Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

4tuna Mafia Game
Wheat
 4tuna Mafia Game

Hi! I'm the captain of crew M-347. If you're here, it means you answered my Morslist.com ad asking for crew members willing to venture for the fabled golds of Fortuna! I'm offering lots of like, fame, and money so it'll be just great. Everyone should be getting here shortly, then if nothing goes wrong, we'll take off right away!! It sure would suck if a secretive faction of duplicitous criminals hiding among us were to to sabotage the ship right as we take off and then attempt to take over in the ensuing frenzy, triggering my paranoia and making me lock myself in my room and lock the ship down until you guys can weed out the traitors amongst yourselves. Now let's go! Fill out your name on the sign in sheet.

Players
1. Apo11o - Slider
2. Gimeurcookie - Deed Mann
3. Starlit-Drakon - Dorite
4. Schazer - HootoffDpresses
5. Papers- Cryptic Stinger
6. a52 - George McGee
7. Hichico - Veraxus Silas
8. awkwardcarapace
9. BB - Dot Harzel
10. DS Piron - Zephik
11. earthexe - Larry

by signing up for this on the dotted line you agree to all terms and conditions therein as well as the dissemination of your likeness for all media and merchandising properties for up to 70 years beyond your death

Oh and don't forget to send in a character to me via PM! Here's an example of what to do.
Spoiler :
Name: Cpt. Puggo
Species: Strix
Bio: It's me dddude! I'm the captain. I'm such a sharp looker I can prolly see the future!!! Puggo changes tense occasionally when writing. Listens to music really loud to get less nervous-like. Don't bother them when they're in their room they need my personal space, dude.
Stats <total 26>: Strength [2] Intelligence [6] Charisma [5] Endurance [2] Agility [8] Luck [3]

Good luck!!!

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 08:39 PM by Wheat.)
09-25-2016 04:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: 4tuna Mafia Game

New to either mafia or don't know what a fortuna is? Here, in this post I'll walk everyone through the specific rules of this game, which is "mostly like mafia but with more luck and rpg elements involved"

I. General rules of mafia (skip if you know how mafia is played already)

Spoiler :
1. There's two main alignments, crew (usually called "town" or "village") and mafia/werewolves/some other bad guy name
a.The game is an uninformed majority v an informed minority.
b. The mafia has infiltrated the crew. They can all talk at night and coordinate who to remove from the game (called a "nightkill") as well as coordinating their other actions.
c. Sometimes, there's third-party alignments, like 'survivor', whose mission is to survive at the end of the game no matter who wins.

2.There's two main phases, day and night.
a. at day, everyone can talk in the thread, and everyone votes whether to get rid of another player and who it should be (the "lynch vote ")
b. at night, no one can post in the thread. Everyone goes out and does clandestine night actions. Night actions involve protecting, investigating, or messing with other people.

3. The game ends when either there are no more anti-crew/mafia players left (crew win) or the number of mafia members left is equal to the number of crew members (mafia win, they overrun the crew since they'd no longer be able to vote off a mafia member).
a. If you're removed from the game as a crew member or as a mafia member, but your faction wins, you still win, so don't be afraid to make a sacrifice for the team!
That's about it. Except...

4. There are usuaully set roles where one person does a set action all game, but we're not doing that, because this is fortuna mafia!

II. Fortuna mafia rules:
1. Instead of everyone having set roles with a single action, everyone is going to have a chance to do any of the listed actions below (except doctor protect and cop investigate), with varying chances of success for that action based on your stats.

2. Pick a character
Stats????? Oh yeah everybody should send in a basic character by PM with the following:

a. name
b. species or AI type (you can ask me to pick one from the cosmosdex if you don't want to, or just generate a random character)
c. a few sentences of characterization
d. stats, adding up to 26 and a max of 10 in any category, distributed into the following categories:
strength [] intelligence [] charisma [] endurance [] agility [] luck []

i. these abilities will make it more or less likely for different actions you do and actions done against you to succeed:
Spoiler :
high strength: better chance of successfully attacking or blocking others.
high intelligence: better at snooping or doctoring
charisma: better chance of establishing communications with others, or blocking them.
endurance: better chance of surviving an attack on your life, or having an extra life
agility: helps determine the order of night actions. some actions require you to get there before another person to determine chance of success.
luck: sure why not

You can also make up a reason for a customized <stat> roll on an action based on a stat you're high in (or another person is low in). For instance, "I'd like to do a CHARISMA check toward a TRACKing attempt, by boozing player z up and getting them to blurt out where they've been tonight."

3. Setup: in short, everyone is a plain "vanilla" townie/mafia member except 0-2 cops and 0-2 doctors; both of these can be of any alignment at random.
Spoiler :
Everyone will have a general role with the ability to do the actions listed in the next section. The exceptions are that:
a. There may be anywhere from 0-2 Investigators/Cops (Flavorwise, these can be any character picked at random, so even the ship's janitor) and 0-2 Doctors (same, flavorwise), and both of these can be of any alignment.
b. only the mafia can do a mafia "hit" REMOVAL.
c. If there are multiple cops or doctors, one or both may have less of a chance of getting a successful result, or may consistently get wrong/bad results.

4. The list of actions you can do:

REMOVE
PROTECT
BLOCK
REDIRECT
COMMUNICATE
TRACK
WATCH
INVESTIGATE

Spoiler :
REMOVE <Kill>: takes that person out of the game, if successful.
The mafia can only attempt an extra non-hitman removal once per game, and never when two removals would result in overrun.

REMOVE (hitman): Every night, the mafia elects one person to do the hit; this hit will be successful unless blocked/protected or the target has an "extra life."

PROTECT: You're a guard. Substitutes yourself as target of a "kill" or OTHER action instead of someone else, protects another player from being harmed, or protects them from being affected by any actions in general.

PROTECT (Doctor): Saves a person from being bumped off out of the game if they are targeted.

PROTECT (Not crew aligned): Protects yourself or another person from investigation by blocking investigations from being successful or falsifying any investigations against that person (whether crew or mafia).

BLOCK: stop someone else from doing their action.

REDIRECT: Pick one or two targets. You can choose to:
a. commandeer: redirect target one's actions to target two
b. one way detour: redirect any actions against target one to the second target
c. two way detour: switch it so any actions targeting 1 go to 2, and vice versa.
(for a and b, if target one's roll is high enough, their flavor will tell them they targeted two instead - they won't be fooled, but will still be redirected.)
NOTE: this might be one the most difficult command to pull off, because you need two pretty high rolls instead of just one.

COMMUNICATE: send a single message to or initiate a conversation with another player. You may form a FRIENDSHIP which allows you to talk to that person on ensuing nights.

snooping: snoop around. there's three kinds of snooping.
a. TRACK: find out where someone's going, or see what action they're doing. Also, not-town folks have a chance to intercept communications if the tracked person makes communications.
b. WATCH: find out who visits a particular player (may come up as either a player or as an action). Also, not-town folks have a chance to intercept communications if communicated with.
c. INVESTIGATE: dig into the characteristics of a player (may come up as either a flavor blurb, general stats, or a role action they've previously performed.)

INVESTIGATE (COP): Checks into their past/actions and returns an alignment. Cops can do one of the other 3 types of snooping with a better chance of success than normal players.

note on selecting actions: With actions that have multiple possible results, they're listed in easiest successful result to get to most difficult. If you specify that you only want to attempt doing one of the easier ones, you have a better chance of success. For instance, if you simply try to COMMUNICATE, you could either send a single message or a whole conversation or fail at both; if you specify you want to communicate a single message, you have less chance of failure.

5. misc

a. feel free to roleplay as your character's job on the ship. Cop/doctor roles are randomly assigned, as well as alignment. just don't blab that you're cop or doctor

b. Only act at night through your quicktopic. Don't talk out of game at night in public places, and don't share game info in PMs. Though if you are in MAFIA or a FRIENDSHIP (sometimes called being "masons" with another player) or your role otherwise allows you to talk with a player during a night phase, you can have a private conversation about it through IMs or PMs so long as you copy-paste the log of the chat in your quicktopic.

c. feel free to ask for guidance or questions in you're new to this.

d. be kind and have fun this is a game for breaking the ice and makin' friends!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 05:43 AM by Wheat.)
09-25-2016 04:11 AM
Wheat
 RE: 4tuna Mafia Game

also if this is too complicated and you'd only be interested in a simpler game tell me that too.

09-25-2016 04:28 AM
Apo11o
 RE: 4tuna Mafia Game (open 4 all!)

*Scribbles all over the sign-in sheet instead of writing on the lines*
Yes hello I would like to play this game of mafia that you have proposed right over here

09-25-2016 05:12 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

*Rubs hands together*
I'm in! Just need to design me a character....

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
09-25-2016 06:13 AM
Starlit-Drakon
Drazzel of Moon and Stars

slaps a big paint handprint on the sign-in sheet

count me in.

[Image: arCPbnd.png][Image: egg009.png?raw=1] [Image: ECEEw.gif][Image: QzBOt.gif]look at my wonderful children [Image: RvqrN.gif][Image: EnFuA.gif][Image: e5CQP.gif][Image: ef4ys.gif]
09-25-2016 05:27 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Yes please!

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
09-26-2016 12:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

I'll join after all.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
09-26-2016 04:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hichico

I've never played this before, but why not. I'll join. I'll send in a character once I have a chance tomorrow
09-26-2016 05:23 AM
awkwardcarapace

Oh yeah!!!! Sign me up!
(Character will come a bit later.)

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
09-26-2016 06:31 AM
BB
Radical Boy!

I'm part of the game also, and playing it will be neat I bet!

[Image: lmmpL3T.png]
10-03-2016 06:29 AM
Wheat

Okay last day to sign up, i'll close signing up in 24 hours. Then another 24 hours after that i'll close any character pms being sent in so if you've signed up but haven't sent in a character by 48 hours from the time of this post, i'll just make up one for you.

You can also pm me a partial one and I'll fill in the rest it's no problem.

10-04-2016 05:37 AM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

Here I am, it's me, Larry! <3

[Image: ZEsYPHm.png]

http://pastebin.com/nZu9s2Ty

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 06:37 AM by Justice Watch.)
10-07-2016 06:23 AM
Wheat

It's larry!!!!!

I'm gonna roll for sides and roles and build the setup tomorrow and then send out roles by Wednesday 1AM PST.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 04:15 AM by Wheat.)
10-07-2016 06:41 AM
a52

Hi Larry!!!

10-07-2016 01:46 PM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

Larry!!!! <3 <3 <3

How are you doing Larry, old bud, old chum, old pal?

Wow Larry is like. The best robot? Who I totally did not at some point try to murder.

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
10-07-2016 04:13 PM
Wheat

The roles are all sent out, game will start in a day or two? However long it takes to get enough confirmations of roles received.

Spoiler :
Just a heads up, no one will be voted off d1. because nothing bad has happened yet but mostly because people getting voted off d1 is laaaame. Then, night one, no players will be at risk for getting bumped off.

10-14-2016 11:30 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

hello? hello????? Hello!!!!!! dis is ur cool n gud frend w/ a frenderly remindin that im here! ur frend! confrendmns!

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
10-14-2016 12:03 PM
Starlit-Drakon
Drazzel of Moon and Stars

oh, rad, thanks man!

[Image: arCPbnd.png][Image: egg009.png?raw=1] [Image: ECEEw.gif][Image: QzBOt.gif]look at my wonderful children [Image: RvqrN.gif][Image: EnFuA.gif][Image: e5CQP.gif][Image: ef4ys.gif]
10-14-2016 01:16 PM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

[Image: azkdxzM.png]

Yaay, yaaaay, it's time to make friends!

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
10-14-2016 09:41 PM
a52

Gee is excited to meet nice crewmembers! Gee wonders if they have any shiny things that they might be willing to give Gee?

10-14-2016 11:13 PM
awkwardcarapace

CONFIRM

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
10-15-2016 02:04 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

[Image: O7SL1R0.gif]

What excitement! There's nothing better in life than getting to go to the wilds of space, off to experience new sights, some of which have never been seen before! I perpose we have a rousing round of introductions, got to make sure everything is in "ship shape" hahahaha!

10-15-2016 02:12 AM
Papers

Well it certainly is shaped like a ship!!! Ho ho ho!

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
10-15-2016 04:52 AM
Hichico

[Image: zzy4zCU.png]

Spoiler :
decided to make veraxus his own nice little dialogue greeting thing
10-18-2016 05:04 AM