Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Subforum for Adventure-Specific Discussion Threads
Dragon Fogel
 Subforum for Adventure-Specific Discussion Threads
The Goddamn Pacman

So it struck me tonight that if we collectively wanted to, we could just flat-out make a subforum where people can make discussion threads for a particular adventure and just talk all they want in there.

I think this would be fun even if it doesn't see a ton of activity. Anyone else have thoughts on why this would be a good/terrible/other idea, or how best to organize the subforum if we add it?

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
04-16-2017 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SC
 RE: Subforum for Adventure-Specific Discussion Threads
The Hoip of Hoips

I really really dig this idea. Why not call it something like "Metaventureocalypse" or something like that?

04-16-2017 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

could do that
right now, I don't think there's a rule against making discussion threads in the adventure subforum and the thread has a discussion tag.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
04-16-2017 09:11 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

adventure discussion isn't this huge thing that need to be sluiced off out of the suggestion threads like we're writing the drunk cat adventure. in fact it barely exists at all right now in any adventure
04-16-2017 04:22 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

I agree that not much discussion is happening, but that could very well be because we don't have a specific place for it.

And if we did it and it didn't see much use, well, I don't see that actually being a bad thing.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
04-16-2017 04:44 PM
BreadProduct

I can agree if there was a subforum for meta adventure talk I would use it.
04-16-2017 08:26 PM
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

Don't we already have a thread for FA art and discussion somewhere? We could just revive that thread.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
04-16-2017 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

That's general discussion, not a sustained in-depth discussion on one specific adventure.

Talking in there's always good, though.

04-16-2017 10:20 PM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

Having the space could help build the community around other adventures. Kind of a "if you build it they will come" model.

Maybe we could do a trial run for a month and if there isn't a certain amount of content we just merge all the threads into a discussion mega thread.
04-17-2017 01:24 AM
Robust Laser
spoopybug

i really don't think a single mega discussion thread will very useful. I mean, okay, maybe you see what other people are talking about and be like 'oh that sounds interesting' but in practice it's a bunch of people talking about something you have no clue about while you're talking about something else.

[Image: egg009.png?raw=1] PowerfulFriendly Baby[Image: egg009.png?raw=1] Also this? [Image: rTyHuiB.png]
04-17-2017 02:00 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

I've got no real ish with setting one up as long as we don't call it some variant of Meta, because when we did that on the forums eventually "forum adventures of a meta nature" also ended up in it.

Which was p fun honestly but I would prefer to call the Eagle Time edition "FA Discussion Zone" or the like.

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
04-17-2017 02:43 AM
bigro
Please explain

Could shift the critique sticky to it also if it happens.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 09:03 AM by bigro.)
04-17-2017 09:03 AM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

(04-17-2017 01:24 AM)btp Wrote:  Maybe we could do a trial run for a month and if there isn't a certain amount of content we just merge all the threads into a discussion mega thread.

In my experience, this is a pretty good way of handling things, though I would go longer than a month. In the beginning there will be lots of use, but sometime down the road, there's (theoretically) just going to be a subforum where nobody has posted in the last month - and that's a key sign that the plan doesn't really need to be in place.

But again, you can make the argument that having infrastructure in place for this sort of thing is better than not having it at all.

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
04-19-2017 02:21 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

It's up! I agree we should have a look at usage a month or so from now and see where we're at.

eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
04-19-2017 02:43 PM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

I would remove the thread rating system, if that was put there intentionally; it makes sense in a place like hawkspace, but in the potential passion project zone, that's asking for trouble

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
04-19-2017 04:43 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Oh whoops yeah that's a setting I forgot to turn off hang on

04-19-2017 09:55 PM