Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Lucidstuck II
Author Message
neferiusNexus
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Mage of Void

Offline
Posts: 348
Joined: Jan 2016
Land of Metal and Rain
(06-03-2018, 04:34 AM)Kooper Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 02:54 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: > Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there.

We can probably jump to Emily while they walk and get her filled in. Whatever the case though, we should get moving ASAP.
Seconding this, but we should stop putting sequential commands since it's unpredictable whether iP will pull a Houdini on us like today. So change this into:
> Derrick: Take inventory; show to Garreth what you bought from the store. Both: Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there.

Seconding Kooper's command. Maybe there's an item in there that can help?

Also, is it just me, or is Derrick not responding to our commands. Like, at-all?!

This is worrying... i propose we focus on Garry for now (who can already hear us) and only appeal to Derrick when absolutely necessary.
We, uh, don't want a mental meltdown right before the big moment, do we :\
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2018, 03:49 PM by neferiusNexus.)
06-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 377
Joined: Apr 2016
Derrick: Take inventory; show to Garreth what you bought from the store.
Both: Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there


[Image: 75k6CHT.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: Let's take a closer look at what I bought today, I'm not sure what will be useful.
Garreth: Sure.

[Image: dNzwB5Z.png]

You empty your bag, there's a ton of things, but not everything will be useful.

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Garreth: Geez, you went all out.
Derrick: I didn't know what would be needed, so I splurged a bit, hehe...
Derrick: What do you think? Afterwards maybe some coffee would be good to keep us alert.
Garreth: I hear that.
Garreth: Hmm...
Derrick: I bought: Stuffed bear, Razor knife, Shades, Mint gum, Bandana, 8-ball, Paracord, D-rings, Cord lock, Some screws, Flashlight, Silver watch, Hourglass, Deck of cards, Duct tape, Hammer, Ballcap and a Bag of ball bearings.
Garreth: .....

The look on Garry's face is the same as always, but you sense he might be a bit overwhelmed. You don't know if you can take everything, but you don't want to leave anything useful behind. How should you proceed?
06-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
martialAcademic
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 261
Joined: Apr 2016
>Derrick: First off, it's important to establish what Garry would do without these items for the basis of a plan. Go through his basic plan first and then work together to figure out if there's anything that's reducing the options you can take or figure out what is likely to go wrong. Then determine what items, if any, would be helpful in mitigating that. If the answer is you don't need any items in particular then just grab some stuff that's generally useful: stuff like (but not limited to) a flashlight to see in the dark, duct tape and paracord for tying or making things, and a watch so you can make sure you know what time it is. There's two of you so you can spread things among yourselves as well.

I didn't want to say it because my post is already fairly large but we can also use some of the ball bearings and paracord together to make weapons at this point. We can relatively easily make a monkey's fist and we can take a few of those and tie them together to make a bolas. It'd just look like a keychain, or be relatively easy to conceal, and give Derrick and/or Garreth a weapon to use IRL that won't draw much attention. We can also just kinda use the ball bearings like marbles if we want to set a trap for somebody.
06-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kooper
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: Nov 2016
Somewhere
(06-05-2018, 04:12 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: >Derrick: First off, it's important to establish what Garry would do without these items for the basis of a plan. Go through his basic plan first and then work together to figure out if there's anything that's reducing the options you can take or figure out what is likely to go wrong. Then determine what items, if any, would be helpful in mitigating that. If the answer is you don't need any items in particular then just grab some stuff that's generally useful: stuff like (but not limited to) a flashlight to see in the dark, duct tape and paracord for tying or making things, and a watch so you can make sure you know what time it is. There's two of you so you can spread things among yourselves as well.
Seconding this. This post basically sums everything we need to do before knowing more, I guess. What did Derrick buy the hourglass for, though? I have no idea.
06-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ReedRGale
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Seer of Hope

Offline
Posts: 32
Joined: Dec 2017
Land of Stars and Paths
@Kooper I'd imagine that a lot of these are just crafting fodder for later, as it'll carry over into the dreamworld.

That said, I like the general idea of mA's post, but it's a bit long. I'm going to try to cut it down to general ideas as I don't want to limit Derrick's thinking to the specifications we can consider.

> Derrick: Discuss which items might be dangerous to have on you and which might be generally useful. Trust Garry's common sense.
06-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Panur
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Shipper of Crack

Offline
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 2016
>Derrick: take Shades, Mint gum, Bandana, D-rings, Cord lock, Flashlight, Silver watch, Duct tape, Ballcap and a Bag of ball bearings, and tell Garry to please leave his knife for the hospital visit.

I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c
06-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 377
Joined: Apr 2016
Derrick: take Shades, Mint gum, Bandana, D-rings, Cord lock, Flashlight, Silver watch, Duct tape, Ballcap and a Bag of ball bearings, and tell Garry to please leave his knife for the hospital visit

[Image: TVg5EJm.png]

You store some of the items you think will be useful, while leaving the rest behind.

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: Hey Garry maybe you should leave your knife behind.
Derrick: Y'know in case it may cause us problems.
Garreth: Oh of course.
Garreth: I don't keep it on me while I'm at home.
Garreth: It's in my room.
Derrick: Alright.
Garreth: Good for you, noting a detail like that.

[Image: R55xoYu.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Garreth: If you're all done here, let's go get that coffee.


[Image: 043jeNU.png]

As you head downtown you begin to wonder what Lucia must be doing right now, although you've become quite stressed over her situation you cannot fathom what must be running though her mind during this time.

[Image: mlBlgDM.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Garreth: Exciting, isn't it?
Derrick: Huh?
Garreth: You've somewhat created a plan and are in the process of carrying it out.
Garreth: A plan has stakes, as well as risks.
Garreth: You don't know how you'll go about it as you've never done anything like this.
Garreth: I can't imagine you're not even a little excited.
Derrick: ... I don't think that's the word I'd use.
Garreth: Maybe not but... I'm impressed that someone with your character can do something like this.
Derrick: What's that supposed to mean?
Garreth: Simply, it's out of character. Something like this has to be thrusted upon you, rather than of your own design.
Garreth: But even still, your in-character response would be to shy away, or doubt you can do this.
Garreth: Instead, you're on course against the unknown.
Garreth: Does this... feel natural to you?
Derrick: No... Not at all.
Derrick: But my friend's life is on the line. There's no way I'll just let this slip by.
Garreth: ....
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 07:35 PM by intrepidPioneer.)
06-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Noo5uke
 RE: Lucidstuck II
A Master In Escaping

Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 2018
Estonia
---->
06-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
ReedRGale
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Seer of Hope

Offline
Posts: 32
Joined: Dec 2017
Land of Stars and Paths
> Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support.
06-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kooper
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: Nov 2016
Somewhere
(06-07-2018, 09:17 PM)ReedRGale Wrote: > Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support.

I guess I'm seconding this. This might be good for the flow of the conversation.
06-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kayriel
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Heir of Rage

Offline
Posts: 84
Joined: May 2016
Does Garry know something we don't...?
06-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Heyoceama
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 708
Joined: Jan 2016
(06-08-2018, 10:22 PM)Kayriel Wrote: Does Garry know something we don't...?

What makes you think that?

"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
06-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 377
Joined: Apr 2016
Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support

[Image: O4p381W.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: This also doesn't seem like you.
Garreth: Oh?
Derrick: I mean for someone who tends to act like nothing phases him, you helping out is surprising.
Garreth: Just what is your opinion of me?
Garreth: You really find me to be a cold person, after the short time we've known each other?
Garreth: Do you find me inconsiderate or blind to others feelings?
Garreth: Or is it simply because I lack outward emotional reactions that you think these things?

[Image: rKFcDsk.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: ... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that.
Derrick: I just guessed, because of the latter. You're actually a great person.
Garreth: It's as I've seen you, although shielded by your own views and hiding within yourself, to have greatness within you.
Garreth: This... Darkness you have as your persona is never as I've seen you in.
Garreth: Your sister however... Is another story completely.
Garreth: I've always viewed people based on actions, not appearances.
Garreth: It also comes in handy when you know about a thing rather than assuming what the thing could be.
Derrick: .... You're right.
Derrick: I'm really appreciative though!
Garreth: I know. It's refreshing.
Garreth: Let's head out now.

[Image: XdkaWXe.png]

You arrive at the hospital. You make your presence known at the receptionist's desk.

[Image: SeMtFRw.png]

You explain to the receptionist that you're here with your friend to see a classmate, she lets you know her room number. You quickly inquire about an overnight pass, the receptionist says that you'd need permission from her guardian unless she's over 18.

[Image: 9kmKyvF.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: Hey Emily!
Garreth: Hi Emily.
Emily: Derrick and Garreth, what a pleasant surprise!
Emily: How come you two are here??
Derrick: Well I thought we'd drop by and check in on you, how much longer are you in here?
Emily: I'm discharged already. But I'm welcome to stay the night. I think I'm going to do that.
Derrick: Okay.
Emily: I'll be in class tomorrow.

1. Request Emily to help you and Garry get overnight pass. (Recruit Emily)
2. ==> (Leave Emily out)
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 07:31 PM by intrepidPioneer.)
06-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Panur
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Shipper of Crack

Offline
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 2016
>Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c
06-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CJayoj
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 2018
(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: >Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

seconidng
06-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Will Phoenix
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: May 2018
The moon of Ross128b
(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: >Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

Thirding, but think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?
06-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
neferiusNexus
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Mage of Void

Offline
Posts: 348
Joined: Jan 2016
Land of Metal and Rain
thirding Pan.
06-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
amaranthineApocalypse
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 2017
(06-11-2018, 07:49 PM)CJayoj Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: >Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

seconidng

Thirding
06-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Khanofallorcs
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 2018
Thirding Pan
06-12-2018, 05:37 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Rafael0055
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 2018
I also agree with pan
06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
martialAcademic
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 261
Joined: Apr 2016
(06-11-2018, 08:54 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:49 PM)CJayoj Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: >Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

seconidng

Thirding

Fourthing.
06-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Kooper
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: Nov 2016
Somewhere
(06-11-2018, 07:59 PM)Will Phoenix Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: >Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

Thirding, but think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?
Seconding Will Phoenix's command to make it
> Derrick: Recruit Emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it. If she does, think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?
06-13-2018, 05:51 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
enlightenedSage
 RE: Lucidstuck II

Offline
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 2018
"Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?" sounds a little creepy doesn't it?

Also hi! I'm SDFirion on Discord
06-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Shadowfyst997
 RE: Lucidstuck II
The Wolfmaster

Offline
Posts: 89
Joined: Apr 2016
The Great Northern Canadian Empire
This has no relevance to anything, but I just wanted to say I noticed the logo on the shooping bag Derrick had was IP Shop.

IP shop.

Intrepid Pioneer Shop.


Nice.
06-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck II
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 377
Joined: Apr 2016
Spoiler :
Terra, one of our avid observers is from Venezuela and as you may know people aren't doing so hot there right now, and he could use literally any help you throw his way, like donating to his kofi link http://ko-fi.com/terrabyte

Also remember he can be commissioned for amazing animations, as he's been working for Pan on Willfordswap https://mspfa.com/?s=25147 from the start, doing literally all animation work.
just ping him and ask for Prices. tell him IP sent you and he'll make you a deal ; )

GL buddy

Derrick: Recruit Emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

[Image: GOLlbp3.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: Emily listen carefully.
Emily: Yes?
Derrick: The truth is, Garreth and I are here on a rescue mission.
Derrick: Do you remember a girl named Lucia?
Emily: Lucia?
Derrick: Yes, we shared a dream in which she was there, we were all there, together.
Derrick: Surely you must...!
Emily: Lucia... My dreams are a bit foggy....
Emily: This place... was it... foggy as well?
Derrick: I think so, yeah...
Derrick: Yeah it was!
Emily: And I was wearing... clothing of some kind... maybe a painter's?
Derrick: Yeah!
Emily: .....
Emily: Ahh! I remember!
Emily: The Angels said--
Emily: Err, I was... told you'd come.
Emily: It feels like a long time ago for some reason.
Emily: So you're going to rescue Lucia today?
Emily: How exciting!
Derrick: Yes, but listen, we need your help.
Emily: If there's anything I can do, just say it.


Emily has been successfully recruited!

[Image: BsHznOg.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Derrick: First let me explain the run-down of everything needed.
Derrick: Lucia is on a coma in this hospital, her room is close by.
Emily: Are you sure?
Derrick: I'm positive! There's no doubt.
Derrick: Lucia has been in a coma for 8 years, I assume by the grace of her parent not giving up on her, but it seems that time has come.
Derrick: Tonight at midnight, is my window to awaken her, with a kiss.
Emily: A kiss? Like--
Emily: Oh yes... (The Angels had said this as well...)
Derrick: Pardon?
Emily: Oh... Nothing, nothing...
Emily: It seems quite fictitious, if you want my thoughts...
Emily: How do you know if it'll work?
Derrick: I was informed by her herself.
Emily: Where do you kiss her?
Derrick: I uhh... I guess lips? She didn't specify.
Emily: You know it might be reasonable to assume anywhere may work.
Emily: Leaving out a detail as crucial as that wouldn't be like her.
Emily: So if it'll make you more comfortable maybe a kiss in a less erogenous zone would be better suited. Like the forehead, or hand.
Derrick: Wow that's actually helpful information, Emily! I was uhh, extremely conscious of that detail, haha...
Derrick: Now, I brought a bunch of items, I'll go over them with you once we do some setting up.
Derrick: We're going to be staying over night to do this, I asked the reception desk if we can get overnight passes to see you, but they said that we need your parents permission because you're not 18.
Emily: My parents would not help you there... They're very protective of me, and boys that are strangers to them staying over here might worry them. Like a lot.
Derrick: Darn...!
Emily: But don't worry, I think I can help you out there.
Emily: What else?
Derrick: It's.... 6:45 now, we're closing in on 7. Maybe do some light recon work?
Emily: In that case, I'll go get you those badges.

1. Be Emily
2. Go do some light reconnaissance
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2018, 05:43 PM by intrepidPioneer.)
06-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply