Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

+iny ©at people
Wheat
 RE: +iny ©at people

I never suggested the trust cube here and i do not support creating it

keep in mind y'all that neither proposed restriction is permanent. we could try one for the duration of a quest, and then another for another.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
10-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Male
how about a compromise: for every character over 140 you use, you have to send kitet ten cents
10-13-2017, 01:08 AM
Kanelel

Better idea: for every post you make, there's a chance you win a crate. If you pay a dollar for a key you can use it to open a crate to get a random set of 10 single-use letters you can use to lengthen your posts.
10-13-2017, 02:03 AM
tronn

(10-11-2017, 11:41 PM)Kanelel Wrote: The 140 character limit would hit in-depth suggestions like letters way harder

Yes, that's the general idea. I've realized that long letters suck, and that the less direct communication with the TCPs we are in the better off they are.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
10-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Dark Lord Graham

To communicate under a limited system, we could hold a Q&A session not unlike the one we did before. It yields more in-depth attention to the problems the TCPs are having and the things they would like to know.

The fact that it turned out poorly last time speaks to our ignorance and incompetence more than any fault of the system being used.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 05:02 AM by Dark Lord Graham.)
10-13-2017, 05:02 AM
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
i strongly disagree with limiting communication. letters aren't inherently bad, our attitude and lack of cohesiveness is what's been hurting us.

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
10-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Angustine
His Most Serene Higness

The Land of Never There
I support the limit
10-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
Alright then I know the perfect solution:

Create: app called ribbiter which primarily is used to show “ribbits” which are brief messages from Frog Crimes.

rib one out: “sup cats, this is probably easier than reading letters #ilu #crimetime2017”
10-17-2017, 09:08 PM
RedGreenBlue

(10-17-2017, 09:08 PM)Gen Wrote: Alright then I know the perfect solution:

Create: app called ribbiter which primarily is used to show “ribbits” which are brief messages from Frog Crimes.

rib one out: “sup cats, this is probably easier than reading letters #ilu #crimetime2017”

tbh this is honestly not a terrible idea assuming we can still prevent ridiculous nonsense from getting through.
10-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Vic
A big gay plant

(10-18-2017, 12:49 AM)RedGreenBlue Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:08 PM)Gen Wrote: Alright then I know the perfect solution:

tbh this is honestly not a terrible idea assuming we can still prevent ridiculous nonsense from getting through.

I'm for it. Seems like it could go alright.
10-20-2017, 02:33 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

Male
hm yes what we need is more constant direct communication. after all twitter is the best website on the internet

i'm against it. i think i already used my veto though
10-24-2017, 05:37 PM
tronn

(10-24-2017, 05:37 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: hm yes what we need is more constant direct communication. after all twitter is the best website on the internet

i'm against it. i think i already used my veto though

Ditto, and I'm pretty sure I haven't used mine yet so vetoing TCP twitter.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
10-25-2017, 11:48 AM
Xindaris
Knight of Wolves

Above the stars; beneath the moon
>voting for ribbiter to exist.
10-26-2017, 12:41 AM
Jacquerel

If we don't get twitter I think we should at least let the tcps tweet.
10-26-2017, 04:24 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(10-26-2017, 04:24 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: If we don't get twitter I think we should at least let the tcps tweet.

Agreed.
10-26-2017, 05:12 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

Male
a vote for ribbeter is a vote for weird ribbeter
10-27-2017, 01:32 AM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

Guys, can we, maybe, like, cool it with all the pointless posting and chatter? If you want to talk about ideas and voice opinions and stuff, do it in the Chat Thread. You don't need to respond to each other and every little idea or vote on or veto every little thing. A large part of FAs (for me anyway) is trusting the author to pick the ideas that work the best for the story they want to tell and for the audience that's reading it. So, maybe trust KittenEater to do what's best for the story (as well as for us as an audience) and stop bumping this thread so much. Just wait for an update like a reasonable person?
10-27-2017, 03:36 AM
KittenEater
big dumb whatever

cool planet
First off, a moment to refer you to my opinion on the suggest limits: here.
And now, to the update.

> GIVE TOY LAPTOP - TUBES
> GIVE FIBER OPTIC CABLE - TUBES
> TEACH COMPUTER SCIENCE - TUBES
> TEACH PROGRAMMING - TUBES
> CREATE - STICKER MACHINE
> CREATE - FUN DUNGEON
> CREATE - FINAL(?) HONEST LETTER

[Image: TMfJbqZ.png]

Most of your new items spawn in the living room near the cats, the sticker machine spawns in Tubes's study upstairs while the letter, as always, flies out of the mailbox.
Tubes is very happy with the new gifts! The laptop, especially, feels like a good humble beginning to what will surely be his legacy. Windy and Fennel laugh nervously - this is going well so far… You tell them to check outside one more time, and Fennel goes to retrieve the letter once more.

The house rumbles for a second as the Fun Dungeon is created, and Windy expresses concern, but Tubes distracts them with his new laptop. Windy is very impressed with how well Tubes can type on such a small interface, and it reminds Windy to check out the TCP Communicator that you had given them.

Fennel gets back into the house and reads the letter out again, voice crackling as it reads out confirmation that Fernando is gone, but calming down as they read that you’re really trying to be a good guide for them. As it reads out the mention of the Fun Dungeon, Windy and Tubes get really excited, a small spark in their eyes, which dulls once Fennel reminds them that they have to pack up Fernandos things and send them off.

As they leave the living room, Fennel brings up the question of items to request… none of the TCPs can think of anything important right now, but mention Tubes could use a shirt of some kind.

> CREATE - “RIBBITER”

[Image: uzhYAqZ.png]

The three cats go up to the missing fourth cat’s bedroom. There’s a distinct sense of uneasiness among them - none of them have been in here before. They see the boxes, though, so they get straight to work, quietly sorting and packing all of the leftover items into the boxes. Before they can pack the computer, Tubes’s markings glow a bit as he touches one hand to the computer, giving it access to the planar internet. They make sure to pack one of the TCP Communicators in there as well.

[Image: DPbUG7x.png]

The TCPs work together to take each box down to the mailbox, writing “To Fernando” on each one. As the Frog Postman starts approaching, the TCPs go back into the house to get ready for their practice adventure. While Windy and Fennel get their inventories ready, Tubes checks out the new app that showed up on his laptop. He reads off your “ribbit” and replies with a quick “yeah sounds good” before closing the laptop.

[Image: I8jWnok.png]

The three TCPs calmly walk around to the other side of the planet, finding a small shack with some jack-o-lanterns in front. None of your cats are really sure what to make of this, but Tubes confidently strides in, and the other two cats follow, down a dark staircase...

> CALL MARZU

[Image: Cr3flpB.gif]

MARZU: hello??
FROG-CRIMES: Hello Marzu, we are Frog-Crimes. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
MARZU: oh uh, same
MARZU: first time meeting you im pretty sure. this your first game?

FROG-CRIMES: Yes, it is… we were having some trouble with it earlier, but we think we’re turning it around.
MARZU: cool cool. its my first game too. i think im doing pretty alright so far
MARZU: anyway whatcha callin for?

FROG-CRIMES: Truthfully, we’re trying to get a read on which players we should ally with, before we make any decisions.
FROG-CRIMES: So far it seems like everyone here is pleasant enough.

MARZU: oh yea i just got the communicator thing like 10 min ago
MARZU: and i think the same too, everyone seems okay except for… rein. creeps me out

FROG-CRIMES: Really? We were just talking to Macaron, they said Rein was a good person. We were going to call them next.
MARZU: i mean,
MARZU: whatever its personal
MARZU: i was talking to grind just a bit ago im prolly gonna ally with him in a sec
MARZU: that all you need to know?
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017, 12:59 AM by KittenEater.)
10-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
CREATE: Tweed Jacket
CREATE: Fat juicy fly in a jar to reward frog mailman for his tireless work
CREATE: Bop 'em sock 'em ghost friends in fundgeon
10-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Kanelel

"I guess? We do still need to talk to Rein, so we can go do that if you're busy. I don't think 90 words is enough for us to say we know you though, so it would be good to chat more."

If Marzu is busy we should make good on the talking to Rein, otherwise we should initiate SMALL TALK. Good subjects include: Marzu's relatively ordinary appearance compared to the others we've seen, our nature as a collective, if they've made any cats yet, and whether they know anyone here out of game.
10-28-2017, 10:53 PM
Vic
A big gay plant

I think we should also ask about Marzu's motif(s), domains, and what sort of deity they are on the scale. (Like how Macaron is a lesser deity and Grind is a greater deity.)

Also, if we can ribbit to Fennel, we need to ask how it is doing.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 02:07 AM by Vic.)
10-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
Create: technicolor dreamwidth coat
10-28-2017, 11:42 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

Male
i'd like to make a ribbit:

ribbiter Wrote:sorry, my hands are a bit tied right now — and so are my tongues! ! !

and attach a selfie.

if we're gonna have bats and jack-o-lanterns i think we should teach: hallowe'en to the tcps and give them all fun costumes, like Hockeymask Foamhatchetman or Witch With Fake Black Cat Familiar On Shoulder, etc.
10-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Angustine
His Most Serene Higness

The Land of Never There
Create: a cat that is the opposite gender of the current cat and afterwards make kittens, wich internet tcp would love!
10-29-2017, 01:18 AM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

Washington State
Tell Marzu we're a collective, and that this whole "being a god" thing is kinda new to us. Ask if he has any tips, and if not, wish him the best and call Rein.

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
10-29-2017, 01:52 AM