Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Author Message
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #26
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
(09-07-2016 12:26 AM)Major Matt Mason Wrote:  >Mara and Chesswick: Catfight, with clothes being torn off.

>Meadow: Check out the water temperature in the Floozy's Bath. Just because. ;-)

>Mara and Chesswick: Achieve ecstasy in each other's arms. Start impromptu tonsil hockey match.

I like this course of suggestive action :D
09-07-2016 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #27
midipunk clipartcore

Offline
Posts: 2,816
Joined: Jan 2016
Location: Once a frontline combatant in the Omnic Crisis, this curious Bastion unit now explores the world, fascinated by nature but wary of a fearful humanity.
>Ignore all of the previous suggestions. We must stay professional! This is no time for dilly-dallying, and frankly, you've had quite enough already!

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop


[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
09-08-2016 04:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Torchfire
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #28
 

Offline
Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 2016
So, the kids' names are Sofie and Boo-Boo? "Boo-Boo", be short for something much longer and more embarrassing.

SALV Silverbrush, be briefed about Estvan and the danger he represents. In an attempt to escape his grasp (surly he must have an ulterior motive for hugging you), activate your latent powers and pook away.
Boo-Boo, be able to tell exactly where she pooked to.
Pook destination, be inside Adler's office. SALV Silverbrush, witness what happened to your Aunt. Be horrified. Hold Adler responsible.

Vulpitanian experts, make an unexpected breakthrough in your research.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 07:42 AM by Torchfire.)
09-09-2016 07:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tegerioreo
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #29
Plums are Okay

Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: May 2016
Location: A lowfolk hovel
Spoiler :

Quote:(Boo-Boo) Express vigorously, through brief words and gestures, what you think of your sister's DUMB uniform.
(Estvan) Produce gifts for Daddy's Little Girl that are in your view appropriate for Daddy's Little Girl.
>SALV Silverbrush: Who ARE these strange people trying to hug you?
"Boo-Boo", be short for something much longer and more embarrassing.

[Image: 0912silverbrushes_zpsx6xyhzct.gif]

"Look what I've got for ye, macushla," Estvan cackled at his daughter. "Sure, and it's an adorable wee trident! Take good care of it now, and when yer older, sure, I'll get you yer very own shillelagh, just like yer papa's!"

"Sofie's uniform is dumb," the other fox kit grumbled sulkily.

"BORIS BEAUREGARD SILVERBRUSH!!" Yolanda snapped. "That's not a nice thing to say!"

"It's the truth," Boris grumped.

"You apologize this instant!"

Quote:(SALV Silverbrush) Decide tactical retreat is in order.
SALV Silverbrush, be briefed about Estvan and the danger he represents. In an attempt to escape his grasp, activate your latent powers and pook away.
Boo-Boo, be able to tell exactly where she pooked to.

[Image: 0912shepooked_zpszgubh5hp.gif]
"Cushlamochree!" Estvan exclaimed, as the young SALV suddenly vanished. "Sure and I couldn't pook yet, at that age! Our little Sofia is a prodigy!"

"Where did she go, Boo-Boo?" Yolanda inquired.

Boris sighed and pointed toward where his sister was.

Quote:(Queen Edessa) Go through the Royal Palace, scaring the living daylights out of many.
>Tell the ixies to report to Edessa truthfully for the time being, she needs to trust them so you can feed her lies when it becomes crucial.
>Be confused about the queen's prank/assassination attempt. What was her reason? Was it a message to stay away from estmere? or did she mean to kill you but realizing Avogadro wasn't you? maybe you should parley with her?
>Avogadro: Recall Queen Edessa being behind you just before you were assaulted.

[Image: 0912inform_zpscgmuayq2.gif]

"So let me get this straight," I finally managed to say. "You and your sisters have been spying on me for the Queen, and you didn't think this was maybe something you should have told me about?"

"Client confidentiality was a concern, Sire," the Ixie explained. "We collect information for a lot of people."

"Doesn't family loyalty override that?" I demanded.

"It was considered, but our ethical decision was that it did not," the Ixie shrugged. "This assignment did not seem to place thee in any danger."

"Oh, but now that I've been attacked -"

"FAKE attacked, Sire. Twas not thee, and furthermore twas not even a real dagger."

"She was wielding a real dagger in my psychometric vision off of that costume tail," I pointed out.

"Nevertheless, we would not have told thee, had Minister Lynne not commanded us to."

"Hey, thinking back on it .. I remember walking past Her Majesty just before I was attacked!" Avogadro interjected.

"It had to have been her," I deduced. "But if she was holding a real dagger, why did she suddenly switch it for a fake one? Was it because she knew you weren't me? In that case, why attack at all? Maybe I should go talk to her."

"I would advise against that, Sire," the Ixie warned.

"Good point," I said, thinking out loud. "It wouldn't do to approach the Queen with bizarre accusations until I have more information. Tell your sisters to continue reporting to her. Don't let her find out that her cover is blown, but I want to be informed of her activities from now on. When the time comes .. hmm .. elves do not lie, but perhaps we can give her misleading information."

Quote:The Ambassador dragging you off to her office could give you the perfect opportunity for some spying, or at the very least, a chance for some comedic mischievous pranks.

"In the meantime, another idea occurs to me," I continued, as I leaned around the edge of my office doorway and peeked inside.

[Image: 0912cautiouspeek_zpsahagq6hz.gif]

Quote:Adler> Be informed that you are using the touch wrong. They are suppose to forget about 5 or more minutes prior the touch and not remember you being there.
>Mara and Chesswick: Catfight, with clothes being torn off.
>Mara and Chesswick: Achieve ecstasy in each other's arms. Start impromptu tonsil hockey match.

Mara Supial and SALV Chesswick were lying in a tangle on the floor in front of my desk. Most of their clothing had been torn off and strewn about. Mara was unconscious, and the Ambassador seemed to be in a daze.

"Fuma's Mercy!" Avogadro murmured as he leaned in behind me. "What happened to them?"

"It looketh like the aftermath of an improperly done Orgasmic Touch," the Ixie theorized.

"Improperly?" I thought at her with Elfmind.

"Done correctly, the victim is put into a deep sleep and remembereth nothing of what happened," she explained.

Quote:We must stay professional! This is no time for dilly-dallying, and frankly, you've had quite enough already!

"Okay then," I sighed. "Stop gawking, Sergeant. I'll take that costume tail and we'll go to YOUR office to plan our next move."

I tucked the false tail into my Elfintory and we ambled down the hallway.

Spoiler :

Quote:Pook destination, be inside Adler's office. SALV Silverbrush, witness what happened to your Aunt. Be horrified. Hold Adler responsible.

A few minutes after we left, the silence in my office was broken by a small voice wailing "AUNTIE!??!! R U OK?"

[Image: 0912forshame_zpstezwxd4d.gif]

"Nossing to vorry about, liebchen," SALV Chesswick mumbled sleepily, as she replaced her monocle over her right eye. "I vas victorious in mine schtruggle mit zis Unzeelie miscreant."

"As soon as UR decent, U can tell me wut happened 2 U," SALV Silverbrush whined through gritted teeth. "Y U has lost UR dignity. And UR uniform."

"I am still in mine uniform," the older SALV insisted. "Vell, der zecondary vone, anyvay. You see, vhat happened vas zis: Prince Adler -"

"I HATE HIM!" the younger SALV barked furiously.

Spoiler :

Quote:>Wonder about the progress of the Vulpitanian scientist's experiment.
Vulpitanian experts, make an unexpected breakthrough in your research.

[Image: 0912eureka_zpsosinaxlz.gif]

"AHA!" Rotnev Nidab exclaimed victoriously. "Our process is beginning to show positive results! I've managed to rewrite a deceased lowfolk swapling as an elf!"

"The Old Crow?" Nexivydah asked curiously as she peered over Rotnev's shoulder at the tablet he was holding. "Who's that?"

"Just some nobody I picked at random. The point is, this proves the process works! We're ready to test it in the opposite direction now!"

"Excellent work, darling," Nexivydah purred. "I've prepared the Royal Materials. Shall we begin right away, or would you like to take a break for refreshment first?"

The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: http://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure. Winterbough Saga Wiki: Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my brand new Patreon page.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
09-13-2016 03:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #30
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Objectives
> Sabotage Vulpitanian scientist's experiment. If they have eaten the food made with the pre gamerayed 7 herb and spices they shouldn't be able to see you for the duration of the day.

> Some how eject the Salv ambassador from the kingdom or at lest get her on your side. shes enthalled to you now, so it should be easy

> Repair SALV sweetcheek's automation and get SALV Sweetcheek tell you the Vulpitanian plot (make sure SALV Chesswick is not present)

> Spy on the queen, find out if she working with anyone else apart from the ixies.
09-13-2016 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #31
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Consider sending the spying queen a message. A rude, petulant, immature message.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016 10:09 PM by typeandkey.)
09-13-2016 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Major Matt Mason
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #32
 

Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: Aug 2016
>Dr Kuhara: Stop by to reclaim your lingerie.

>SALV Silverbrush: Start gekkering about what a horrible day you've been having.

>Ixies: Take it all in.

>Agent Grainmaster: You're still wanted at the Floozie Baths. By the readers, if nobody else.

-MMM-
09-13-2016 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterofElfhame
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #33
 

Offline
Posts: 38
Joined: Sep 2016
(Rotnev & Co.) In the course of having refreshments, accidentally change the Royal Sample, producing results rather different than what you predicted.
(SALV Silverbrush) Throw a complete tantrum over what you think is Auntie Alberta's disgrace.
(SALV Chesswick) Have an absolutely head-ringing hangover from the effects of the Touch.
(Avogadro) Show off your office at GHQ, which had once belonged to a Blood Seal Bearer.
(HRH Prince Adler) Find that Avogadro's office is a bit dark. Bump into...well, something.
(Historian) Wonder why, all of a sudden, your treatises are WRONG.
(Estmere) Rule that the Royal Cabinet must form a conga line, immediately.
09-14-2016 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #34
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Avogadro's office > be bigger then it looks from the outside. (like a old janitor room) also be a huge room with loads of awesome stuff in it. (tho not well lit)

Mara's scuti > finally take control and be slightly effected by mara exposure to the touch. Go find sweetcheeks

Queen Edessa > be in front of the conga line with Estmere behind, giving him a good view. Have Esmerelda at the rear of Estmere (all in all, everyone have a good time) ("you dont win friends with adler")

Grainmaster isn't seen for a while due to being tortured by the sisterhood. unfortunately Adler is so preoccupied hes completely forgotten to check up on her >:)
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016 06:50 PM by Tim Tesy.)
09-14-2016 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #35
 

Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: Apr 2016
I wonder if they succeeded at all, or just are reading the results wrong because Old Crow was made an honorary elf?

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
09-14-2016 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tegerioreo
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #36
Plums are Okay

Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: May 2016
Location: A lowfolk hovel
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Update was a bit late this week due to a busy "work" schedule, and computer-based irregularities. Also some Mass Effect might have been involved.

Quote:the Salv ambassador from the kingdom or at lest get her on your side. shes enthalled to you now
>SALV Silverbrush: Start gekkering about what a horrible day you've been having.
(SALV Silverbrush) Throw a complete tantrum over what you think is Auntie Alberta's disgrace.
(SALV Chesswick) Have an absolutely head-ringing hangover from the effects of the Touch.

[Image: 0920gekker_zpsne78hswg.gif]

"U would not believe teh day I've been having," SALV Silverbrush shrieked. "Our mechanical agent breaks down and U go AWOL; I go 2 find you and get totes accosted by a family of weirdos; then I discover U half-dressed & completely in thrall 2 our sworn enemy!"

"Don't gekker at me, liebchen," SALV Chesswick scolded gently. "Remember I am still your Superior Officer. Und mine head is schplittink."

"Bcause UR enthralled by teh Prince's sleazy MOJO!!1!" Sofia gekkered. "Oh, teh shame of it!"

"I am not enthralled," the Ambassador protested. "Merely intrigued. Ve must return to der Embassy und re-evaluate our schtrategy."

The two SALVs ambled out of the office.

Quote:Mara's scuti > finally take control and be slightly effected by mara exposure to the touch. Go find sweetcheeks

[Image: 0920shambler_zpsm2yvcwlg.gif]

A few minutes later, Mara Supial grunted and heaved herself up onto her feet. Clutching her tattered dress about her, she shambled sleepily out of the office.

"Aaalllliccce," she groaned.

Quote:(Avogadro) Show off your office at GHQ, which had once belonged to a Blood Seal Bearer.
(HRH Prince Adler) Find that Avogadro's office is a bit dark. Bump into...well, something.
Avogadro's office > be bigger then it looks from the outside. (like a old janitor room) also be a huge room with loads of awesome stuff in it. (tho not well lit)

[Image: 0920wigs_zpsoi4j1frx.gif]

Arriving at Avogadro's office, I stumbled over several boxes and trunks, and knocked over a powdered wig on a stand.

"Is this an office or a storage room?" I asked. "It's huge! And why so dark?"

"The office, I am told, once belonged to one of King Gawain's Blood-Seal Bearers; a notorious master of disguise from all accounts," the Sergeant explained. "The Elf-light in here burned out a while ago and I never replaced it because .. honestly, I don't see very well and I can't find the burned-out sconce."

"Why in the Netherhells did the former occupant leave all of his equipment here?" I wondered.

"That, I could not tell you."

Quote:> Repair SALV sweetcheek's automation and get SALV Sweetcheek tell you the Vulpitanian plot

"Well, no matter," I continued. "We need to come up with a plan of action. In the main Detention Center is a former Vulpitanian agent in the form of a Scuti which pilots an elaborate and lifelike mechanical vixen."

"Remarkable!" Avogadro interjected.

"Her mechanical body is malfunctioning," I pointed out. "However, if we can get it working, she has offered to tell me secret details of the Vulpitanians' plot."

"That could be useful indeed," Avogadro mused.

Quote:> Spy on the queen, find out if she working with anyone else apart from the ixies.
>Consider sending the spying queen a message. A rude, petulant, immature message.
>Ixies: Take it all in.

"We also know that Queen Edessa has been using the Ominous Orse to spy on me - for reasons as yet unknown - and has also attacked me .. well, you disguised as me .. for reasons that are still more opaque."

"It is puzzling," Avogadro agreed.

"I'm tempted to send her a taunting message, but it may be unwise to play my hand so soon," I theorized.

"I am in agreement," the Ixie interjected. "Never let thy opponent know how much thou knowest."

"I want you and your sisters to carry on as normal; keep giving her the information she wants, but also report the Queen's activities to me," I ordered. "I want to know where she goes and who she talks to."

Spoiler :

Quote:Vulpitanian scientist's experiment. If they have eaten the food made with the pre gamerayed 7 herb and spices
(Rotnev & Co.) In the course of having refreshments

[Image: 0920vulplove_zpsznkq471e.gif]

Meanwhile, the two Vulpitanian thaumaturgists had paused to enjoy their supper.

"I must commend the chef," Nexivydah remarked. "This sauce is exquisite."

"Mmmm, it certainly is," Rotnev concurred, as he slurped up a noodle. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Oh Rotnev, darling, what about our work?"

"It can wait a while," he purred, with a glint in his eye.

Quote:>Agent Grainmaster: You're still wanted
Grainmaster isn't seen for a while. unfortunately Adler is so preoccupied hes completely forgotten to check up on her
I wonder if they succeeded at all, or just are reading the results wrong because Old Crow was made an honorary elf?

[Image: 0920spyglass_zpsgwx81tzj.gif]
Meanwhile, on a nearby parapet, forgotten perhaps by the Vulpitanians but not by me, Meadow Grainmaster observed the two agents through a special reconnaissance gadget provided by the Grand Marshal. This was the latest piece of spy gadgetry, nearly undetectable because it used no magick! Meadow had been training in its use for weeks, and all that work was beginning to pay off.

"Hmm," she pondered, scribbling notes on a tablet as she watched the Vulpitanians on their break. "Either he has made a mistake, or Rotnev Nidab is responsible for making the Old Crow an honorary elf in the past."

Spoiler :
Let's try to focus more on Adler since this is HIS story. I feel silly having to put most of the update in spoilers like this.

The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: http://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure. Winterbough Saga Wiki: Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my brand new Patreon page.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
09-22-2016 03:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #37
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Adler > look for a spare elf light, give it to your daughter to fly up and replace the burnt out one.

Adler > see if there is anything you could use to disguise yourself or something to hide your self from the Ominous Orse that the mushroom trick cant do
09-22-2016 05:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #38
 

Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: Apr 2016
>Adler: Who knows how to perform maintenance on Alice's body? Her partner, perhaps?

(Meadow: Witness their wholesome and family friendly tap dancing routine.)

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
09-22-2016 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Torchfire
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #39
 

Offline
Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 2016
Alice's body was designed by Vulpitanians, but it was manufactured in Elfhame, right? Adler, see if you can contact an Elfhamian magineer to take a look at it.

An Elfhamian magineer, be present in the capitol, but be rather busy at the moment.

Avogadro's office, contain many secrets. A few of them, be revealed when the light comes back. A few more when Adler searches through the room.

Somebody other than Adler, Avogadro and the Ixie, be lurking in the office.

Meadow, realize the scope of the threat the Vulpitanian plot could present. Any changes made could irreversibly alter the entire history of the realm. Or, on the other hand, if the changes have existed already (such as the Old Crow being an honorary elf in the past because of the tampering), any and all changes have already occurred and there is nothing to worry about...

The two SALVs, go back to the embassy. Half way there, run into the Silverbrushes.

The other two SALVs, perform acts of great embarrassments.
09-22-2016 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #40
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>All of these disguises could be useful. Maybe grab an armful of supplies before you leave. Want to play dress up?

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
09-22-2016 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #41
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Adler > Be a little dismayed as most of the disguises are for women and a bit suspect.

Adler > Be told the vulp scitentists are eating their supper. Soon it will be time to go to the the lab and investigate or sabotage their experiments.
09-22-2016 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterofElfhame
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #42
 

Offline
Posts: 38
Joined: Sep 2016
(HRH Prince Adler & Sgt. Avogadro) Pose as the Fix-It Squad!
(Sgt. Avogadro) Helpfully [and incredibly] produce the manual for the automaton
(Manual) Be similar to the one the Ambassador was using
(Manual) Unfortunately, be untranslated from the original dialect in which it was written
(HRH Prince Adler) A scion of Irenaeus doesn't need to RTFM!
(HRH Prince Adler) Pick up tools and decide what to use first
(Tool) Look very dangerous and possibly embarrassing to use, or be used on.
(Avogadro) In an abundance of caution, decide to try to scry the manufacturer.
(Automaton Manufacturer) Be still in business. Alas, don't speak Standard Elvish
09-23-2016 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Major Matt Mason
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #43
 

Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: Aug 2016
>Chefs: Sing romantic tune for the Vulpitanian thaumaturgists.
>Meadow: Be simultaneously appalled and intrigued by Rotnev and Nexi's antics.
>Adler: Pick random spot, apply Dangerous Looking Tool enthusiastically
>Alice: React unexpectedly.
09-23-2016 02:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #44
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Adler & Avogadro > try out a variety of disguises. Alder find a mariner outfit with a fake parrot, have a feeling of foreboding wearing it

Chefs > Sing the romantic tune of "Gay bar" by electric six. Which heightens the vulpitanians mood! clothes are thrown everywhere.
09-23-2016 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smuchmuch
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #45
 

Offline
Posts: 155
Joined: Aug 2016
>Well weither the process made the old crow an honrrary elf in the past or didn't work, we know it's probably won't work on the royal sample because if does work retroactively, then you'd have already seen the results before and any changes are already part of hsitory so y'know...
(time shenanigans; alway keep 'em loopin')

>(But just in case it does indeed work): Process of elfying the old crow: Have some... interting and nforseen side effect.

Anyway, back to Adller

>Get some servant later to replae the elf light for the sergeant. (unless he likes it better in the dark), it'll take a few minutes at most.

> You don't know much about mecanicals so you must seek the help of an engineer.
09-26-2016 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tegerioreo
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #46
Plums are Okay

Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: May 2016
Location: A lowfolk hovel
Spoiler :
Quote:Meadow, realize the scope of the threat the Vulpitanian plot could present.
Process of elfying the old crow: Have some... interting and nforseen side effect.

"If these Vulpitanians made that change, how would we know they had done it?" Meadow mused. "As far as I can tell, the Old Crow was declared an honorary elf by King Adler the Prudent. Any changes made to history would be imperceptible as changes .. We would all think that's the way things had always been."

Quote:SALVs, perform acts of great embarrassments.
>Meadow: Be simultaneously appalled and intrigued by Rotnev and Nexi's antics.

[Image: 0927seriously_zpsefjlo6mw.gif]

"You've got to be kidding me," Meadow gasped as she stared through the spyglass and then peered incredulously around it.

Spoiler :
Quote:Meadow: Witness their wholesome and family friendly tap dancing routine.
Which heightens the vulpitanians mood!

[Image: 0927jig_zpsu5ynwhui.gif]

"Tum tumm da dee da," Rotnev sang merrily. "I feel as giddy as a schoolkit!"

"Oh Rotnev, darling!" Nexivydah giggled. "How long has it been since we danced? I'm much more elated by our thaumaturgical success than I thought I'd be!"

Quote:Adler > look for a spare elf light, give it to your daughter to fly up and replace the burnt out one.
>Get some servant later to replae the elf light for the sergeant. (unless he likes it better in the dark), it'll take a few minutes at most.

"Ixie, can you locate and re-ignite the elflight in this room?" I asked.

"One step ahead of thee, Sire," she replied, buzzing into the shadows near the ceiling.

Quote:Avogadro's office, contain many secrets. A few of them, be revealed when the light comes back.
Somebody other than Adler, Avogadro and the Ixie, be lurking in the office.
Adler > Be told the vulp scitentists are eating their supper. Soon it will be time to go to the the lab and investigate or sabotage their experiments.

[Image: 0927ixie2_zpsplrcojo7.gif]

"Oh dear," Avogadro murmured as the light came back on. "Now you can see how messy it is in here. I'll really be in for it if the Marshal ever stops by for an inspection!"

"Sire," an Ixie thought at me with Elfmind.

"Another one??" I exclaimed suspiciously. "What are you doing here?"

"Lurking, mainly, and spying on thee for the Queen," she replied. "I also need to tell thee that the Vulpitanians have had their supper and will soon dance themselves into a stupor."

"The special ingredients - ?" Avogadro deduced.

"Yes. The Language of Flavors is a specialized branch of Body Magick," I explained. Turning to the Ixie, I ordered her: "Go and report to the Queen now. She can know where I am but I'd prefer to make the next few minutes' worth of plans in private."

She saluted and buzzed away.

Quote:Adler > see if there is anything you could use to disguise yourself or something to hide your self
>All of these disguises could be useful. Maybe grab an armful of supplies before you leave. Want to play dress up?

"Perhaps you could use one of these disguises to conceal yourself from Her Majesty's spies," Avogadro offered helpfully, opening one of the large trunks strewn about the office.

