Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Tiny Chat People
a52
 RE: Tiny Chat People
the god eater

the woods
(09-06-2017, 06:33 AM)Loather Wrote: i think if things get too out of hand we should create the god-free zones for real this time, partially because they might be necessary for the well-being of our tcps, partially because bringing wax in might make it possible to get wax to intervene against our worse impulses (something we should specifically request in that case)

id also propose a way for our tcps and our tcps alone to effectively boot us from the session entirely if a majority go rogue, set inside that zone- a solid incentive to not be shitty towards them, because if we are too cruel, the adventure could just end (which im assuming nobody wants)

Aside from a few people being just a bit silly occasionally (myself included), after looking through the last few pages of commands it seems the vast majority of us have their best interests in mind? There are only a few who are consistently negative, it's just we don't have much of a way of stopping them/when we try to help it can sometimes make things worse.
09-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
if we can't shut down the few people who are consistently negative it doesnt matter. we have to pressure them, and we need to be willing to take a loss if that fails. we're all controlling the same character, we all share a responsibility, and if we're going to abuse our power and keep flying off into full villainy, the best ending isnt going to be one where we're victorious (if a victory is even going to be possible doing that)

even from a non-roleplaying perspective, it wouldnt be ethical to accept a story where the protagonist is a manipulative abuser

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
09-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
id still say to wait and see how the fernando situation plays out before taking these steps, but if things get any worse, im suggesting them

09-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Fellow
Guy the Chap

(09-06-2017, 06:33 AM)KittenEater Wrote: SO, I don't really want to publicly take any sides here, because I don't like to have to go out-of-character to tell you guys what kinds of suggestions you should make, but I think by this point it's necessary to say this much:

applying actual abuse tactics to your cats isn't a good idea. I can't warn you against doing so in-game, but using such tactics would not go without severe in-game consequences.

To everyone who doesn't agree to use such tactics: say so! I count votes against specific actions, when I'm choosing what to do for the updates.

Okay, I see where wheat is coming from now. I'd like to go on record to say that I didn't think killing monsters would be so traumatic in a game where fighting other teams is a way to win, and that I didn't mean to make any threats with my latest post.

When I made the ice gnome I did it cause I felt we were ignoring a problem just to distinguish ourselves from triton from the little mermaid, but reasons or no I still went against the group and messed up everyone's game and I'm sorry for that. I think I'll just cross out my latest post and refrain from making any commands for a while.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 07:52 AM by Fellow.)
09-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Wheat

(09-06-2017, 06:53 AM)Loather Wrote: if we can't shut down the few people who are consistently negative it doesnt matter. we have to pressure them, and we need to be willing to take a loss if that fails.

that's part of what i was going for by opening up the option to fernando to join grind. if we don't change our abusive and manipulative behavior, then not only is it in fernando's best interest to go somewhere that's safer for them, but we will feel the consequences for our failure to not screw up so bad. it puts the pressure on us to improve, and fast. and even if fernando leaves anyway despite our best efforts, they will at least be somewhere good instead of the dangers of being rogue.

(09-06-2017, 06:21 AM)a52 Wrote: ????

Law and order != child soldiers

I mean, sure it may not be the best method for this situation (and I haven't been paying full attention to everything that goes on), but I think that's a bit of a false equivalency.

Edit: Looks like some people have been trying to make them into soldiers and deliberately put them into danger, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been DLG?
quote inside
Spoiler :
(07-03-2017, 02:55 AM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 08:38 PM)KittenEater Wrote: What are you trying to accomplish by messing with us?
Do you consider us friends, or just little toys?
...Can we trust you?”

Windy, Fennel, and Fernando

@Windy: I intend to show you the path of Justice.
@Fennel: To me you are units. Soldiers. Enforcers of Our Law. Yet it is also Just that We take responsibility for your wellbeing. To do otherwise would be a failure on Our part, and failure is unacceptable.
@Fernando: No. You must trust in Justice, and in your comrades. Should We become Corrupt, you must defy Us.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
09-06-2017, 05:53 PM
a52
the god eater

the woods
Ahh okay, yeah you're right.
09-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(09-06-2017, 01:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: tcps are childlike and trying to make the characters from the cute cat adventure into dark edgy child soldiers clashes with what everyone else is doing, creating needless complications. also child soldiers aren't a good thing

The early mindset of the 'character' was that the game as a construct allows the crueler gods that Macaron mentioned (ie. Spit) to enact cruelty on helpless TCPs. Obviously something that would be unjust. So his goal was to find a way to break the game, eliminate the enemies, and help the TCPs escape. Usually the sort of 'Rebel' ending I go for in games (thus my influence on the character).

The first few lines by Frog-Crimes to Macaron (around the time I first arrived) tended to be either very blunt or extremely curt and rude, which I tried to incorporate into playing as the 'character'.

In the process he came to regard the only tools he had to accomplish that goal, the TCPs, as just that - tools, soldiers, or units in a game that he needed to make strong and obedient to accomplish his goals. Driven by ambition into the exact mindset he had initially been trying to oppose.

Grind's clarifications on how things work, on top of what's happened with Fernando, have changed his priorities a bit. He's beginning to realize his own hypocrisy and wants to see the TCPs grow as people/characters. Partially because some of the 'trouble' players are beginning to own up to their mistakes and apologize or try to fix them.

I've been trying to play out the character, character development and all, based on the author's portrayal of the character in chosen dialogue and the behavior of the players that stand out as powerful personalities.

(09-06-2017, 05:53 PM)Wheat Wrote: that's part of what i was going for by opening up the option to fernando to join grind. if we don't change our abusive and manipulative behavior, then not only is it in fernando's best interest to go somewhere that's safer for them, but we will feel the consequences for our failure to not screw up so bad. it puts the pressure on us to improve, and fast. and even if fernando leaves anyway despite our best efforts, they will at least be somewhere good instead of the dangers of being rogue.

I'm not sure Fernando can 'join' Grind. She can go Rogue, and live/work with Grind's TCPs, but I don't think she can actually 'belong' to Grind in a mechanical sense. At least if I'm interpreting what Grind said correctly.

Which means she could still go to Paradise, but she could never go out into the 'real' world, for better or for worse.

Spoiler :
I for one would like to see more of Fernando's character, so for that alone I'd prefer if she stuck around.
09-06-2017, 10:34 PM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

(09-06-2017, 07:50 AM)Fellow Wrote: Okay, I see where wheat is coming from now. I'd like to go on record to say that I didn't think killing monsters would be so traumatic in a game where fighting other teams is a way to win, and that I didn't mean to make any threats with my latest post.

When I made the ice gnome I did it cause I felt we were ignoring a problem just to distinguish ourselves from triton from the little mermaid, but reasons or no I still went against the group and messed up everyone's game and I'm sorry for that. I think I'll just cross out my latest post and refrain from making any commands for a while.

You're entitled to your own definition of fun, by-the-way. You don't have to apologize for doing what you thought was best at the time, even if others said it was a bad idea.

The difference comes in that you're thinking of this like a typical video game, whereas it is something more akin to a social simulator. Killing a thing, even in self-defense, even a horrible monster, would be horribly traumatizing for any normal person. These cats aren't standard video game protagonists, they're pseudo-people that are basically children. As long as you recognize that, while it has game elements and the setting is a game, that this story/adventure is less about the game mechanics and more about the character interactions. Less Monster Hunter; more-like a Telltale game.
09-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(09-06-2017, 10:35 PM)gloomyMoron Wrote: Less Monster Hunter; more-like a Telltale game.

Nah, our choices actually matter here.
09-07-2017, 12:00 AM
tronn

I really hated the idea of giving them guns in the first place, but I wasn't here at the time. Then, putting in things just so they can fight them is just cruel. Whatever lesson there is to be learned from that could have been taught any other way!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
09-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Wheat

(09-06-2017, 10:34 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: The first few lines by Frog-Crimes to Macaron (around the time I first arrived) tended to be either very blunt or extremely curt and rude, which I tried to incorporate into playing as the 'character'.

the character is literally just us. those first lines were because some people made suggestions to be rude towards macaron.

09-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
im frog crime??????????????

09-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Wheat

frog crimes is an avatar of the suggesters, acting based on our suggestions

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 06:55 AM by Wheat.)
09-08-2017, 06:16 AM
KittenEater
big dumb whatever

cool planet
[Image: imfrogcrime.png]
09-08-2017, 06:35 AM
MagicHats

that is the best image

Karies - a forum adventure
09-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Loather
cool?

the astro plain
[Image: mtNiFfR.jpg]

09-09-2017, 07:30 AM
mortis
high god

morbit
[Image: Mmd6ZlU.jpg]

just here to watch good friends (i might suggest a little but we'll see)

ever since i made a murder furry universe, gay terrors have been manifesting in my home
09-09-2017, 08:02 AM
FlanDab
Polite Guardian of Corruption

Ah! I was gonna suggest burying the ice gnome but when I scrolled down, the discussion ender was there, therefore would make my suggestion null.
09-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Dark Lord Graham

mortis there appears to be something wrong with your TIGER TCP.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 04:21 PM by Dark Lord Graham.)
09-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
I'm teaching these cats to love and none of you can stop me
09-09-2017, 05:24 PM
mortis
high god

morbit
(09-09-2017, 04:21 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: mortis there appears to be something wrong with your TIGER TCP.

you're mistaken graham, that's just what i look like

ever since i made a murder furry universe, gay terrors have been manifesting in my home
09-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(09-09-2017, 08:02 PM)mortis Wrote: you're mistaken graham, that's just what i look like

I stand corrected, my condolences.
09-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
Rin's a beautiful melty tiger.
09-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Justice Watch
I was once an earthexe

Washington State
Yo kitet, the thread is getting kinda cluttered with discussion, and finding official updates is getting kinda hard amidst all that. Could you add big forward and back links to the update posts so finding them is a little easier?

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
09-12-2017, 12:42 AM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

Yeah. I wanted to curt down on the amount of discussion being done there but it has become apparent to me that I need to actually define what I mean by Faith and there isn't a good way to do that in thread without it turning into its own side thing. So does anyone mind if I do it here? I assume no-answer as no (and a no as no, obviously, >.>), I feel like it is important but I don't want to distraction even further focus.
09-12-2017, 01:12 AM