Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

[Cosmosdex] : 9/12 So. Many. Apps.
cmdrcade
 RE: [Cosmosdex] SPECIES APPS CLOSE DEC 4TH: NO IF, ANDS, OR BUTS

Inteliga
woops.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 10:45 PM by cmdrcade.)
11-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
You post claims on the Fortuna topic not here. Claims here do not count.

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
11-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
(11-30-2016, 10:10 PM)Fellow Wrote: Oh, well, they're not marked as seen in the sheet currently.

Woops that's corrected now!

Xapti accepted temp home here.
- none

Space Llama accepted, temp home here.
- Added "It has been confirmed that the llamas are part of a strange experiment being conducted in the future, police will be arresting the scientist after he finishes his experiments for time traveling, this is a little known fact though as informing people may disrupt the timeline."

As there should be no natural time / space travelers. That would give them near the same power as the limbo god of space and time.

Azureclops accepted. Temp home here.
- None

Stakil accepted, temp home here.
- Stakil > stakil, as always please attempt to not capital case names of animals.
- The nickname is not optional. Generic nickname given.

Cloud gulpers accepted temp home here.
- The quote is not optional. Generic quote added.
- Quotes don't belong on any of the other items.

Omega bass accepted temp home here
- Nothing major.

As a note I may start rejecting apps or putting in a system that automatically stops and rejects apps if some of the required sections are not completed. (It was something that has always been on my list to stop people from accidentally submitting half finished applications.) Please make sure to read the application section if you have not, it informs you which sections are optional and which are now.

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
12-01-2016, 04:01 AM
Athena

Eparai submitted with homeplanet pending.
12-04-2016, 01:17 AM
Helios

California
Metaparxi submitted!

"1. AIs are just people who carry a manual. Treat them like people.
2. People with manuals get confused and scared when things occur that are not in the manual. Treat them like people when this happens.
3. Treat them like people."
12-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Hermes

Wooooaaahh Marmar get!!!

[Image: dN6Gq8w.gif]
12-04-2016, 09:14 AM
DS Piron

Budryfts submitted.
12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Arcanuse

Poppets for consideration.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
12-05-2016, 12:57 AM
nonexistentPumpkin

It's getting spoop(er)y in here! (Homeplanet pending.)
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 02:47 AM by nonexistentPumpkin.)
12-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
SPECIES APPS ABOUT TO CLOSE, GET THEM IN!

No time for putting change logs, just check your species for any changes.

Ybe are accepted, temp home here.

Eparai are accepted home here.

Metaparxi accepted, home here.

Marmar, home here.

Budryft, home here

Poppets home here

Spooper home

12-05-2016, 04:17 AM
TangledAlmond
oh hey cool a user title

Tripods submitted!

I know I already submitted a species this round but,
[Image: unQOGxp.png]
12-05-2016, 04:30 AM
Spish

Hokkan submitted.

I felt the other concepts needed more refinement. No time for that, so I went with the obvious choice.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 05:58 AM by Spish.)
12-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Wheat

started this app this morning, soledades
Spoiler :

Soledades

Physical description: soledades have a head with aspects of a pig (nose, ears, general shape of cranium) and a whale (mouth/jaw/mandible). The most prominent feature on their heads are their long eyebrows, which jut out wildly from the face and bend at sharp angles, mazelike. The eyebrows may not be entirely real at all times.

Their rounded rectangular limbs lack traditional skeletal joints, instead containing numerous cartilaginous fulcrum points that allow them the flexibility of a gumby figure. From the ends of their limbs, they may temporarily form multiple fingers with amble dexterity.

The ventral area is whalelike, continuing from the lower jaw. It is calloused with rough, protective folds of cartillege that slope up into carapacian plates around the side. This connects to bone for a tortoiselike shell. The shell is inset with minerals and gemstones, as well as complex, intricately-carved patterns. The three most common stones one will find a soledad's shell covered in are natural pearl, turqoise, and obsidian.

Their bodies are also inset with various bioluminescent markings resembling mesoamerican patterns.

[Image: 3Vjsrj.png]

[Image: juIh6G.png]

Diet:Filter feeder used to straining large amounts of both water and land for krill, insects, seaweed, plankton, mycobial colonies, and other small organisms through their baleen. Can subsist on prepared rations blended finely with water if needed.

Personality & Traits: While individual behavior varies widely (to the point of there being few agreed upon social norms), there is one trait that comes instinctively to Soledades. They are a species that seeks solitude; to inhabit isolated places. Much as the term "a tourist" comes from the Tourist, the word "solitude" comes from a translation of this species's name.

In addition to seeking geographical isolation, soledades also unknowingly impose a personal distance between themselves and others. This stems from each individual's irreproducability in both appearance and effects they have on things around them for simply being bringing about a strange kind of egoism over how special they are.

Common traits:
Blue: [Private] [Storyteller] or [Strangely Graceful]
Red: [Off], [Egoist] or [Pushover]
Green: [Adventurous]
Purple: [Chaos]

Average Lifespan: 35-160: Differs greatly based on metabolism, what health conditions a soledad is predisposed to, and whether or not that individual is symbolic for something in a way that they might spontaneously turn into a cloud or something.

Home Planet: Real Yermo - this environmentally-diverse planet contains many abandonded settlements, communities and cities, due to discovery after the introduction of spacegoing vessels invalidated those settlements' isolation. Most who live on the planet have used new technology to establish new, more hidden settlements.

There are also various landmarks dotting the planet that are former soledads who spontaneously turned into a landmark at the end of their life, whether that be a tree, a sign, a cactus that continuously oozes liquor, etc..

History: There are many different pre-contact myths regarding different Soledad communities and regions, but it is difficult to verify the historical accuracy of any of them, considering soledades' tendency to be unreliable narrators.

The story of soledades' first contact with the outside world, transcribed by historian Petel Juiry-jo, is listed in the special section.

Much as the didaskaloi had a crisis brought upon by the conflicting drives of isolationism versus expansionism, soledades had a crisis following first contact. Some wished to dig deeper to hide away into their world, spurning outside contact, while others saw advantages in embracing some parts of spacefaring culture and uniting enough to form a cultural and political basis for a great diaspora that carried a shared cultural identity beyond one's own isolated community.

Special: Due to low base populations resulting in mutations being common, soledades can vary in appearance and behavior wildly; however, none of these variations have high enough population for distinct subspecies to emerge.

The story of first contact goes like this:
One day, when the moon was in the sky, a second moon descended upon a clearing near the village of No Flat. The cousin of the leader of the village, So-So Finneca, had been waiting in anticipation at the spot where the second moon was to land for fifteen cycles, feeling that something important would happen there. So-So was an odd Soledad, who wished to meet with the bodies of the heavens - which everyone knows are numerous and imposing upon the gentle darkness. All told So-So to give up on their waiting, that it was foolish, that it was not right, and no, it would never come. The moon would come, So-So said from their anticipated spot, and then it did! Unfortunately, So-So had anticipated the spot where the second moon would land too accurately, and was crushed to death beneath it.
As the second moon hollowed itself out, and inhabitants inside stepped foot on Real Yerba, So-So's spirit looked for a nearby object to inhabit. They decided upon a special rock that was dull in every way, much like the moon, as perhaps it would be able to better speak to the moon.
"Greetings, hollow moon! I have noticed you have crushed me to death."
The inhabitants of the moon looked around to see where the voices had come from.
"I'm down here, friend."
"Oh," the lead explorer said. "You're a rock. This is one of those planets."
"I am only a rock for the time being. My former body is pressed beneath your moon."
"Well, that's too bad," the explorer said. "Will your death be an inconvenience to anyone?"
"I was waiting here because I had anticipated that something which would change the world would happen at this very spot. Every day, my cousin, Larger, the leader of the poor, decrepit and highly visible village of No Flat, comes here to check on me, and to offer that I come back. Now that the change has finally come, I was going to take the change back to No Flat to present to Larger, and vindicate myself over their doubtings. Unfortunately, my body is incapable of delivering the change in this current state. Once they see my body, they might be upset for a few ticks, that I was not only\ right, but that it will all be for naught! They'll soon get over it, and forget about me, but for a few ticks, they will be quite surly."
The explorer thought a bit.
"Hmmm... I think I could bring some change to your village in your stead. Which way is it?"
"Oh, thank you!" So-so exclaimed, and they pointed with a cloud of dust brushed up by the breeze. "It's over there."
And so, the explorer brought the change to No Flat, to be followed by many more hollow moons. No Flat was emptied out by this change, either by entering hollow moons of their own, or by retreating deeper into the nearby marsh flats where the darkness swallows families by the whole.

note add purple trait [chaos]

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 05:41 AM by Wheat.)
12-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Kíeros
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
[Image: ERZfm2V.png]

x-axis: Days since November 0th
y-axis: Total number of species submitted

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 05:16 AM by Kíeros.)
12-05-2016, 05:13 AM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
I'm pretty sure that's just a picture of what every homework submission looks like. I would like to also give props to wheat who submitted their species at 11:58.

Tripods

Hokkan

Soledada

IF YOU NOTED THAT YOUR SPECIES HAS A HOME PLANET, YOU MUST SUBMIT THAT HOME PLANET BY DEC 20th OR YOUR SPECIES HOMEPLANET WILL TURN IN TO NONE / NOT IMPORTANT.

12-05-2016, 08:01 AM
GreenMeanZombieQueen

in constant fear
@Arcanuse

I come with fanart!!! I'm a sucker for living rag doll type things

Trigger warning for Blood, I really enjoyed the detail about them using the skins of other species to make more poppets
Spoiler :
[Image: IY6Hhp3.png]
12-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Arcanuse
 RE: [Cosmosdex] Home Planet Extinction Event: Get them in by Dec 20th!

Thanks! Would have put a bit more into their entry, but corners have to be cut when you find out about this sort of thing existing at the last minute. Aside from that, rather curious what the galactic community as a whole might think of them. (Though I can see some species trying to use them as luck bombs to soften up targets.)

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 01:49 AM by Arcanuse.)
12-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
@Arcanuse

I see them being very fickled about the whole affair, likely putting it close to being near the levels of reanimated abominations, but I also see it being a thing for some families to make a poppet so that the family member can "live on, if just for a while longer" even though the poppet doesn't retain any memories or well, anything.

Also yeah you can bet people are making them and using them as weapons.

Species art! If you don't see yours that means it'll be drawn a little later.

[Image: 1csr10T.png]

[Image: kR1RC7S.png]

[Image: TlqxOun.png]

[Image: WLtAJvh.png]

[Image: w4NcyDL.png]

[Image: lsrAFxF.png]

I cheated here ok

[Image: l7C8d7K.png]

[Image: NRc7rQO.png]

[Image: BhFCAP4.png]

12-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
12-8-2016

In the redux, Apollo, and the other Ais will remember your name and call you by it (if you tell them). The first AI you tell is Apollo, who will as normal, insult you, so how about we make this personal? If you put your name and 1 sentence about yourself, I will make sure that by the time the redux (officially) opens, Apollo will have a comment to make about your name. It'll only be a sentence or two but it sure will be neat!

Spoiler :
Major updates
- Fixed the cookie system for the redux, now we're good to go. A lot of redux related code has been cleaned up and fixed. Now able to open the "Great Apollo insult sheet".
- The homepage of the Cosmosdex rolls a 10 sided dice, then proceeds to give you a cookie with a number in it.
- The first page of the redux does the same.

- After getting said cookie above, Eris will now be white and blue (with 4 legs) or gold and black (with 3 legs) depending on your roll. Both colors are canon and your color will show up in every Eris related area.

Minor updates
- The text in the textboxes in the redux area has been moved down a staggering 3 pixels. 1 more pixel and it would have been a major update.

12-08-2016, 06:58 AM
OrangeAipom
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : Have a robot personally insult you, click to find out how
he/him

I made those parasitic clothing creatures, kind of, but what you did with them was nice.

signature
12-10-2016, 02:56 AM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
ALL SPECIES WILL BE MOVING TO THE MAIN DEX AREA BY THE END OF TODAY

[Image: VVnQ62Q.png]

[Image: VwozAEd.png]

[Image: R20NAOK.png]

[Image: MG1y5t4.png]

12-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Dorsidwarf

DEATH SAUSAGE
Love these all, especially what you did for the Ybe!

[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]
12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Gimeurcookie
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
12-17-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates
- Goldorians now have display art.
- Metaparxi now have display art.
- Husses finally have display art.

Minor updates
- Art for Eris is now correctly credited depending on which Eris you have.
- New gallery art for klannces, Helios, Athena, itzel, tegyp, and Vaeri.

12-16-2016

Spoiler :
(Note just going to be moving updated homeworlds I see. I'll do the other planets at the end seeing as the homeworld section and the normal planet section are going to be fused.)

Major updates
- All the species have been moved to the main area of the dex.
- Kivver updated.
- Mypace updated.
- Puerto updated.
- Taiaptor updated.
- Maya updated.

Minor updates
- Fix the l-Tariok entry.
- The tallrist, a new subspecies has been added to the tourist entry.
- Few errors in the tourist entry and the tweep entry fixed.

12-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 12/17 Art updates Husses finally.
Notail Shaming Squad

On a Space Croc
REMINDER THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT HOMEPLANETS

12-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Fellow
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 12/17 LAST DAY TO SUBMIT HOME PLANETS
Guy the Chap

Bloody heck I'm late with this but I've submitted Shearattle. I have double checked my paragraps after my last app but it still seems like the line breaks have gone missing in the discription section. I don't know why this is happening. I have even deleted the line breaks and put them in again in case it was because I copy pasted it but no dice.

Cartricke is coming up.

Also that Huss art was pretty funny, I like it.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 11:19 PM by Fellow.)
12-20-2016, 11:17 PM