Quote:Adler > Be a little dismayed as most of the disguises are for women and a bit suspect.
Adler & Avogadro > try out a variety of disguises. find a mariner outfit with a fake parrot, have a feeling of foreboding

[Image: 0927disguise_zpstg27dvop.gif]

"Umm," I said, examining some of the garments in the trunk. "These are all just a bit too .. lacy and feminine for me."

"I think thou wouldst look quite fetching in that, Sire," the first Ixie remarked with a giggle.

"There is a sailor costume, complete with eye patch and parrot," Avogadro pointed out.

"Forget it," I snapped. "Who's going to fall for that one? A sailor walking around in Government buildings doesn't make any sense."

"Well, what shall we do now?" Avogadro asked.

Quote:Adler, see if you can contact an Elfhamian magineer to take a look at it.
> You don't know much about mecanicals so you must seek the help of an engineer.

"While we wait for the visiting SALVs to wear themselves out, perhaps we should look into re-activating Alice Chetsweeks," I decided. "I believe she is of Elfhamian manufacture. I wonder if there's any way we can contact an Elfhame engineer?"

Quote:An Elfhamian magineer, be present in the capitol, but be rather busy at the moment.

"There's one of those Elfhamian roebucks here in Albric Tor," Avogadro exclaimed. "He does design and maintenance on the King's mechanical, er, amusements."

"Like that crazy Hoffmann cycle thingy?" I asked.

"Among others."

[Image: 0927fileclerk_zpsulmcnftj.gif]

We made our way quickly to the office of Glencoe Redbough, Royal Magineer, but his secretary mournfully informed us that Master Glencoe was out on a service call at the moment.

"When will he be back?" I asked.

"Sometime, but he still won't be available. See this pile of work orders? He's swamped. Backlogged for weeks. We need more help here, but with the Gaps blocking the roads, and the Tithe Barn under-filled, Elfhame won't be sending anyone any time soon. You can fill out a work request and I'll add it to the pile, and Master Glencoe will eventually get around to it, maybe next month."

"I can't wait a month!" I exclaimed. "I need a mechanical vixen restored to functionality TODAY!"

"Did you say mechanical vixen?" the secretary asked, suspiciously.

"The prosthetic body of a Scuti going by the name of SALV Alice Chetsweeks," I explained.

"That's a confidential Vulpitanian account, and the firm of Redbough & Son cannot release information regarding .." the secretary began.

I pulled out my Hand hat and put it on.

"OFFICIAL Imperial Business," I declared. "Give me whatever documentation you've got on this, because I need to get SALV Chetsweeks working again as soon as possible."

"Have you tried turning her on and off?"

"I don't know how to do that," I explained.

Quote:Helpfully produce the manual for the automaton

"Well .." the secretary turned towards a huge filing cabinet and pulled out a drawer. "Because SALV Chetsweeks is normally installed at the Vulpitanian Embassy, we do keep a spare manual and Diagnostic Tool .. the foxes have a tendency to lose track of things like this. I really shouldn't be handing this over to you, but .. well, if it's OFFICIAL Imperial Business .. just bring this back when you're done."

He pulled a medium-sized box out of the drawer and pushed it across his desk toward me.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to parsing these work orders. Any time I can save Master Glencoe on a call is silver in the bank."

I handed the box to Avogadro and we hurried out of the Magineer's office.

Arriving at the Detention Center, I asked the guards to wait outside the door. SALV Chetsweeks' Scuti was sulking angrily inside a large glass jar, but seemed to be unhurt.

Quote:(Manual) Unfortunately, be untranslated from the original dialect in which it was written
(Tool) Look very dangerous and possibly embarrassing to use, or be used on.

[Image: 0927rtfm_zpsvru6vlgt.gif]

Avogadro opened the box and pulled out a bizarre-looking implement, which he handed to me. Then he extracted a large, floppy codex which he opened to the table of contents.

"I'm afraid I can't read this," he sighed, squinting at the page.

"Is that Elfhamian?" I asked. "I don't .. hmm. It looks a little bit like Old High Elvish."

"Can you read Old High Elvish?" Avogadro asked, awestruck.

"Just a little. I studied Gramarye when I was an elflet. Let's see ... 'Congratulations on your purchase of Special Automatonic Lifelike Vixen. To more perfectly manage the using of it, please read you a chapter of this firstly: Quickly Starting Guide, parts one through ending' ... no, let me see ... 'The turning of it on,' that might be useful ... oh hey, 'trouble archery!' Something about arrows and trouble, I think, is what Alice said had to be done to her the last time her body malfunctioned. Turn to section Thorn-35."

Quote:>Adler: Who knows how to perform maintenance on Alice's body? Her partner, perhaps?
>Adler: Pick random spot, apply Dangerous Looking Tool enthusiastically

The manual was difficult to decipher, but as best I could tell, the bizarre looking tool was some sort of diagnostic doohickey which was to be plugged into the slot where the Scuti pilot went. Presumably this probe would then give us information about the problem, which we could then look up in further detail in the manual.

[Image: 0927wait_zpswg0x3yos.gif]

I rolled Alice's body over, and was steeling my nerves to insert the probe, when suddenly Mara Supial burst in, yelling "WAIT!"

"How did you get past the guards?" I asked.

Spoiler :
Quote:SALVs, go back to the embassy. Half way there, run into the Silverbrushes.

[Image: 0927hudalaleigh_zpsgxzar1d5.gif]

"IT'S THEM!" Sofia squealed.

"Hudalaleigh!" Estvan exclaimed, pointing at Ambassador Chesswick. "Sure, and now THERE'S a cute and grown-up lookin' uniform!"

"Oh yeah?" Yolanda snorted. "I suppose you'd like it if I dressed like that!"

"One way to find out, macushla," Estvan chuckled.

"How can you say such things right in front of the children?" Yolanda barked indignantly.

The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: http://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure. Winterbough Saga Wiki: Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my brand new Patreon page.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
09-28-2016 03:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Tesy
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #47
 

Offline
Posts: 132
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Blighty
Mara > Get alice out the jar and start hugging and kissing her "I've missed you! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!" Then together start going over the automation repair.

Adler > Read the manual while Avogadro, Mara and Alice follow your instructions.

Avogadro > Be amazed by the vixen automation Tech, feeling the hand is indistinguishable to a real person's despite the high tech innards.

Vixen Automation > Go Bing!
09-28-2016 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #48
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Wait? She wants you to wait? BAH! You are an Elf of ACTION that waits for nothing! Throw caution to the wind, plug that sucker and watch the sparks fly.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
09-28-2016 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smuchmuch
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #49
 

Offline
Posts: 155
Joined: Aug 2016
> Hey, could you use Gramayre to make yourself look like a girl... er.. or anything else really (blamme the 'disguise in avogadro office for that train of thoughts).. Anyway could you've used magic in the past to become and Ixie or,a fish, why not use it to alter your apparence and/or disguise yourself ?
09-28-2016 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterofElfhame
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Post: #50
 

Offline
Posts: 38
Joined: Sep 2016
(Mara) Express quite vividly why you don't want the Diagnostic Pseduo-Scuti to be used.
(HRH Prince Adler) Listen impatiently to Mara's talk, and use the Diagnostic Pseduo-Scuti.
[You can tell her to talk to the hand, but literally, she is.]
(Alice) As the Diagnostic Pseduo-Scuti is plugged in, make a series of eerie chimes.
(Mara) Attempt to interfere.
(Avogadro) Attempt to intervene.
(Mara) Slug Avogadro.
(Avogadro) Go down like a sack of salt.
(HRH Prince Adler) Struggle with Mara.
(Diagnostic Pseudo-Scuti) Start spitting out bits of papyrus in Elfhamian.
09-29-2016 12:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply