Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Tiny Chat People
Vic
 RE: Tiny Chat People

Jac, I wholeheartedly agree on the patronizing, TCPs are like children. They aren't actually children.

Though you never know. Windy and Fennel have had a lot of time to themselves and we made them an encyclopedia, we saw that they were reading before coming out when we spawned Fernando.
09-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
KittenEater
big dumb whatever

cool planet
Oh, I forgot to say this publicly in here, but re: veto restrictions -
I think it'd be best, for now, if the rule was that [b]you can veto as much of one single post as you want.[b/] So, you can select one specific command, or several commands, or just the whole post if it's obviously a bunch of session-derailing nonsense, but you can't veto anything from any other posts afterward.

I'll say right now, if this restriction doesn't work out, I'll change it later. Whatever's good for the threads.

(on another note, I can... usually tell which suggestions are jokes and shouldn't even be considered. Usually. So troll suggestions won't need to be vetoed unless they actually get support votes, is how I see it. :y )
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 10:34 PM by KittenEater.)
09-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Wheat

Quote:They're a blank slate, but they don't seem to go through any actual sort of childhood state. Even with good intentions it might feel kind of patronising.
makes sense

if there is a "childhood" state for them it's the point when they haven't learned anything yet which is quickly remedied by learning things. so if we went with that (we won't) the "childhood" wouldn't be very long (maybe up to the span of the next TCP spawning at which point they get a graduation ceremony) and we wouldn't refer to them as such for long. it'd just be neat to see how the TCPs choose to teach and raise a TCP while we take a backseat. We could even learn a few things on how TCPs should be treated. also it might be some nice fluff

but yeah, I didn't suggest it in thread because it seems like it would be too much

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
09-13-2017, 01:21 AM
tronn

TCPs might not have a childhood stage, but they are very child-like because they're naive, trusting, and don't know much about world. Well, at least ours were in the beginning -_-
Anyhow that means they need to be looked after and treated well.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
09-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Jacquerel

I think at some point (definitely not straight away, temperament would be important for this) it might be worthwhile to teach a TCP "diplomacy" or "mediation" or something along those lines.
As they aren't burdened with 30 competing voices they'd probably be better at it than Frog Crimes.
09-13-2017, 09:46 AM
KittenEater
big dumb whatever

cool planet
Not gonna update the story for a bit since I'm trying to focus on IRL stuff, but I figured I should post a snippet of my reference material for TCP types.

These are the type categories we have learned about in the thread thus far:
Spoiler :
[Image: ZWsGZEn.png]
09-21-2017, 08:02 PM
FlanDab
Polite Guardian of Corruption

Is that a sign that we may have accidentally created an abstract-type? Internet's eyes aren't a solid black shape. It's similar to the Story-type in the picture and Fennel's and Windy's. Oh dear, we may have doomed ourselves.

Also, is the story-type reading a floating stone slab?
09-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Dark Lord Graham

(09-21-2017, 10:18 PM)FlanDab Wrote: Also, is the story-type reading a floating stone slab?

Perhaps an example cropped out that we haven't unlocked yet.

Also, yes, I do believe we've made another Abstract. Has science gone too far?
09-21-2017, 11:43 PM
FlanDab

Should we install a firewall in the session to keep the malicious information from messing with the universe?

Also, I've noticed that we're inclined towards messages and letters.
09-22-2017, 06:28 AM
Jacquerel

I wouldn't say that "internet" has much to do with the fabric of space, we haven't seen internet's type category yet so it doesn't fit under "type categories learned about in the thread".
Then again who knows.

I think it was more that it was advised not to make too many abstract TCPs because they are dangerous (and the admin might get involved) rather than because it inherently dooms you. Our first two are very good, we'd just have to not fuck up... and we're very very good at that, right?
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 11:18 AM by Jacquerel.)
09-22-2017, 11:17 AM
FlanDab

Well... the Internet is a well of boundless knowledge, bogus, and bunkum (or at least our internet). We don't know what it's capable yet. It could download stuff, purchase stuff, and may even attempt to get into the god communication network. Though, in this relatively empty realm, there might be negligible amounts or even no computers, servers, and devices out there, as far as we know; Internet-type TCP may have no access to such powerful machines, utilities, and wells of knowledge as we have here on Earth as there are no servers serving the information, so its capabilities is at least crippled a bit, but that is assuming that it doesn't have access to contents of our internet, only the one that exists there or around them.

You're right about it not dooming us. I just like being a bit dramatic. It also is kinda my reaction when I do something wrong or don't know what I should do when I should do something.

You're probably right about it not having much to do much with the fabric of the universe. It probably has the just as much abstract power made concrete manifested into space as Charity, and Generosity (that is assuming that they are actually have reasonably low manipulative ability to their surroundings).
09-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Wheat

[Image: cACpML.jpg]

hopefully if we teach them right and don't instantly get super heavy (which might turn them into a brooding cyberpunk) internet can fill our session with memes and shitposts. please keep our baby boy a carefree goof or they will inevitably hack our darpanet

try to not overthink the grand plan of our cats functions or whatever and how to Use Their Powers bc that has had bad results so far. let our cats have fun and friendship and good times

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM by Wheat.)
09-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Gen
Worldbuilding extraordinaire!

Cloud dimension #9
Thanks Jac for deflecting that shitty 4chan joke that was made in awful taste.
09-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Vic

Did we decide if we want Macaron to tell us the prize or not?
09-24-2017, 04:55 AM
FlanDab

(09-24-2017, 04:55 AM)Vic Wrote: Did we decide if we want Macaron to tell us the prize or not?

Nobody mentioned it. I don't think anybody reacted negatively about learning the prize. They'll probably tell us, but that's uncertain. I'd rather remain passive in that matter but it is interesting and I would like to know it. Knowledge is power after all.
09-24-2017, 09:49 AM