Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

[Cosmosdex] : 4/8 THE REDUX IS NOW OPEN!
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 12/17 LAST DAY TO SUBMIT HOME PLANETS
S. L. GG Esq.

I'm gonna retroactively claim Tekla-V just for posterity.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
12-20-2016 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Cartricke submitted. I still don't know why my paragraphs get eaten, sorry for the inconvenience.
12-21-2016 12:53 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

I keep forgetting to tell people that your paragraphs do not get eaten and I can see them perfectly! The site just needs me to put in [br]s in to them by hand but I can see your paragraphs!

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
12-21-2016 01:24 AM
DS Piron

Claiming Aftenia, and Strigii
Here's hoping.

Revamped Aftenia app done.

Dropping the Strigii app.
(This, just feels off. Like I'm just going to mess up athenasGuardian's work...)
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 03:58 AM by DS Piron.)
12-21-2016 02:49 AM
TangledAlmond

Wockle has been submitted!! This doesn't have anything to do with the extinction event but people are all submitting homeplanets right now so I figured now would be a good time to actually submit the tockhau homeworld.

Now that the homeplanet has been submitted, could you please erase this:

Spoiler :
Quote:The tockhaus have been able to prevent colonization on their planets by other species due to a peace treaty with the prunus. The prunus offered to protect the planet in exchange for being allowed to live there. The tockhau agreed on the grounds that the prunus were not allowed to disturb the environment. As such, the planet is also populated by rooted prunii. Wockle is a popular spot for prunii to take root due to the vast amount of rich untouched soil, as well as the constant stream of lively tockhau music.

from the main Tockhau entry? Thank you!!

----------

As a side note, if anyone wants to design unique fruits, flora, and fauna for the rainforest planet of Wockle, that would be most welcome and I'd love you for doing that! I'm not good at designing those sort of things.

Spoiler :
12-21-2016 03:47 AM
Hichico

Nekxurius submitted revisions add some more flavor to klannecs as a whole, its nice.
12-21-2016 04:09 AM
Spish

Valkan submitted.

Admittedly I tried to cram in a lot of stuff I meant to put on the original species app.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 04:50 AM by Spish.)
12-21-2016 04:26 AM
Arcanuse

Eh. Not entirely happy with Orvan, but eh.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
12-21-2016 05:40 AM
GreenMeanZombieQueen

oh heck i almost forgot to post this

Planet Z submitted

Scchllrvrth submitted

Ploaxomats submitted
12-21-2016 06:05 AM
LoverIan

Oh yeee so I submitted the two planets of my species' homeworlds

Mortembrosias

Also here is the canon Isment Homeworld page. It exists, and also doesn't.

[Image: egg003.png?raw=1][Image: egg001.png?raw=1][Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1]
12-21-2016 07:57 PM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 12/17
One Punch Kill

12-27-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates
- New display art for the Fog by Dorsidwarf
- New display art of Baphometti and Hokkan by Star-Lit.

- Lots of coding stuff in the redux. Point is, Apollo is better aware of where you are in the comic now.

Minor updates

12-23-2016

Spoiler :
Major updates
- New display art by Hic for the Tegyp, Notail, Klannec, and Aoeyoiie.
- New display art by Blizz for the Apidee.
- New display art by Star-lit for the Itzels
- New display art by ZombieQueen for the crawlerz

- New gallery art by Splendid for the Aftiks.
- New gallery art for the kheiron, metaparxi, tockhau, and Eparai

- Moved all the planets out of the submission area to their correct placement.
- Sadly not going to give a change log for what was fixed / added. As there was a lot to go through. Please check your entries.
- The homeplanet section is now gone. There is only a planet section.
- By that I mean there's technically a "Home planet" section but it will be changed to something else when I figure out what other section we'll need.

- The planet section is still kind of a mess but it might be fixed by the time you check. Edit: (100% not a mess now)

- Art Application section finally has examples.
- All featured sections now have featured entries in them.

Minor updates
- Fixed a bug where planets in the random section in the main cosmosdex dex page would lead you to an error.

- Fixed the mind our mess issue on phones.

Planet info
- LIST OF PLANETS DELETED.
acolite
aiotali
akorin
argys
augaeu
copez
danacche
jarsen
jumanjia
laniakea
lisaur
lercury
manakan
mekterra
oaeie
oceanus-vi
podanvolter
rommunal
strigii
tenorbaylbe
twitchia-i
zeverann-viii
Belvedore

- LIST OF PLANETS THAT NEED TO BE FINISHED BY THE END OF THE 28TH OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.
Hearth
Geckon (Likely will just be abandoning this one so if anyone wants it just claim it here.)
Eukaryote
Jarsen
Gorson
Merciaa
Spookus
Taialnondemi
tektonne

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
12-23-2016 09:41 AM
Fellow
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 12/23 Planets now set on fire!
Guy the Chap

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.
Spoiler: old post
I'm considering a robot species that kind of does a thing where they try to replicate a person as an AI. This is kind of a weird thing so I'm posting it here to see if it's an okay thing.

Spoiler :
Physical description:
Eremitites are large robots that resemble hermit crabs.
They have a small main body that resides in a metal case that resembles a conch. Usually this case is painted or otherwise decorated.
Attached to their body are a series of small legs and a pair of large crab claws, which are unusually dextrous and precise.
Eremitites usually keep most of their body inside the case and use a small screen attached to the inside of it to express themselves.

Personality and traits:
Eremitites spend their most of their lives looking after a friend that has allowed them to come with them. Eremitites are nearly inseperable from their friend to the point where they will stand next to their bed while their friends sleep. They will try to help their friends however they can, be it by carrying their things for them, making their bed, cooking for them or beating people up with their heavy metal claws. Unless they're actually hostile, Eremitites are very happy and cheery.

Eremitites make it no secret that they are this way because they record every single word or action from their friends, as to create a robotic replica that resembles them when they die. These robots, called memory crabs, only resemble the friends mentally. Physically they are extremely poorly made crab robots that are very weak and very frail. To make matters worse they can only interact with things in front of them, whereas their movement can only be sideways. This means they have to arkwardly shuffle back and forth around something for a while in order to grab it.

Any attempt to upgrade these crab robots has made them irrepairably broken and they are known to spend their entire lives complaining. Eremitites will without exception leave their memory crabs on whatever planet they were made on and cheerily ignore this sad little robot they just brought into existence.

Eremitites will always try to be good friends even if they don't like their friend a lot, but if they admire a friend for something they may choose to adopt some part of their personality for themselves when their friend dies.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016 11:28 AM by Fellow.)
12-28-2016 09:11 PM
Futurdreamz

(12-28-2016 09:11 PM)Fellow Wrote:  I'm considering a robot species that kind of does a thing where they try to replicate a person as an AI. This is kind of a weird thing so I'm posting it here to see if it's an okay thing.

Spoiler :
Physical description:
Eremitites are large robots that resemble hermit crabs.
They have a small main body that resides in a metal case that resembles a conch. Usually this case is painted or otherwise decorated.
Attached to their body are a series of small legs and a pair of large crab claws, which are unusually dextrous and precise.
Eremitites usually keep most of their body inside the case and use a small screen attached to the inside of it to express themselves.

Personality and traits:
Eremitites spend their most of their lives looking after a friend that has allowed them to come with them. Eremitites are nearly inseperable from their friend to the point where they will stand next to their bed while their friends sleep. They will try to help their friends however they can, be it by carrying their things for them, making their bed, cooking for them or beating people up with their heavy metal claws. Unless they're actually hostile, Eremitites are very happy and cheery.

Eremitites make it no secret that they are this way because they record every single word or action from their friends, as to create a robotic replica that resembles them when they die. These robots, called memory crabs, only resemble the friends mentally. Physically they are extremely poorly made crab robots that are very weak and very frail. To make matters worse they can only interact with things in front of them, whereas their movement can only be sideways. This means they have to arkwardly shuffle back and forth around something for a while in order to grab it.

Any attempt to upgrade these crab robots has made them irrepairably broken and they are known to spend their entire lives complaining. Eremitites will without exception leave their memory crabs on whatever planet they were made on and cheerily ignore this sad little robot they just brought into existence.

Eremitites will always try to be good friends even if they don't like their friend a lot, but if they admire a friend for something they may choose to adopt some part of their personality for themselves when their friend dies.

What happens if we hit a memory crab with a mutation clock?
12-29-2016 01:12 AM
TangledAlmond

Gorson submitted.

Spoiler :
12-29-2016 04:34 AM
nonexistentPumpkin

Spookus will send shivers down your spine!

[Image: kfZjy8X.png]
[Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1][Image: egg012.png?raw=1] [Image: egg015.png?raw=1][Image: egg013.png?raw=1][Image: egg017.png?raw=1][Image: arCPbnd.png][Image: egg016.png?raw=1][Image: GK77Np7.png][Image: egg014.png?raw=1]
12-29-2016 05:10 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

Oh crap why dind't I post that in the application review section? Sorry about that. I got confused between the two cause of the species apps on the first page.

(12-29-2016 01:12 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote:  What happens if we hit a memory crab with a mutation clock?
If the crab somehow survives the impact it will turn into a non-sentient toaster, effectively killing it.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016 11:29 AM by Fellow.)
12-29-2016 09:46 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

1-26-2017

Major updates
- LOTS of new artwork. Check out the species page to see all the new art.
- New species, the Boog has been added.*
- All traits that were in limbo have been accepted or denied by now.
- All fauna that were in limbo have been moved to the main section.

- The history and god section have been moved to the lore section.
- The lore section has been created, along with a way to request new lore sections.
- The Legendary section now allows you to submit Legendary characters. There is currently no guide on how to submit them but there are two examples.

Sorry this log wasn't as detailed as most of the other logs, I forgot to save which species got art / what got accepted.

* If you were wondering why the boogs were added even though apps are closed, it's because a spam bot submitted the boog and they completely won everyone over. Almost none of their original application is still there but the spirit still lives on.

1-9-2017
Spoiler :
Major updates
- New Geckrechaun art by Blizz
- New Tockhau art by Hic.
- New dwalk gallery art by ZombieQueen

- There are now triangles on every tab that can be clicked to inform people that yes, they are clickable. Example 1 - Example 2
- Credit page is now done.
- About page is now finished.

1-7-2017
Spoiler :
Major updates
- New art for the Eeeman by Hic
- New art for the helixian by zombie queen.
- New art for the mites by blizz
- New art for the catlas by blizz

- New art for the goopmicks by Hic.
- Ne art for the Plague doctors by Hic.
- New art for the tildes by Hic.

- New art for Athena commissioned by dorsidwarf, and created by Sushidoom.

- New Gallery art for the helixian by Blizz
- New Gallery art for the volkronn by Spish.

- Something something, home planets fixed moved and stuff. Please note that you cannot submit a homeplanet for a species if they don't have one Now / A month after they are added to the dex. This is because homeplanets take up the upper ranges of rolls, and while great for lore stuff they are luke warm on spreading out the luck range.
- There were bots on the site, most of the forms now have basic bot protection. If you see any other bots roaming the site please do tell me.

- Started work on the lore section of the cosmosdex, it will likely replace the [Gods and Worship] and [Timeline and History] sections and turn them in to super sections.

Minor updates
- Cycled out feature entry on homepage.
- Changed the grey and white bars in the cosmosdex to white and black. The grey bars were a placeholder I forgot about.

01-07-2017 05:50 AM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 1/10 The illuminati update (+Art)
One Punch Kill

3-14-2017

Major updates
- The redux is up to This Page in Fortuna, though is still not opened.

- A ton of new pages I will attempt to list out.

Jupiter
Zeus
Amaterasu
Artemis
Diana
Nike
Opis
Pluto
Somnus

@HootoffDPresses
Hawkmoth
Athena v7
O-5
O-11
Strakai
Terrence Blowskowl

Ominous Floating
Zerberbil
Goblin
Gildipede

- A ton of new artwork for species and 1 for fauna.

03-14-2017 10:11 AM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 3/14 Content, Content, Content
One Punch Kill

The Apollo insult sheet is now closed and deleted! If you submitted your name to be insulted it has been written! If you haven't, you will be given the chance to give your name to Apollo to have your name added at some point in time.

04-08-2017 02:04 AM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 4/7 Redux is coming
One Punch Kill

The redux is finally open and ready to be updated at a steady pace! Here's a list of some cool new features that got added!

New Features
- 2 new "flashes" (They're just videos)!

- Rodney Ootkins can now be named whatever you want! (Within length reason)
- Apollo remembers your name if you tell him. (Within length reason)
- Apollo will insult you sometimes based on your name.
- Apollo will remember if you told him your name, go back to tell him again, and then tell him "I don't have a name", and will call you out on this fact.

- New sleek design, wow!
- You can actually highlight and copy text that is in the text box!
- You can highlight nearly any text you see! (except in a few select places) The future is now!

- A save system, save your game, set it to autosave ect ect
- If you use your left and right arrow keys you can automatically go back and forth between pages! Note, some pages do not allow you to move forward because there are important choices on the page. Also note, arrow keys have a 2 second delay on them to prevent server overloads by someone holding the arrow key down.

- The main menu pages are actually interactive. But only semi.
- Loading screens now draw from a pool of tips and randomly display one to you! Meaning very few people will see the same tips in the same order.
- Somethings are different depending on your seed number!
- A boring comic map!

- Choices that are remembered!*

There are a few bugs / issues that will be fixed very soon, I will now list them.

Bugs and issues

- Current tip pool is extremely small, will be adding more very soon.
- There is no About section at the moment.
- There is suppose to be an area where you can make a new custom cookie in the case of accidental deletion. That is not a thing yet but will be done in a week or so.
- Apollo will not ask you if you want to submit your name to be customly insulted at this moment.

- The 2nd "Flash" has a 1 minute loading screen. Aka you have to sit there for 1 minute and then it auto plays. There's no actual loading indicator for this but I'll be looking to put one in soon. Just sit at the screen for 1 minute and it'll play.
- There's no "Mobile" versions for the 2 "flashes" yet.
- Apasem has 2 extra arms in his talk sprites.

- God knows there's a spelling error I just haven't seen yet.

Things that are not a Bug or Issue

- Videos look weird on internet explorer. | Fight internet explorer about that.
- The Fortuna comic isn't mobile friendly like the rest of the site. | Intentional Fortuna just isn't a good comic to read on small mobile devices. Did make it tablet being held sideways friendly though.

Hope you guys enjoy the redux! Please submit ANY bugs or errors you see to this topic! I would like to fix as many errors as possible before they become bigger issues later on.

* May or may not do anything but cause a light to be a different color at the end of Fortuna.

04-08-2017 09:06 PM
TangledAlmond
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 4/8 THE REDUX IS NOW OPEN!

All right!!

I think I found a glitch; I'm led to an error page if i click the Read button from anywhere other than the home page. For example, if I try to click "Read" from the page "http://cosmosdex.com/cosmosdex/lore/", it will link me to "http://cosmosdex.com/cosmosdex/lore/fortuna/p/0", instead of "http://cosmosdex.com/fortuna/p/0".

It looks like "Load Game" also has this problem, and that "Read" actually functions exactly the same as "Load Game" which I assume isn't intended?

Spoiler :
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 09:58 PM by TangledAlmond.)
04-08-2017 09:55 PM
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Cosmosdex] : 4/8 THE REDUX IS NOW OPEN!
One Punch Kill

Above bug is now fixed. The site thought the user was trying to append their save file to the current page. Now it should be fine.

Also yep, read functions the same as load game, that is intention as New Reader functions as the new game. But if you have no saved game the Read button functions as a New reader button. It's a special thing.

It's like how the cosmosdex and main menu button go to the same place.

04-09-2017 12:48 AM