Art of Domination Thread 04

Art of Domination Thread 04
RE: Art of Domination Thread 04
Hey guess what.
I've been updating the Art of Domination mirror on MSPFA over the last several months, and I finally finished.
Here it is https://mspfa.com/?s=289&p=1
I would recommend reading this to remind you of everything that's happened and that could possibly be put to good use now.
Man I feel like I should say something else in this post but I don't know what.
Art of Domination is very good, and I feel like its better if you read the whole thing, so im glad to facilitate that.
S'been a while since I last read through the whole thing again, and the fact you took the the time to update the mirror does wonders, especially considering it's a lot easier than sifting through the Dropbox and finding the right post (as there is the occasional early draft mixed in, along with some unused scraps), though I have noticed some odd inconsistencies, like the sequence with Olpho in Lab Barbarossa. I remember in the initial MSPA thread that there was a brief flashback sequence to the incident that lead to him losing an arm, a leg, and an eye that's missing in the mirror.

I also don't really remember the picture of dream!Rainhar getting his brains blown out during the dream sequence in the original thread, but it seems everything else lines up just fine.

Also, the fight for Adderbear is missing the part where Vora dealt with the building Maestro was holed up in. Like, it skips over that and goes straight to how the fleeing enemy soldiers are dealt with. (EDIT: Apparently, that just seems to be a problem that's.. also inherent to the dropbox itself, given that for some reason that particular result just isn't there, apparently. ...And the Internet Archive doesn't have pages 16-21 of Thread #3, so there goes trawling that as an option. Ugh.) Other than that, and a conspicuously large blank spot on one of the pages (I think during one of the conversations between Max and the Tri-cores), along with the occasional stray tag I'd say you've done solid work on the mirror so far. Just got up to W5D5. I'll see if there's any other inconsistencies that don't match up with my memory up 'til the point where the mirror hits the start of this thread.

I'd also appreciate if someone else who's been around could read through the mirror as well and see if there's any other odd inconsistencies that I may have missed as well. I think there may have been some other stuff earlier on as well, but I stupidly hadn't made a point to keep track of what up 'til the bit with Olpho in Lab Barbarossa. Might also be some merit in trying to scrounge
Oh yeah, there was a page in the dropbox that started with Olpho having a flashback. It was short though, with a single image and ending with the "what do you do?" prompt. The next page in the dropbox just went back to the present though, so I assumed that there was more to it which didn't get archived, and I decided that includinging just the very start of a flashback would be more confusing than not including it at all. I can put it in easy enough though, if that's what I should do.
(05-14-2019, 11:07 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »Hey guess what.
I've been updating the Art of Domination mirror on MSPFA over the last several months, and I finally finished.
Here it is https://mspfa.com/?s=289&p=1
I would recommend reading this to remind you of everything that's happened and that could possibly be put to good use now.
Man I feel like I should say something else in this post but I don't know what.
Art of Domination is very good, and I feel like its better if you read the whole thing, so im glad to facilitate that.

Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to do this!

Also, I'll admit that I've been having trouble remembering and keeping everything organized myself, so I'd like to apologize again for the mess and all the inconsistencies that sprang up. I'll look through my files and hard drives to find what's missing.

Oh, and I'm working on the next update. It should be up before June 2019 arrives.
(03-28-2019, 01:17 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Can the signals be jammed?
Additionally, could the network be jammed? Disrupting their ability to communicate should lower their fighting efficiency in the approaching skirmish.

You: Can the enemy’s network be jammed?

HQ: According to our CWS, yes.

You: Then do it! Block every signal coming out of those mechs!

The Paladin mechs change their behavior. Four of them immediately land, while one remains and changes course to your planet-side HQ.

Lagantis: The one still moving, it must be the one in charge!

HQ: Yes, General. The CWS say it’s still trying to send out signals. The rest are inert. Void Sphere reports it’s making a lot more evasive maneuvers.

(04-06-2019, 01:43 AM)smuchmuch Wrote: »Also our black hole artilleries. Don't know if their name is indicative and if they'll have anything similar to the void sohere, damage wise, but it's worth a shot.

You: Ghulls, order our Abyssal Artillery to fire on those four grounded mechs!

Ghulls: Right away!

Your Abyssal Artillery vehicles plant their legs onto the ground, about 2 kilometres away from the quiet mechs.

[Image: q2f2CT3.jpg]

They launch their volley of black holes, and hit right on target!

Nothing remains except for a pair of craters. Targets neutralized.

The lone Paladin continues its journey to HQ. With the Omni-Factory in view, a hatch opens on its back and it drops a cluster of objects…

[Image: zHpQHaE.jpg]

You: Author’s Notes! HQ, keep eyes on those things and make sure none of them get through!

Rainhar: They may be immune to gunfire, but we can at least barricade our entrances.

HQ: Understood. Sensors are tracking 20 Author’s Notes scrambling towards the western gate. We’re already locking it down.

Rainhar: Vora, I got an idea.

You: Let’s hear it!

Rainhar: So the Author’s Notes are tiny transports for soldiers, yeah? What if we use those Phantomic Repeaters on them? We don’t really know yet how they work, but either they’re organic themselves in some way, or they got organic soldiers inside them shrunken down to size. Either way, the repeaters should stop the threat! I mean, they’re projectiles MOVING AT LIGHT-SPEED!

You: It’s worth a shot! HQ, send out soldiers armed with Phantomic Repeaters to engage the Author’s Notes!

Just as the Author’s Notes reach the closed HQ gates and try to climb, your soldiers aim their Phantomic Repeaters right behind the walls.

[Image: 8GcHIj2.jpg]

They fire, and the Author’s Notes suddenly stop moving. Scrambled organs and what looks like minced meat erupts out of them.

Rainhar: Oh gods, that’s disgusting.

Francoise: It appears the Author’s Notes were damaged, and ejected a ‘corrupted’ version of whatever was inside them.

You: Good. We know now they have a weakness.

Lagantis: That Author’s Forge is earning its keep. Without the Abyssal Artillery, the Void Sphere and the Phantomic Repeaters, things could have gone a lot worse.

You get a sudden call from HQ.

HQ: Commander, the Paladin’s giving up. It wants to talk to you, though we’re still jamming its communications.

You: It wants me?

HQ: Yes, said it wanted to talk to you. It’s landed in a field just 1 kilometer west from the Omni-Factory. It’s deactivated all of its weapons.

This could be another trap. You’ve seen the ‘other you’ that tried to make you talk to it. For all you know, talking to the mech right now could cause you to become mind-controlled.

What do you do?

- Destroy it.

- Ask Zasha the Swiftback to temporarily impersonate you and talk with the mech. The Swiftbacks can modify their voices to be a perfect match.

- Order your CWS to hack into it and force it to obey.

- Destroy every weapon and jet booster on it, and bring it back to base.

- Let it return to Region 1, but implant a debilitating computer virus into it.

- Something else.

>_

Units available:

SpoilerShow
Zasha will impersonate us and talk to the mech.

Now, I doubt the mech will be fooled by the attempt, and will ask accordingly.
In that event, it should be made clear in no uncertain terms that the mech will have to settle for Zasha or nothing.
Audio feed from the conversation should be checked by A.I. for abnormalities, and processed into plaintext to further squash any remaining possibility of contamination.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(05-30-2019, 04:46 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Zasha will impersonate us and talk to the mech.

Now, I doubt the mech will be fooled by the attempt, and will ask accordingly.
In that event, it should be made clear in no uncertain terms that the mech will have to settle for Zasha or nothing.
Audio feed from the conversation should be checked by A.I. for abnormalities, and processed into plaintext to further squash any remaining possibility of contamination.

Seconding. Make it clear that this is part of our security. Have void spheres trained on it in case it engages hostilities.

It may be a good idea to try to... dissect? the author's notes.
Not sure I want to risk our only shapeshifter spy being brainwashed themselves.
Can't we ask Feather and Francoise to do it instead ? They're AI, so they're Author tech mind control proof and they can probably fake voices if pluged with the apropriate equipement.
(Althouh Grenda could tell they were'nt organic from her hearing so to fool another AI it'd better have some great equipement)

ALSo:
On this page of the mirror: https://mspfa.com/?s=289&p=345
The discussion that should be in quote from this update don't seem to appear.
If we don't send Vora, and we're working on the assumption that a disguise will be seen through, then let's not insult the AI by sending Zasha in disguise anyway. If they're actually interested in negotiation, then Zasha's disguise may end up turning the Paladin further against us.

AIs have been the main sources of conversion for us. For whatever reason, they appear to have a much better resistance to propaganda in addition to their immunity to Author tech. It's much more plausible that AIs are sincere in surrender.

I say we send Vora after asking for a demonstration that the Paladin isn't keeping a sound based weapon.

re: ↓ Yeah, ok.
That's fair, but I'd still apreciate if we used Francoise and Feathr as filters. They can act as relays for the transmitions and We still have Vora do the speaking. That way if there's a direct mind control lin k thingy, it'll likely be broken while the negociation cna still happen
Agreed. Even if the Paladin AI itself is honest with its intentions, I wouldn't put it past the folks in R1 to load it up with some sort of nasty surprise for it to spring on us if we get close enough.
And, come to think of it, we should probaly have some CWS have an eye on Francoise and Feathers themselves while doing it so we're sure there's no hack atempt on them byt tht bitch or another AI hwile were at it.
Might sound a bit paranoid but it doesnt cost us anything much to be prudent and it will likely pay. Besides the enemy has stoped messing around.

By the way, given how often the enemy seems to be trying to target either Vora (the brainbeastattak atempt way back at the start, the thoughts blender, possibly the paladin...) or our hQ and the way theyve been stepping their game, we probably should be preparing for a visit from spies and/or an 'upgraded' Max 19 soon.
(for those who need a reminder.Max 19. Regenerating teen assassin with super senses, extreme training, a face only an Author could love and complete sociopathy.)

(Also on a totaly unrelagted matter.. there's something I just love about the abyssal artilleries. There's something elegant in their weird yet very simple desisn.)