Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
tegerioreo
 RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Plums are Okay

A lowfolk hovel
Spoiler :

Quote:>Lemmy: You're out of your league here.
>Lemmy: You can't best him in combat
(Lemmy) Engage in the time-honoured method of possum battle tactics.
Lemmy, it would seem that you'll have to do the unthinkable

[Image: 0613riplemmy_zpshbmasuyb.gif]

After one mighty Frog-Jitsu punch, Lemmy hit the ground and lay there unmoving, presumably dead.

"Let that be a lesson to you," Glenholm Webb quipped.

Spoiler :

In the Hall of Ancestors

Quote:>Estmere: Man this totally bites.
Estmere, don't die for at least a couple more updates.
Ixie, find Estmere and Edessa.

An Ixie approached King Estmere. "Majesty, I have upsetting information to relate to thee," it buzzed annoyingly.

"Away, bugling!" Queen Edessa snapped, shooing the Ixie with her hoof. "The king has no time for your foolish prattling."

"It regards the Vulpitanian experiments," the Ixie insisted. "Thou knowest not what they have done to thee."

"They totally helped me and Edessa conceive an elflet," Estmere replied.

"They and the Sisterhood have conspired to rob thee of thy birthright," the Ixie continued.

"Sisterhood?" the Queen exclaimed. "What Sisterhood? Fables and rumors and idle speculations. Husband dear, pay no heed to this insolent creature. You know Ixies are not bound to tell the truth, and this one appears to be slightly drunk."

[Image: 0613hushwoman_zpsca38clvk.gif]

"Hush, woman," Estmere commanded. "My uncle used to trust these things. I want to hear what it has to say. What's this about Vulps stealing my birthright?"

"They used thy Royal Seed to work foul chronothaumaturgy against thee, trading thy history with that of the Old Crow, and rewriting one letter of thy lineage so thou art the son of one Gowoin Odlersson, a lowfolk bagelmonger. Thy brother Adler is made the true heir to the throne of Irenaeus."

Under the table at ValKon:

Quote:(Detective Webb) Pook next to Relda Faufox.
(Relda Faufox) Be surprised by the frog pooking next to you. Smack your head, hard, on the underside of the table.
(Detective Webb) Indicate that with respect to the jig, it is up.

[Image: 0613tablebonk_zpsyewy8kuf.gif]

Detective Glenholm Webb suddenly pooked next to me and said, "The jig is up, Prince Adler. Are you going to come quietly, or -?"

I flinched and banged my head on the table.

Quote:flies to throw at Glenholm Webb to distract him
Avogadro: Expect a kiss for every pie

[Image: 0613shooflypie_zpsespsuikk.gif]

"Taste shoo-fly pie, impolite interloper!" Avogadro bellowed as he crammed a gooey, sticky, disturbingly lumpy pie into the face of the Detective. "How dare you startle my beloved mistress and cause her to bump her beautiful head, and speak uncivil and menacing words to her? How DARE you?!?!??"

Spoiler :

At the city's side gate:

[Image: 0613anguspunch_zpsvvm2ybpj.gif]

"Sorry I don't have time to properly rend you asunder," Angus chortled as he punched Nero out cold. "But I have a pressing appointment with a traitorous vixen, and I'm pretty sure where to find her."

The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: http://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure. Winterbough Saga Wiki: Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon. Peruse original music at Bandcamp. Or you could just Buy Me a Coffee.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 03:23 PM by tegerioreo.)
06-14-2018, 01:59 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey

That place that isn't here
>Estmere: Those damn foxes have gone too far, declare war on Vulpitania.
>Queen: Can what's been done be reversed?
>Adler-Reld: Wow,he's actually being useful. Grab your squire and run for the exit. Trip over Lemmy.
>Glenholm: Crack your eye open, you were merely pretending to be bested. All according to plan, see where they go.
>Scuti-Preston: Attempt to produce a weapon only to find your elfintory is full of bottled ships.
>Ixies: Be informed by the two that escaped of what is happening in the hall of ancestors.
>Chubb: Begin hinting at your sinister agenda.
>Percy: Wonder why she keeps menacingly rubbing her hands together while she speaks.
>Sweetcheeks: Call after Relda that you've got her dress ready.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 06:55 AM by typeandkey.)
06-14-2018, 04:12 AM
tronn

>Estemere: Welp, that would explain your newfound taste for the doughy treats.
>Edessa: This information cannot be allowed to spread. Get rid of the ixie.
>Edessa: Your child won't be denied the throne. Estemere has outlived his usefulness. Get rid of the bumbling fool before he does something stupid like abdicating.

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 06:40 AM by tronn.)
06-14-2018, 06:39 AM
Torchfire

Relda, experience a brief moment of confusion as your head clears from being bonked.
Then snap back to your senses: You are Relda Fauxfox, here at the con to prove your skills at pie-fighting... And something about the skunk king Estmere... To seduce him maybe? You can't remember, but somehow you're sure his damn rebel of a brother Adler is involved, somehow.
Your slave might know. Ask him.

Avogadro, do not know.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 06:32 PM by Torchfire.)
06-14-2018, 07:52 AM
zobot257

>Estmere: Be justifiably upset, likely towards most of the people you love in general.
06-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Tai-1

Dammit...I got nothing....

although, it's seeming like things're rushing off to a conclusion...and I can't think of anyway to delay that...

Alder's still got that vial of the Plague of Battles in his elfintory but I don't see how it could be used yet
06-16-2018, 04:49 AM