Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
wonderings
a52
 RE: wonderings
the one who patented nonsense

the woods
why does the electron field have inertial mass? if it's just bubbles and waves like the em field, why can't it travel the speed of light? is it because it sheds energy to the em field whenever it's moving?

what parts of the em field are quantized? just the values at any given point? the local extrema? the amplitudes of the fourier transform?

how can two fields interact with one another?

in the copenhagen interpretation, how are measurements defined? why don't the two slits collapse the wave, and why doesn't the measuring device cause interference?

why is the weak force considered a force, and not just a collection of interactions? it doesn't really impart much momentum, it interacts mainly through particles rather than fields, it doesn't really have its own associated property (like charge, gravitational mass, etc), and its force carrying particles have mass.

how does the pauli exclusion principle work on electrons that aren't surrounding an atom? does it have some radius of effect? how does it work when you think of electrons as field bubbles rather than particles?
09-23-2017, 08:41 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
the one who patented nonsense

the woods
the multiplicative group over the positive rational numbers is just the direct group product of infinitely many multiplicative groups of powers of some (essentially arbitrary) prime. until you include addition, no one prime can be said to be bigger than another, the "value" of each prime is completely arbitrary/even meaningless, and you can add or remove primes freely without inducing holes.

for example:

the powers of two under multiplication/division are a closed group -- if you multiply any one of them by any other you will end up with another power of two. so, since we always know our number will look like 2^x, let's just drop the 2^, and write (x). now, (x) * (y) = 2^x * 2^y = 2^(x + y) = (x + y). so we can redefine the product operation (x) * (y) as just (x+y).

but wait a minute. if all we have now is the operation (x) * (y) = (x + y), there's absolutely nothing in there forcing the power at the bottom to be two. it might as well be "apples", for all we know or care.

and, as an experiment, what happens when we let every number have two values, instead of just one? let's define (x, y) * (z, w) = (x + z, y + w). what we have now is a multiplication system with two primes. we've come up with a way to represent all composite numbers with these two primes as their only prime factors, as a function of the number of each prime factor in a number. but we don't know what factors are. maybe (x, y) = 2^x * 3^y, but it could just as easily be apples and oranges because we don't actually know what those two primes are, and the two columns never interact in any way, it's meaningless to talk about which is "bigger", and how they are ordered within the number system.

in conclusion:

all the weirdness with primes isn't really anything to do with primes themselves, it only comes about when you combine addition with an infinite-prime multiplicative group. and interestingly, the rules for addition seem very similar to the rules for a single-prime multiplication group.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 08:42 PM by a52.)
12-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Our Lady of Lampreys
Rebeliot

Desert
What (amount or piece of asbestos) qualifies as a singular asbesto?

The story is describing Upper and Lower forests. Several kids are exploring the forest. Anyone who looked up from lower forest grew dizzy. When the children found something in the forest it was an amazing sight. Most parents got worried when the kids went to the forest because they thought it was dangerous.
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Myeth
It crimbas time

U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
Swag is subjective

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
12-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Reyweld
Post Sponge Thread Lord

Demi-Canadian
Swag is subjective?

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
12-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Myeth
It crimbas time

U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
Jeaus christ i dont remember typing that but tru

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers