Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
Four.
Author Message
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #26
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
Off to a good start, we all actually agree on something.

Blue is a nice color.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-04-2017 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Four.
Post: #27
WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN U HAVE ORT

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: The sand pits
>But-But red is a nice colour! It's red, like red! And also your hair! Red is thr colour of cool kids, all cool kids choose the clour red!

Beef Squad: Bird cops n' robos woah
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 11:37 PM by Myeth.)
07-04-2017 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #28
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-04-2017 08:14 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  >Blue, to match your Nudity Obscurers and Light Devouring Look Orbs Garments and Eyes

(07-04-2017 10:05 AM)typeandkey Wrote:  >The blue door seems like a lucky choice. I'm sure some culture out there says blue is lucky.

(07-04-2017 11:28 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " REALIGNING UNIT PARAMETERS : This unit agrees to lend you it's 'STRENGTH' and 'WILL'. Also this unit sees no reason not to agree to the Middle Door. Until further information is provided, all three doors may as well be the same color to us. "

(07-04-2017 06:36 PM)Kaynato Wrote:  "Blue shall be the door of choosing. To that place we deposit ourselves."

(07-04-2017 08:25 PM)The Walrus Wrote:  >Eeny, meeny, miny, mame,
Catch a door by the frame.
If it's wrong, you've us to blame!
My guide says to pick the very best one,
so go through Y...O...Blue!

(07-04-2017 09:02 PM)Arcanuse Wrote:  Off to a good start, we all actually agree on something.

Blue is a nice color.

[Image: aubrey_approves.png?raw=true]

Aubrey is delighted to hear you all cooperating.

AUBREY
"I think so, too."

(07-04-2017 11:36 PM)Myeth Wrote:  >But-But red is a nice colour! It's red, like red! And also your hair! Red is thr colour of cool kids, all cool kids choose the clour red!

AUBREY
"All the same, majority wins."
"Red IS a nice colour, though."

[Image: aubrey_at_the_door.png?raw=true]

She approaches the blue door.

(07-04-2017 11:28 AM)NotABear Wrote:  "Do you require a token badge from us to make use of this power?"

AUBREY
"I don't think so..."

A moment's pause.

AUBREY
"But why don't you try making me one?"
"Something small and simple, to test if
you're capable of... WILLing things into
existence."

Spoiler :
Here's your chance to make me model a new lowpoly asset!!
07-05-2017 04:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #29
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
> A pretty bracelet, perhaps? What do you suggest?

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-05-2017 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #30
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
>A badge eh?

>since it's the first, nothing terribly complicated.
Spoiler :
[Image: 1umnBaD.png] Or [Image: wvzYzCo.png]

>As for a power, eh. It locks and unlocks doors.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 06:01 AM by Arcanuse.)
07-05-2017 04:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #31
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
[Image: 2017-07-05-01.png]

" Here is our badge manifest. The pips have been filled with useless, powerless diamond because The Techmind insists that you fill the settings yourself. We hope this is not an inconvenience. For now, you can use this to scan objects. We will provide helpful suggestions. "
07-05-2017 05:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #32
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-05-2017 04:55 AM)Arcanuse Wrote:  >A badge eh?

>since it's the first, nothing terribly complicated.
Spoiler :
[Image: 1umnBaD.png] Or [Image: wvzYzCo.png]

>As for a power, eh. It locks and unlocks doors.

(07-05-2017 05:57 AM)NotABear Wrote:  
Spoiler :
[Image: 2017-07-05-01.png]

" Here is our badge manifest.

The pips have been filled with useless, powerless diamond because The Techmind insists that you fill the settings yourself. We hope this is not an inconvenience.

For now, you can use this to scan objects. We will provide helpful suggestions. "


You created the Council's Favour!
Your conflicting intentions produce an item from both designs.
[Image: badge_unfilled.gif?raw=true]


COUNCIL'S FAVOUR (Equipment)
This colorful badge unseals areas normally unavailable to visitors.
By filling the pips with CORES, one can add to or alter its functions.
Perhaps other things can fit in the pips, too...?


[Image: badge_get.png?raw=true]

The Council's Favour shimmers into existence in front of Aubrey. She immediately adds it to her Inventory.

AUBREY
"I can't... no, I can believe that worked."
"I'm just surprised that I didn't think of it 10
years ago!"

AUBREY
"Thank you, Council. I have a feeling I'm going to need this."

Aubrey's quiet for a second. Then:

AUBREY
"Unless there's anything pressing you want to say, I think we should go."
"I don't want to be here any longer than I have to—no offense."
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 09:39 AM by Tuesday.)
07-05-2017 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #33
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
Interesting. Well, unless the other members of the council have something they wish to ask, off we go.

Hopefully we can learn a bit more about, well. whatever is on the other side of the door.

...We don't get out much.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-05-2017 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: Four.
Post: #34
 

Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
The Council Desires to know you a little better, so as to ease your Assimilation into our Mind Mass Become Friends

What Who is it that you seek here and How dare you intrude upon our realm How is it you know so much about this place
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 09:51 AM by Lordlyhour.)
07-05-2017 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #35
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
" (INTERNAL MEMO: Council Member Lordlyhour, The Techmind would like to remind you that the In-Between belongs to all member/s/-races of the Council as per the Armistice. Also that our duty is to Guide the Visitors.) "

" Visitor Aubrey, The Central Door awaits. Call when you need Guidance. "
07-05-2017 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #36
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
Oh, perhaps you can explain to us how this works on the way there, to wherever that door leads? Goodness, what a strange place.

Could you talk to us mentally, so you would not disturb the ones around you? Or do you think we can create a small communication device?

If we could, I would suggest a flip phone!! They're quite fun to play with.

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-05-2017 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Four.
Post: #37
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Knock on the blue door before you open it. Remember etiquette no matter the situation.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
07-05-2017 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaynato
 RE: Four.
Post: #38
Archivist

Offline
Posts: 1,973
Joined: Nov 2011
Remember to greet anyone we meet!

[Image: pelahain.png] - [Image: mascot2.gif] - homepage - tumblr - [Image: egg013.png?raw=1][Image: egg017.png?raw=1]
07-05-2017 08:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Walrus
 RE: Four.
Post: #39
 

Offline
Posts: 62
Joined: Jul 2016
Are there any limitations or dangers to beware of with this ability to WILL stuff into existence? Such power rarely comes without a cost, in my experience.
07-05-2017 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #40
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-05-2017 09:39 AM)Arcanuse Wrote:  Interesting. Well, unless the other members of the council have something they wish to ask, off we go.

(07-05-2017 09:42 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  The Council Desires to know you a little better, so as to ease your Assimilation into our Mind Mass Become Friends

What Who is it that you seek here and How dare you intrude upon our realm How is it you know so much about this place

(07-05-2017 10:21 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " (INTERNAL MEMO: Council Member Lordlyhour, The Techmind would like to remind you that the In-Between belongs to all member/s/-races of the Council as per the Armistice. Also that our duty is to Guide the Visitors.) "

[Image: awkwardsauce.png?raw=true]

Aubrey senses a little hostility. She appears uneasy.

AUBREY
"... Later."

(07-05-2017 10:21 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " Visitor Aubrey, The Central Door awaits. Call when you need Guidance. "

AUBREY
"Thank you."

(07-05-2017 11:45 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  Oh, perhaps you can explain to us how this works on the way there, to wherever that door leads? Goodness, what a strange place.

Could you talk to us mentally, so you would not disturb the ones around you? Or do you think we can create a small communication device?

The Walrus Wrote:Are there any limitations or dangers to beware of with this ability to WILL stuff into existence? Such power rarely comes without a cost, in my experience.

[Image: talking.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"I don't think we should create things unnecessarily."
"I don't know what the consequences are yet, but I'm
sure they exist—even for you."

(07-05-2017 07:40 PM)typeandkey Wrote:  >Knock on the blue door before you open it. Remember etiquette no matter the situation.

(07-05-2017 08:11 PM)Kaynato Wrote:  Remember to greet anyone we meet!

AUBREY
"It doesn't matter."
"Where I'm going, you don't get chummy with the locals."

That said, Aubrey heads into the portal with a running start.

[Image: click_for_update.png?raw=true]

==>
07-05-2017 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #41
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
[Image: well_damn.png?raw=true]

Aubrey takes stock of her surroundings.
She has no idea where she is, nor why the world crackles with static, but it bothers her.
It bothers her immensely.

[Image: speaking.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"...The floor is newspaper."
"This is not where I wanted to be."

AUBREY
"Do you think this is a safe place to
talk? Something about the white noise...
I feel like we're being
watched, even though that's probably
not true."
(This post was last modified: Today 07:56 AM by Tuesday.)
07-06-2017 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #42
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
>Well, It's been a while since we've seen the outside world, but I don't think the floor was newspaper...

>Right then. Could you inspect that blurry gate/fence over there? I don't see anything else to do here.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-06-2017 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: Four.
Post: #43
 

Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
I Would Recommend Staying and Reveling in the Glorious Auditory Fuzz Escarpering in a --->wise direction A Feeling of being watched bodes well ill. Perhaps the Symbol of the Council's Unrelenting disdain Favour Might prove useful in unbarring the Blurred gate?

(re: The Techmind: Noted and Summarily discarded taken under advisement The True Old Management Will rend you into your constituent parts Is making the changeover more difficult than it needs to be and should be Aided in its inevitable return Ignored The Management Thanks you for your Understanding)
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 12:55 AM by Lordlyhour.)
07-06-2017 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: Four.
Post: #44
The Goddamn Pacman

Offline
Posts: 7,818
Joined: Jul 2011
We could always take a look at the newspapers. Who knows, maybe there's some kind of cryptic clue in the articles.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change | I'm overwhelmed
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it | Cleaning up someone else's mess
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe | Beauty is a curse
07-06-2017 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Four.
Post: #45
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Oh, this looks like a good vacation spot. Don't fret. This place is assuredly on the up and up. Just watch out for journalists. They're like piranha in groups.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
07-06-2017 01:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #46
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
> Er, where did you expect to end up? Or where you wanted to be, rather?

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-06-2017 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #47
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
" (INTERNAL MEMO: . . . The Techmind will have this Unit remind the Mind Mass via Councilor Lordlyhour that it's stance remains the same. The job of the Council is to Guide. When Visitor Aubrey's quest is complete, anything else that happens does not concern The Techmind.) "
" (INTERNAL MEMO: This Unit would like to put forward the motion that the Mind Mass, being old, is uncool. The Mind Mass does not know how to do the X-TREEM SPORTS, wears their hats forwards, and eats yogurt from a bowl instead of a tube.) "
" (INTERNAL MEMO: . . . The Techmind has advised this Unit to apologize, and clarify that this Unit's opinions do not reflect the opinion of The Techmind, and The Techmind still intends to pursue a peaceful symbiosis with all Council members.) "

" Councilor Dragon Fogel has a good idea. Requesting SWITCH CAMERA and INSPECT [Newspaper Platform]. "
07-06-2017 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #48
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-06-2017 12:35 AM)Arcanuse Wrote:  >Well, It's been a while since we've seen the outside world, but I don't think the floor was newspaper...

>Right then. Could you inspect that blurry gate/fence over there? I don't see anything else to do here.

[Image: inspecting_gate.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"I remember these."
"It's a one-way gate. From this side, you
can't leave, but someone else can come in."

AUBREY
"That's not suspicious at all."

(07-06-2017 12:44 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  I Would Recommend Staying and Reveling in the Glorious Auditory Fuzz Escarpering in a --->wise direction A Feeling of being watched bodes well ill. Perhaps the Symbol of the Council's Unrelenting disdain Favour Might prove useful in unbarring the Blurred gate?"

[Image: gate_disabled.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"Done. Thanks again."

(07-06-2017 12:58 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote:  We could always take a look at the newspapers. Who knows, maybe there's some kind of cryptic clue in the articles.

(07-06-2017 02:57 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " Councilor Dragon Fogel has a good idea. Requesting SWITCH CAMERA and INSPECT [Newspaper Platform]. "


Camera switched to POV mode. Request SWITCH CAMERA again to change back.

[Image: pov_inspecting_newspaper.png?raw=true]

Aubrey inspects the ground.

AUBREY
"Old-timey advertisements and news clippings."
"Whoever's in charge must like vintage things,
for whatever it matters..."

(07-06-2017 01:00 AM)typeandkey Wrote:  >Oh, this looks like a good vacation spot. Don't fret. This place is assuredly on the up and up. Just watch out for journalists. They're like piranha in groups.

(07-06-2017 01:04 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  > Er, where did you expect to end up? Or where you wanted to be, rather?

AUBREY
"...I don't know. Not exactly."

AUBREY
"When I was little, my best friend and I were brought to the In-Between against our will."
"The 'person' who took us wanted to trap us in their own piece of this world..."
"I escaped with the help of a guide, but my friend—Jackie—she wasn't so lucky."

AUBREY
"So, here I am."

(07-06-2017 02:57 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " (INTERNAL MEMO: . . . The Techmind will have this Unit remind the Mind Mass via Councilor Lordlyhour that it's stance remains the same. The job of the Council is to Guide. When Visitor Aubrey's quest is complete, anything else that happens does not concern The Techmind.) "
" (INTERNAL MEMO: This Unit would like to put forward the motion that the Mind Mass, being old, is uncool. The Mind Mass does not know how to do the X-TREEM SPORTS, wears their hats forwards, and eats yogurt from a bowl instead of a tube.) "
" (INTERNAL MEMO: . . . The Techmind has advised this Unit to apologize, and clarify that this Unit's opinions do not reflect the opinion of The Techmind, and The Techmind still intends to pursue a peaceful symbiosis with all Council members.) "

(07-06-2017 12:44 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  (re: The Techmind: Noted and Summarily discarded taken under advisement The True Old Management Will rend you into your constituent parts Is making the changeover more difficult than it needs to be and should be Aided in its inevitable return Ignored The Management Thanks you for your Understanding)

[Image: pov_ready.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"Is... everything alright up there?"
"I'm sensing some tension..."
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 05:15 AM by Tuesday.)
07-06-2017 05:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #49
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
> Aubery, do you happen to see those colourful writings?
> And don't mind them, I suppose. Let them sort their disagreements on their lonesomes.
> In any case, maybe go forward. I wonder what's there!

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-06-2017 05:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: Four.
Post: #50
 

Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
Leaping Off the Side of The PlatformFollowing your Mind Arrow seems to be the best course of action available. Furthermore Antiques are wonderful and never fail to enrich a mind(mass)

(Re: The Techmind Unit that is not a bear: The TrueNewManagement Assures you that the Mind Mass is EXTREMELY cool and can even do the Arcane Skateboarding Technique Known as Kickflip Agrees Completely with your sentiment. The Mindmass is Under New Management for a reason. That reason is Lack of a Quantifiable Radicality Quotient. Your Suggestion Vis Yoghurt Consumption Methodology has been taken under advisement)
07-06-2017 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply