Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

You Wake Up In A Bar
Author Message
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Aug 2011
Male
dishes. let stax stay if he likes.
01-10-2018, 06:11 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
SeaWyrm
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
The Roar of the Surf

Offline
Posts: 1,727
Joined: Oct 2012
>Activate Scavenger AND clean another cup. Just to be safe.

>Ask Laren and Stax what's the latest news around... where are you, some kind of small town? What's the town called? Do we already know? How big even is F-Rock?
01-10-2018, 06:15 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Comander obviou's

Offline
Posts: 3,684
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
re: Author's note:
Spoiler :
It totally makes sense. I've abandoned so many adventures after the first or second update for that reason. You're already doing so much better than I've ever done, in quantity and quality.

If it makes you feel any better, most people probably haven't even noticed your "delays" or "hiatuses"; you're still updating at a pretty rapid pace compared to some, and missing a few days is nothing to be ashamed of.

Turn on the radio, see if you can find some jazz or something. Some Bill Evans would do wonders for the atmosphere.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 06:57 AM by a52.)
01-10-2018, 06:28 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
MR MANSAND

Offline
Posts: 1,493
Joined: Mar 2017
U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
(01-10-2018, 06:15 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: >Activate Scavenger AND clean another cup. Just to be safe.

>Ask Laren and Stax what's the latest news around... where are you, some kind of small town? What's the town called? Do we already know? How big even is F-Rock?

Bam, secondin'

Spoiler :
yoo, take your time kilozombie, its aight!! I havent updated my adventure in like a month, so youre doing wonderfully compared to my lazy ass :P

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
You can check me out here as well!
01-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: QCVrDra.png]
You search under the counter for some sort of radio station. To your amazement, you find a music-playing apparatus-- which seems to favor just... human music? Of all things? You were hoping for some more varied tunes, but some human jazz starts to appeal to you, once you hear it for the first time.
[Image: rHMXuHz.png]

While it'll take the rest of your turn to finish, you decide to start washing one of the bugs' dirty cups. Though Vor had a little bit of residue, Nad nearly licked hers clean-- and so you start there, attempting to get it done before the new arrivals get inside.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: OmNciUC.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 1JIxxMG.png]
[Image: ModbDOo.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 3Mc18fw.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: R43xU6q.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: KNL2F21.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: dZpRv9i.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: NV7fXRD.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: vfUv2PD.png]
[Image: 1RZQap3.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: SMvpLq2.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: tFxaRfG.png]

Cup washed. Well done. You're hearing footsteps outside, so this timing seems perfect.

As you're stepping across the counter to place the cup somewhere it can be accessed, however, your foot bumps up against something on the floor-- a cup and a plate, just... sitting there. The whole time.

You have used your Scavenger skill.

A couple of patrons finally enter. What appears in front of you is something akin to a large walrus with a tall-as-hell hat-- and a very fuzzy, furry squid, with deeply emotional eyes.

[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: B4p4Jbt.png]
[Image: M1PZtu9.png]
[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: khebGYa.png]

The music seems to be going over well. Laren's enjoying it noticeably, while Stax hasn't quite made any indication as to his opinion.

Cup status: 1 occupied (Laren's Sweet Tooth), 1 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung), 4 free
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]
01-13-2018, 04:15 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
SeaWyrm
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
The Roar of the Surf

Offline
Posts: 1,727
Joined: Oct 2012
>Give the walrus some chowm, gin and chloral hydrate.
>Since the squid is having the opposite, and the walrus's cup is full, give the squid an empty cup. Turn it upside down, too. (Or... inside out?)

>But greet them and ask their names, too.

>Tell the walrus she's allowed to propose a toast, Callahan's style. But don't let her smash the glass.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 04:32 AM by SeaWyrm.)
01-13-2018, 04:28 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
MR MANSAND

Offline
Posts: 1,493
Joined: Mar 2017
U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
Maybe by opposite, the squid wants none alcoholic drinks. Probably hangin with walrus so she dont drunkenly roll into a ravine once she leaves the bar

>Give the walrus a round o' XTREME MARINE, a popular drink for most rowdy marine life based species which is pretty much nearly 97% alcohol. Fun for the whole family

>Squiddy gets the less exciting sister brand, the AQUATIC CLASSIC, not a drop of alcohol in sight, but it does have a mean sprinkle of chowm.

oh and what seawyrm said, say wussup and ask for their names!!

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
You can check me out here as well!
01-13-2018, 06:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Comander obviou's

Offline
Posts: 3,684
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
Activate Intrusive

That walrus needs some scotch.
01-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 949
Joined: Nov 2015
Give the wallrus an alcoholic drink with ice and give the squid a drink with warm coffee.
01-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Aug 2011
Male
i wasn't aware we had to ask for bios and full pictures now, seems like almost a downgrade, but i really wanna see the full-body squid.

serve the walrus a martini and the other one a mankini
01-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 949
Joined: Nov 2015
(01-13-2018, 07:26 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: i wasn't aware we had to ask for bios and full pictures now, seems like almost a downgrade, but i really wanna see the full-body squid.
Looking at what happened with Laren and Terry, it seems we don't get the full body pictures until the patrons introduce themselves.
01-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: AIbFGBf.png]

[Image: rHMXuHz.png]

This is a doozy. It looks like you're going to need to prepare both of their drinks-- and decide to start with the walrus' at complete random. In the future, picking who to serve first out of a lineup can be a useful skill.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: QeKVXp9.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: enQhtU8.png]

[Image: Ou7Hyk1.png]

[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: hr5RGV3.png]
[Image: ksFZudq.png]

[Image: EiZi58A.png]

[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: m92QJpT.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: vqnC0LB.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: EAckffL.png]
[Image: 7Xm0tfu.png]

You begin shaking together what's at least partially a martini. However, you've added in a special ingredient in secret-- to help achieve the order to make Sweet pass out.

[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: Nr32HtG.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: yEQ2iTI.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: AnZS2Xa.png]
[Image: GL20GDv.png]

A little sprinkle of chowm on top, and two ice cubes to cool it down... and the first drink is done!

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 1XOMSYW.png]
[Image: LDRzqgj.png]

[Image: G5wLzx9.png]

As chloral hydrate can be harmful and you've added it without explicit notice, Sweet is caught unaware by its presence. You were careful in dosing it, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: UM0T60B.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: WJMXNFc.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: wqSeRMc.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 7v43zH2.png]
[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: cvQ1yAe.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 38SrH6y.png]

You make plans to continue with making Tangy's drink, but your choices in what to serve him may change based on new information.

In addition, Laren hasn't touched her drink in several turns, and though it's still nearly full, she seems to be done with it.

Cup status: 1 occupied (Sweet's X-Treme Marine), 2 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung, Sweet Tooth), 3 free
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

(01-13-2018, 07:26 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: i wasn't aware we had to ask for bios and full pictures now, seems like almost a downgrade, but i really wanna see the full-body squid.

Introduction cards are given when a patron or passerby gives you their real name. Anything less will result in nothing.

[Image: HCUulSa.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
So, apologies with the chloral hydrate thing being secret. I figured this would be a good time to introduce keeping ingredients secret from patrons-- don't worry, if you happen to leave things exactly as is, Sweet will be fine, but people may question why exactly she fell asleep so quickly.

I don't really like doing things beyond your intentions as an audience, but considering the wording of the order and suggested drink, I hope you're alright with that small compromise.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 03:53 PM by kilozombie.)
01-17-2018, 03:24 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Aug 2011
Male
drink some chloral hydrate yourself to show it's fine
01-17-2018, 03:36 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
SeaWyrm
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
The Roar of the Surf

Offline
Posts: 1,727
Joined: Oct 2012
>Ask Laren if there's anything wrong with her drink, and if she'd like you to get her something else.

>Give Tangy something with lots of caffeine.

>Learn more about Harbingers! Are there a lot of them around here, or did you just get lucky?
01-17-2018, 03:53 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Offline
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Aug 2011
Male
(01-17-2018, 03:53 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: >Learn more about Harbingers! Are there a lot of them around here, or did you just get lucky?

also try to get lucky with a harbringer
01-17-2018, 05:41 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 949
Joined: Nov 2015
Huh, I figured we'd just be serving these two drinks all afternoon.

Coffee still seems like a good drink as an opposite to a drink that makes you pass out, though tea would work too. I don't know what we'd add to it though. Maybe something that makes you hungry?

Tangy isn't really a traditional/conventional harbringer so chances are he won't like finding a coin his drink.
01-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: SWyF2me.png]

You solidify your resolve. It's time to make things right: prepare Tangy a drink, learn everything you can about Harbingers, and have a great ol' time with one of them eventually.
Nobody ever said plants couldn't try and 'get lucky' with a fish, regardless of what those terms actually mean!

But the first thought that comes to mind is that you should try and put Sweet at ease by demonstrating that what you fed her is totally safe.

[Image: IyYPlw4.png]
[Image: ICrOvda.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: ZsDbZs8.png]

You wake up. As you struggle to your feet, Laren helps you up, struggling with your large form-- but she seems incredibly happy to see you conscious.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: EENrT0t.png]

Things look... similar. Laren is behind the counter, for sure. Stax is drying up the place where you spilled a cup of coffee, and... there's a new patron, with a first aid kit on the bar counter in front of him.
He looks a bit like a lizard person, with various faint imprints on his scales, like runes, two fins on either side of his head-- and a book on his chest, tightly wrapped and locked, with the title of 'The Death of a Hare'.

You have no idea how much time has passed.

...but you don't feel rested, either. In fact, you didn't feel sleepy at all before, and now you just feel worse for having laid down in that horrific void for so long.

And you completely forgot to ask Laren about that drink. God, drugs are bad. Or at least terrible for productivity.

Where to start?

Cup status: 1 occupied (Sweet's X-Treme Marine), 3 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung, Sweet Tooth, spilled Coffee), 2 free
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: 6zwm2wn.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
Sorry if this update breaks on, like, everything besides a browser. I wanted it to be especially wide, so as to sort of break convention.

The clickable image is only to provide music! It just happens to be the only recording of the album version of that song online, with the added animation being sort of an extra.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 01:22 AM by kilozombie.)
01-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar

Offline
Posts: 768
Joined: Dec 2016
Spoiler :
>"Oof.
>"Ugh, gonna... gonna need a minute to clear the ol noggin."
>"How's.... How's sweet?"
>"They alright after, after"
>"hang on"
> deeeep breath
>"after last night?"
>"is it last night?"
>"is it tomorrow?"
>"no, then it would be today..."
> misc muttering

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
01-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
MR MANSAND

Offline
Posts: 1,493
Joined: Mar 2017
U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
>"It's fine! I'm fine.. it'll take alot to knock this not-really-ol' 'tender down!"
>attempt to stand up while asking about lizard doc's day

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
You can check me out here as well!
01-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 949
Joined: Nov 2015
Thank Stax for taking care of the bar while you were asleep.
Also eat a couple of raw coffee beans to regain energy
Oh whoops you didn't finish your drink, beter finish it quickly
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM by Fellow.)
01-18-2018, 06:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dalmationer
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
hex bomb

Offline
Posts: 733
Joined: May 2012
Next time, just make a beepsky smash.

[Image: 38cGHpR.gif]
invest pisscoin
01-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
SeaWyrm
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
The Roar of the Surf

Offline
Posts: 1,727
Joined: Oct 2012
>Make sure Sweet is okay!
>Try to jot down everything you remember from when you conked out while it's fresh in your head.
>See if there's a cot or something back behind the bar where you can rest for a little bit.
01-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
kilozombie
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Offline
Posts: 513
Joined: Oct 2017
Oregon, USA
[Image: iVYKyUF.png]

You start concentrating, trying to remember everything from before you blacked out.

You learned a few things about Harbingers, as well as Sweet and Tangy. You made coffee, you spilled coffee-- and right before it fell into a void, names above dialogue boxes stopped appearing. Strangely... you seemed to be able to explain this, and you did, and Stax heard it-- utterly dumbfounded, while mentioning some kind of other bartender.

Then it was gone-- all of your function. But you were far from unconscious. All that you could feel was the emptiness of lacking a body, the stars which morphed and shimmered in surreal horror, and the gentle feeling of a voice which surrounded you, became you.

Then you woke up.

Right now, you're feeling a little bit weird, to say the least.

The new patron grins as he spots you conscious, and Laren seems exasperated.

[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: QzGYAE4.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: EZAx42T.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: Rbt4c4C.png]
[Image: oElaBQe.png]

Sweet raises up a fin to wave, chuckling heartily.

[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: d3zCUZ5.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: 3dX9vuv.png]

Relieved to see that most things are in order, you step over to your coffeemaker, retrieve a handful of beans, and immediately start chowing down. The caffeine doesn't take long to hit! As you're doing so, however, Stax steps forth, speaking in a lower tone.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: oOVqFM5.png]
[Image: yr6SOOD.png]

You remember the words of your very first patron-- don't give away that you're something different than these people. It seems immediately easier to glance over the fact that you said some... strange stuff, and just thank him for his time.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: D8vys6Y.png]
[Image: 4stOEv8.png]
[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: LS4UAqK.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 4oGuTeK.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: W70eU2X.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: RfBvxNP.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: JJyT761.png]

Seems you didn't get the doctor's intro card, for whatever reason.

Cup status: 1 occupied (Sweet's X-Treme Marine), 3 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung, Sweet Tooth, spilled Coffee), 2 free
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

[Image: HCUulSa.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
I'm a li'l bit surprised nobody noticed a secret in a recent update-- might be helpful for y'all interested in delving deeper into what's going on with bartending on the whole!

and no it's not the clickable music

Otherwise, there are always drinks and meals to be made, and new patrons to submit, both art-wise and subission submission-wise!
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 01:20 AM by kilozombie.)
01-20-2018, 12:32 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Myeth
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
MR MANSAND

Offline
Posts: 1,493
Joined: Mar 2017
U+1F1F6, U+1F1E6
Hells no. What if he then learns somethin he shouldn't? Ain't gonna risk that shizzam!
>Say you're fine in a firm yet gentle tone, amd get to makin that coffee for squidude

Spoiler :
YO MORE CHARACTER PROMPTS/SUBMISSIONS WOULD BE RLLY GROOVY!!

Spoiler :
[Image: honkit.png][Image: rhkLEqr.png][Image: uvSOXIR.png][Image: x4wbM2I.png]

Me army of waddlers

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
You can check me out here as well!
01-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Comander obviou's

Offline
Posts: 3,684
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
Patron: An old insect-man, with four arms and two legs. His left-top arm is in a sling, and his right-bottom arm is holding a cane. He's grumpy but good-natured.

> "I appreciate your concern, but I doubt your training would apply to my anatomy."
01-20-2018, 01:08 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply