Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

+iny ©at people
Dark Lord Graham
 RE: +iny ©at people

(07-26-2017, 07:05 PM)Fellow Wrote: One of us has already made an ice gnome to try and scare her back to us

One of us referring to you? That bee hat she was wearing damaged her health for some reason. In her weakened state she may be in real danger. To be frank, it was a very half-baked scheme.

Regardless, the other players are presently unable to make TCPs, because Fernando is still treated as one of ours'.

Apologies for the inconvenience, Grind.

>Use our Tracker: locate Fernando.
07-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

it probably means they just joined someone else who doesn't suck as bad

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
07-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(07-26-2017, 09:46 PM)Wheat Wrote: it probably means they just joined someone else who doesn't suck as bad

I'm not sure why that would be a problem for Grind, unless she joined someone he dislikes, thus giving them an advantage.
07-26-2017, 09:55 PM
tronn

So you would say that really grinds your gears?

(also that's a totes rad pic Wheat!)

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
07-27-2017, 01:43 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

(07-26-2017, 09:34 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: One of us referring to you?
I feel like it'd be weird to speak of "me" when talking to grind, I don't mean to somehow hide that I made the gnome or anything. And, weither or not it was a bad idea it's something that grind should probably hear about.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 03:52 AM by Fellow.)
07-27-2017, 03:42 AM
LoverIan
Gay Owl

>So being put into adventure mode by her leaving is not a rogue tcp thing?

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)

07-28-2017, 01:32 AM
Arcanuse

We did give approval, of a sort. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
>Create physical manifestation of skateboard pic
>Create spare copy of extreme teen bible
>Create package containing both on frog mail moon addressed to Grind
07-28-2017, 02:29 AM
Kitet
frog wife

cool planet
[Image: DmA2b8x.gif]

FROG-CRIMES: How is that a problem?
FROG-CRIMES: Also, more importantly, if you’re a god then can’t you just make a really big skateboard to do cool tricks on? Or shrink yourself down, either way.
GRIND: Skateboarding is very low on my priority list sorry
GRIND: So all of your TCPs are still in this session but none of them are rogue
GRIND: Which means that the one that left is technically still on your team

FROG-CRIMES: Oh, huh… that sounds about right, actually.
FROG-CRIMES: She’s not fully against us, but she’s trying to prove that we’re wrong about this game possibly being dangerous for the TCPs.

FROG-CRIMES: ...So we put an ice-breathing gnome in the Tower Maze. If you explore outside of wherever your base is, you should watch out for it.
GRIND: Ah. Noted
GRIND: This can turn into something bad though

FROG-CRIMES: What, the ice gnome? We think Fernando can probably handle it.
GRIND: No I mean your TCP not being rogue
GRIND: As long as she’s in Adventure Mode and still on your team she’ll be keeping the global TCP limit from raising and the session is going to stagnate or worse
GRIND: It will be a while until it gets worse but the TCP limit would have raised by now
GRIND: So you need to figure out a plan

FROG-CRIMES: …huh. Okay, apologies for the inconvenience. Give us a minute to see what she’s doing.

[Image: 7sRjOFh.png]

Looking at your Tracker, you can see Windy and Fennel are still at home, while Fernando is exploring some section of the Tower Maze. You can’t tell if she’s near any planets, or that ice gnome thing. The minimap on the Tracker only shows where she is, and not anything around her…

[Image: 7jcasDC.png]

Checking your Compass as well, you can see that she’s explored a couple paths that Windy and Fennel hadn’t taken, and seems to be heading further into the left branch of the maze.
07-28-2017, 11:01 PM
skeleton
Snail Bone

Bone Pit
If possible we should pop in on Fernando and maybe start encouraging her to come home if possible?
I know she probably hasn't been out long but we can't really yknow.
Do anything else about the problem.
I doubt sending Fennel or Windy would help ease tensions any.
07-28-2017, 11:32 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Male
we don't need to do anything at all
07-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Kanelel

Tell Fernando about this conversation and what got said. She can use her own initiative to decide what to do. If she really takes too long we can send Windy and Fennel to retrieve her.

Ask Grind what he knows about the fourth player, and see what we can learn on our own with the communicator. Also ask about what alliances entail mechanically, and compare to what Macaron said.
07-29-2017, 02:12 AM
Gen

Cloud dimension #9
>Contact Fernando using drone so we don't risk the other cats because SOMEONE left a HORRID SNOWY SHORT PERSON in the maze.

>Tell her that we need her to come home because everyone's gonna have a bad cat time, and while some frog heads seem to sup deep mouthfuls of grief, the other Gods might start beating us up or WORSE learn how to do a sick grind on our collective heads.

>Excuse ourselves politely from the shredmaster
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 02:44 AM by Gen.)
07-29-2017, 02:42 AM
Dark Lord Graham

Grind: So it is a matter of etiquette, then? Something that could, and I apologize for the coarse language, 'stir up some shit'?

Is there a way to declare a TCP as Rogue? To banish them? And if such is done, can they be re-gained later?
07-29-2017, 03:44 AM
FlanDab
Polite Guardian of Corruption

The In Between of the Filverse and Earth
(07-28-2017, 11:40 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: we don't need to do anything at all
Second. Wait until Fernando feels better and comes home.
07-29-2017, 04:34 AM
tronn

What I'm taking away here is that Grind is telling us to get rid of Fernando so someone else can make a TCP for themselves, which is not very cool thing to do.

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
07-29-2017, 08:49 AM
skeleton
Snail Bone

Bone Pit
I'm pretty sure what Grind is telling us is waiting for Fernando to come back herself is like.
A bad idea.
Like we don't want to do that because the longer she's out there the more likely something bad could happen.
And I imagine holding up the game for everyone won't make them like us more.
07-29-2017, 05:15 PM
Dediles

>hey grind, why don't you send your TCP to intercept Fernando, they can give her the down-low on this whole shebang, give her a perspective that isn't frog-crimes biased. then she can decide whether or not to go full rouge or to come back home.
07-29-2017, 05:26 PM
Wheat

Hey grind is there a way to transfer TCP ownership? Would it be possible to give you them if they didn't want to come back to us and you were interested in them?

07-29-2017, 06:36 PM
skeleton
Snail Bone

Bone Pit
Hate to be this nerd but I really don't think the solution is giving up one of our limited TCPs either?
07-30-2017, 01:37 AM
Gen

Cloud dimension #9
Sure, lets just give our two other cats to Grind too, responsibility sucks.

>Teach self: Nihilism
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 01:45 PM by Gen.)
07-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(07-29-2017, 05:26 PM)Dediles Wrote: >hey grind, why don't you send your TCP to intercept Fernando, they can give her the down-low on this whole shebang, give her a perspective that isn't frog-crimes biased. then she can decide whether or not to go full rouge or to come back home.

This would likely solve her doubts, and get her home (or not) faster, with minimal chance of something going horribly wrong. I agree with this course of action, if Grind is amicable.
07-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Wheat

(07-30-2017, 01:44 PM)Gen Wrote: Sure, lets just give our two other cats to Grind too, responsibility sucks.

>Teach self: Nihilism

your sass is off mark

Spoiler :
Quote:it looks like grind has fewer, and we are hoarding all the cats, and they would probably be better for them than us since let's face it some people in frog crimes are kind of abusive

if someone really distrusts you and wants to go off somewhere they won't be constantly manipulated or endangered by your hangups the solution isn't to exert your power and make them return to love you

maybe fernando going somewhere better for them and us losing control will be a wakeup call to other people to have some consideration for the cats

my suggestion has nothing to do with fernando being "difficult", which they aren't, they're being reasonable

like if fernando gets back, we ask, "hey are you okay with us now, or would you feel more comfortable living somewhere else"
I think we should open the option to fernando of a place to go if they still don't trust us or feel safe after their adventure. we can always call on weekends if we're allied with grind

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 11:34 PM by Wheat.)
07-30-2017, 11:28 PM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

This is a tough one, we only have our tcps at our disposal, and maybe the help of the other gods. We can't exactly tie fernando up with christmas lights and drag her back.

Hey Grind, maybe you could prove to fernando that the world is dangerous to tcps if you made a million ice gnomes.

I got nothing.
07-30-2017, 11:42 PM
Kitet
frog wife

cool planet
[Image: F70HFbP.png]

FROG-CRIMES: By the way, who’s the 4th player in the session right now? Do you know anything about them?
GRIND: Her name is Marzu
GRIND: I haven’t formally met her yet but I know she’s a lesser deity created by the late Velvet
GRIND: Her contact in the communicator was unusable until a moment ago so I believe this is her first session as well

FROG-CRIMES: Hm… okay.
FROG-CRIMES: So uh… can you maybe tell us what the mechanics of forming Alliances is?

GRIND: It’s pretty simple
GRIND: You and another player agree to form an alliance and you use the module on your Compass to do so
GRIND: The only purpose it serves is to further a diplomatic victory. If every player in a session joins the same alliance then the session can be completed without conflict

You focus your vision on where Fernando is in the maze, and try to communicate with her. You tell her, in general terms, that you’ve spoken with another deity named Grind, and that it’s inconvenient for everyone if she stays out here for too long.

She tells you she doesn’t really care, she’s not done yet.

FROG-CRIMES: … Our TCP doesn’t seem to want to listen to us.
FROG-CRIMES: What should we do?

GRIND: … Making her go rogue would be the fastest option but it would put you at a permanent disadvantage
FROG-CRIMES: So, if she goes rogue, we can’t convince her to come back to us later?
GRIND: Technically you could but it’s incredibly difficult
GRIND: And once a TCP turns “rogue” there’s no way to officially put them back under any players control

FROG-CRIMES: … Honestly, we probably can’t regain her trust even when she’s not rogue.
FROG-CRIMES: Maybe you could help? Could you send your TCP out to intercept her in the maze and talk to her?
FROG-CRIMES: Give her a new perspective, help her decide whether to go home or go rogue?

GRIND: I would but you just told me you put something dangerous in the maze
FROG-CRIMES: Uh, right. Well, what if we just directed her to your planet?

Grind seems to hesitate strongly.

GRIND: I’ll have my TCP meet yours directly outside of my planet
FROG-CRIMES: Alright.
FROG-CRIMES: Actually, is there a way to just transfer ownership of our TCPs to you?
GRIND: Not really. The closest thing you could do is have me convince her to stay at my base when she goes rogue
GRIND: What type is she?

FROG-CRIMES: She’s a Fern-type.
GRIND: ...I see
GRIND: Well if she decides to stay with me then I won’t turn her away

FROG-CRIMES: Alright.
08-03-2017, 08:09 PM