Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
Reforge
Author Message
vie
 Reforge
Post: #1
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
Hello, Eagle Time!
Reforge is a fantasy-rpg-ish adventure that I started somewhere completely different quite a while ago. That community has since faded away, so I decided to continue the adventure here. I’m planning on reposting the old stuff on a mirror at some point, but for now I’ve made a recap that ideally should cover just about everything; you shouldn’t need to read the archive to read or suggest. The rest of this first post is the contents of the last two updates from the old site.

RECAP:
Spoiler :
[Image: 6QEaUfX.png]

[Image: jp2ZcVp.gif]

[Image: ujfLycG.png]

[Image: pjCbggK.png]

[Image: ly346AK.png]

[Image: isS4SfV.png]

[Image: yDvXoMP.png]


Back in the present...
[Image: oMT5PZ8.png]

[Image: GCocpWw.png]

[Image: dTLIKbK.png]
You are now this guy again.

>Blue man group: Check status of your position over the bridge.
[Image: N7jcyGE.png]
Yeah, you're all the way through.

[Image: c78UHsK.png]

[Image: aSsLSka.png]
You guess that's referring to those bugs that attacked you earlier? Really helpful to put that warning all the way back here, just great, so informative! Territorial? Wow, really? You hadn't noticed.
You are beginning hate this guy's style of 'guidance'.

What do you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
01-10-2017 02:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Reforge
Post: #2
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,399
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
go the way the arrow's not pointing
01-10-2017 02:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #3
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Jan 2017
Make sure the bugs aren't going to ambush you again.
01-10-2017 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Reforge
Post: #4
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,537
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Nippon
Maybe if you wore your cloak over your face less you'd have an easier time watching out for things

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
01-10-2017 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #5
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
(01-10-2017 09:31 AM)Schazer Wrote:  Maybe if you wore your cloak over your face less you'd have an easier time watching out for things
[Image: 3TZjH7U.png]
UM, this is a FASHION STATEMENT, thanks.

(01-10-2017 09:06 AM)frostward Wrote:  Make sure the bugs aren't going to ambush you again.
[Image: LzeHEhF.png]
You aren't really sure how to do that. Earlier they just sort of jumped out from the magma, so maybe you just need to be careful around large flows of the stuff?

(01-10-2017 02:43 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  go the way the arrow's not pointing
[Image: 4FdAsJS.png]
Yeah! Nobody tells Firstname Lastname what to do except for short people with colorful cloaks who take your prized possessions!

[Image: KnX2gdA.png]
Looks like this area got messed up pretty bad by the explosions, and one side is completely blocked off by debris. That leaking pipe is also making you a little nervous, or at least slightly more nervous than you already were given this city's propensity towards putting railing-less walkways over molten rock. You can probably still go down the branch to the right, though.

What do you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
01-11-2017 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Reforge
Post: #6
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,399
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
what's that puddle
01-11-2017 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Reforge
Post: #7
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,537
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Nippon
lick leaking pipe's contents

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
01-11-2017 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Reforge
Post: #8
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: Mar 2013
>lightly sniff the contents of the pipe.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-12-2017 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kíeros
 RE: Reforge
Post: #9
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

Offline
Posts: 2,705
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
> Check what's leaking out of the pipe.

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
01-12-2017 05:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #10
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Jan 2017
Avoid the possible magma leak and go right.
01-12-2017 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #11
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
(01-11-2017 05:22 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  what's that puddle
[Image: pP4zxNy.png]
Yet more lava. It's leaking from that pipe overhead.

(01-12-2017 08:13 AM)frostward Wrote:  Avoid the possible magma leak and go right.
Yeah that sounds like a better idea than say, licking or sniffing it.

[Image: 4M3X0k4.png]
Just gonna move on by and not fall into the gaps because this place is a million workplace accidents waiting to happen.

[Image: nbmkFHC.png]

[Image: ZQK41nf.png]

[Image: 0bTTdiQ.png]

Woah.

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
01-17-2017 01:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: Reforge
Post: #12
 

Offline
Posts: 164
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: DEATH SAUSAGE
Are you in a dwarf fortress?

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
01-17-2017 02:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Reforge
Post: #13
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: Mar 2013
>Are the things on the console small fires or crystals?

>If the latter, Fiddle with the console with wild abandon.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-17-2017 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #14
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Jan 2017
Grab your first weapon: The Wrench
01-18-2017 06:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Reforge
Post: #15
 

Offline
Posts: 284
Joined: Apr 2016
>Uh oh is that somebody's arm? Why is it glowing?
>Recover the SPANNER, for all your spanning needs.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
01-18-2017 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #16
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
(01-17-2017 02:31 AM)Dorsidwarf Wrote:  Are you in a dwarf fortress?
I mean, you aren't sure what a Dwarf is, so it's possible? This city was just the first place you found with people in it after you woke up, and then you went into its weird fiery underbelly on the dubious guidance of a random stranger.

(01-17-2017 07:59 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote:  >Are the things on the console small fires or crystals?

>If the latter, Fiddle with the console with wild abandon.
[Image: 4MJbCjM.png]
The ones on the main inclined surface are tiny flames. On the right side, they emit from a series of shallow depressions, each labelled with some sort of acronym or code. On the other side, they hover at various points over lines etched into the metal. Part of this console looks familiar- you think this part with the rings in the middle might be the center of the city, although those lines seem a little off if they're meant to represent the streets.

[Image: b1PaRVr.gif]
These ones up top are crystals, though! However, they resist even your strongest fiddling techniques.

(01-18-2017 07:31 AM)tronn Wrote:  >Uh oh is that somebody's arm? Why is it glowing?
>Recover the SPANNER, for all your spanning needs.

[Image: i1FKn9d.png]
Wait, what?

...that is definitely an arm. It's not glowing though, it just has some bright bugs crawling around it.

(01-18-2017 06:22 AM)frostward Wrote:  Grab your first weapon: The Wrench

[Image: h6H8qf3.gif]
You got the SPANNER!

Yeah robbing this corpse feels a little weird.

What do you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
01-19-2017 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Reforge
Post: #17
 

Offline
Posts: 284
Joined: Apr 2016
>Look at the engine room below. Do you see an exit of some kind?

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
01-19-2017 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Reforge
Post: #18
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,399
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
HIT THE CONSOLE WITH THE WRENCH UNTIL IT WORKS GOOD
01-19-2017 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Reforge
Post: #19
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: Mar 2013
>Use the wrench to enhance your fiddling ability and fiddle the HECK outta that console.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
01-20-2017 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Reforge
Post: #20
 

Offline
Posts: 116
Joined: May 2016
Oh, here's a thought. Seeing as you are a fire mage (right?) what happens when fiddling with the lower console?

in absence of fire powers, try setting that stool on fire and using that
01-21-2017 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #21
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
(01-19-2017 09:18 PM)tronn Wrote:  >Look at the engine room below. Do you see an exit of some kind?
[Image: wnSO8dP.png]
The cavern is huge, and there's way too much haze to see very far, but you do your best. You can make out some other doors and rooms around, but everything's so smashed up you aren't sure if any are viable exits, or if you could even reach them from where you are now. As for the bottom, all the lava and debris seems to be falling down there, so you doubt that's a good place to be.

(01-21-2017 07:29 AM)Smurfton Wrote:  Oh, here's a thought. Seeing as you are a fire mage (right?) what happens when fiddling with the lower console?

in absence of fire powers, try setting that stool on fire and using that
Well as far as you know you aren't a fire mage, but then again you know essentially nothing about yourself so it's possible!
As far as special powers go, you accidentally shot water out of your hands earlier, which isn't a fire thing but is pretty neat you guess. Or maybe everyone can do that?
[Image: 1iSw7sN.png]
Anyway you try to set the stool on fire but the tiny flames just kind of singe it a bit.

(01-20-2017 12:34 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote:  >Use the wrench to enhance your fiddling ability and fiddle the HECK outta that console.
FIDDLETECH LV10: SPANNER IN THE WORKS
[Image: OeEkBY7.gif]
whoops

(01-19-2017 10:14 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  HIT THE CONSOLE WITH THE WRENCH UNTIL IT WORKS GOOD
[Image: a2KoR19.gif]
YOU ARE A PROBLEM SOLV-what was that

[Image: 7SozKmZ.png]

[Image: E5pDTz0.png]
UM... OKAY??

What do you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 01:23 AM by vie.)
01-22-2017 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Reforge
Post: #22
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,399
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
get up against the wall right next to the doorway so they can't see you before you attack
01-22-2017 07:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kíeros
 RE: Reforge
Post: #23
🌈🐙👽 (gay tentacle alien)

Offline
Posts: 2,705
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: ρ(∂v/∂t+v•∇v)= -∇p+∇•T+f
> Brandish yon spanner menacingly

🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
01-22-2017 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #24
 

Offline
Posts: 20
Joined: Jan 2017
Attempt to climb the rubble for a vantage point
01-24-2017 03:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #25
 

Online
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 2016
(01-22-2017 07:32 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  get up against the wall right next to the doorway so they can't see you before you attack
(01-24-2017 03:20 AM)frostward Wrote:  Attempt to climb the rubble for a vantage point
[Image: lGSTcWT.png]

(01-22-2017 08:51 PM)Kíeros Wrote:  > Brandish yon spanner menacingly
[Image: I8oNf2B.png]
You enter your most brandish-ready stance!

...and nothing happens

[Image: Ry8imrj.png]
Nothing comes through the doorway, and the noises have stopped apart from the sound of tearing metal.
At least this pile of rubble turned out to be good for something other than filling up the room. Really, if this structure is built like the other boxes you saw coming off the walls of the large cavern, you're surprised it's still hanging on with this much material collapsed into it!

What do you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
01-26-2017 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply