You Wake Up In A Bar

You Wake Up In A Bar
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
clippy but a gun

SpoilerShow

time is money, but so is health. let the doctor come behind the counter and comically rush around taking your temperature, blood pressure, etc while you wash dishes frantically
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
SpoilerShow
>Let O'Hare check you out, and use the opportunity to ask him some questions. Like, what's that book?
>Take another stab at Tangy's drink.
>Privately ask Stax what all that was about just as you blacked out. Something about "The Fog"? or, "The Fool" maybe?
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Oh I noticed the secret after I read you wanted the update to be wider. Bartenders don't sleep and all. (And they probably stop existing if they get out from behind the counter, too. Just normal bartender stuff.)

Make Tangy a coffee with bits of liquorice root. Mushrooms like plant matter, right?

Don't let O'Hare check you, he might discover something you don't want people to know.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
[Image: 7MQ9lCB.png]

[Image: r6atcL3.png]

No, no. You've got some serious issues with your identity, and you've been expressly told to keep 'em under wraps. The best thing to do now would be to keep away from being inspected too closely-- even if your head does hurt some.

The radio flicks on some music. If you don't select anything, it will tend to shuffle around wherever it pleases.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: iDOS8Au.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: GaGhaDC.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: i6O0xVH.png]

Tangy eyes you, taking a long breath from beneath him. He seems to be growing impatient, despite the fact that you're already starting to make his drink-- preparing another cup of coffee, with an added twist.

[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: ZTYD79j.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: Ba95gsZ.png]
[Image: x450jZt.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: YkgLzUI.png]

[Image: 1orHkHk.png]

[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: MTeRBnI.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 7AI6rza.png]

Somehow, this sparks hope in you. If you could live a life on Starnet, nobody could possibly care about your bartendery origins! Wouldn't that be nice?

And... at least somebody like Laren seems like she'd be understanding, if it came to that.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: IFgAZ5R.png]
[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: BVW5zzr.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 9vKuiUH.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: DZnJQkX.png]
[Image: 6DhPhhM.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: aq43xpm.png]

[Image: ZoLh1u5.png]

Tangy sniffs around for a moment. Though initially he's confused about the addition of the licorice root floating atop the drink, he takes a tentacley, furry arm and picks one out of the cup-- now sopping with coffee. He seems intrigued by these chewable sticks.

[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: ejUnc5J.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: mO9vD6C.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: qQvlbvm.png]

You nod at this. It isn't like you actually meant to cause anyone harm here.

[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: DkSAbNz.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: Ie6BrgL.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: J7VZWT0.png]
[Image: gRpbApC.png]

It seems that Laren has finished her breakfast at last, and Sweet has finished her drink.

Cup status: 1 occupied (Tangy's Rooted Bean), 4 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung, Sweet Tooth, spilled Coffee, X-Treme Marine), 1 free
Plate status: 1 dirty (TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Author's NotesShow
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Aight so our answers to one o' these questions have to be vague, or a lie. The answer has to be convincin enough so that they dont probe for more answers.
>"Those are 3, you cheat!"
>"Will answer one of them though! A mothgrant is basically a bipedal giant made out of moss. Nothin special. Ya dont see much of us around because most of us stay on our little rocks. Others died of a sickness long ago, so you wont see much of them either."
[Image: uEcjEWp.png]
(A collab adventure with my dude, devil!)
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>That would be three questions, Stax.
>Anyways, as to why I'm one, that's rather simple.
>I got lucky.
>How so?
>That would be yet another question, for another time.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Hmm, a syndicate bomb. That's probably gonna involve dementia's bile and a nickel for the 'bomb' part(unless the super fizzy part is only without the nickel), and maybe some tonic water too. Let's also add some strong liquor on top(vodka, maybe?) so we can light it on fire.

Bleeding into the drink might also help the fire but we kinda drank poison a few minutes back.

Ask Hairy if he is alergic to gunpowder.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Seems wise to wash some cups, once O'Hare's drink is done.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>Break out those Fermented Unicorn Tears for maximum maudlin reminiscence.
>What's the book's cover made of? If it's leather, maybe put some hydroxypropylcellulose and isopropanol in the drink to help O'Hare keep his cover stable and protected from red rot. (Make sure it won't poison him, though.)
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>Offer to add the hydroxypropylcellulose and isopropanol before you put them in the drink.
>We've ah. Learned our lesson the first time.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>Arcanuse's suggested response is probably the best. We want to give as little information as possible.
>If Stax continues to pry after we give him vague non-answers (and knowing him...), threaten to throw him out. This is the one thing we cannot compromise on.


You mentioned somewhere you were using "green" music. Here are some suggestions:

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
(01-23-2018, 06:22 AM)a52 Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

more like

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
[Image: 0GJ7R36.png]

[Image: S5Ls9nj.png]

You've picked out another track for the radio. Songs with 'green' in their name have a particular calling to you, and so does jazz-- even in your limited experience, you've already developed a preference. The improvisational, slow piano track you put on eases your nerves.

In addition, you begin putting together O'Hare's drink. With little to go off of, your mind goes back to earlier ingredients, and their particular fizziness, especially Dementia's Bile.

First, though: it's time to shut down Stax's triplicate question game.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 5F2WISW.png]
[Image: owpwXhD.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: Gv7leOe.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: cD3KOrt.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: yq5DDY7.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: Ra9lwPX.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: mKyMouz.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: fWE0uCb.png]

Stax flickers briefly, lets out a huff of heated gas, and caves.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: vweWMSB.png]
[Image: 7GhKEPm.png]

You do so-- leaning close to him and speaking softly enough that the patrons couldn't particularly hear, even if they were trying. Laren and O'Hare seem to be particularly trying to avoid hearing anything, so as to keep it private.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: wDKq7dX.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: bmPnw0T.png]
[Image: vDoOtxP.png]

Secrets have been exchanged-- and you pull back, satisfied with the fact that Stax was actually able to be somewhat straightforward, for once.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: XkYDyAu.png]
[Image: Cr6MHR8.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: pPy29h2.png]
[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: rvybbGz.png]
[Image: VEFCzCx.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: xQqvmUZ.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: KO2mzBg.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 2xTE6sU.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: AQKpSKg.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 0nBZTvj.png]

You set down the drink, with two distinct separated layers-- and set the topmost layer on fire with one of your bartendery lighters! It emits a quickly swirling soft-blue flame, yet isn't too hot at all. Your inner sacred moss isn't even scared.

[Image: yQ6P9wE.png]

[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: fNZW6E1.png]
o'hare
[Image: pWKCdiy.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 96SJuF4.png]

You immediately suffocate the flame with a damp rag. As neat as it was, it's for the better. Goodbye, rad-ass flames.

O'Hare breathes a sigh of relief, and begins drinking with much more enthusiasm.

[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: fQ7QnWl.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: WlUTCn5.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: QcbAVh1.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: 7zRS9q3.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: yluquJG.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: cTnbdc5.png]

You get the faintest notion that Stax is doing this to be mean.

You're incredibly low on both plates and drinks, and you can already hear somebody else outside the bar, heading towards the entrance. At this point, it's becoming difficult to keep up with the orders, and since making eggs, Stax hasn't done much more than clean up spilled coffee without orders.

What do you do?

Cup status: 2 occupied (Tangy's Rooted Bean, O'Hare's Dynamic Dynamite), 4 dirty (Chocolate Bug Yuenyeung, Sweet Tooth, spilled Coffee, X-Treme Marine), 0 free
Plate status: 1 dirty (TQoaBT), 3 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

With completion of O'Hare's flaming rad drink, you've added some more entries to The Cabinet. That thing's really filling up, but there are still so, so many things left undiscovered underneath your bar.

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Author's NotesShow
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Tell Stax you'll get right on making him some lunch if he'll be a darling and get to work cleaning the dirty stuff. Tell him if he does a Good Job, you might even give him a discount. He is sorta an employee kinda-ish.

As for his Ice-cream Sandwhich. Literally just do that. Single scoop of icecream between two slices of plain bread. He wants to order something That's probably complicated and then not even give you a hint as to how to make it? That's fine. You've told him you're flying blind here and so he's just deliberately setting himself up for intentional disappointment so he can feel smug. at least this way, it won't be at all hard to clean up after.

He's even getting exactly what he asked for. It's Icecream. It's a sandwich. Four points? well hotdiggety, what's a slice of bread but a Quadrangular trapezoid? Four corners are what quadrangles are Known for. Deluxe? He's getting TWICE the amount of bread that something actually needs to qualify as a Sandwich. Whaddayacall that kind of extravagance if NOT deluxe?
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
Since we already technically had Stax pay for his drink with egg making, I'm not sure he'll be willing to play dishwasher. It'd be better if he does, but if he refuses we might be able to rope Laren into washing some stuff as payment for her eggs.

As for the ice cream sandwich, that seems simple enough. Two waffles, with four scoops of ice cream in between them. Since we're serving an energetic, we could probably use some unconventional ingredients, like maybe cyanide flavored ice cream. Garnish with gunpowder to make it look extra luxurious.

While Stax is a bit of a troublemaker and seems to be racist against fish, it might be good to not displease the guy so we can prod him for some more info.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
(01-25-2018, 04:27 PM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »Tell Stax you'll get right on making him some lunch if he'll be a darling and get to work cleaning the dirty stuff. Tell him if he does a Good Job, you might even give him a discount. He is sorta an employee kinda-ish.

As for his Ice-cream Sandwhich. Literally just do that. Single scoop of icecream between two slices of plain bread. He wants to order something That's probably complicated and then not even give you a hint as to how to make it? That's fine. You've told him you're flying blind here and so he's just deliberately setting himself up for intentional disappointment so he can feel smug. at least this way, it won't be at all hard to clean up after.

He's even getting exactly what he asked for. It's Icecream. It's a sandwich. Four points? well hotdiggety, what's a slice of bread but a Quadrangular trapezoid? Four corners are what quadrangles are Known for. Deluxe? He's getting TWICE the amount of bread that something actually needs to qualify as a Sandwich. Whaddayacall that kind of extravagance if NOT deluxe?

Not only do i like the wording, this smart. Hopefully stax doesnt get too huffy over it. Secondin'!
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
I'd disagree that Stax is setting himself up for dissapointment here. It's not like he's asking for something specific. After all, there's no universal recipe for a (deluxe) icecream sandwich. It's just that he's knowingly asking for one while we need to clean some things.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>Make Stax wait while you clean all the cups. Tell him if he wants the sammich faster, he can help you clean. It's his call. But you need those cups ready for new customers before you can do anything else.

>If he helps, make him a good sandwich. If not, make him a sarcastic sandwich.

>Press O'Hare on his past while he's still under the effects of the unicorn tears. See if you can get him to start rambling about something.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
[Image: I2RRSa6.png]

[Image: S5Ls9nj.png]

An idea pops into your head all on its own, and nobody else influences it. You'll play Stax like a fiddle-- or at least trip him up a little. If he wants a sandwich now, you'll certainly get him one. Sort of.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: 395G2tp.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: fPNEGeq.png]
[Image: Ldwdv0a.png]
[Image: NOwAiW7.png]

The masterpiece dish only takes you a moment to make, and you plate it, offering it to Stax, who stands almost next to you.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: YZByk5i.png]

[Image: J1FvGHP.png]

The soft, slightly magenta man-o'-star stares at it blankly, dumbfounded. He almost can't believe it.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 6iKv739.png]
[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: ucJPthx.png]
[Image: k6qzMWZ.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: mNHAzyX.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: awTVsiF.png]

Stax stiffly begins washing one of the dirty cups, and you get to work on one, as well. You're teaming up at the sink! Laren raises her head from staring down at the table, which she's been doing for a while, to try and resolve the tension a little.

[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 0JhggL9.png]
[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: nfrmXGs.png]

...yeah, you're just not going to interact with that whole paragraph.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: ybIFNWT.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: UuBx51u.png]

O'Hare wipes his eyes clean of tears. The drink's really getting to him, and there's plenty yet to go.

[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: OI4EU4u.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 1rRJNn0.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: QpAdxWr.png]

Stax glances his head back from the sink, just as both you and him finish cleaning a cup each.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: IWOcYNI.png]
[Image: od2w6Zf.png]
[Image: 2Oxcr9L.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: nmjw2Cb.png]
[Image: mZqOcXF.png]
[Image: Br3Z6ov.png]

As you're about to try and help the tension, relieve the atmosphere, the door to Starwood Bough pops open once more, and a patron enters-- with a thin, terrifying figure, a very pale skin, and face lacking most features, save for a mouth which oozes oil and two indentations where eyes might typically be.

They speak, and you detect the faintest hint of a cockney accent-- but in the sort of way that walls occasionally sound like whispers, rather than a true accent. It's truly worrying.

[Image: fu1FsIN.png]
[Image: 60EUcXy.png]

Stax seems very excited. Everybody else in the bar is visibly put off, though O'Hare continues taking nibbles at his "Yeah, Screw You, Stax", with more enjoyment than he expected to have.

[Image: wprt6SJ.png]
[Image: 04JADHD.png]
[Image: EGKNdzD.png]

[Image: 6MqMqly.png]

[Image: cm0e1dK.png]
[Image: YWx6EDa.png]

Tangy and Sweet would have left a while ago, but it seems Tangy is taking his time with his Rooted Bean. O'Hare is far from done with his drink (and new meal), as well-- so for now, the bar is quite full up.

Cup status: 2 occupied (Tangy's Rooted Bean, O'Hare's Dynamic Dynamite), 2 dirty (spilled Coffee, X-Treme Marine), 2 free
Plate status: 1 occupied (O'Hare's Y,SY,S), 1 dirty (TQoaBT), 2 free
Scavenger ability: Activated (0 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled


[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

For your arguably deluxe, arguably quad-pointer, and arguably ice cream sandwich, you have gained some useful entries in the Cabinet!

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Author's NotesShow
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
inform them of our strict "no shirt, only socks and shoes, no service" policy and then throw ice at them until they leave
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
SpoilerShow

>"Sustenance, eh?"
>"I know just the thing."
>Saute up some lamb (rare doneness) with a light moloch's blood and void dust sauce.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
>Put Krokoan Averagecream in whatever the heck drink you make next. No matter what it is. Make an Averagecream Averagefloat.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
I figure Greene's Pronouns are just "Greene"

For NAME, Sautee some Vendbeast, and Garnish with some of the Prizes it kept in its translucent Gullet, to be traded for coins and other, similarily Shiny objects

(02-07-2018, 06:44 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »>Put Krokoan Averagecream in whatever the heck drink you make next. No matter what it is. Make an Averagecream Averagefloat.

Averagecream and Unicorn Tears
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
We definitely don't want to mention anything around this guy. Not even ooc.

Greene should be "they"/just Greene

>Ask NAME about some good places to find ingredients. You'll probably start running low soon, and they look like they would know.
Quote
RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
This guy needs a whole live goat. With sprinkles. Do we have any insta-goat lying around?
Quote