Waterlogged

Waterlogged
RE: Waterlogged
you don’t need to say anything! this is pretty overwhelming os unless there’s smth you feel you must stick up for, just wave...? it’s ok, daisy!
Quote
RE: Waterlogged
Verity didn't say your name, so she probably doesn't want to attract attention to you. Its fine if you dont have anything to say.
Quote
RE: Waterlogged
For now, just try to stay professional. You don't even have to say anything, unless you're directly addressed. Let Verity field as many questions as possible, if you do need to respond then keep it confident and reassuring. As for bringing up our own concerns, we can do that in private.

I just realized that thanks to the way Morbit language works we can just straight up ask this: Daisy, do you remember how when we were talking to Damien he said, "Spindle is, there's been more terror attacks lately..."? Was he referring to terrors the creatures, or to terrorism?

Once we get to talking to Verity in private we should ask her why she thinks it's likely that Loom is behind the attacks in the first place. Is it known to have some way of controlling terrors? We should also tell her about our encounter with Damien, and about the things that he said. Damien's statements should all be fairly easy to verify if Verity's intelligence operatives are at all competent (are they?). Of course, this would all be after you're done enjoying the more pleasant parts of your reunion.

Normally I'd be extremely skeptical about trying to appease an aggressive neighbor rather than simply crushing them as soon as possible, but in this case it may actually be a good idea, given that we don't actually know that they're behind this. Of course, once we know we should either go all in on peace or all in on war immediately, but I'm repeating myself.
Quote
RE: Waterlogged
> What if we surrender? What do you think would happen if we surrendered?
edit:
> How have we gotten to taking a political hostage to make a point? I don't understand how it got like this
> But this isn't something that needs to be figured out now
[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed

Quote
RE: Waterlogged
Hm, additional

>Daisy, do you think it'd be a good idea to put your foot forward about Damien? I think I have a plan.

The whole picture doesn't feel visible if Damien is right, and if you meet with him (as bait for the capture) more information could be gathered about the situation.
On the flipside Damien's safety needs to be guaranteed in this capture by Verity, so that when you meet with him hypothetically you can tell him that if his word is as good as he claims, then he needs to take the risk to go with us as a political prisoner temporarily. You trust Verity probably as much as he does as a demon, and something mutual like that might just be what's needed.
[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed

Quote
RE: Waterlogged
Daisy hesitates for a second, considering opening her mouth, she seems a bit tense

YOU: you don't need to say anything, she's probably not trying to bring too much attention to you in front of people...

Daisy: Yeah... yeah!

Verity looks down over her audience, her mask impassable as always.

You: Hey, Daisy... back when uh, Damien attacked us. He talked about "terror attacks" Were those... terrorism? or?

Daisy shudders a bit, clearly not entirely over having her house broken into, she feels more angry about it than anything else.

DAISY: Terror, like the creatures... There's a trench at the bottom of the waterways between Spindle and Aspersion, and it spews out Horror energy... Terrors do show up time to time, but the way he made it seem was that they were abnormally common now

VERITY: Very well then, be on your way. I have matters to discuss in private.

The large hall is quickly overcome with the sound of shuffling feet, it seems like in just a few moments the hall is empty, the echoes taking a brief moment to fade.

VERITY: Daisy, please come down a few fleights, I want to see you face to face.

Daisy takes a moment, before hurrying down a set of stairs, and standing on the balcony before Verity, just staring, not even sure what to say.

[Image: Fg1cUmC.png]


VERITY: Daisy. I'm.

Verity pauses, seeming as if she's having trouble finding the proper words.

VERITY: I'm glad you're back.

Daisy: me too.

Her voice is barely a whisper, she takes a short breath, suddenly unsure what to do.

DAISY: help... I... don't know what to say!

VERITY: I see you brought your old scrap manipulation staff, I made sure it was well kept for you the whole time you were... absent.

DAISY: I saw, all my old stuff too.

VERITY: I didn't have the heart to throw it away... Quite literally, I might add.

Daisy coughs and laughs, almost choking on the breath she was taking, calming for a moment.

DAISY: is the everything going on really that bad?

VERITY: Well... I don't know how much you know about the past sixty years.

DAISY: There was a war, and it's over, that's about it. Reading history never really was fun, I don't have much time for it either, between therapy and everything.

VERITY: You're in therapy? I'm glad. Daisy, if you need help paying for anything, let me know.

DAISY: Thanks

YOU: uhm, I hate to kill the mood but, I'm really confused, if we're not currently at war then, why are we at the point of taking a political hostage? And, with what Damien said, can Verity confirm or deny any of that? She said Loom was behind the attacks, how could she be so sure?, There's so many questions, and...

DAISY: Slow down! you're giving me a headache.

DAISY: Loom... Loom is a puppeteer, literally, it can create puppets out of people...

That's all daisy seems to want to say on THAT matter.

DAISY: Verity, earlier, you were talking about Terror attacks... Has it really come to the point of taking a hostage? and the attacks... you're sure it's Loom, right?

VERITY: I'm sure.

YOU: Daisy this doesn't make any sense, Damien was talking about this all differently, if we... if we can capture him then we can find out if he's telling the truth! And there'd be no risk, we could even prevent an outright war depending on how we handle it![/color]

Daisy takes a moment to take this all in, just standing there in silence. Contemplating what to say.

DAISY: Damien broke into my apartment.

VERITY: HE WHAT?!

Daisy: He tried to tell me that Loom is suffering, that it needs my help.

VERITY: You're kidding.

DAISY: I wish I was, he tried to convince me to go along with him. To trust him. I told him to leave before I killed him. But, I brought this up because I realized. You want a political hostage, right? Well, here's your chance. Damien is probably going to try and convince me again, he seemed that desperate.

VERITY: And you're saying we should capture him?

DAISY: Yeah... the more we know about Loom and Spindle the better, plus, if we don't actually hurt him we might be able to prevent an outright war.

Verity nods, thinking on this for a bit, she then smiles.

VERITY: Daisy, I'm so proud of you. You're just as competent and quick minded as the last time I saw you. Barely half a day here and you're already rushing to see what you can do to help me, and help Aspersion. I'm so glad you're here again, the guard has been sorely missing someone with your level of dedication in its ranks. If you're sure about this, if you want to help capture Damien, if you want to help make this plan. We can start the meetings in two days. I'll send out word tonight to see what information we have on Spindle, We've been having trouble tracking Damien, and if you could help with that, we'd be doing far better.

Daisy smiles a bit, you can feel how happy she is to be praised, how much pride there is in being recognized by Verity.

DAISY: I was worried I wouldn't be able to help.

VERITY: Of course you'd be able to help, even if you couldn't find I'd be able to find something for you to do, even if you can't fight, I will.

DAISY: I.. you don't need to say all of that.

VERITY: I only say it because it's true.

Daisy: Thank you... I'm glad to be back, I can finally... do something

VERITY: There's a lot to think about here, and I'm really happy you're so willing to help so soon. We can really use all we can get.

DAISY: Yeah, anyway, should we get going? We can figure out

VERITY: I don't know about you nowadays, but you always liked to discuss matters while walking. I could show you by the old training grounds. They actually got moved into the basement, and there's a lot of new rooms, new gear. Even new models of scrap staves, not that they get too much use... Does that sound nice? or is there somewhere else you'd rather be?
Quote
RE: Waterlogged
the training room sounds nice.. are you ok tho daisy? that was.. a lot to hear, even if positive.
Quote
RE: Waterlogged
>Hey Daisy, did you take your medication today? Are you feeling hungry? If this left you feeling taxed it's a good chance to change pace and settle in.
[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed

Quote