ability to quickly and efficiently send chatter and material long distances is what allows for sedentary Prunii to exist in tight-woven societies despite of physical location, and without needing to be tended to by the ambulatory Prunus population. For example, one settlement can aid another settlement in a time of drought, malnourishment, flood, or fire by delivering whatever's necessary from one settlement to another in a glorified bucket brigade. Plots between settlements are cultivated years for before some Prunii eventually root at what becomes a relay post or a supply station.

You cannot spell Prunus without puns, unfortunately.

The trivia got a bit long because I thought too much about the rooted period of their lives. Maybe some of it could be shuffled into the rest of the entry?

also when I originally typed logistics under jobs, I wasn't even thinking of the pun and it took me like ten seconds to start chortle uncontrollably about logs

i'll do l-tarioks next

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 08:51 AM by Wheat.)
06-03-2016, 08:49 AM