Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
Reforge
Author Message
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #101
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(06-17-2017 02:39 AM)frostward Wrote:  Imagine a creepy clown as your answer to green sleeves.
[Image: AqmSjIL.png]
?????: Maybe I'd wake up if I saw like. A creepy clown?
'Greensleeves': What's a clown?
?????: Not sure. Some sort of exotic fruit maybe?
'Greensleeves': But... creepy?
?????: It could have an evil face.
'Greensleeves': An evil face.
?????: Yeah.
...
?????: Come ON, you're me, how come you get to look down on my ideas!?
'Greensleeves': Just calling it like I see it, dude.


[Image: FlcEOmE.png]
'Greensleeves': That was kind of a useful answer, though. So you'd wake up if something scared you, you think?
?????: Sure?
?????: Wait- Do you hear that?
'Greensleeves': Hey.
'Greensleeves': Buddy.


[Image: yuuWBSh.png]

[Image: slGLdu1.png]
ARGH FACE BUGS
You are now awake.

[Image: W8UQoZW.png]
Oh. Guess that explains that then.

[Image: eLz5l18.png]
ARGH FACE BUGS

Meanwhileago,
[Image: DaTLn3Y.png]
Back across the ocean...

[Image: aTgXeH4.png]

[Image: nW00OTf.gif]
Spoiler :
[Image: OOt0W0s.png]
You are now Donella.

[Image: DbKo2QO.png]

[Image: nW00OTf.gif]
Spoiler :
[Image: ObOAwgb.png]
You and Aeron have finally made it to the city nearest your home, only to find it seemingly closed off. You've just tried to get someone's attention, but to no apparent effect. You haven't seen anyone around around yet. Is that coincidence? You only just got here. Has something happened inside?

There's someone you have to meet inside. What do you do?

Spoiler :
(06-17-2017 05:58 AM)Smurfton Wrote:  You have a broken image on page 16 of the mirror.
Are you sure it isn't an issue on your end? I don't see it.

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
06-19-2017 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #102
 

Offline
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2017
Ask Aeron to jump the wall
06-22-2017 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #103
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(06-22-2017 09:46 AM)frostward Wrote:  Ask Aeron to jump the wall
[Image: IbKKhh4.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: cLmpDBc.png]
Donella: Aeron!
Aeron: whuh
Donella: Your jumping spell! Can you get on top of the wall? Maybe you could see what's going on.
Aeron: I...

[Image: Ri1XOn1.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: 9fw2gps.png]
Aeron: Yes. I can make it.
Aeron: I won't be able to- hff- take us both, though.
Aeron: ...give me a moment.

[Image: vzhE3gP.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: FnoqKFm.png]

[Image: uKzijH1.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: MFKGh9F.png]

[Image: O2eiaol.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: cUXcfnm.png]
You are now Aeron.
Fuck that hurt.

[Image: ibULTyE.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: ML1wXwK.png]
That wasn't your smoothest landing. But you made it, somehow. And you can take a look around now. You'll be fine. You're only resting for a second. You'd say you were taking a breather but breathing isn't going so well for you right now, by virtue of it makes your everything hurt even more.

[Image: TkCvtuu.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: kFXkvnp.png]
Wait- there are people up here! There's someone right next to you, even, but they haven't reacted at all.

What in the world is going on?
And what will you do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
06-24-2017 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Reforge
Post: #104
S. L. GG Esq.

Online
Posts: 318
Joined: Mar 2013
>Give them a firm poke.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
06-24-2017 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #105
 

Offline
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2017
Remember that the blue lady managed to lose sight of you even though she looked right at you and Donella.
06-27-2017 12:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #106
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(06-24-2017 10:25 PM)SirBlizz98 Wrote:  >Give them a firm poke.
[Image: q92vE9X.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: CJGlbMZ.png]

[Image: uxXr81J.png]
Guard: WARGH!
Spoiler :
[Image: 0QiZlLb.png]

(06-27-2017 12:05 AM)frostward Wrote:  Remember that the blue lady managed to lose sight of you even though she looked right at you and Donella.
[Image: oWuMiD6.png]
Guard: ...bro. What are you even doing.
Guard: I- I thought I felt- ehhhhh?
Guard: Look I don't know, okay? I'm just kind of on edge over here I guess!

Guard: You're a fuckin' mess bro.
Spoiler :
[Image: 6aywykN.png]
Right. 'Cyan' was actively trying to kill and/or capture you, but suddenly she just...
stopped. She couldn't just not see you, it was like she forgot you even existed.
Maybe the same thing is happening here. It seems like nobody can notice you, and the guard reacted to being touched but doesn't seem to know why.

If only you had some more permanent way of interacting with them. Or knew what was causing this at all.

Hmmm. What to do?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
06-27-2017 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Reforge
Post: #107
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 52
Joined: Apr 2017
Location: The Isle of Manhattan
Utilize Morse code
06-29-2017 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #108
 

Offline
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2017
Write on the wall, with scratches or something, like a ghost.
06-30-2017 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #109
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(06-29-2017 03:35 AM)Swirly Wrote:  Utilize Morse code
[Image: WbmVJsx.png]
Guard: Can you blame me with that- THING- out there? I think a huge glowing tower showing up in the valley is a pretty good reason to be freaking out!
Guard: It-
Guard: And shouldn't the scouts have come back by now? Is everyone we sent just DEAD?
Guard: Bro-
Guard: And what DID this? Why? What did it even do!? It's obviously some spirit but nobody's telling us which one or anything about it- do they not know or-

Spoiler :
[Image: 1sOf59x.png]
You try tapping out a message on the wall, but there's no reaction. You guess they can't hear any noises you make or something like that? Which would explain your inability to get anyone's attention from the ground. Or maybe they just haven't noticed over this guy's panicked ranting.

(06-30-2017 10:36 AM)frostward Wrote:  Write on the wall, with scratches or something, like a ghost.
[Image: UjGl6tr.png]
Guard: Bro. Deep breath. Okay. Can we, right now, do anything about this that we aren't already doing?
Guard: ...
Guard: No.

Guard: No, we can't.
Guard: I just-
Guard: Wait. What's-


Spoiler :
[Image: J3jumIw.png]
They can't see or hear you, but perhaps they could see something you write? You don't exactly have a precision instrument, but you should still be able to scratch out a small message.

[Image: yCcfpFr.png]
Guard: OH MY GODS IT'S A GHOST
Guard: ...that's not how ghosts work.

Spoiler :
So you found a way to communicate, but you'd prefer to actually get some useful help rather than just spook this guard more.

You've got to get into the city and see the vizier- to deliver Donella to safety and to share what you know about the situation. Getting this guy to stop yelling would be a plus.

What should you write? It'll have to be pretty short.

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
07-01-2017 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frostward
 RE: Reforge
Post: #110
 

Offline
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2017
"Open Gate"
07-02-2017 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Reforge
Post: #111
 

Offline
Posts: 128
Joined: May 2016
Definitely finish the word HELP before they decide it means HELL. Write "INVISIBLE, OPEN GATE?"

If you're more artsy or that doesn't fit, draw a ghost, cross it out, draw an eye and cross it out, draw an ear and cross it out, then draw an open gate. Clearly they will understand.
07-02-2017 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #112
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(07-02-2017 10:18 PM)frostward Wrote:  "Open Gate"
(07-02-2017 10:20 PM)Smurfton Wrote:  Definitely finish the word HELP before they decide it means HELL. Write "INVISIBLE, OPEN GATE?" If you're more artsy or that doesn't fit, draw a ghost, cross it out, draw an eye and cross it out, draw an ear and cross it out, then draw an open gate. Clearly they will understand.
[Image: tEzGkNl.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: uyIOWnE.png]
Right. You got a little distracted there.
Just stating your purpose plainly does sound best.
Drawing it out might be faster, though.

[Image: qrC4XG7.gif]
Guard: There's more words happening! Get a better angle, I can't see it!
Guard: Hold on. Let me try something.

[Image: ZBtvaeT.png]
Guard: Nothing? That doesn't...
Guard: Did you find it? With your light stuff? Do you know where it oh my gods it's TALKING TO US WHAT DO WE DO
Guard: Okay, hold up.
Guard: And get off, please.

Spoiler :
[Image: oifpxbM.png]
For the gods' sake, why can't they make this easier?

[Image: EFqIMPN.png]
Guard: Go get Marie and tell her what's going on.
Guard: Wait- do you need- like- uh-
Guard: It'll be fine, just go.

[Image: ZTmcQnL.png]
Guard: Aright. Now. Whatever's here with me, I'm going to need some answers.
Guard: Even if I had the authority to open this gate I wouldn't do it for some unknown entity that, for some ungodly fuckin' reason, despite being apparently invisible, doesn't even read as concealed to my magic.
Guard: I’d love to 'help', but I need more to go on here. And I need a reason to trust you.


Spoiler :
That didn’t quite get the cooperation you wanted. Seems like you’ll need to think up something more to persuade this guy. At least it seems that you did get a higher up involved, hopefully someone who actually has the authority to open the gate.

Your injury, your exhaustion, and that magic you’ve used are starting to catch up with you, though. Would it be better to keep talking to this guard? Or to wait and see if more important people show up? Will you be able to convince anyone with words at all, or should you just quit and try finding another way to get this gate open?

You wish you knew what was doing this to you. You wish this were over.

Meanwhile (for real this time),
[Image: Ux0eTMF.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: ZrAovqy.png]
So the jar started doing this.

What will either of you do?
Spoiler :
I am back from vacation, also, very tired so lmk if there;s more typos or stuff makes less sense than ususal

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
07-10-2017 04:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Reforge
Post: #113
S. L. GG Esq.

Online
Posts: 318
Joined: Mar 2013
>Donella: Prod the suspiciously flaring magical item.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
07-10-2017 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Reforge
Post: #114
 

Offline
Posts: 128
Joined: May 2016
ANY LIGHT EXCEPTION?
if he doesn't have answers, NOT NOTICE? LARGE POWER?

GIVE PAPER?

Leave your sword on the ground and walk away from it.

Donella: (while still holding up the jar), you sure do hope that the nice people will see you waiting and let you in. Really truly.
You might also hope this jar stops doing whatever thing it's doing. While you're at it, think about how cool it is when magic items do not explode.
If hoping somehow does not fix your problems, you might want to carefully set the jar down and go to a safe distance.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 07:01 PM by Smurfton.)
07-10-2017 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vie
 RE: Reforge
Post: #115
 

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
(07-10-2017 03:51 PM)Smurfton Wrote:  Leave your sword on the ground and walk away from it.
[Image: 8frv7SL.png]
Guard: Is anyone still... there?
Spoiler :
[Image: dBWrVCn.png]
You toss down your sword and start backing away, but it doesn't seem to escape from whatever effect is keeping people from noticing you.
(07-10-2017 09:24 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote:  >Donella: Prod the suspiciously flaring magical item.
[Image: cP4QCqB.gif]
Spoiler :
[Image: Zsg9vfV.gif]

[Image: 9cTKuPG.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: YuVzbEg.png]
Uhhhhh. Whatever this thing is doing, you're starting to think it might be dangerous.

(07-10-2017 03:51 PM)Smurfton Wrote:  Donella: (while still holding up the jar), you sure do hope that the nice people will see you waiting and let you in. Really truly.
You might also hope this jar stops doing whatever thing it's doing. While you're at it, think about how cool it is when magic items do not explode.
Spoiler :
If only it could be as easy as just hoping.
[Image: u0Gr15I.png]
The guard inhales sharply.
Wait, can he-

[Image: roBAyVB.png]
Guard: WHAT THE FUCK

[Image: 3R59WiG.png]
It is several minutes later.

You're about to meet with the vizier, get some answers, and get this situation under control.
As your father's right hand, or more accurately his mouthpiece, your vizier is technically responsible for acting in his absence. But make no mistake. You're in charge here.

You are authority by right of birth. Since entering Teneogris, what have you done, and what have you ordered to be done?

[Image: mPuUNu3.gif]
MIRROR | DISCUSSION
07-17-2017 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply