Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
>1: Definitely do it, but warn Yienna first. If she sees Uilos chucking Derrick across the canyon, she may think he's reverted to his old ways and go ballistic.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(12-01-2018, 08:48 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »>1: Definitely do it, but warn Yienna first. If she sees Uilos chucking Derrick across the canyon, she may think he's reverted to his old ways and go ballistic.

Okay, this is a major seconding. So a rewrite would be:

>1: Trust Ulios on his idea and do it, however, have Reggie fly over to Yienna and inform her about what they will do, so she understands the plan and doesnt get the wrong idea that Ulios is purposely doing harm and reverted to his old ways.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(12-03-2018, 02:33 PM)Glowbomb12 Wrote: »
(12-01-2018, 08:48 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »>1: Definitely do it, but warn Yienna first. If she sees Uilos chucking Derrick across the canyon, she may think he's reverted to his old ways and go ballistic.

Okay, this is a major seconding. So a rewrite would be:

>1: Trust Ulios on his idea and do it, however, have Reggie fly over to Yienna and inform her about what they will do, so she understands the plan and doesnt get the wrong idea that Ulios is purposely doing harm and reverted to his old ways.

thirding this
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Derrick: Trust Ulios on his idea and do it, however, have Reggie fly over to Yienna and inform her about what they will do, so she understands the plan and doesn't get the wrong idea that Ulios is purposely doing harm and reverted to his old ways



[Image: 1vhTWcl.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: LfhKgUx.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 3d8Rtsz.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: jGNxgwe.png]

You hear a loud blast from behind you, though with Bambino holding you, you're not exactly sure what it was.

[Image: AnacPFi.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Fp5ntzk.png]

Show ChatlogShow

The feeling of being in the air completely unhinged from any sort of stationary object as you disturbingly filled with fear, even more so when Lucia has dragged you from Faint Glimmer! However being in Bambino's embrace is enough to counter any negative effects.

[Image: 5D4hCqX.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: x19kjii.png]

Show ChatlogShow
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
> Derrick: thank Uilos and Bambino, that was pretty awesome.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Seems the snow fairy is warming up to the group. If we can continue upward movement like this we might gain another ally. Not a trusted companion like redeemed boss monsters, but a monster who still has higher mental capabilities and is willing to look favorably on our crew so long as we don't pull a stupid and lead them to die. Until then, let's keep a close eye on her. Seconding Panur, thank Uilos and Bambino and prepare to head out.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Derrick: thank Uilos and Bambino, that was pretty awesome


[Image: 2beb27l.png]

After you thank Bambino and Uilos for the assist, you've come to the end of a very narrow passage along the mountains, you think you see a figure at the plateau!

[Image: GcHhMp1.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. We can do it!
2. Can't win them all (Leave)
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
> Derrick: you made it this far, haven't you? Brainstorm with the group, you all have pretty unique abilities.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
>Derrick: Get Reggie to scout out this lake and it's surrounding features for you. See if there are any good spots in the mountain surrounding the lake to attach your grappling hook too. Try to swing across, or climb up to a higher vantage point. Make some climbing gear with your Black Creation Stone, and climb around the lake. If you're feeling brave, make a hang glider and glide across once you've climbed to a high enough vantage point. Try to solve problems with only your skills and tools, not relying so much on others, and remember that a long journey is not an impossible one.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(01-06-2019, 05:51 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: you made it this far, haven't you? Brainstorm with the group, you all have pretty unique abilities.

Seconding. It's always good to brainstorm these things :)
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
>derrick: perhaps yienna could use her ice powers to freeze the lake further, making the ice more stable for walking through
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(01-06-2019, 02:13 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
(01-06-2019, 05:51 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: you made it this far, haven't you? Brainstorm with the group, you all have pretty unique abilities.

Seconding. It's always good to brainstorm these things :)

Thirding. This whole adventure has been thus far focused on making Derrick pull out of his self-destructive hyper-introvert shell with the help of allies and to rely on others more - making their strength his strength. For all we know this is part of Zendo's redemption requirement, so let's show the strength-seeking zombie loner the power of a team. One that he can support and will support him. Because clearly this is a test and the Naruto fanboy couldn't just ASK to be friends.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Derrick: you made it this far, haven't you? Brainstorm with the group, you all have pretty unique abilities

[Image: D31ur3A.png]

You come across what looks like a winding frozen river, it's not much of a lake as Zendo described.

Show ChatlogShow
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
>Derrick: Thoroughly examine all the terrain around here, getting a good understanding of the distances between everything. Examine those rocks to the left to see the distance between yourself and them. If your grappling hook can reach, see if you can climb over to whatever it is if it looks safe enough to do.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
> Derrick: Ask Reggie if he could draw a door on the other side.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
>Derrick: mentally communicate with kremwahl for some advice, how would he do it?

i think we are meant to use dream manipulation for this, and derricks being in the wrong mindset
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
If we wanna try dream manipulation, let's cater to kremwehl's tastes rather than trying to talk to him.

>Derrick: Crack the ice a little near the start of the lake. See if you can get the cracked ice to form a set of teeth.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(01-06-2019, 11:40 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Derrick: mentally communicate with kremwahl for some advice, how would he do it?

i think we are meant to use dream manipulation for this, and derricks being in the wrong mindset

Seconding, but also adding:

Derrick: Realize that "commune with kremwhal" means "think internally to the parts of you that are kremwhal and realize these ideas are your ideas, and that the abilities he has to offer are your abilities. Get familiar with your own skills, abilities, and thought processes before proceeding."

That should help the nit-pickers understand the intent behind the word "commune"
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Do we still have the element gauntlet from....god, ages ago? If so, it would really help here, either through water to...well, you know, strengthen the ice, or earth to cause pillars from the bottom of the river/lake to rise up underneath us.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
>Derrick: Ask Zendo if he's got anything useful on him,, then ask Yenna and Uilos if they think they can use their powers to make the surface more stable
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
(01-09-2019, 08:42 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Ask Zendo if he's got anything useful on him,, then ask Yenna and Uilos if they think they can use their powers to make the surface more stable

Seconding. The group didn't really get involved last time, so let's get a bit more direct with them. A good leader knows what skills their allies can bring to bear in a situation, so it's time to make a quick pow-wow. The ice fairy also seems to be getting friendlier, without sounding desperate or rushed... this might be a good thing. We'll have to keep an eye on this development.

Also seconding looking into those elemental dealies.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
I know we had an elemental gauntlet at some point or another, I just can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. If it's still a thing, we should always keep it on us. Elemental Powers are OP when it comes to problem solving.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
It's a wearable item, so it'll always get dropped when the wearer wakes up. Nothing to do about that.
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
Derrick: Ask Zendo if he's got anything useful on him, then ask Yienna and Uilos if they think they can use their powers to make the surface more stable

[Image: rEj4HoI.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: nkaCRgs.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 7BAbkZU.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: XdmQdUH.png]

Show ChatlogShow
Quote
RE: Lucidstuck II
> Derrick: Take a moment to yourself to think about this. Think about how you'd solve the problem if you were alone and could only use your own capabilities.
Quote