Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
[Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Author Message
Futurdreamz
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #51
 

Offline
Posts: 147
Joined: Nov 2015
>be caught doing something embarrassing.
12-30-2016 06:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #52
 

Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
Quote:>Go go gadget lamp!
Quote:>Deploy LAMP
Of course! You knew that lamp would be useful!
Fortuna rolls a d20. A 6 is rolled
[Image: epk9X1y.jpg]

T-that's a very large Sir.

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:49 AM by Clockwork Dragon.)
12-30-2016 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #53
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 268
Joined: Mar 2013
>PET DOGGIE

>Back away swiftly and silently.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
12-30-2016 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #54
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 162
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>Greet it very politely, put on the most british accent you can manage. "Good day Sir!"

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
12-30-2016 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kíeros
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #55
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

Offline
Posts: 2,667
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
> PET IT

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
12-30-2016 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #56
 

Offline
Posts: 214
Joined: Dec 2016
>...It looks asleep. Probably should not wake up the Sir. Is there another way the Extral could have gone?

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
12-30-2016 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #57
 

Offline
Posts: 142
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: DEATH SAUSAGE
>How did you get a Fortuna Die

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
12-30-2016 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #58
 

Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
Quote:>How did you get a Fortuna Die
Huh? Oh, you've beaten the game lots of times and have all the items, but you don't see how that's relevant now. Even if you did have a die, it wouldn't help you. You aren't the player anymore, you think. Only players can use that!

Quote:>PET DOGGIE
Quote:> PET IT
It looks really, really gross. No.

Quote:>Greet it very politely, put on the most british accent you can manage. "Good day Sir!"
You don't have a death wish. Well you do, but that's not going to get you out of the Underworld. Really, dying is better than being Cosmic Friends Forever.

Quote:>Back away swiftly and silently.
You would do that, but really, how would that help you get out of here? You have to find that extral!

Quote:>...It looks asleep. Probably should not wake up the Sir. Is there another way the Extral could have gone?
[Image: B48k7aQ.jpg]

You think you see something behind Sir, but the light has started to cause it to stir. You put the lamp back in your inventory.

Give up now and look for more people? Or try to find a way past Sir?
Or something else?

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:49 AM by Clockwork Dragon.)
12-31-2016 06:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #59
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 162
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>Challenge the Sir to a rap battle!

>Or, you know... just walk around him.

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
12-31-2016 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DS Piron
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #60
 

Offline
Posts: 154
Joined: Dec 2015
> What the heck, try to go around, but be careful. If Sir stirs any further, then turn around and look elsewhere. quickly.
01-01-2017 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #61
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 268
Joined: Mar 2013
>Shimmy-Sham Around Sir.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-01-2017 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #62
 

Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
Quote:>Shimmy-Sham Around Sir.
Quote:> What the heck, try to go around, but be careful. If Sir stirs any further, then turn around and look elsewhere. quickly.
Quote:>Or, you know... just walk around him.
You press yourself against the wall and slowly scoot down the hallway.
Fortuna rolls a d4 and d20. A 4 and 5 are rolled, respectively.
[Image: CueASLz.jpg]

You nearly brush against Sir, but you keep moving until you no longer hear it. You figure it's safe to turn on your lamp again.
[Image: om4jZg2.jpg]

Oh this must be crew quarters or something? There are a whoooole lot of numbered doors.

Maybe the extral is in one of them?

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:50 AM by Clockwork Dragon.)
01-01-2017 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #63
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 268
Joined: Mar 2013
>Welp, no better way to check than to open them sequentially starting from the nearest.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-01-2017 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GlowyMushroom
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #64
 

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: U.S
>Knock on door number 3, because third times the charm

[Image: egg009.png?raw=1][Image: egg012.png?raw=1]
01-01-2017 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #65
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 162
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>This must be one of those newfangled space doors that don't have door knobs. Try talking to the door!

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
01-01-2017 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #66
 

Offline
Posts: 142
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: DEATH SAUSAGE
>Kick in the door and yell "THIS IS SPACEPOLICE SURRENDER YOUR WIFI ACCESS"

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
01-01-2017 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #67
 

Offline
Posts: 214
Joined: Dec 2016
>Eh, knock nicely and peek through the doorway if you hear something normal. Growling, Clawing, Fighting, Wailing of Lost Souls, you should probably move to the next room.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
01-01-2017 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #68
 

Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
Quote:>This must be one of those newfangled space doors that don't have door knobs. Try talking to the door!
Oh come on, you've played Fortuna enough to know how doors work.

Quote:>Welp, no better way to check than to open them sequentially starting from the nearest.
Quote:>Knock on door number 3, because third times the charm
None of the doors are numbered except for one near you. It has the number 12 printed neatly on it.

Quote:>Eh, knock nicely and peek through the doorway if you hear something normal. Growling, Clawing, Fighting, Wailing of Lost Souls, you should probably move to the next room.
Quote:>Kick in the door and yell "THIS IS SPACEPOLICE SURRENDER YOUR WIFI ACCESS"
You stand away from the door and knock.
[Image: otw3q5l.jpg]

It opens!
[Image: S2xkUdb.jpg]

Ah, perfect, just who you were looking for!
[Image: bEqWHQ6.jpg]

Fortuna rolls a d20. A 10 is rolled.
[Image: zY2yjAH.jpg]

Oh.
[Image: cVRv1va.jpg]

What now?

--------------------------------------------
Please read:
Spoiler :
Hey all! You may notice I'm slowing down on the updates soon (and now). School is starting up again and it's going to take up a lot of my time. I will update as much as I can though! I'll be sure to let you know if I plan on taking a hiatus for a bit.

That being said, I would be more than happy to do a few text-only updates as they only take me a few minutes to write. I'll only be using these to answer questions (EX: "How many extrals are in that room?"), so don't worry about not seeing something important.

I'm really glad so many people are enjoying this story, it's a lot of fun for me too! Thank you all in advance for your understanding.

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:51 AM by Clockwork Dragon.)
01-03-2017 02:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #69
 

Offline
Posts: 214
Joined: Dec 2016
>Am I interrupting something?

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
01-03-2017 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #70
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 162
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>Extral dating simulator: Go!

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
01-03-2017 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #71
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 268
Joined: Mar 2013
>Ask if they know where the cakes are.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-03-2017 04:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Superficial
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #72
Super Shark

Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Albuquerque, Las Vegas
> Eat them.
01-03-2017 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #73
 

Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
Quote:> Eat them.
Uh, no.

Quote:>Extral dating simulator: Go!
While you would try to date the extral, they aren't here. There are a bunch of extrals though.

Quote:>Am I interrupting something?
[Image: gvJ4iLx.jpg]

[Image: m2nNpiU.jpg]

You decide to point the lamp at them, to get a headcount.
Fortuna rolls a d20. A 13 is rolled.
[Image: Bw4zpla.jpg]

13. You think there are 13.
[Image: MPkQUtv.jpg]

They exit the room. You step back.
Quote:>Ask if they know where the cakes are.
[Image: sZ5EHF9.jpg]

Instead of answering, they rip a tear in space and scuttle through it.
[Image: CnNBVZd.jpg]

Follow them? Or keep moving down this hallway? Or do something else?

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:52 AM by Clockwork Dragon.)
01-06-2017 12:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #74
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 162
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>Clearly the only option here is to follow them!

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
01-06-2017 01:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [Lambda] A small adventure begins...
Post: #75
 

Offline
Posts: 214
Joined: Dec 2016
>Eh, it's probably safe if you want to go through. Pretty sure Extral's won't intentionally tear open a rip to someplace immediately lethal and head on through.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
01-06-2017 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply