Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Post Reply 
Four.
Author Message
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #151
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-16-2017 02:15 PM)Seyhial Wrote:  > Was your plan to just come back here and somehow rescue your friend ? Did you even bring anything to help you ? You're just as naive as you were back in the theater.

> Fortunately for you, you've got the Council this time. And we will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.

AUBREY
"How do you know that? And how d̛͉̥̮͔̟̦͙̻͈̀à̛̪͈r͕̰͍ͅḙ̸̮̖̖͠ you—"

She remembers Radical Red's warning and catches herself.

AUBREY
"If you want to know what I've got, we can talk about this later. Not here, not now."
"Just know that I haven't been sitting on my arse for ten years, not preparing."

You sense some hostility.

(07-16-2017 01:21 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  > I apologize for that, Aubrey. I hope you feel better.
> Could you kindly read that book and see what it has to say? It has me curious.

AUBREY
"No, it's... it's alright. My temper got away from me."
"Thank you. I appreciate your help, Council."

(07-16-2017 05:39 PM)Dediles Wrote:  
Spoiler :
RE: Radical Red
what exactly is wrong with a hardcover green book? it's hardly the most threatening color, unlike oh say, the color of blood. seriously, cool your radical jets.
-Avatar of the Dead Lilies

>textures here kinda suck right? what is that table even made of? or is this one of those metaphysical it's made of imagination type deals?

AUBREY
"Textures? Like in a video game? Haha, I wonder how you guys see the world."
"The In-Between is all metaphysics, so. I think whoever constructed this place..."

Aubrey runs her hand along the tabletop.

AUBREY
"Really likes corkboards."

(07-16-2017 04:05 PM)Myeth Wrote:  >"GIRL DON'T OPEN THE BOOK, DON'T TOUCH IT, DON'T GET NEAR IT, FUCKING OBLITERATE IT AND RUN"

Spoiler :
Important Letter to all members of the Radical Council,

Dear lord it's that fucking book again. They didn't even go easy on the girl and give her a paperback blue book. They went and picked the hardcover green. She must have really pissed them off in someway. Colour me Red, and suspicious.

~Radical Red

AUBREY
"I don't know your history with green books, but I don't sense anything strange from this particular one."
"It's not giving off that 'killing intent' so many things in this world do."

[Image: inspectingbook.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"I feel like this book doesn't want to be read—but I don't think it could stop me, anyway."

(07-16-2017 03:40 PM)Arcanuse Wrote:  ah. ah. ah. yes.
A fine choice.
It should fall from above in your vicinity soon.
Just pop open the snap locks on the front, and the contents are yours.

Package Contents
Spoiler :
[Image: fF05rYN.png]
5x 1/3 Health Tokens

[Image: 6ZZHB5v.png]
3x 1/2 Health Tokens

[Image: My8wnN6.png]
1x 1/1 Health Token
Just crush them to use them. Easy enough.
Oh, and ap ol og ie's in advance if it lands on you or Ada. It's a small package, but ■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■ ■■.

AUBREY
"Cloudy with a chance of care packages? Heh..."
"I'll keep that in mind."

(07-16-2017 06:21 PM)typeandkey Wrote:  >Sit down at that table and call out for service. Tsk, they don't even have the menus out yet, shameful.

[Image: sittingattable.png?raw=true]

Aubrey sits at the table.

AUBREY
"This is silly."
07-16-2017 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #152
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
( . . . )
" . . . Try . . . Asking the book for permission to read it? "
07-16-2017 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Four.
Post: #153
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 260
Joined: Jun 2016
Location: Wollongong, Australia
SET. THE BOOK. ON FIRE.
SUCH ARROGANCE. TO ALLOW. YOUR WORDS. TO EXIST. FOR LIFETIMES.
IT IS. THE HEIGHT. OF FOLLY.

UNDERLINE


Spoiler :
oh BOY. this is HAPPENING.
big guy HATES concepts like THIS.
i would IGNORE them, if i were YOU. but i am NOT.
you simply CANNOT match my BOLD visage.
~ BOLD

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 10:42 PM by Zephyr Nepres.)
07-16-2017 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Four.
Post: #154
WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN U HAVE ORT

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: The sand pits
I'm not looking when the book devours her soul, nope.

Beef Squad: Bird cops n' robos woah
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
07-16-2017 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seyhial
 RE: Four.
Post: #155
 

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: France
>Green, Blue, Pink and Orange. Do these colors mean anything to you ?
07-16-2017 11:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dediles
 RE: Four.
Post: #156
 

Offline
Posts: 67
Joined: Aug 2016
>you know, it actually does kinda look like a video game. there was the whole Pokemon battle earlier, and we even have a UI with three cute little pink hearts that I assume represent your health. the only thing that doesn't look like it belongs in a video game, is you Aubrey.

Spoiler :
Internal memo regarding the book
as long as we're on the topic of games, Y'all need to stop rolling to spot traps every five feet. If we look at every. single. thing. as suspicious this is going to take forever.
-Avatar of the Dead Lilies
07-16-2017 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #157
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-16-2017 10:41 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote:  SET. THE BOOK. ON FIRE.
SUCH ARROGANCE. TO ALLOW. YOUR WORDS. TO EXIST. FOR LIFETIMES.
IT IS. THE HEIGHT. OF FOLLY.

UNDERLINE


Spoiler :
oh BOY. this is HAPPENING.
big guy HATES concepts like THIS.
i would IGNORE them, if i were YOU. but i am NOT.
you simply CANNOT match my BOLD visage.
~ BOLD

AUBREY
"That sounds incredibly unnecessary."
"What do you have against books? I loved reading growing up."
"Do they not have books where you're from?"

(07-16-2017 11:04 PM)Seyhial Wrote:  >Green, Blue, Pink and Orange. Do these colors mean anything to you ?

Aubrey thinks for a moment.

AUBREY
"I don't know that they mean anything important, but orange was my favourite color."

(07-16-2017 11:21 PM)Dediles Wrote:  >you know, it actually does kinda look like a video game. there was the whole Pokemon battle earlier, and we even have a UI with three cute little pink hearts that I assume represent your health. the only thing that doesn't look like it belongs in a video game, is you Aubrey.

Spoiler :
Internal memo regarding the book
as long as we're on the topic of games, Y'all need to stop rolling to spot traps every five feet. If we look at every. single. thing. as suspicious this is going to take forever.
-Avatar of the Dead Lilies

AUBREY
"Interesting. I suppose the In-Between appears differently depending on the guide looking in? Not that it really matters, so long as we understand each other."

(07-16-2017 10:40 PM)NotABear Wrote:  ( . . . )
" . . . Try . . . Asking the book for permission to read it? "

AUBREY
"It's worth a shot."
"Um... hello, book. How... are you?"
"May I read you for minute?"

Aubrey gives a gentle, if self-conscious smile.

[Image: bookfloat.png?raw=true]

Silence. Then, with a soft hum, the book lifts off the table and glides towards Aubrey. Ada chimes in alarm. Aubrey hushes her with a pat.

**Aubrey's tenderness resonates with the book.**

[Image: bookspark.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"...Thank you for trusting me."

The book's cover opens on its own accord.

There are no words, but many sparkles.

Aubrey doesn't touch, and admires them in silence. She feels like a regular mahou shoujo.
07-17-2017 01:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Four.
Post: #158
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Briefly lament that this isn't a pop-up book.

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
07-17-2017 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #159
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
" The book seems lively enough. It does not appear to be threatening. Perhaps we should ask if it would like to come along. If it would put Councilor Myeth at ease, perhaps at some point, we can gift it a book cover? It would be like a fancy dress. For a book. "
07-17-2017 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: Four.
Post: #160
 

Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
Spoiler :
[Image: vqZ5chU.png]
The Magical Girl Genre is testing VERY well with our focus groups. We must insist you recruit the book. Merchandising revenue will be through the roof!
07-17-2017 06:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #161
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
> Switch to third person point of view, please. I'm worried there's something we can't see.

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-17-2017 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #162
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
Well, they are nice sparkles.
I suppose bringing the book along wouldn't do any harm, if it wants to come along anyways.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-17-2017 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Four.
Post: #163
WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN U HAVE ORT

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: The sand pits
(07-17-2017 06:57 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  > Switch to third person point of view, please. I'm worried there's something we can't see.

>This is a good idea, les' do that

Beef Squad: Bird cops n' robos woah
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
07-17-2017 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #164
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
" Actually, come to think of it, switching to third person view before entering a NEW room might be a good idea. "
07-17-2017 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seyhial
 RE: Four.
Post: #165
 

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: France
Spoiler :
Internal memo to Council member Lordlyhour : Do not send me memos.

> It's just a fucking book. Stop talking with it and move on. Tenderness won't help you get anything done in this place.
07-17-2017 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #166
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-17-2017 02:56 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " The book seems lively enough. It does not appear to be threatening. Perhaps we should ask if it would like to come along. If it would put Councilor Myeth at ease, perhaps at some point, we can gift it a book cover? It would be like a fancy dress. For a book. "

(07-17-2017 06:43 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  
Spoiler :
[Image: vqZ5chU.png]
The Magical Girl Genre is testing VERY well with our focus groups. We must insist you recruit the book. Merchandising revenue will be through the roof!

(07-17-2017 08:25 AM)Arcanuse Wrote:  Well, they are nice sparkles.
I suppose bringing the book along wouldn't do any harm, if it wants to come along anyways.

AUBREY
"... You seriously want to add this book to the party?"
[Image: ada_no.png?raw=true]
Ada chimes with indignation, interpreting this as your lack of faith in her abilities.
Aubrey doesn't need another magic item party member, thank you kindly.

(07-17-2017 10:02 AM)Seyhial Wrote:  
Spoiler :
Internal memo to Council member Lordlyhour : Do not send me memos.

> It's just a fucking book. Stop talking with it and move on. Tenderness won't help you get anything done in this place.

AUBREY
"I... no, you're right. It won't."
"My INVENTORY's limited, anyway."

(07-17-2017 09:27 AM)Myeth Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 06:57 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  > Switch to third person point of view, please. I'm worried there's something we can't see.

>This is a good idea, les' do that

(07-17-2017 09:35 AM)NotABear Wrote:  " Actually, come to think of it, switching to third person view before entering a NEW room might be a good idea. "

[Image: odear.png?raw=true]

You withdraw from Aubrey's POV.

? ? ?
"That book does not belong to you."
07-17-2017 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Four.
Post: #167
 

Offline
Posts: 408
Joined: Dec 2016
Hey there stranger.
Didn't hear you slink behind Aubrey there.
Mind eh, moving out of the ol personal space bubble?

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-17-2017 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Four.
Post: #168
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: Apr 2016
> Aubery, someone's behind you. Perhaps you should let the book go, and apologize? If you want to.

[Image: IMG_1277.png]
[Image: IMG_1342.png]
07-17-2017 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: Four.
Post: #169
WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN U HAVE ORT

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: The sand pits
>"Yup, let's just leave the the thing and goooooo faaaaar awaaaay."

Beef Squad: Bird cops n' robos woah
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers
07-17-2017 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: Four.
Post: #170
 

Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
A denizen of the In between? The Management suggests you Apologize, and introduce yourself. Explain you were seeking refuge from the Static. Being polite rarely hurts. Especially if you are intruding in someone's domicile. Being Hospitable might mean your host might offer hospitality in turn. Given your position as a guest, and an uninvited one at that, you have a duty to your Host. Even if they do have tacky taste in furniture Grab the Book and Run. The Focus Groups do not lie. Take The Book And Flee from the Confrontation and your ratings will be higher than even before!
07-17-2017 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dediles
 RE: Four.
Post: #171
 

Offline
Posts: 67
Joined: Aug 2016
>hey you did ask for the book's permission, maybe you should lead with that. also wow I can't believe asking for permission worked. I've gotta rethink my strategy for all this metaphysical BS.
07-17-2017 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seyhial
 RE: Four.
Post: #172
 

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: France
> Ask the emo girl(?) about this place. Do not antagonize her before you're sure you can obliterate her.
07-17-2017 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
typeandkey
 RE: Four.
Post: #173
 

Offline
Posts: 441
Joined: May 2016
Location: That place that isn't here
>Is the book yours?
>She must be part of the welcoming committee. Begin the interrogation. What does she know?

Noise Lights: A Text Adventure
07-17-2017 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NotABear
 RE: Four.
Post: #174
 

Online
Posts: 166
Joined: Dec 2011
" This unit was starting to worry that this place was deserted. Learning more has immediate, important value. But do keep your guard up, Visitor Aubrey. "
07-17-2017 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Four.
Post: #175
 

Offline
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 2017
(07-17-2017 12:33 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote:  > Aubery, someone's behind you. Perhaps you should let the book go, and apologize? If you want to.

(07-17-2017 12:39 PM)Myeth Wrote:  >"Yup, let's just leave the the thing and goooooo faaaaar awaaaay."

(07-17-2017 01:18 PM)Lordlyhour Wrote:  A denizen of the In between? The Management suggests you Apologize, and introduce yourself. Explain you were seeking refuge from the Static. Being polite rarely hurts. Especially if you are intruding in someone's domicile. Being Hospitable might mean your host might offer hospitality in turn. Given your position as a guest, and an uninvited one at that, you have a duty to your Host. Even if they do have tacky taste in furniture Grab the Book and Run. The Focus Groups do not lie. Take The Book And Flee from the Confrontation and your ratings will be higher than even before!

Aubrey's pulse quickens.
She wonders why she didn't sense this presence—then berates herself for assuming she could.
She turns around slowly.

[Image: talking.png?raw=true]

(07-17-2017 03:30 PM)Dediles Wrote:  >hey you did ask for the book's permission, maybe you should lead with that. also wow I can't believe asking for permission worked. I've gotta rethink my strategy for all this metaphysical BS.

NotABear Wrote:" This unit was starting to worry that this place was deserted. Learning more has immediate, important value. But do keep your guard up, Visitor Aubrey. "

(07-17-2017 05:14 PM)Seyhial Wrote:  > Ask the emo girl(?) about this place. Do not antagonize her before you're sure you can obliterate her.

(07-17-2017 06:15 PM)typeandkey Wrote:  >Is the book yours?
>She must be part of the welcoming committee. Begin the interrogation. What does she know?

AUBREY
"Is this your book?"

The denizen's expression remains static.

? ? ?
"The book is under my employ, yes."
"You can't take it."

AUBREY
"To be fair, I did ask its permission
before trying to read."

? ? ?
"Did you, now? Surprisingly polite for a trespasser."

AUBREY
"Is it trespassing if the door's open?"
"Because I found it that way."

? ? ?
"Curious indeed, considering you shouldn't even have been capable of leaving the area wherein you landed."

Aubrey thinks back to the one-way gate she encountered. Her eyes narrow.

AUBREY
"So that was a cage! You wanted to trap me there? That's some hospitality."

Ada hovers at Aubrey's shoulder, but she dissaudes her from violence with a shake of her head. The being chuckles. Its laugh seems tinged with static.

? ? ?
"Playing the victim when you came into my realm uninvited, hmm? The 'cage' is a simple security measure. Nothing personal. Your sense of entitlement is amusing, if baffling, though it explains a lot."

Aubrey gets the feeling this person(?) enjoys being cryptic at her expense.

AUBREY
"You know what? Nevermind."
"Pardon the intrusion. I never wanted to be here anyway."
"If you can point me to the 'Blue World', I'll leave you to the privacy of your sparkling book and newsprint resort."

The air grows thick with tension.

? ? ?
"The Blue World you might remember is no more, I'm afraid."
"Its Master has long carved out another space in the In-Between over which to rule."

Aubrey's blood runs cold. This wasn't part of the plan.
Ada chimes in distress.

AUBREY
"What now, Council?"

? ? ?
"Hmm?"

AUBREY
"I wasn't talking to you!"

? ? ?
"Moody, moody, and muttering to yourself at that!"
"The In-Between does have an adverse effect on long-term Visitors..."

**Aubrey's emotions roil.**

TUTORIAL
The more emotional Aubrey becomes, the hotter burns her WILL.
It shall draw the In-Between's less savory inhabitants like ants to a sugar jar.
If you want to unlock Aubrey's STRESS METER as part of the HUD,
why don't you try getting closer to her? Revealing one's innermost feelings
requires a great deal of trust, after all.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 09:22 PM by Tuesday.)
07-17-2017 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply