Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
Goodbye Silvia
Author Message
goblin's
 Goodbye Silvia
Post: #1
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
People are afraid of those that are stronger and more determined than themselves.

That is why you don't fear anyone.
That is why yesterday you were banished from your home.

You are alone in the tundra miles from civilization; cold, hungry, and angry. It is the dead of winter and snow has been falling for days. You have no idea where you are, and if you don't find shelter and food soon you know you will perish.

You are Silvia, and you are the greatest orc to have ever lived. You know you are destined for more than a quiet death of starvation.

What will you do?
05-06-2017 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #2
 

Offline
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 2017
Oh jeez. No use setting up near a place with no food... What do toy even eat?
05-06-2017 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #3
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
die but come back
05-06-2017 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #4
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 7,636
Joined: Jul 2011
You could make an igloo for shelter, but without food it won't do you much good.

Any footprints in the area, other than your own?

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change | I'm overwhelmed
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it | Cleaning up someone else's mess
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe | Beauty is a curse
05-06-2017 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #5
zip

Offline
Posts: 4,192
Joined: Dec 2014
Location: Kanadia
>search for tubers to harvest and eat
>maybe even small and/or dormant animals?

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote:  i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote:  Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass

---

[Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1]
my babies
05-06-2017 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #6
 

Offline
Posts: 4,856
Joined: Jul 2011
find a beast and end its life in one punch so that you may have pelts and sustenance

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
05-06-2017 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goblin's
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #7
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
You've taken a moment to survey your surroundings. There are no signs of life, and no sound besides the gentle fall of snow. When you can see through the weather, you manage to make out the edge of a woods a long ways in the distance, but you're too hungry and cold to make that journey now.

The snow is falling too relentlessly to see any tracks, and there's no animal life visibly above ground. The best you manage to do is find a mostly-buried boulder and tear it from the ground. As you toss it aside, you can see dry, cold earth underneath it, wriggling with insects that had made their home under the rock. They don't offer much in the way of flavor or fullness, but you can feel a little strength returning to you after you've downed them.

You repeat this process a few more times, sending boulders crashing across the snowdrifts. Each time you consume a few more bugs, and once you even find a hibernating ground squirrel and crunch it down.

You've managed to fuel up a little, but there is still much to be done if you want to survive the night. What is next?
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:57 PM by goblin's.)
05-06-2017 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #8
 

Offline
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 2017
Sounds like it's time for a gosh dang igloo. Or maybe you can use the boulders to assist with some kind of structure?
05-06-2017 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #9
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,440
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Nippon
Head for the forest and make shelter or fire there

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
05-07-2017 12:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #10
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
make like the insects and burrow underground. use a boulder as a roof
05-07-2017 02:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #11
Eternal screeching

Offline
Posts: 225
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: Qatar
(05-07-2017 02:40 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  make like the insects and burrow underground. use a boulder as a roof

2nded

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
05-07-2017 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goblin's
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #12
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
The forest is too far away to reach today. You need to find some shelter before nightfall.

Beneath you, where you just finished gobbling down invertebrates, is a large pack of cold-hard earth. You crouch down and start digging it away with your hands. After about an hour or so, you've created a giant hole and lined the perimeter with boulders. Atop your makeshift cairn you place one large, flat boulder, and lay down in the dark silence of your creation. Some snow is drifting through the holes in the rock structure, but not as much as being out in the open, and the closed-off nature of the space is trapping in your body heat. You will survive the night.

You dream while you sleep, but your sleep is too shallow to remember any, and you definitely don't feel well rested by the time you wake up in the morning. You are colder than ever, and despite your natural thickness you are losing too much heat.

If you wanted to, you could try to make it to the forest today - maybe there's better shelter and more plentiful prey there. You also know that the early morning is when most of the larger beasts of the tundra are active, and you could attempt to track one down.
05-07-2017 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #13
 

Offline
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 2017
> A-huntin' we will go
05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #14
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
go south for the love of all that is good
05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goblin's
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #15
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
You try to discern which way is south. Unfortunately you can't see the sun through the thick clouds and falling snow, so you can't be certain of any direction.

The hunger pangs are burning in your abdomen, enough so that you can't focus on anything else. You decide it's time to hunt for something with more sustenance than a worm.

You wander off into the snowfields, nostrils flared, hoping to catch the scent of something you can kill. It is not long before you catch the intoxicating smell of blood on the wind. You trace it back to its source. From over a bank of snow you can see three wolves fighting over the carcass of a caribou. The kill looks fresh, and squinting you can make out the edges of the caribou's herd moving in the distance. The wolves haven't noticed you. What now?
05-08-2017 04:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #16
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,440
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Nippon
eat a goddamn wolf

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
05-08-2017 04:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #17
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
eat the biggest wolf, become the leader of the pack
05-08-2017 04:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #18
Eternal screeching

Offline
Posts: 225
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: Qatar
(05-08-2017 04:51 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote:  eat the biggest wolf, become the leader of the pack

Wear the wolf skin as a pretty dress.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
05-08-2017 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goblin's
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #19
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
You clear the distance between you and the wolves in one silent jump. The largest of the wolves made for the biggest target, and you land on it hard. There's a brief moment of panicked struggle from the wolf before you separate its head from its body with your hands. You throw the head as hard as you can at another of the wolves as it jumps back, and the fleeing wolf crumples at the impact. The third wolf runs away as you begin to greedily dig into the sweetbreads of the first.

You're not sure how much time has passed when you're done eating, but the weather has calmed a little and a ray of sun is poking through the clouds overhead. You are surrounded by the fur and bones of two wolves and a caribou. You've picked everything clean, and some of the bones have bite marks from where you ate into them, too.
You're feeling great. You could do anything!
05-09-2017 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #20
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Male
redirect the river
05-09-2017 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #21
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,440
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Nippon
take the hides - once you cure them and soften the undersides by working them against rock you'll have a little more protection from the elements

Also take the teeth, ribs, leg bones of the animals, they should prove useful if you can carry them without it being a huge hassle

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
05-09-2017 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #22
 

Offline
Posts: 4,856
Joined: Jul 2011
anything?

>jump twnety feet into the air and belch out the raucous sound of a hakw's scream

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
05-09-2017 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #23
Eternal screeching

Offline
Posts: 225
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: Qatar
>Take the bones, make a violent xylophone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
05-09-2017 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #24
 

Offline
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 2017
(05-09-2017 12:46 AM)Schazer Wrote:  take the hides - once you cure them and soften the undersides by working them against rock you'll have a little more protection from the elements

Also take the teeth, ribs, leg bones of the animals, they should prove useful if you can carry them without it being a huge hassle
05-09-2017 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goblin's
 RE: Goodbye Silvia
Post: #25
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Oct 2014
You snatch up the wolf pelts and fashion a bloody sling in which you place the largest and the sharpest bones from your recent meal. You bonk two bones together in an approximation of music, but give up after you accidentally break one.

The snowfall is so light by now that you can see much further in the distance. The woods still loom on the horizon, but you also notice a few lone trees lining what you can only guess is a river. No more animals are in sight, as they rightfully would avoid the stink from the kills you've made.

Where will you go?
05-10-2017 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply