Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Waterlogged
Author Message
Swirly
 RE: Waterlogged
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
YOU: Look Daisy, killing him isn't going to get anything and.... if you injure him that's just a reason Loom has to be angry at you and send another person to actually kill you.

DAISY: So? what are you saying I do then, just let him go?

YOU: Or keep him trapped here until you can talk to Verity.

DAISY: That's not good enough

YOU: Well the other options aren't either.

DAISY: ... I can't keep him here, don't have the energy, probably couldn't take him in a fight either actually... He's got a scrap, even though I've got the size advantage... he's more durable.

YOU: Are you sure?

DAISY: Yeah, I've got not choice, either he leaves now, or later.

She sounds pretty downtrodden, defeated even, not happy about the situation at all. She sounds like she's given up on winning here. Whatever that might mean to her. The paper around Damien begins to crumple and float to the ground. Her voice just sounds more empty than before.

DAISY: Fuck.

DAISY: "Leave, and if you care about me, don't come back"

DAMIEN: "Daisy, I"

DAISY: "LEAVE!"

She shouts, her own jaw clenching tight.

DAISY: "Just, leave."

Damien hesitates for a moment, before turning and running our of the door - starting to vanish into thin air once he gets out into the hallway.

[Image: GXqXTUF.png]

DAISY: Damnit.
DAISY: Fuck, fuck, fuck.
DAISY: Verity's escort should be here soon, I hope. I want to get this day fucking over with.
08-17-2017, 03:43 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Waterlogged

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
Daisy, deep breaths. That was a tense moment!
08-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kanelel
 RE: Waterlogged

Offline
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 2017
Good job, Daisy, you handled that well.

Isn't Loom your and Verity’s enemy? Why would he think you would be willing to help? If that's too sore of a subject, I’d also like to know more about scraps.

Also, your appointment with Verity is tommorow, you should sleep while you can.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 11:32 PM by Kanelel.)
08-18-2017, 10:04 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Waterlogged
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
Daisy swallows nervously, taking a few moments to calm down, you can't really feel anything that her body is experiencing right now, but you can tell that she is very tense after all that.

YOU: Hey, uh, just breathe alright? we did it!

You're not exactly sure what else to say, but the fact that Daisy and you all are not dead or seriously injured is something worth celebrating.

YOU: I don't know if you're, like, okay yet... But, you said he was one of Loom's people... Loom's your enemy right, why would he think you would help?

DAISY: I... really can't say... Damien never seemed very smart... I can't believe he's just come here though. Loom must be desperate if it'd consider asking one of its enemies.

YOU: Hey, it's fine, we don't have to talk about it, maybe you could tell us some more about scraps?

Daisy bites her lip, making a humming noise.

DAISY: Scraps... are... difficult
DAISY: They're a part of a person's being, part of their self. A scrap usually is made when someone experiences really strong emotions... Or... severe enough trauma.
DAISY: Most people don't even know that scraps exist, it's somewhat uncommon to be able to sense them, but even rarer to be able to see or touch them, and rarer still to actually manipulate them. That's what Damien was doing, by the way.
DAISY: Scraps also, they're not just tools, they're a part of a person, they have memories and emotions associated with them... when you're manipulating scraps that can mess with you if you're not careful.
DAISY: Oh yeah, demons and gods can manipulate scraps no matter what, and if you're very well trained a scrap user could be compared to a greater god in strength... but it depends on a lot of things, how strong the god is for one.
DASIY: That's that.

[Image: UK0gZmi.png]
Daisy sighs, walking into the kitchen and looking out the window, a lone car is parked outside

DAISY: And... well, I was going to get picked up by one of Verity's employees soon, I don't know how long it'll be until they get here.. I should pack...
09-09-2017, 02:38 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kanelel
 RE: Waterlogged

Offline
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 2017
Whatever you do, don't forget to bring your pills.

Where in Aspersion are you, and where is Verity?
09-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Waterlogged
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
YOU: Just don't forget your meds

DAISY: On it, I'll pack them up now

YOU: oh yeah... by the way, where in Aspersion are you, is verity far?

Daisy starts packing her things, starting with her medication and a spare change of clothes

[Image: oFuFl5d.png]
DAISY: I live in Obloquy, it's a coastal city in the south... Verity isn't too far outside of the city, she's just a district away... she's got a district all to her-self, southernmost tip of the island.

It's a few hours by car.


She's about to continue, but you both are interrupted by a knock at the door.

DAISY: Is it really the nighttime already?
09-22-2017, 12:31 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kanelel
 RE: Waterlogged

Offline
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 2017
It is unless the sky tends to be navy blue during the day. Get the door (remember to check the peephole first). If it's the escort then finish packing quickly and be on your way.
09-22-2017, 12:36 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Angustine
 RE: Waterlogged
His Most Serene Higness

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Aug 2017
The Land of Never There
Be calm and carry on
09-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Waterlogged
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
Daisy heads over to the door

DAISY: yeah... I guess I lost track of time at some point
DAISY: what an exhausting day, I'm ready to collapse

Daisy peers through the peephole
[Image: DEgUpEJ.png]

DAISY: That should be the ride, dressed pretty formally too... they must be pretty high ranking from their dressing. I wonder why Verity would send someone like that, weird.

YOU: Alright, lets finish packing

DAISY: gotcha

She grabs the rest of her stuff, zips up her suitcase, grabs her coat, and opens the door.

Time to go?
11-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
KittenEater
 RE: Waterlogged
big dumb whatever

Offline
Posts: 1,115
Joined: Nov 2011
cool planet
Yes, of course!
Get their attention by clearing your throat or saying hello, so they aren't intimidated by your size.
11-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Waterlogged
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
Daisy opens the door, greeted by a somewhat familiar sight.

[Image: iAiHXgl.png]

The smell of chalk dust is so strong in the air that even you can smell it, even when Daisy is out there doing the work right now.

DAISY: Oh, uh, wow

YOU: what?

DAISY: It's an honor to have someone like you escort me, I guess Verity must think I'm pretty important

Daisy seems nervous all of a sudden, which, isn't really something you'd expect considering how she just handled the situation with Damien

DAISY: They're a high ranking officer in our zone's militia... you can tell by the markings on their mask

YOU: huh..

???: Grab whatever you have packed, Verity wants you in her district by tomorrow morning, so we should move quickly

DAISY: Right to work then!

She turns quickly, moving at a fast pace, but not running. Collecting a duffel bag, stuffed full with a change of clothes, her hair-dryer, and a recently filled prescription. Can't be forgetting that again so soon. Soon, the two are on their way down the hallway, Daisy's bag hanging from her shoulder, her raincoat trailing at her feet.

[Image: 8azxAFx.png]



???: You can call me Sam, if you want.

DAISY: Ah, okay.

Sam shuts up pretty quickly, not saying much more. His voice seems rather gruff, either he's got a cold or a bad habit of smoking -- more likely the former since he appears to be such a high ranking official.

DAISY: uh...

SAM: The car is just outside, if you have any questions let me know.

DAISY: I have a few... -- do you have anything you wanna ask them?
12-11-2017, 12:41 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply