Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

You Wake Up In A Bar
Author Message
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 641
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
I've made a retrospective clarification to the use of Drunken Faster, as well as buffed Baker, as I felt it wasn't really matching up to the other ones in usefulness.
04-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
Hmm, yeah baker sounds a lot more useful now. The two turn version of baker could've been replaced by an employee working the stove for a turn.
04-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
deadharold
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar

Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 2018
Seconding [I] Copier and [II] Generator, Eraser
04-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Gay Owl

Offline
Posts: 823
Joined: Nov 2015
{I} Copier
{II} Audiophile, Phytogenesis

[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed
[M]om - Be an M-class and run your own village =)


04-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
A Guy Who Has Teeth

Offline
Posts: 247
Joined: Jun 2013
Australia
Intuitive, Because Having an Idea about what someone likes doesn't Mean We won' have to use our Imagination
Eraser Because That's a Pretty Useful Ability
and Either Of The Phytos, because I'm indecisive and I Like Both.
04-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
It's summer vacation B)

Offline
Posts: 1,689
Joined: Mar 2017
The big lil' Q.a.t.a.r.
Thording Copier, generator n' eraser, zonk zonk

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png][Image: q6vQDK5.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
04-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 641
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: p6wA0nr.png]

[Image: cJzbJza.png]

You have picked the skills Generator, Copier and Eraser. You may now use the Unshaken for any of these tasks at will. Better keep it safe!

After a few moments of consideration, you decide it'd be best to stick behind the bar for this talk. As much as you'd like to walk around, it's... well, it feels a bit odd. You turn up the music a whole bunch, take Stax to the far end of the bar, and confront him.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: g5KVyBT.png]

First, something positive-- couldn't hurt. You don't have much direction, here. You just try and say what's pressing.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: XJsfURj.png]
[Image: 57QXIvW.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: O8zMj3k.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: yjSum1x.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: C6Kcr65.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: zYkjmu1.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: PtzU1RN.png]

...

That feels familiar. Sure, Greene-- you don't remember a thing like that. But do you remember a thing like that?

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: PtTFKAX.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: VZc7IPn.png]
[Image: 7soTgWE.png]

You offer forth a solution. That's what you're here for, right?

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: Zg334Wb.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: Dj2O1zJ.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: j1EyNkL.png]
[Image: DoxrG0V.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: SGUU8B6.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 56Rj2QC.png]

You hear Sublimate begin to speak above the loud music, her honking finally audible. Her and Bloomy seem to have their attention on your scuffle, though Laren is just staring at the floor.

[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: 2yZP0Mi.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 4y14UPb.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: ZAaCIwJ.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 4gc6pBV.png]

Along with turning the music back down to a reasonable level, you begin to wash some dishes, starting with one of the plates-- seeing as you have none free to use. You're relatively happy to see Stax joining in with the other dirty plate-- the one which once held the Yeah, Screw You, Stax. Nice.

[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: GULK75n.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: 512Al9a.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: EBXym05.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: phUdfxC.png]

Stax turns back around for a moment, still washing absentmindedly.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 5EM4qyi.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: O84iQsf.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 02BlA6y.png]

You give just a gentle reminder.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: gktZsXO.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: k3ab062.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: L1SNCZ4.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: nFrTWqT.png]
[Image: 7Z9UwHL.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: AvUuEW0.png]

Besides small talk at the bar, you've got a few options here-- evening will be properly starting in a couple of turns now, and you've got time to use The Unshaken for various tasks-- or continue to wash dishes. Bloomy is just about halfway finished with her meal, and looks like she's taking her time with it, even though Sublimate's about ready to leave.

You make a mental note that The Unshaken can seemingly produce any named liquid with the Generator ability-- the only limit is what sorts of funky names you can imagine up.

[Image: V1oqhOT.png]

Cup status: 0 occupied, 3 dirty (Rooted Bean, Dynamic Dynamite, Ashen Corrugible), 3 free
Plate status: 2 occupied (Bloomy's TGCB, Stax's unfinished meal [1/3] ), 0 dirty, 2 free
Scavenger ability: Unavailable (0/1 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
Gonna go eat something. Humbug yuhwug I'm hungry.
[Image: B4UTOwM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:25 PM by kilozombie.)
04-10-2018, 04:32 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
deadharold
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar

Offline
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 2018
Generate two servings of delicious Liquid Flesh-Eating Bacteria using Generator
04-10-2018, 05:14 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
It's summer vacation B)

Offline
Posts: 1,689
Joined: Mar 2017
The big lil' Q.a.t.a.r.
Generate 2 servings of hot chocolate!!!!

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png][Image: q6vQDK5.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
04-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
It would be good if we have someone help us wash the cups. Does Laren still have something she hasn't paid for??

Spoiler :
[Image: 2ggXI9z.png]
04-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
FlanDab
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Polite Guardian of Corruption

Offline
Posts: 452
Joined: Jul 2017
The In Between of the Filverse and Earth
How about generating chocolate liquor?
04-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
Generate two servings of liquified gorilla.

It occurs to me, maybe stax sent NAME here to test if we're a player controlled character.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 05:03 PM by Fellow.)
04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Gay Owl

Offline
Posts: 823
Joined: Nov 2015
(04-10-2018, 12:06 PM)FlanDab Wrote: How about generating chocolate liquor?

ooo I agree with this, but maybe something like
>Generate some Curaçao
if it has to be a named liquid we've seen...
>Generate Vodka

[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed
[M]om - Be an M-class and run your own village =)


(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 06:41 PM by LoverIan.)
04-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
(04-10-2018, 06:40 PM)LoverIan Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 12:06 PM)FlanDab Wrote: How about generating chocolate liquor?

ooo I agree with this, but maybe something like
>Generate some Curaçao
if it has to be a named liquid we've seen...
>Generate Vodka
If we're gonna be slightly boring and pick a liquid we already know, let's go with chloral hydrate. We may need it to deal with unruly patrons. We'll likely only be able to pass off x-treme marine to harbringers.
04-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 641
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: x7r4GvN.png]

[Image: HUp2Wyw.png]

It takes a bit of consideration to figure out what you'd like to generate first with the Unshaken. The first tempting option is something extremely difficult to get elsewhere-- how about a full cup of flesh-eating bacteria? No, that's too dangerous, and you've endangered Bloomy enough today. Chloral hydrate? While it's helpful, you feel like it's a bit boring, especially since you haven't needed it lately, and could probably test out existing liquids at another time.

No, no, there's one thought that really piques your interest: Liquefied Gorilla. You're not even sure you know what a gorilla is, but this is bound to produce SOMETHING interesting.

Meanwhile, the conversation centered around Laren's being here continues. You decide, in classic Drinkmaster Greene fashion, to be supportive!

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: f2XOaim.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: ff396Yo.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: lv8fTx1.png]

The Unshaken is a bit difficult to fully get used to, but you uncover the keypad on the side, which lets you type in a phrase to Generate. While Stax occupies his time washing one of the 3 dirty cups, you start punching in 'Liquefied Gorilla'.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: kEf0cUQ.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: 5DPjk3F.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: pYlyQTv.png]
[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: r9KqeAT.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: ZZRzZxB.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: jJnHXRe.png]

Oh, jeez. You mistype the name as you're distracted by what Sublimate's saying-- a possible risk to your cover here in Terrats! You don't think that glowing gold person would like it if you were suddenly documented on Starnet, even if some details were removed.

Retyping the name takes another few moments as you speak.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: fgPYxyl.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: 6OCmMdR.png]

Phew.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: rXNzjGF.png]

Ahk!

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: SEHttMt.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 1AyQ8hz.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: CayCa8t.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: lnSMBmJ.png]
[Image: C6MFf3K.png]

Finally, typed in correctly! You start to fiddle with the 'accept' button, and in a moment, the Unshaken begins to whirr. The sound is... not pleasant, and you start to wonder where exactly the liquid animal inside is coming from. Hyperspace? Either way, the whirring, grinding, and gentle squealing isn't pleasant.

[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: SxlKNIt.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: Qbu0SUD.png]

There's a small readout on the side panel, which you begin to take into memory-- it seems to be a description along the lines of the ones you've seen in The Cabinet, and thus gives you an adequate description of the horrible slurry inside.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: p3vzxDW.png]
[Image: V8YoxMT.png]
[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: lzFeq5Y.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: Rr5bngP.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: TFDveM5.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: TGbFUhU.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: GNpdhDC.png]

As you pour the contents of the Unshaken into a suitable container in your Cabinet, you also clean the golden shaker using its in-built Eraser function, making destroying the contaminants very simple.

You've got an opportunity here! Unless you've changed your mind on payment, Sublimate seems to be happy going out to grab you some ingredients-- but it'll depend heavily on what you want more of, right now. With no real metric as to what ingredients cost or what her and Bloomy's orders were worth, you'll be shooting in the dark a bit; regardless, this is a good opportunity to replenish some of your favorites.

Evening is about to begin. You've got this next turn to wash dishes, generate new liquids, or do any other rest activity, before the patrons begin streaming in once more.

[Image: V1oqhOT.png]

Cup status: 0 occupied, 2 dirty (Dynamic Dynamite, Ashen Corrugible), 4 free
Plate status: 2 occupied (Bloomy's TGCB, Stax's unfinished meal [1/3] ), 0 dirty, 2 free
Scavenger ability: Unavailable (0/1 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

Thanks to the Unshaken's computer readout, you've gained a new entry in the Cabinet on your newly-generated substance.

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
Sorry for the delayed update! Had a bit of a busy week, but I want desperately to keep up the pace.

Laren's boss is somebody a few of you might have already met, in a place not so far away.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:26 PM by kilozombie.)
04-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Comander obviou's

Offline
Posts: 3,879
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
>Clean some plates
04-16-2018, 04:22 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
Coffee beans aughta be cheap and useful. We could also use some more fruits. We're out of gonit milk but we probably have a different kind of milk. Choral hydrate is probably best not discussed in public and unicorn tears would likely be expensive. Oh and we need more cucumbers, we don't have enough of those.
04-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 641
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: NHx2fXc.png]

[Image: HUp2Wyw.png]

Time for your first shopping list. You pick things you think Sublimate will be able to get to you in a timely fashion, and that also won't make you look too crazy. Earth-origin ingredients for Laren, and since you expended a cucumber on Bloomy's lasagna, you'll especially need some more of those.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: YYeTBDk.png]
[Image: QYPQZgm.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: QMtFceN.png]
[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: fh3awNB.png]

Since you don't have any dirty plates to wash, you decide to clean off the one set aside for Stax's meal-- getting rid of the previous progress, but netting yourself an extra plate for use later. It's not like he was really going to get around to that anyway, right? Meanwhile, he works on a cup. You're a washing duo!!!

[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: aUGJ0Pq.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 5njPEdU.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: OKPdKty.png]

You're very wholesome.

[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: HGUENJ7.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: WqLl92Y.png]
[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: Zl1oKSV.png]

Laren lets out a sigh.

[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: b1dDqaY.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 3xsQAUx.png]
[Image: 9MeTNoW.png]
[Image: 9zrc0sd.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: GsG74k6.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: fxKJyxP.png]

After giving Stax a mean-eye for a moment, Sublimate turns to you, as her and Bloomy begin to leave the bar. Her mechanical gaze focuses intently, and though- like typical- it's hard to see the mind behind the body like it is with organic beings, she seems to have some pertinent interest in you.

[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: 02xyGig.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: RTqNKTA.png]
[Image: 52DhOi2.png]
[Image: SCeNypz.png]

The swan and cat leave the bar through the rickety wooden entrance, and once again, Starwood Bough is quiet.

Sublimate and Bloomy have left the bar very satisfied with their service, and Sublimate will return with payment in the form of ingredients.

Stax has not cleared out from behind the bar. He seems determined to stick around.

From both a want to stay isolated from the rest of Terrats, and a comfort from being in Starwood Bough, Laren remains.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: BEQYtYy.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: d8wlpj5.png]

Suddenly, a new patron bursts through the door, right where Sublimate and Bloomy were a minute ago! It's some sort of terrifying gray clown head with red hair, perched directly atop two dark shoes, hopping and waddling around, its clown shoes squeaking with each step.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 1AQg1X1.png]

With a cheerful honk of its nose and a soft, comforting giggle, they begin to speak!

[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: lBjKhon.png]
[Image: 69CpeRi.png]

Laren leans back in both disgust and terror.

[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: Ii0rDyL.png]
[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: PwtvFCu.png]

Evening is in full effect. Patrons may stream in with little to no delay.

[Image: V1oqhOT.png]

Cup status: 0 occupied, 1 dirty (Ashen Corrugible), 5 free
Plate status: 0 occupied, 1 dirty (The Sate Catsberry), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Unavailable (0/1 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

You've got a little grocery store of your own, and it's called The Cabinet, and you can find it by clicking on this big box right here:

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
The first new patron in two months.

Let's keep up the pace, kilozombie.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:26 PM by kilozombie.)
04-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
It's summer vacation B)

Offline
Posts: 1,689
Joined: Mar 2017
The big lil' Q.a.t.a.r.
Spoiler :
:o)c?
>LIL FRIEND!!!!
>ADOPT?
>ADOPT

>maybe also serve them something before doing so, like uhhh

>powdered sugar n sulfuric acid! We all know clowns love powdered sugan n sulfuric acid!

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png][Image: q6vQDK5.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
04-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
An Eggshell Painted Black

Offline
Posts: 965
Joined: Dec 2016
Just the thing for you chuckles.
1 Dementia's bile
1 Banana
1 powdered sugar
1 cherry
1 tear of the innocent
1 drop of liquid helium

please accept this offering of appeasement, protect the bar against those meaning it ill with your clown magics
Spoiler :
oh god its here

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 03:29 AM by Arcanuse.)
04-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,071
Joined: Nov 2015
Maybe we should give this clown whatever we make him inside of a hat, so that it can be to-go. Whatever we make it needs to be to go. This clown needs. To. Go.

Maybe we should first figure out weither it wants a drink, food, or directions to a different bar.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:33 AM by Fellow.)
04-20-2018, 12:31 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
It's summer vacation B)

Offline
Posts: 1,689
Joined: Mar 2017
The big lil' Q.a.t.a.r.
but-
But why though! Its so cute!!! Im gonna name em Helen!

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png][Image: q6vQDK5.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
04-20-2018, 12:35 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Gay Owl

Offline
Posts: 823
Joined: Nov 2015
>Ask Laren to borrow the PDA for information on.....whatever Helen is.

[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed
[M]om - Be an M-class and run your own village =)


04-20-2018, 02:29 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
FlanDab
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Polite Guardian of Corruption

Offline
Posts: 452
Joined: Jul 2017
The In Between of the Filverse and Earth
º-º. o_o. Please don't hurt us.
04-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Lordlyhour
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
A Guy Who Has Teeth

Offline
Posts: 247
Joined: Jun 2013
Australia
(04-19-2018, 11:40 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: Just the thing for you chuckles.
1 Dementia's bile
1 Banana
1 powdered sugar
1 cherry
1 tear of the innocent
1 drop of liquid helium

please accept this offering of appeasement, protect the bar against those meaning it ill with your clown magics
Spoiler :
oh god its here

Seconding this, with a Generous Dollop of Whipped cream on top

(I'd say I felt guilty for suggesting this Newest of Patrons, but I Really, Really don't)

(also, Can we Have Intrusive occur? Or is Helen's Majesty to great for mortal eyes?)
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 03:21 PM by Lordlyhour.)
04-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply