Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

4tuna Mafia Game
Wheat
 RE: 4tuna Mafia Game (open 4 all!)

Day 1

Ah,
The holy grail of Fortuna. Nestled in the deep depths of the golden city of Atlantis. Many a brave soul has perished seeking out that dame's mad stash. Fortuna... thissss is where we are headed.

A nasally voice over the ship's intercom broadcast these words to the assembled crew. It was faintly preceded by a muffled voice behind the captain's office door speaking those words. Each of the crew had entered the office, one by one as they turned in their applications and been told their role on the crew, but none had seen the good captain's face.

If we are to survive, I will need your complete trust... and I will have to trust in each of you to perform your very best. Puggo has seen into each of your hearts, aaaand ascertained the best role for the wellbeing of our crew. With the list I now hold in my hand, we will make a cohesive and unstoppable fighting force! Nothing will get in our way!

The sound of a printer slowly churning out a paper can be heard.

It's not.... actually in Puggo's hand yet.

30 seconds passed by.

Oh hell it's out of ink. I'll just write the rest in.

After another minute of silent waiting, the awkward calm that had grown among the crew was broken by, first, the sound of a the captain behind the door falling out of their chair and making a gruff whooping shriek sound, then the sound of the door whooshing open, and finally, loud approaching footsteps from down the hall.
The captain stepped onto the main deck before the crew.

[Image: YA9bTV.png]

WHAT'S UPPPP HEEERE's the list of everybody's jobs I guess. Get to know each other? Oh also I gave everyone codenames.
[Image: b0lgjM.png]

I'm going to get some muscle cream for my bum, which I hurt. I am a real captain of this ship for serious; I have years of real captain experience just look at my real captain hat. When I get back we'll take off; in the meantime while everybody's all getting to know each other, how about a team-building exercise?

That's to say, how about you all elect a first mate from amongst yourselves? Everyone knows the Fates shine their beneficence upon a first mate. Some say this means that being a first mate is good as having a second life. Others say that it means a first mate always comes first. Still others say it this is just a confidence booster, and it lets you feel as if you are an all-around better person. It might be that a First Mate will always have at least one mate. Or maybe the Fates favoring you is just straightforward, and you're more lucky?

The crew should tell Puggo when they've come to a conclusion. Puggo will leave a communicator for the crew to ask any questions they have but go to apply the muscle cream in private. I guess the runner up can get what's left of the tube of muscle cream. It's good stuff.

Day one begin! With 11 players, it takes 6 to select a first mate [extra life, instant night priority, increase in all stats, instant FRIENDSHIP, or extra luck powers]. Runner up gets tube of muscle cream [one use item]. No voting off a person today. Day phase ends Monday, Oct 24 at 5pm est.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 11:56 AM by Wheat.)
10-18-2016 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gimeurcookie
 RE: 4tuna Mafia Game (Day 1, 11/11)
One Punch Kill

[Image: O7SL1R0.gif]

All in favor of Name getting the first mate job say Aye! Clearly Name is some sort of generic right? Generics are great at order, they'll do a fantastic job, heck their job currently is Job right now!

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
10-18-2016 06:51 AM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

[Image: EM8waMs.png]

Larry... supposes he should be putting better effort in his character portraits.

Either way, Larry is a bit unfamiliar with all of these new friends. Larry likes the Deed man's idea; we should introduce ourselves. S-soo... Uhm...

[Image: jkuE3p0.png]

Hiiii! I'm Larry! I'm your crew's designated Larry! Larry hopes to make lots and lots of friends on our trip..!

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 07:42 AM by Justice Watch.)
10-18-2016 07:40 AM
awkwardcarapace

[Image: mfxhl.jpg]

Hey, what kind of a nickname is "awkwardcarapace"? Doesn't even make sense...

[Image: ksqml.jpg]

Anyway, hi. I'm Andromeda, the crew's navigator: basically, the person who has to carry around like five atlases everywhere he goes. I'm pleased to meet you!

We have to elect a first mate, huh...? Well nobody's really cast any real votes yet so I'll just elect myself to be first mate? Why not, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Sorry Andromeda's talksprites are pretty huge, but that's what happens when your character has annoyingly large horns.)

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 01:26 PM by awkwardcarapace.)
10-18-2016 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

[Image: FtT7mqf.png]

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
10-18-2016 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

it helps to bold votes, but i'll count it for now. Also I guess votes will be for a character, but votes-by listed by username.

first mate:
Andromeda 1 (awkwardcarapace)

name isn't a player, so you can't vote for them.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 07:17 PM by Wheat.)
10-18-2016 07:15 PM
Hichico

[Image: HaAP1Rp.png]
Hey hey everyone, the name is Veraxus, Veraxus Silas. This was gonna just be another trip of good old descanso y relajación. But it seems fate’s got it in for little ol’ me. I’ll be your Cook for the trip, here’s hoping we can all get along to some muy deliciosa food. If you need me, I’ll probably be in the Cocina, or y’know, taking it easy en el salón.

Also, guess I'll follow the flow and vote that fella Andromeda for first mate.
10-18-2016 10:18 PM
Starlit-Drakon
Drazzel of Moon and Stars

[Image: 02KdiEWb.png]

i am dorite, i am being our porter for this trip i um. i'm not, good at. introducing myself,

[Image: arCPbnd.png][Image: egg009.png?raw=1] [Image: ECEEw.gif][Image: QzBOt.gif]look at my wonderful children [Image: RvqrN.gif][Image: EnFuA.gif][Image: e5CQP.gif][Image: ef4ys.gif]
10-19-2016 01:47 AM
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

(10-19-2016 01:47 AM)Starlit-Drakon Wrote:  [Image: 02KdiEWb.png]

i am dorite, i am being our porter for this trip i um. i'm not, good at. introducing myself,

wow,, crew member sure is shiny! gee wonders if perhaps... no, nevermind, gee said nothing.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
10-19-2016 02:41 AM
Wheat

first mate:
Andromeda 2 (awkwardcarapace, hichico)
takes 6 votes to nominate a first mate.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 05:58 AM by Wheat.)
10-19-2016 05:58 AM
BB
Radical Boy!

[Image: 8ZrEwIY.png]

Dot: Howdy and hey there, ladies and gentlemen. Dot Harzel. It's a pleasure. I see I'm not the last one to join the parade! That's good. I was chomping at the bit in the traffic on the way here, sure I was gonna be late.
so! I'm glad to be here! I'm hired on as the negotiation's officer. We're gonna run into a lot of flak between here and the legendary planet, and you'd be surprised how many situations can be taken care of with the spoken word as opposed to fire power (That said, I ain't too bad with a six shot). I'll also be getting us some better prices on food and parts so we can save our cash for gas and maybe a few neat trinkets.

Dot @ Gee: I got a gum wrapper, actually, if you want it. It's pretty reflecty. or were you thinking more along the lines of metal?

Dot: As far as a first mate? I uh... suppose there's no better dude for the job than the one that's going to tell us all where we're going anyhow. Make the navigator first mate.

[Image: lmmpL3T.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 07:47 AM by BB.)
10-19-2016 07:26 AM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

[Image: O7SL1R0.gif]

Oh man, I guess Name isn't a real person. Vélo! Must have confused the legend for a person, how poisson, stupid of me! I don't think we need a first mate and so my vote goes to that, but if we have to have a first mate I think Andromeda would be alright, or as we say, corrompu!

I'm Deed! You guys can call me Dee though. Ahahaha, I hate to say it but boy I'm kind of vraiment chaud, a stereotypical tourist you see! I really love historical sights and what better historical sight to see than the Fortuna crash sight!? I think I might just DIE when I see it. I might not even open the chest. So why are all of you going to Fortuna for? You're not just doing this for the pay check right?

(Oh jeez, I hope these guys don't find out I don't actually know how to speak French Tourench.)

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
10-19-2016 07:50 AM
Apo11o

There is a notail in the crowd. Or at least, one would think it was a notail; one garbed in striping grey, light metal plating covering their form. Their mask has a green 'line' going over its eyes, and an adorable little kitty mouth below that.

Grreetings, to all of you! I'm so glad to meet you all, my goodness. My name is Slider. I like to think of myself as something of a mmusician, but! I suppose that doesn't amount to much on a Fortuna expedition, no? I'm your rresident and leading expert in all things electronic; the IT intern. No surprise there, rreally; we zuid'tians are quite good with machines, haha! []3

I don't rreally know much about anyone here, but anyone who's willing to pipe up for a role deserves to have a chance to show their sstuff! I'll vote for you too, Andro. []3

Finally, I do have a reason for coming to Fortuna! Nothing so personally fanciful as someone might plan... No pplanets or riches for me. I just want a wway to help my people. []3

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 08:38 AM by Apo11o.)
10-19-2016 08:37 AM
Wheat

first mate:
Andromeda 4 (awkwardcarapace, hichico, BB, Apo11o)
none 1 (Gimeurcookie)
takes 6 votes to nominate a first mate. (Day ends either at the deadline (10/24 1700 EDT), or when majority vote is made)

Right now, the runner-up, none, would get the muscle cream.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 08:19 PM by Wheat.)
10-19-2016 08:19 PM
a52

gee nominates gee!

10-19-2016 08:28 PM
Papers

I believe someone as shining as Andromeda would make a wonderful first mate! Who better to represent us, after all?

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
10-20-2016 10:27 AM
Wheat

Spoiler :
a hypothetical q: what would happen if someone who has already voted voted again?
a: if voting for same person, nothing. if voting for another person, your first vote is cancelled and it's moved onto the second person. your vote has only a value of 1 or 0 and can't be split.
first mate:
Andromeda 5 (awkwardcarapace, hichico, BB, Apo11o, Papers)
none 1 (Gimeurcookie)
George McGee 1 (a52)
takes 6 votes to nominate a first mate. (Day ends either at the deadline (10/24 1700 EDT), or when majority vote is made)

1 more vote will end day!

10-20-2016 09:11 PM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

[Image: EM8waMs.png]

Larry was gonna try to vote for everybody, but maybe that won't work.

10-21-2016 06:07 AM
BB
Radical Boy!

[Image: 8ZrEwIY.png]

DOT: Haha! What a nice thought, Larry. You know, a vote for everyone would technically count as zero, as far as our proctor should be concerned.

DOT: And I'm sure it would mean a lot to everybody, so why don't you go ahead and go for it.

[Image: lmmpL3T.png]
10-21-2016 06:52 AM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

[Image: qql5TCL.png]

Okay, if Mr Dot says so! Larry votes for everybody to be first mate!

10-21-2016 07:24 AM
Wheat

first mate:
Andromeda 5 (awkwardcarapace, hichico, BB, Apo11o, Papers)
none 1 (Gimeurcookie)
George McGee 1 (a52)
everyone 1 (earthexe)

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 07:28 AM by Wheat.)
10-21-2016 07:28 AM
Wheat

22 hours left. if no majority reached, no one is first mate.

10-23-2016 10:51 PM
a52

((Andromeda has majority: 5 votes for Andromeda + 1 vote for everybody))

10-23-2016 11:08 PM
Gimeurcookie
One Punch Kill

(( A vote for everyone likely counts the same as a vote for none, meaning 5 votes for Andromeda else Andromeda would have taken the vote by now. ))

10-23-2016 11:38 PM
Wheat

Spoiler :
"everyone" doesn't count like 11 separate individual votes, one distributed for each player. it's a specific single vote for everyone receiving the benefit of what's being voted on, either first mate status or muscle cream.

10-23-2016 11:42 PM