Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Tiny Chat People
tronn
 RE: Tiny Chat People

While the troll suggestions are easy for the author to ignore, the problem is that they still cause a lot of arguing among the readers. It would be for the best not to reply to them, but that's easier said than done :T

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
11-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dark Lord Graham

It should also be noted that if we side with Rein/Macaron there's a good chance we'll have to fight Fernando.
11-21-2017, 11:43 PM
tronn

That's assuming tiny cat people want to fight anyone to begin with, though.

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
11-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Vic
A big gay plant

In the woods somewhere.
I think it is also of note that we have no clue if Fernando actually went to Grind. For all we know, she could be wandering the tower maze cluelessly.
11-23-2017, 12:41 AM
Kitet
frog wife

cool planet
Due to the way forum adventures tend to be formatted, I haven't had a good chance to talk about this yet, so I'm gonna go ahead and talk about it here.

Tiny Cat People character fun facts!

While Macaron is my own character, I didn't come up with their initial design, before I'd decided to put them in this comic. I'd bought the design from the lovely Puck, go ahead and check out their art!

Grind and Rein aren't my own creations, either. They were both created by my good friend Rin Mortis, and Rin helps me with writing their dialogue.

Marzu actually is entirely my own character. She's (very loosely) adapted from the first tabletop RPG character I ever got to play. I'm glad I've found a more permanent home for this character.

Frog-Crimes is a mess, but you all already knew this.
12-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Wheat

might as well make replies besides my suggestion be in the not main thread, spoiled for long
Spoiler :

(12-16-2017, 08:14 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: We may be able to sway Macaron and make this a 4v1 if there's proof of Rein's active wrongdoing, thereby minimizing casualties.

in a 4v1 there's still risk to all of the teams of the 4.
Plus, if grind and rein want to use their tcps as soldiers then that's unavoidable and they can do that to each other. If rinzu, macaron and frogcrimes join in and use their tcps as soldiers, then that's 3 teams of tcps who unnecessarily have to be put through all the psychological damage of being in a position where you are willing to kill your fellow cat (and maybe acting on it).

(12-16-2017, 01:55 PM)RedGreenBlue Wrote: our little Fern."

They aren't ours anymore and also their name is prophet

i'd hope prophet keeps up their independent streak and is perceptive enough to sense that grind may be willing to use them as a solider/tool of justice to ends which they have no connection to, which is the thing they left in the first place for

McFrugal Wrote:They have personal differences with no proof on either side, so they shouldn't be getting other people involved.
I know we're in agreement but just a minor thought that I'm jumping off here:
I don't think it matters how much proof there is for either side (unless one of them has a slam-dunk case that their side will solve the actual problem), because either side is ancillary to the main problem. One side is disgusted that someone would work with spit, the other feels spit has excesses that they can curtail.

The main problem is Spit, and the secondary problem is that the rest of the main gods are too... let's say timid, to risk direct confrontation with spit. It's obvious what they should have done, or at least started planning, the second that Spit allegedly ate another god. But instead they pretend like they can just avoid the issue for the time being with all this political drama of how to
best handle-it-without-handling-it, instead of actually moving against Spit.

As for what our responsibility is? We don't have one yet. Moral responsibility for solving the problems of kingdoms/nations rests on the nations who started it and who will benefit the most from defeating a rival, not on the little people who are asked to serve on the ranks of a side and are given nothing but a "thanks" in return. Smaller actors in a proxy war (which this'd probably be) are the ones to suffer loss the most directly; we'd die, the major gods just lose a session *shrug*.

When we're old enough to have a stake in this world and enough experience to come to an informed decision, then either of them can start to expect us to take sides. But if we were only spawned to fill in the ranks of one side in a war between two factions, then we should reject the terms of this existence (as living would require perpetuating a system that's not worth fighting for). True justice cannot exist in a system built on an inflexible structural violence that fails to give its most vulnerable members a chance of their own.

if grind tries to @ us about a responsibility to justice to side against rein, i suggest replying with bits from the previous 3 paragraphs bc i first wrote that up as a direct "if grind says this" reply to grind in my main thread suggestion, but cut it cause it was getting long

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 05:48 AM by Wheat.)
12-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Dark Lord Graham

Grind is objectively correct about what needs to be done about Spit.

The true question is whether Rein is merely neglectful, or actively malicious.

If Rein is as dangerous as Spit, but is a 'villain with good publicity', they cannot be permitted to win.
12-17-2017, 11:01 PM
Jacquerel

That's a strong conclusion to draw based on the absolutely nothing at all we know about events that happened in the world outside of this game we were born into.
12-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(12-17-2017, 11:10 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: That's a strong conclusion to draw based on the absolutely nothing at all we know about events that happened in the world outside of this game we were born into.

We know that Spit is notorious for cruelty, and has killed another God. The consensus seems to be that Rein is tasked with keeping Spit reined in (get it), but it is also important to note that Rein is protecting Spit from execution in doing so. The question lies in what Rein's motivation for protecting Spit is.

Are they a naive innocent, blinded by idealism, thinking they can 'fix' a dangerous monster?
Or are they the puppetmaster, using Spit to eliminate a rival behind the curtains while playing the hero on stage?
12-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Jacquerel

Or are they correct?
12-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Dark Lord Graham

Unless the god Spit ate was just really into vore, that's doubtful.
12-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Jacquerel

Nobody here is saying that Spit didn’t eat someone, the difference of opinions the gods have is what should be done about it. As outsiders who know nothing except what we are told, with no unbiased parties involved or even still all that much context for anything not game related, we cannot form any kind of objective evaluation of who is actually correct.

Certainly, nobody else in the game holds as vehement an opinion as Grind, so I find it difficult to believe that Grind’s view must simply and objectively be the correct one.
It may also not be the wrong one, but if that was a simple conclusion to come to then Grind would have stronger supporters instead of mostly being alone in their beliefs.

I’m not coming out and saying either side is definitely right, I am just baffled at how you are drawing a line and saying “it’s clear that this is the guy who knows what is up” when I don’t think we can clearly know any such thing.

Plus, killing a God with little justification is not only something we could easily do accidentally it’s something that has repeatedly come up in our thread. It would be a little worrisome to get on the bad side of someone who might be understanding instead of someone who doesn’t care to ;)
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 08:30 AM by Jacquerel.)
12-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Dark Lord Graham

If Rein is as forgiving as you would like to believe, siding against them here would not 'get on their bad side'. If opposing them did get on their bad side despite being willing to forgive a murderer, it would be clear what is beneath that pearly white exterior.
12-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Kanelel

Aside from the Spit thing, Rein seems to be better than Grind in every way that matters to us personality-wise. Where Grind seems likely to get mad at us whenever we fuck up, possibly even to the point of deciding it would be better to keep us from being incarnated (which is arguably the correct position, though that's beside the point), Rein is a literal god of patience, and would likely be able to help us suck less. Ideally we would ally with everyone, and no cats would have to die, but thanks to Grind that probably won't be happening. Unless Grind has a really great reason to value keeping Rein from winning over keeping all the cats safe, then pragmatically and morally, Rein is the better option.

Of course, there's no reason not to stay at least nominally neutral for as long as possible.
12-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Dark Lord Graham

Merry Christmas, kittenkaboodles!
12-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Kitet
frog wife

cool planet
uhhh!! thanks, merry christmas to you too. it's just "kitet" tho :y

btw sorry there hasn't been an update recently, i've slipped out of my art groove a bit with the holidays. the next update's mostly written, i think, but then i also need to draw the panels.
12-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Dark Lord Graham

It was a merry Christmas to all kittens, but also you kitet.
12-27-2017, 04:01 AM
SeaWyrm
The Roar of the Surf

THEORY: Rein's feeding its TCPs to Spit.
12-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Kitet
frog wife

cool planet
for reference, this is what my update-writing notes look like when i start drafting an update

[Image: unknown.png]
12-28-2017, 07:54 AM
mortis
high god

morbit

ever since i made a murder furry universe, gay terrors have been manifesting in my home
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 08:03 AM by mortis.)
12-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Infomantis

[Image: jREwDi4.png]
12-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
[Image: lBn7omw.png]

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 02:09 PM by Loather.)
12-28-2017, 01:56 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Male
[Image: images.png]
12-28-2017, 02:06 PM
SeaWyrm
The Roar of the Surf

Hey, there were at least two votes for "check status"!
12-28-2017, 11:55 PM
mortis
high god

morbit
(12-28-2017, 11:55 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: Hey, there were at least two votes for "check status"!

prioritizing the wax conversation was the best idea for this update, you'll have other chances to

ever since i made a murder furry universe, gay terrors have been manifesting in my home
12-29-2017, 12:00 AM