Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

FADT ground rules and FADTDT
Schazer
 FADT ground rules and FADTDT
Patron Saint of Normcore

Dirtlaws. Earthedicts

This is a subforum for ETFA-specific discussion threads! (It's also the place to get advice in the vein of "how do I run/plan/start a forum adventure")

• Generally, adventure authors should be the OP of a given adventure's thread, but obviously it's up to the readers what you talk about as long as it's on-topic.
  • maybe hold off on making a thread though until you can gauge demand with your readers?
  • please stay on-topic within your thread! We have a fine selection of forums elsewhere on the forum for your shitposting and general chatter needs.
  • the above rule can be community-enforced with discretion - you don't need to direct every non-adventure zag to Hawkspace, but be reasonable and above all else, excellent to each other.
  • It's Dlorph!
  • Spoiler policy is on a thread-by-thread basis; if an author asks for [spoiler] tags around key plot points then do that.
    • New readers are probably best posting in the discussion thread that they're catching up and where they're at so far. It can be like a readalong!

Suggestions or discussion about this forum is also welcome in this particular thread!

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
04-19-2017 02:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: FADT ground rules and FADTDT
The Goddamn Pacman

One thing that just struck me is that people might be participating in the discussion threads while still working their way through the archives of longer adventures, like All-Night Laundry. So, in general it's good to be mindful of potential spoilers in your posts; both for the adventure and for other works you might be bringing up in the discussion for whatever reason.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
04-19-2017 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
Guy the Chap

I get not spoiling other adventures, but in regards to the adventure itself, what is there to discuss except spoilery stuff?
04-19-2017 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

It's more sensible for each thread to figure out their own policy for spoilers rather than setting hard and fast rules?

The best approach re new readers who are really averse to being spoiled would be: making themselves known in a discussion thread without reading through too much, then older readers who want to honor that can chuck stuff in "recent update" spoiler tags or the like until the new reader mentions they're caught up.

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
04-19-2017 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

I just noticed the description for this subforum and it's great.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
04-20-2017 04:52 AM