Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Mayuventure talk thread (Art of Domination, Refugeville, From The Sands)
Mayu_Zane
 Mayuventure talk thread (Art of Domination, Refugeville, From The Sands)

Decided to create a thread where people who follow my adventures can talk freely among themselves and ask me questions that may or may not be directly related to the adventure threads. I enjoy reading story speculation, so feel free to add your thoughts too!

Art of Domination: http://eagle-time.com/showthread.php?tid=1710

Refugeville: http://eagle-time.com/showthread.php?tid=2065

From the Sands: http://eagle-time.com/showthread.php?tid=2054
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 08:40 AM by Mayu_Zane.)
12-18-2017, 08:16 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: Mayuventure talk thread (Art of Domination, Refugeville, From The Sands)

Probably a good place to say "thanks for writing great characters", because holy shit Vora for instance:
- skilled and smart tactician
- loving and caring mother
- in a healthy and nurturing marriage
- animal lover
- stands her ground
- diplomatic extraordinaire
and Queen Sajar? Also cool af. Just general "thanks for making really goof stuff"

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)

12-24-2017, 05:47 AM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

To be fair, we influence those characters too. I mean, I agree that Mayu handles the characters and the stories he tells really well (which is part of why I get so, some might say too, into it), but people like you and others help keep things going. People like me (mostly me) bog things down with overly wordy essays (which I've gotten better about... mostly... sometimes >.>).
12-25-2017, 04:13 AM
Mayu_Zane

Thank you, both for the praise and for sticking with me all these years. Y'all never cease to surprise me with what solutions you'd come up with for solving the crazy problems I swing at you.
12-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Mayu_Zane

You might have noticed, but I have a set update cycle with regards to the three threads. The schedule goes:

- Art of Domination
- From the Sands
- Refugeville

So since I just updated AoD, From the Sands is the next one to be updated. The update should be up in the next 24 hours. In the event that nobody has offered a suggestion after 4 days, I just move on to the next step in the cycle.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018, 05:22 AM by Mayu_Zane.)
01-03-2018, 05:21 AM
gloomyMoron
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

Fair. I try to comment consistently, but I hate feeling like I "dominate" the comments... so sometimes I "take breaks" from commenting. I'm sure it is mostly in my head, but I still feel bad that AoD wasn't as widely read as it deserved to be... and that is probably because of my word walls early on into the adventure that, err, 'scared' off some of the more casual people (who totally have a right to enjoy things differently than I do). So, I try to avoid posting too much, especially if I've already said my peace.
01-03-2018, 11:48 AM
LoverIan

(12-25-2017, 04:13 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: Post

Nah I wouldn't agree with that. I think you do a very good job questioning the strategy of our choices, and pointing out times that things get either too complicated, or aren't logically sound.
The debate aspect of the adventures I think only makes our actual choices better

(01-03-2018, 11:48 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: I still feel bad that AoD wasn't as widely read as it deserved to be...

Yeah agreed in terms of that I think the mayuventures are unfortunately hidden gems.
Especially bc I'm probably gonna gush again about how the worldbuilding, art direction, etc is really gr8 and is one of the biggest things that makes reading works like that tapatastic comics the (gudshit meme)

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)

01-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Mayu_Zane

Thank you, and don't feel bad. I think a lot of people wanted something casual/silly, which I am happy to indulge sometimes but I personally don't like bad tactics so I welcome any serious discussion.

That said, I've figured out a major reason why I keep making mistakes and having issues with consistency/continuity. I have a major aversion to reading my old writings, because it makes me feel ashamed. There are times when I read my old text files and I just had to stop and lie down for almost an hour because I was so distraught that past me just... did that.

In an attempt to mitigate it I tried to have 'isolated' text files where I keep notes on things, like the units you can manufacture. I have a text file labelled 'artofdomination_factory.rtf' which was meant to keep track, but it backfired spectacularly as I kept neglecting to update it with the latest additions.

I just... I hate reading my old work. It makes me feel disgusted. But I can see that this is necessary if I want to maintain continuity.

Spoiler :
And you're going to see the effects of that in the next Art of Domination update
01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
smuchmuch

A fairly common sentiment in many artists and writters, truth be told.
I offered you once to make a tracking sheet an a timeline recap document. Since due to personal circumstances, I have free time to spare, so if it helps, that offer is still open.

Quote:People like me (mostly me) bog things down with overly wordy essays

Naah, the debating and wordy essays are half the fun of this adventure as it stands.
It's true this adventure is probably more tad more technical and a little more involved than others. But that's part of what makes it trully stand out. And that's far from a bad thing

Right now if anything lowered the number of participant it's more the death of the MSPA forums of course. I mean the eagle time forums are great, but they jsut don't have have many peope. They aren't attached to a big project to attract new people like MSPA did so it make sense.

And for AOD, the the fact more than half the logs and archives are missing in an easy to read form (sorry Mayu but that dropbox is unweildy at best).
If you weren't reading this on MSPA good luck understanding how we jumped from the last post int he log (where our heroes see the art of domination 'book' for the very first time) to the stat of the thread in the middle of a region 1 attack
At least a quick 'cast of character' and 'glossary' lists in the first post would help.

I don't follow from the Sand so I can't comment on it.

Refugeville is actualy doing pretty well all things considered.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 03:08 PM by smuchmuch.)
01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Mayu_Zane

(01-04-2018, 02:44 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: A fairly common sentiment in many artists and writters, truth be told.
I offered you once to make a tracking sheet an a timeline recap document. Since due to personal circumstances, I have free time to spare, so if it helps, that offer is still open.

Thank you, please do smuchmuch! I will start working on a summary, glossary and character bios along with portraits.
01-16-2018, 05:36 AM