Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
[Farther]: VII - Ray
Author Message
awkwardcarapace
 [Farther]: VII - Ray
Post: #1
York Upyup

Offline
Posts: 307
Joined: Jan 2016
Location: 2003
[Image: B1Nf4Ct.png]
click on music notes for music that sets the atmosphere

[Image: JK0OhJf.jpg]

[Image: XhssDA3.jpg]

From the moment Maroon opened his eyes he knew something was wrong.

For one, he was staring at what seemed to be the sky when he was supposed to be staring at a grey ceiling. He shielded his eyes from the setting sun and sat up, which is where he encountered something that was wrong #2 - his head felt way too light. Upon trying to stand up, Maroon encountered numbers 3 and 4 of what was wrong: his leg sent shockwaves of pain through his body and worst of all, he was covered in sand.

Ugh – sand – he thought to himself. He hated sand. Not only is it rough, coarse and uncomfortable, but it also gets everywhere and it takes forever to preen the individual grains out of one’s feathers. It looked like he was going to have to take a shower, which he also hated because it took forever to dry out his feathers. Lose-lose situation, he thought to himself!

[Image: ME218xd.jpg]

But his mind snapped back to the crisis at hand when his eyes finally adjusted to the brightness of his current location, which seemed to be a… desert? Wait, where was he? He turned around only to face the far-off smoldering wreckage of the ship he was supposed to be the captain of. It all came rushing back to him – the engine explosion, the red klaxons wailing... he and his ship crash-landed on some barren desert planet!!!

[Image: FPrYayS.jpg]

Spoiler :
Hey everyone! This is my first forum adventure, so please bear with me and any possible lengthy periods without any updates. But I do really want to tell this story and I guarantee it will be finished, one way or another.

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 09:50 PM by awkwardcarapace.)
12-30-2016 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #2
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Mar 2013
>Welp, they're probably dead. Flop down and wait for your turn.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
12-30-2016 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #3
One Punch Kill

Offline
Posts: 922
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Big Apple or Bright Orange
> Remember what each member looked like.

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
12-30-2016 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #4
 

Offline
Posts: 122
Joined: Apr 2016
Location: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
(12-30-2016 07:18 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote:  > Remember what each member looked like.
> Check the wreckage

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
12-30-2016 07:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #5
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
Everyone's not dead. It'd be silly if everyone were dead. Go check out the ship and see if you can find all the definitely not dead crew members!

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
12-30-2016 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenMeanZombieQueen
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #6
 

Offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Jun 2016
Location: in constant fear
>Go back to the ship, and check the wreckage! If there's no survivors, maybe there's still some things you can salvage.
12-30-2016 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #7
 

Offline
Posts: 181
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: DEATH SAUSAGE
>Search for pals

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
12-30-2016 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heyoceama
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #8
 

Offline
Posts: 619
Joined: Jan 2016
> See what you have on you.

"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
12-30-2016 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eerr
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #9
 

Offline
Posts: 66
Joined: Nov 2016
>Find a faithful Arma.
12-30-2016 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kíeros
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #10
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

Offline
Posts: 2,726
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
> Head towards the wreckage. If any others survived, they'll probably be closer to the ship.

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
12-30-2016 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Futurdreamz
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #11
 

Offline
Posts: 168
Joined: Nov 2015
>WHOOP in panic
12-30-2016 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #12
 

Offline
Posts: 411
Joined: Dec 2016
>[Image: 01eb9800-cb9e-11e6-bd0f-19b906fb0ef3.gif]

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
12-30-2016 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #13
 

Offline
Posts: 346
Joined: Nov 2015
>Remember what happened to the pasta

[Image: egg003.png?raw=1][Image: egg001.png?raw=1][Image: egg008.png?raw=1][Image: egg009.png?raw=1]
12-31-2016 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Papers
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #14
 

Offline
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Dec 2014
haha, youve been marooned

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
01-01-2017 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: [Farther]: I - Beginning
Post: #15
 

Online
Posts: 293
Joined: Apr 2016
(12-30-2016 12:12 PM)eerr Wrote:  >Find a faithful Arma.

Seconding this. Every successful Aftik needs a grumpy Arma buddy.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
01-01-2017 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
awkwardcarapace
 [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #16
York Upyup

Offline
Posts: 307
Joined: Jan 2016
Location: 2003
(12-30-2016 07:17 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote:  >Welp, they're probably dead. Flop down and wait for your turn.

[Image: bPD4JhA.jpg]

(12-30-2016 07:21 AM)AABowser Wrote:  Everyone's not dead. It'd be silly if everyone were dead. Go check out the ship and see if you can find all the definitely not dead crew members!
(12-30-2016 07:23 AM)GreenMeanZombieQueen Wrote:  >Go back to the ship, and check the wreckage! If there's no survivors, maybe there's still some things you can salvage.

[Image: WLMOkrP.jpg]

Nono, can't be thinking thoughts like that. A good captain should always look on the bright side of the situation...

Maroon tackled the situation logically. Surely if there were any survivors of the crash they’d be hanging around the wreck, right…? There had to be survivors… he was the weakest of the bunch, he thought, and by that logic there had to be someone else left alive.

[Image: mFS7TEG.jpg]

And sure enough...

[Image: TAuziZU.gif]

[Image: No7aNxI.jpg]

[Image: VRN0iZD.jpg]

[Image: vA0pp7r.jpg]

[Image: 7JAjywQ.jpg]

[Image: njJDJP8.jpg]

[Image: Y0vV2hR.jpg]

[Image: zHdfgjG.jpg]

[Image: Xc7HrG5.jpg]

[Image: bP7OXAc.jpg]

[Image: VV1ppsL.jpg]

[Image: LJnp4PX.jpg]

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
01-05-2017 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #17
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Mar 2013
>Explore the wreckage of your ship.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-05-2017 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heyoceama
 RE: [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #18
 

Offline
Posts: 619
Joined: Jan 2016
> Maroon: Loot the ship and see if you can find/make some shelter.

> Andy: Scout the surrounding area. You're a robot so you don't need to worry about dehydration/starvation or exhaustion.

"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 09:30 PM by Heyoceama.)
01-05-2017 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #19
 

Online
Posts: 293
Joined: Apr 2016
>Maroon: Lie down and save your strength. Try to think what might have caused the explosion?
>Andromeda: Use your robo sensors to pick out life signals. Find way more than you'd expect. Way, way more.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
01-05-2017 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AABowser
 RE: [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #20
Insignificant Individual

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Nov 2015
Location: Norway
>Sit back and make the robot do all the work.

Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
01-05-2017 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
awkwardcarapace
 [Farther]: III - Scout
Post: #21
York Upyup

Offline
Posts: 307
Joined: Jan 2016
Location: 2003
(12-30-2016 08:16 AM)Heyoceama Wrote:  > See what you have on you.
(01-05-2017 06:13 PM)Heyoceama Wrote:  Loot the ship and see if you can find/make some shelter.
(01-05-2017 09:21 PM)tronn Wrote:  >Maroon: Lie down and save your strength. Try to think what might have caused the explosion?

[Image: xZiQZ1j.jpg]

[Image: fJvEALr.jpg]

[Image: pCjBeri.jpg]

[Image: zdjc8XW.jpg]

[Image: FO7sCwg.jpg]

Andromeda headed into the wreckage of the ship, turning up the brightness of his monitor to illuminate the hallway ahead of him. What was once a warmly lit hallway was now eerily dark...

Andromeda has five inventory slots that he can securely place items in, but one of them is being used (in it is a navy jacket that has the words "RIDING ON THE WAVES OF FORTUNE" on it) so there are four spaces left. He can also hold as many things as he wants in his arms to get back to Maroon, provided it isn't too much to juggle.

Although Andromeda doesn't know the ship like the back of his hand, he does vaguely remember the rooms present in the ship.

Spoiler :
1. The cockpit
2. The "living room" (includes kitchen + pantry)
3. Maroon's room
4. Andromeda's room
5. Ray's room
6. ???'s room
7. ???'s room
8. Storage area

Vote on which rooms to check out!

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 05:43 PM by awkwardcarapace.)
01-09-2017 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: [Farther]: II - Flop
Post: #22
 

Offline
Posts: 181
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: DEATH SAUSAGE
>Check out the storage area, maybe there'll be medical supplies for Maroon

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
01-09-2017 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: [Farther]: III - Scout
Post: #23
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Mar 2013
>You should probably start with Ray's room, make sure he's not dead. Or maybe make sure he is. Either way.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-09-2017 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: [Farther]: III - Scout
Post: #24
 

Online
Posts: 293
Joined: Apr 2016
>Check Ray's and other crew members' rooms first to see if they're alive or in need of help. Then raid the pantry!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
01-09-2017 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmdrcade
 RE: [Farther]: III - Scout
Post: #25
 

Offline
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: Inteliga
>Check the crew members rooms and the living room for survivors, then raid the storage area for medical supplies.

[Image: 7JIzuZD.png] [Image: zheWmN3.png]
[Image: 1if6xIM.png]
01-09-2017 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply