Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

[TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna
Futurdreamz
 [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna

One is blind, so One has installed the Assistive Devices Mod which turns Fortuna into a text only adventure. As recommended by the ADM developers, One has also installed the simplify mod that replaces all AIs and ships with Aboriginal spirit animals, and simplified the rules a little.

One is currently preparing for the tutorial run, which defaults to Otter as the patron. The patron will be the AI for the the ship, so the ship has already been selected.

OTTER PERKS:
Low Difficulty level
Crew fully recover from all injuries and illnesses when reentering ship
Food never spoils
Crew will not encounter an impossible situation

#Otter: "Welcome to Fortuna! An absolutely fun escape into a world of excitement! With legend-"

#One: "Sorry but can you keep it brief? I already have a general idea about what the game is, and I'm using a text to speech mod and you're just going on and on..."

#Otter: "...alright, you're going to miss out on a lot of stuff but I'll try to keep it brief. First you have to choose a captain - species, gender, attributes, etc. Don't worry about using a precise 1-10 scale or drawing anything, I'll sort it all out."

>One:
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 07:50 PM by Futurdreamz.)
04-17-2017 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gimeurcookie
 RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna
One Punch Kill

> Delphik, Randomize pronouns for characters, [Clumsy] [Stylish] [Cunning], Is really fast, kind of smart, but is easily killed.

[Image: RhyLb1v.gif] [Image: Ap86zVU.png][Image: rUjQHSK.png][Image: eKvqgTn.png]
04-18-2017 12:45 AM
Dorsidwarf

>Delphik, her, very smart

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
04-18-2017 07:03 AM
Futurdreamz

#One: "I'd like my captain to be a Delphik, and I want her to be quick and clever."

#Otter: "Alright, I'll fill in the details and submit the result -"

"Automatically adding [Blind Clairvoyant] Trait"

#Otter: "...huh, that was weird. I suppose it's part of that mod that -"

"Alert! Trait can only be applied to a single character. Submitted character is invalid."

#One: "What? What just happened?"

#Otter: "I'm... not really quite sure. One moment."
#Otter: "Ah, the Delphik defaults to a fusion with two heads. The 'Blind Clairvoyant' trait identifies them as two characters, but can only be applied to one character per game. Seems like it's a mandatory trait, so i can't submit a character without it..."

#One: "Otter?"

#Otter: "Seems that the species you picked will always be seen as two characters, even if unmerged. It looks like there are three options. I can add the [dissonance] trait, after which the [Blind Claryovent] trait will only be applied to one head. However, doing so makes the other head have a polar opposite personality. Or I can set an unpaired Delphik, however it's going to be preoccupied with it's impending death and have some social issues. Or you can pick a different spicies which only has one mind - even a Gondii would be accepted. What do you want to do?"

>ONE:
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 12:08 AM by Futurdreamz.)
04-19-2017 12:08 AM
awkwardcarapace

> Try adding the [Dissonance] trait.

[Image: vgvwv.png][Image: clyjz.png][Image: egg001.png?raw=1]
[Image: gmzzj.png]
04-20-2017 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf

>Maybe a Malrus instead. Good old malruses.

Tonal - A forum adventure with a robot
[Image: LSZ3lzZ.png]
04-20-2017 12:37 PM