Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Waterlogged
RedGreenBlue
 RE: Waterlogged

(01-16-2018, 11:18 PM)Swirly Wrote: XLR: Now, how've things with Daisy been? I know you're new to the whole "Existing" thing, but if you're gonna be meddling -- of course I mean that in the nicest interpretation you can think of -- I'm curious to hear your take on the people here?
XLR: And really, just your luck to wind up alongside her, you're in for one heck of a ride I hope you know!
XLR: But yeah, what do you think of the people here, you got a plan or just, winging it?

Oh. Yeah, about that whole existing thing. What are we, exactly? Because right now, yes, we're just along for the ride by this point.
01-17-2018, 12:14 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kanelel

Our sample size is a bit low, we've only gotten a decent read on approximately 2 people. Daisy's a bit unstable, but she's been very cooperative so far. She seems like the kind of patient a psychologist would want to have, not that I'm a doctor or anything, but I think we can help her. Damien seems like he might mean well, and there are clearly further circumstances we aren't yet aware of, but he's still an insensitive moron.

Do you do public works or peacekeeping operations? It seems like Aspersion could use some.
01-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Swirly
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

The Isle of Manhattan
YOU: Ah, right! Uh, existing, what's even going on? how did we get here?

XLR: Hah! You're just as clueless as I am, wonderful!
XLR: I've no idea what could have brought you here, or even what you are.
XLR: As for what you are, a conciousness of some sort
XLR: Though considering by your "we" I imagine there's more than one of you in there?
XLR: How absolutely fascinating -- tell me more about yourself,
XLR: What did you first see when you showed, up, where did you show up?

You: Well ah, I, er, we -- were in a dream that Daisy was having.

XLR: You were in it?

You: well, more like we saw it from her point of view...

XLR: How fascinating, perhaps I could ask Lain.

You: who?

XLR: Unimportant, continue please, I'm really dying to hear what you have to say, and what you have to ask.

You: Well, Aspersion is a bit of a mess, could use some work, but the people we've met are interesting at least?

XLR inhales sharply, at the mention of Aspersion, and their next words seem almost, strained.

XLR: Yes, yes, the people, do tell.

You: Well, Daisy is... nice, she seems like she's got a lot going on in that head of hers, we don't really think she has everything quite together, kinda on edge, like she's a moment away from snapping like... all the time. She'd probably be helped by a therapist or something, not that I am one! but... I'd like to help her.
You: And Damien, well, he seems stupid, and I really think he could work on how he approahces topics, to say the way he talked to Daisy was awful is an understatement. But maybe he means well, I'd like to find out.
You: By the way to you do any sort of like, peacekeeping stuff?

XLRs face twitches a bit at that -- their reaction more overt this time. However, they take a moment to compose themself, promptly ignores the question. Silently, they walk you over to a window, gesturing for you to look out.

[Image: yjn01iC.png]

XLR: What you saw on that screen before wasn't what it's like, I thought you would have noticed the change in time. This, though, this is what the sky is really like right now.
XLR: Beautiful, isn't it?
XLR: This is what I strive to protect, you see all those lights, all those lives out there? I want those people to live and see that moon every night and be happy that they are alive.
XLR: Anyway, Daisy... Daisy, she's a good person, I wish I'd have done more to make Loom and Verity get along, maybe she wouldn't have had all this happen.
XLR: Damien is... I wouldn't call him stupid, he's Loom's most trusted Demon -- if he came across as moronic, there's a reason for that.
XLR: You gonna wind up playing both sides, trying to sort out everything between Daisy and Damien, figure out how to help them? Maybe I'm reading too much into your words.
XLR: That'd be difficult, but I won't stop you from trying, it's commendable if that's what you're doing though.
XLR: Just a warning though, things are tense between Aspersion and Spindle. If you set off an inter-zone crisis I will drag you out of this plane of existence myself.

You could press that question you asked earlier, but that might be a bad idea, is there something more important you wanna know?
02-14-2018, 02:04 AM
Kanelel

For now, we're just trying to make sure Daisy is able to live without regrets, and maybe help her to be able to process and handle her emotions better. Maybe if we had our own body and/or more information about the general situation down there we would try to help more people more proactively, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, that's some nice rhetoric, but if you don't feel like explaining what you're actually doing to help we'll just ask someone else. (I don't think he'll like being pressed on this, but I can't think of anything better to ask, and I am curious about it.)
02-14-2018, 02:26 AM
seppawku

is protecting everyone your priority? or specific people; if the greater good called for daisy being hurt would you allow it?
02-14-2018, 04:54 AM