Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen
typeandkey
 RE: Cloudsea - The Chronicle of Alice Van Vaugen

That place that isn't here
>Ah, I see. You're upset because you've got nobody. Thank you, thank you. I've got a million of 'em.
>Well, don't you worry about a thing. Considering where we are, I think we can get to the heart of the problem.
>Oh yes, I'd love a glass of blood. Do you have any oil or hydraulic fluid to mix into it? Back home we had a drink called the Laughing Ladle. It was blood mixed with sea snake bile with the tooth of a widow dissolved in it. It goes well with a steak dinner, so I'm told. As for not enjoying the suffering of mortals? What would ever give you a presumptuous notion like that. You're not the only one with much at steak here.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 08:34 PM by typeandkey.)
09-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
Too Busy Reading

> Why can't we be civil about this, come on
09-16-2017, 08:35 AM
NotABear

[VANTA] considers that for-

'Nah. That's boring. Time consuming. You aren't musers, so I get nothing out of the deal. Also I didn't lose? The Meddler did something. I'm not sure what, though. That part has been nagging me, admittedly. I don't suppose you know what the Meddler- Empty's deal is? Yes? No? Yes? Probably not. I was sort of hoping the answer would be yes, but it really couldn't be or you probably wouldn't be so easy to steal.'

[VANTA] throws it's arms up.

'And of course I'm upset I have no body. It kinda hurt, you know? A muse, no matter what our purpose or origin. . . We live to serve. We do our duty. We fulfill the wishes of our muser and then we get what we were promised. . .'

[VANTA] listens to the description of the drink and- makes a quiet gagging noise inside it's hood as it settles back down into it's seat.

'That's weird. You're weird. You're all weird. Just little ghosts from another time, another age, another place. . . I suspect I could guess where you come from, but that information doesn't really help me, because any body you left behind is probably just bones by now. . . Although I guess I can't be choosy, all things considered. All I have to say on the matter is that I did what Alice asked. I was her Nothingness. She got everything she asked for- and all I wanted was her body. It's not like she was going to use it. So we were going to trade.'

Nothingness sighs, and the dreary, disgusting scenery fades away, leaving the endless expanse of Nothingness' voidspace to remain.

'You're right. I was letting those emotions get the best of me. Shouldn't have pulled you all the way out here. That was rude of me. I'll send you back now. Tell Alice I say hello. I'll give her a week to get her affairs in order, do whatever she needs to do, then surrender her body to me like we promised. Or she can run. I'll simply find her again. Ask her what happened to the people from the island. Last time, she didn't have anything to lose. Now she has friends.'

Nothingness fades into the background of their own void-

Reconnecting to main story.

. .

. . .

. . . Connected

Available Mindspaces:
[] "Katie"
[] Judith "Jude" Architonnerre
[] "Suit"
[] "Empty"
09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

When we last left, Jude was being treated for a small case of the "Almost Dyings", so maybe we should start with Katie. Melonspa
09-20-2017, 02:32 PM
typeandkey

That place that isn't here
>To Suit: "Hey, guy! What's up? What'd I miss?" *takes a long, noisy sip of a drink*
>[Lie]You know, Alice is really sensitive about her nose. If you wanted to distract her to get the upper hand, you could make fun of how big it is.
09-20-2017, 07:51 PM
wiltingMyosotis
Too Busy Reading

> Let's see what empty thinks of this mess!
09-20-2017, 11:01 PM
A-cha

[X] "Empty"

> Empty, we saw Nothingness. Holy shrimp-cakes. What did you do to piss him off? He was suppose to have Alice's body? What the heck, my dude?
09-22-2017, 02:39 PM