Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Visionary
Author Message
bigro
 Visionary
#1
Please explain

Offline
Posts: 1,910
Joined: Dec 2012
Radelaide
You are a Visionary, off to found your very own ideal society. You have $20000 ready to drop on some land of your own to make this a reality. You burst into the the emperors office with much gusto and boldly proclaim "A Visionary has graced your presence on this day, may I-" you pause, and look around for an attendant spotting a lovely young, yet visibly bored, lady "Young lady, see what fine lands you have on offer today."
She looks at you and sighs. "Offers on the board".
"I shall always remember your undying servitude." You say with a bow, as you head off towards the clearly marked 'Offers Board'.
The offers are, in your price range that is, as follows:
[Image: tzfhhb.png]
Looking over the offers, you familiarise yourself with the jargon. Red traits tend to be negative. Green ones positive, while Blue traits are situational. 'Interest' refers to how sought after the lands are, the more interest the easier it will be for you to attract new citizens to your land. However, high interest can also bring unwanted guests who are very 'interested' in your land.

Which of these fine locations will you choose?

[Image: sdivps.png][Image: ldrohc.png][Image: rqgkny.png]
06-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Visionary
#2
 

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
>Frigid coast
06-13-2017, 07:48 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Visionary
#3
 

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Dec 2011
>Desert Pass!
06-13-2017, 07:55 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Visionary
#4
 

Offline
Posts: 517
Joined: Dec 2016
>Frigid coast

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
06-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Visionary
#5
waldo no more

Offline
Posts: 679
Joined: Mar 2017
The sand pits
>Desert Pass, use it to be all mysterious like

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
06-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Visionary
#6
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 2016
> Frigid coast.
06-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
bigro
 RE: Visionary
#7
Please explain

Offline
Posts: 1,910
Joined: Dec 2012
Radelaide
You tear the slip of paper for Frigid Coast off the board and slam it down on the counter. The attendant jumps a little in surprise. "Oh sorry sorry I didn't mean to startle you." you say, startled yourself. "Fine, whatever man. That's $8000. Here's your sea chart. Here's your ROCK. Have a nice day" She says handing you a small stone box, a book and a receipt. She motions for you to leave once you have paid. The small box has ROCK inscribed on it. You remember this means "Registration, Observation and Communication Kit". It will serve you well.

Now, you need a way to get to Frigid Coast. A boat. You head down to the docks to inspect what is on sale. Your options are as follows:
[Image: tfyqqa.png]
You mull over your options, remembering that larger boats require more maintenance and that slower boats require more food for crew. Which of these worthy vessels will you choose?

[Image: sdivps.png][Image: ldrohc.png][Image: rqgkny.png]
06-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Visionary
#8
waldo no more

Offline
Posts: 679
Joined: Mar 2017
The sand pits
The Kayak. You're only one person, right?

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
06-13-2017, 01:43 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Visionary
#9
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 2016
The Cyclebarge. You won't know if you pick up more people right?

Also it's wind powered so you dont constantly have to rowl
06-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Visionary
#10
 

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Dec 2011
Cyclebarge! Everybody loves options! Can we get it in purple? or at least the sails?
06-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Swirly
 RE: Visionary
#11
Magical girl of Gears and Metal

Offline
Posts: 55
Joined: Apr 2017
The Isle of Manhattan
Cyclebarge!
06-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Visionary
#12
 

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
(06-14-2017, 11:56 PM)Swirly Wrote: Cyclebarge!
06-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
bigro
 RE: Visionary
#13
Please explain

Offline
Posts: 1,910
Joined: Dec 2012
Radelaide
"You there!" You exclaim at what seems to be the sails-man. "I would like to buy that boat, can I get it in purple?"
The man laughs at you. "Aye mate sure you can but it'd cost you triple, purples for those royals don't you know." He says writing up a receipt. You take the boat with boring white sails. "Oh by the by where you headed off to?" The sails-man inquires. "I am headed off on a perilous journey to the Frigid Coast to found a society that will one day rival the grand capital." you reply, staring past them in a stoic manner. They give you a weird look and simply say "Ite then" as though you were a loon. The nerve.

Satisfied with your purchase you are almost set to leave, but you consider you may need help. A hired hand could be a valuable. You head to an employment agency and ask to see profiles of people who would be down for this sort of journey. You get three short profiles as options:
[Image: mpiqcd.png]
You think to yourself, "I can take any number of these, even none" as you buckle down to make a decision. Which of these fine people will accompany you to the Frigid Coast?

[Image: sdivps.png][Image: ldrohc.png][Image: rqgkny.png]
06-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Visionary
#14
 

Offline
Posts: 517
Joined: Dec 2016
I'm inclined towards Bez, myself. Good for rowing the boat and some limited use mining.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
06-15-2017, 05:38 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
SirBlizz98
 RE: Visionary
#15
S. L. GG Esq.

Offline
Posts: 339
Joined: Mar 2013
>Gonzo seems like the man, a principled man, who also happens to be a bat.

[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: xYqfVVS.png][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
06-15-2017, 05:57 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Visionary
#16
 

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Dec 2011
Frankie and Bez. It must be. It's a perfect dream team!
06-15-2017, 06:34 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Visionary
#17
waldo no more

Offline
Posts: 679
Joined: Mar 2017
The sand pits
Let's not be cheap with the people that will accompany us, pick Gonzo.

[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
06-15-2017, 08:59 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Visionary
#18
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 360
Joined: Apr 2016
> Gonzo!!
06-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Visionary
#19
 

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
(06-15-2017, 01:26 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: > Gonzo!!
06-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Visionary
#20
 

Offline
Posts: 582
Joined: May 2016
That place that isn't here
>Gonzo
06-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
bigro
 RE: Visionary
#21
Please explain

Offline
Posts: 1,910
Joined: Dec 2012
Radelaide
You're having some troubles deciding which of these are best, as though you have many opinions swirling in your head at once. After you decide on Gonzao, you SLAM the profile onto the table where you were examining the profiles. You are very proud of yourself and are 100% certain of this. You boldly exclaim "EGADS I MUST HAVE THIS MAN." No one is impressed, nor do they particularly care about your outburst. You head to the counter and pay Gonzo's fee, you are informed he will meet with you at the docks tomorrow ready to leave.

Your last errand is to pack supplies.

A simple crystal will suffice for you, being a visionary, however Gonzo will need food. Taking up one of your ships two inventory slots. The other can be filled with one of three things from the nearby equipment outlet. Your options are thus:
[Image: 69Xp7dB.png]
You are quite perplexed as to why they are advertising "nothing" but here it is.

Choose one and only one.

[Image: sdivps.png][Image: ldrohc.png][Image: rqgkny.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 08:54 AM by bigro.)
06-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Visionary
#22
 

Offline
Posts: 202
Joined: Dec 2011
Pssht. If Gonzo is so "EXPERIENCED" and "PRINCIPLED" and a "HOARDER" I'm sure he has his own food and what not. Besides. I'm contractually obligated to encourage you to pick nothing! Nothing! It's what's for dinner! Nothing! It runs apps! Nothing! Buy one, get one free!
06-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Visionary
#23
 

Offline
Posts: 582
Joined: May 2016
That place that isn't here
>The fishing-ocean-thingy sounds like a good option for a coastal settlement.
06-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Visionary
#24
 

Offline
Posts: 517
Joined: Dec 2016
Here's a real tough choice. Being a mountainous region, the mining kit sounds like a solid choice. Mind, unless someone sends a boat to check on us/trade, it will be a very short expedition.

The fishing kit however could sustain the team until we have an actual base camp. We won't have much to trade other than maybe some weird fish, but we could survive.

Or we could get nothing. Given that it's for free, either we really get nothing or whatever we do get is something the seller really wants to get rid of.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
06-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
smuchmuch
 RE: Visionary
#25
 

Offline
Posts: 236
Joined: Aug 2016
> We've spent 13000 so far (8000+2000+3000). We could actualy afford all three kits.
06-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply