Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

REFUGEVILLE
Dis_Aster
 RE: REFUGEVILLE
Undying Aberration

Outside of local reality
...Well, after the... whatever the ever-loving fuck is dealt with/successfully evaded, it'd definitely be best to get back to that train of thought about improving the sleeping area. At the moment, I'm split between either having someone go out in wolf form, or putting our daily use of Call of the Wild to call forth an animal buddy, but... I'm not sure what'd be best for this particular situation, though. If I were feeling more aggressive, I'd be tempted to summon, like... a bear or... hell, a hippo, maybe. Not sure what'd be good for scoutin' things out.

Maybe a rabbit? Hrm. Either way... Even if we did have an animal try and tell us what the hell, would we be able to understand them as-is, or would we need to have someone turn into a wolf and serve as an animal interpreter? ...Actually, would that even work with other animals, or just canines, for that matter?
09-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
smuchmuch

From the descrption of the ability, it says it works onany animal, no matter whator wher they were, and that they would obey about any command, owever there is no mention whatsoever of bing able to undertand them, wolf form or not.

We could use call of the wild later to get some burrowing animals (i doubt our villagers know what a wombat is sowe'll haveto do with a badger or a wolverine) to help make the underground era bigger and more emediatly, dig a small exit tunnel.
( Too small to be used in human form untill it's made bigger lter with shovels, likely, but someone in wold form could use to get out discreetly. Unless y'knowthere are giant version of said burrowing animals that'd be even better. Kri spider people seems to hve dug a hoe network of tunnels s if anyone know about that it'd be her.)

There is also a lot that could be done to improve,dig more, make the form more regular, smooth the floor, reinfrce the walls and floor with wooden boards, putting some dried herbs as isolation... assumng the signet leave us two seconds without sending a monster that is.

As for the current crisis,I think the best thing is to send the stealthier villager in wolf form while the rest hunker down there.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 03:14 PM by smuchmuch.)
09-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Wessolf27

I agree with sending someone out in wolf form for reconnaissance. Check it out, and flee the very moment they get a passing understanding of what they're up against. Never tarry for too long with what the Signet can do to people.

At the same time, like above, it would be a good idea to summon a digging animal to expand the underground quarters. I'd say some of the villagers can go wolf form to increase the size of the place, but one could also try summoning badgers to help out, either that or a female dog, both for more help and as a companion for Relief.
09-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

We should probably hold off on summoning anything until we know what we're up against. A burrowing animal is certainly an option, but we might find something else more immediately useful depending on what the Signet's sent out.
09-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Mayu_Zane

(09-15-2017, 12:06 PM)Dis_Aster Wrote: would we need to have someone turn into a wolf and serve as an animal interpreter? ...Actually, would that even work with other animals, or just canines, for that matter?

Dogs and wolves only. The world of animals has countless languages.
09-16-2017, 03:56 AM
Mayu_Zane

(09-15-2017, 04:11 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: I agree with sending someone out in wolf form for reconnaissance. Check it out, and flee the very moment they get a passing understanding of what they're up against. Never tarry for too long with what the Signet can do to people.

One of the villagers musters the courage to go into wolf-form and run upstairs. He looks out from inside the house.

[Image: N089yKJ.jpg]

It’s a pillar made of heads. Seven pale, porcelain heads, all of them balanced on top of each other. They are intently observing the Shrunken Head of Asimuth, still yelling. The seven heads are talking amongst themselves.

Top head: “This head is not one of our kin. This one is made of flesh.”

4th head from top: “I wish it would stop shouting.”

The top head regurgitates some sort of towel, dripping wet with spit. The bottom head deftly jams it into the artifact’s mouth. It’s still screaming, but muffled now.

Top head: “That’s better.”

2nd head from top: “This isn’t responsible for killing the Galgom, is it?”

Top head: “Extremely unlikely. Whoever did it has already left.”

3rd head from top: “This place, it looks like someone’s lived here. There is a palisade, a shrine, and other things.”

The top head then turns, and looks straight at the wolf-villager.

Top head: “We should investigate the house. There’s some kind of giant dog in it.”

2nd head from the top: “That’s a wolf.”

Bottom head: “We don’t have time for an inspection. We’re here to retrieve the Galgom’s soul, and we have about twelve more souls to collect before our boss grinds us into paste.”

Top head: “I suppose you’re right. Damn the miscreants.”

3rd head from the top: “Been a lot of these, lately. The slaves are getting braver.”

5th head from the top: “You mean more stupid.”

All of the heads laugh.

The pillar of heads sprouts several insect-like legs and skitters away. That explains how they got past the palisade.

[Image: smzPW3e.jpg]

However, just before it finishes climbing the wooden walls, it suddenly runs back to the house.

Top head: “Just a quick search and we’ll go.”

Bottom head: “Fine.”

What should the wolf-villager do?

- Dash out of the house, distracting the pillar of heads.

- Make growling noises.

- Run back down to the basement and tell everyone to block the entrance with rocks.

- Attack the head-pillar.

- Vigorously lick the head-pillar.

- Vigorously lick the head-pillars…. and then gouge its eyes out.

- Pee on the head-pillar.

- Remove towel from the head of Asimuth to annoy the head-pillar.

- Something else.

>_

Population: 12 out of 18 shelter spaces

Wealth: 4 crumbits

Animals:
1 Dog (Relief)
2 Cows (Bilin, Daina)

Plants:
12 tapioca (sapling)
10 mangould (sapling)

Weapons:
Iron Knife x 1 (4 crumbits)
Stone Axe x 5 (2 crumbits)
Stone Shovel x 1 (2 crumbits)
Steel Hooked Chains x 2 (Equipped by Guards, 8 crumbits each)

Guards:
Two Chain-Hook Users

Merchants:
Kori (Miscellaneous Goods)
Ogot (Building Materials)

Stockpile:
323 branches (1 crumbit for 4 branches)
7 beef jerky (5 crumbits each)
1 deer meat (7 crumbits each)
9 rabbit meat (2 crumbits each)
8 fish meat (2 crumbits each)
2 jar of milk (4 crumbits each)
4 loincloths (1 crumbit each)
30 pieces of clay (2 crumbits each)
191 stones

Buildings:
1 stone house (with basement)
1 shrine
1 palisade

Items:
Leather Bag
2 Treated Bandages
Construction Manual

Divine Artifacts:

Shrunken Head of Asimuth - Screams when an agent of the Signet sees Refugeville.

Blessings:

Devoted Wolfpack: Rimewulf’s followers can transform into wolves at night, granting faster movement, enhanced senses and combat strength.

Arara’s Shade: Your people can endure heat that would normally cause heatstrokes. A common blessing for desert-dwellers and those who wish to endure drought.

Call of the Wild: Once per day, you may summon one animal to appear in the village. The animal will always obey your people and never harm them.

Curses:

Marked By The Signet: The Signet will never stop sending scouts.
09-19-2017, 09:48 AM
smuchmuch

Quote:This place, it looks like someone’s lived here. There is a palisade, a shrine, and other things.”

(See ? that's why I'm warry of building too much stuff on the surface and would prefer extend underground.

That said, as we extend underground, I think we should install a series of easily defensible narrow passages and secret 'doors', just wooden planks big enough to block passage but each recovered with dirt and rocks and rubble, that way the entrance underground doesn't look obvious if someone inspect inside the house.)

Quote:- Pee on the head-pillar.

(... I'd be lying if I said it isn't kind of tempting but it would look kind of supsicious, not really what a normal wolf would do in this situation

Sadly that also preclude removing the towel unless they can make it look unintentional because that would clearly blow our villager cover)

Fuighting the thing inn anyway should be the last ressort because even if we can kill ikt (we have no idea what it's capapble off) or don't suffer massive casulaty, you can bet another stronger or sneakier signet agent would be sent to investigate it's dispearance and soon enough we'd be found.

Going to the basement and telling everyone to block the entrance with rocks /then either making growling sounds or dashing out as a distraction to gain time (maybe kill one of the rabbits to make it look like hunting (which is what a normal wolf would do) seems the best choice.
09-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Wessolf27

Agreeing with the above sentiment. If possible, the wolf villager should also run as far away as possible after killing the rabbit and wait for sunrise before coming back home.
09-19-2017, 11:42 PM