☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Void Girl
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

insist on calling antlers "antler's"
04-22-2017 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SneakyRobot

"Listen Geri we're not trying to be troublemakers, we just have suspicions that Antlers here might be malevolent & we don't know how to prove either malevolence or innocence."
04-22-2017 02:59 PM
tronn

(04-22-2017 02:59 PM)SneakyRobot Wrote:  "Listen Geri we're not trying to be troublemakers, we just have suspicions that Antlers here might be malevolent & we don't know how to prove either malevolence or innocence."

Eh, he clearly has power over this place. If Antlers wanted to hurt Geri he would've already done so.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
04-22-2017 07:20 PM
infuriatingCrimson

(04-22-2017 07:20 PM)tronn Wrote:  Eh, he clearly has power over this place. If Antlers wanted to hurt Geri he would've already done so.

...Remind me why we are trying to piss him off again? Cause him hurting Geri because of our stupidity is a real thing. He may not want to yet, but that doesn't mean he won't change his mind.

Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 08:18 PM by infuriatingCrimson.)
04-22-2017 08:17 PM
BreadProduct

Speaking of which, why is Antlers here in the first place? Ah he probably will say it's classified.
04-22-2017 08:51 PM
Tuesday

Spoiler :
It's probably too early to ask since we haven't wrapped up the first scene yet, but can you guys see a discussion thread in the future? :0 Not that I mind everyone talking here, I'm just curious if you'd be into a Q&A, speculation etc. thread for yourselves :>
04-22-2017 09:39 PM
SneakyRobot

I'm not trying to protect Geri from immediate harm. It's just that the author is dropping little hints that Antlers might be up to no good. If we release him from his prison & he turns out to be a big bad, than it'll be all our fault.
04-22-2017 10:45 PM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

(04-22-2017 09:39 PM)Tuesday Wrote:  
Spoiler :
It's probably too early to ask since we haven't wrapped up the first scene yet, but can you guys see a discussion thread in the future? :0 Not that I mind everyone talking here, I'm just curious if you'd be into a Q&A, speculation etc. thread for yourselves :>
Go for it! I think a discussion thread would be particularly useful for people who want to discuss without also making it a suggestion.
04-22-2017 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday

Void Girl Discussion Thread Ayyy

Well, here you go! I never really specified at the beginning of the adventure, but any story-relevant talk here is presumed to be in-character internal debate among Geno's parts, so feel free to talk anything you don't want influencing the narrative to this thread.

Have a good time!
04-22-2017 11:47 PM
Tuesday

Quote:> Apologize normally

GENO
"We're sorry. We really think we might be damaged. Some of us are on edge, and rash actions can be taken without the confirmation of others."

ANTLERS
"One can tell. Now then, Geri. Are you still willing to create the portal?"

She nods, more enthusiastically than she might have before you put a fresh fracture in your already delicate relationship by your stunning belligerence. One imagines she trusts herself more than she trusts you right now--and that's saying something.

GERI
"The worst that can happen is literally nothing, right? I'll try."

Quote:> Justify yourself to Geri

GENO
"Wait! Listen, Geri. We're not trying to be troublemakers, we just have suspicions that..."

Quote:> Abort explanation; if Antlers wanted to hurt Geri he'd already have done it

You trail off, your parts questioning the point of explaining at all. This is Antlers' territory, and with all the power being the sole ruler of an entire pocket dimension allows, he could've obliterated Geri the minute you showed up.

Besides, you don't think Geri is in the mood for debate right now.

Quote:> Encourage the heck out of Geri

GENO
"You can do this, Geri. After all, you accidentally transferred us here. That alone proves how great you are. If you put your all into this, there's no way you can fail!"

A reluctant half-smile tugs at her mouth. She seems fond of this reasonable, supportive part of you, even if the violent bits have worn on her patience.

GERI
"Thanks, reasonable-adult-side-of-Geno. You're good people. Bird-liches. Bears? Whatever."

She rolls her shoulders, stretches her arms high above her head. Limbers up like a gymnast preparing to somersault over a bar.

GERI
"If that's all..."

*jams the 'pause' button so hard*
(or: break time with tuesday)

Spoiler :
Oh-kay! I hecked up my drawing wrist in a small accident, and the upcoming update's supposed to be a video, so I'm gonna take the next couple days to churn out the second half to this update.

This is my first time running a forum adventure that isn't pretending to be a point 'n' click RPG! You might've noticed the changing art, text formatting, etc. and I hope it's not too distracting. I don't think Void Girl will ever become an asset-centric thing so bear with me while I nail down an aesthetic.

Now that we're on our way out of this void, for better or worse, is there anything you'd like me to try (mechanically or story-wise) in the coming scene? There are a number of plot points in my head I'd like to hit eventually, but I want y'all to have as much sway (within reason) over the adventure's direction as possible between them.

If you don't particularly want to see anything, feel free to give general speculation/commentary/whatevvs, man. Void Girl now has a discussion thread for all these shenanigans (see previous post)!!!
04-23-2017 01:46 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

(04-23-2017 01:46 AM)Tuesday Wrote:  If you don't particularly want to see anything,

strike our proxy character blind and deaf as soon as we go through the gate
04-23-2017 03:06 AM
SC
The Hoip of Hoips

Use a cool music track. Probably from Madeon or something. That, and make sure to title drop and drop "TUESDAY PRESENTS" "AN EAGLE-TIME PRODUCTION" before the title drop in question.

04-23-2017 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth Monlek
Maroon mess

do whatever you want, just add a bird with 3 legs somewhere as an easter egg or somethin.

(・◡・)
04-23-2017 03:01 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

(04-23-2017 03:22 AM)SC Wrote:  Use a cool music track. Probably from Madeon or something. That, and make sure to title drop and drop "TUESDAY PRESENTS" "AN EAGLE-TIME PRODUCTION" before the title drop in question.

throw in a "mike will made it" or a "damn son where'd you find this"
04-23-2017 03:44 PM
SC
The Hoip of Hoips

(04-23-2017 03:44 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  
(04-23-2017 03:22 AM)SC Wrote:  Use a cool music track. Probably from Madeon or something. That, and make sure to title drop and drop "TUESDAY PRESENTS" "AN EAGLE-TIME PRODUCTION" before the title drop in question.

throw in a "mike will made it" or a "damn son where'd you find this"

i like how this guy thinks

04-23-2017 05:58 PM
typeandkey

Geri's portal is just so darn impressive that both Antlers' and Geno's collective (and metaphorical) jaws drop.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
04-23-2017 08:22 PM
Tuesday

I'm at the 'trying to assemble a motion comic in After Effects' stage, looking forward to attempting to draw an impressive portal. Keyword being 'attempting'. :'D

Also, the canon height chart I whipped up (with the Photoshop line tool lmao) a couple days ago!

[Image: Antlers%20Geri%20Proportions.png?dl=0]

Geri was always supposed to be small -- I meant to set up a running gag about everyone mistaking her for like a human 14 year old -- but fiddling with the art so much made that... impossible to tell, haha.
04-23-2017 09:11 PM